To the Victor Go the Spoils

–[This thread represents the moments of meeting after the attack on the Poachers wagon. Present are an Or’Lur tribesman who should be named in this conversation, Tlalur, On’na of Gul’al, and Hikiti of Uf mag’og]–

Dar’ab looked the other olgogs and wondered what Glog was going to do when he got back. Maybe his mission could be saved. He just hoped that no one seeks a fight today.

Hikiti looks over at his company. He was told that Gul’als group would be there and thought to introduce himself directly, but did not want to be rude. So instead he gathered with the others, “I am Hikiti of Brez. Are we all acounted for and does anyone require assistance?”

Tlalur was glad everything turned out good for the Gogs, no matter the tribe. He answered “I am fine. I was sent here by my Elder, Lalder, to try and establish trade between our tribes. When I came across the fighting, I had to help.”

Hikiti looked to Tlalur, “The name Laldur is known to me. You are already welcome by our gang. We will engage in trade with your tribe with whatever you wish and whatever we can provide. Should you ever come to Brez, ask for me. I will speak for you.” The young olgog looked to Dar’ab, “and you? Do you have any requests?”

“Elders said to find a tribe from Brez to talk trade and see if any wish to join us in uniting Olgogs.” Dar’ab said while looking a bit nerves.

Hikiti looks at his okgog counterpart, not knowing whether to laugh or cry. “A dreamseeker.” He pauses, “Come with me. We can trade, and then shatter your dreams over some food and water.” Hikiti looks over to Tlalur and motions, “you too.” He finally looks to Gulal’s group, “you coming with?”

Tlalur nods and says “Sounds good.”

Later, after they have food and drink, he says “I do agree that we will have to have some unity of the Gog tribes, as no one tribe, or even a few tribes will be able to completely defend against the Church of one’s weapons forever. Each tribe has a great strength, but few gogs. Where if we Gogs worked together, we would have a greater strength, and all the gogs we need to defend any tribes lands.”

They had made camp halfway between the attack site and Brez. On’na was likely not to make the full trip to Bred before reuniting with the other Raiders.

Tlalur made another mention of tribes uniting. Hikiti responded, dryly, “If it hasn’t happened yet, it won’t happen. Not worth thinking about.” Hikiti was taught at a young age that dreams weren’t worth pursuing…Brez does that to his people.

(Done with Narrator’s permission)

Candy was riding on top of her wagon, her assistants driving with their hoods down. They were traveling around looking for potential clients, and simply because it got boring staying in one place for too long. As she was traveling she happened across a peculiar scene, she saw a group of Olgogs next to a batch of wagons. The wagons were filled with animal hides and meat piled up, nice find for the locals she thought, this must be a hunting expedition. Then as she was passing by she noticed that they were talking about trade, good for them, trade between the tribes is an excellent thing. However there was something else that seemed odd about the meeting, there was a pile of human bodies just a short distance away with clear footprints leading to this point. The bodies had been stripped down to nothing and were just sitting there on the ground.

Candy turned to the collection of Olgogs, “Greetings there, don’t mean to interrupt your conversation but um…i notice that you have a collection of human bodies sitting there in the sun a short distance away. Are you using those? If it would be alright with you, you mind if I take those for burial? It is a human tradition to bury their dead and i notice that you are all chatting next to a bunch of human bodies almost as if you are ignoring them. So if you aren’t planning on using them for anything or do you just enjoy killing humans and leaving them in the sun?”

((ooc - we have already left the attack site and have made camp elsewhere…Pls edit above))

(Edited that you walked away a bit, still elephant in the room)

Dar’ab’s eyes widened at seeing Agent Candy. Looking around he jumps behind the largest thing he finds and curls into a ball.

Candy smiles “awww isn’t that just cute, he is shy” Candy looks upon the rest of the group. “The question still remains, why are there a bunch of humans laying over yonder with Olgog footprints leading here? Their deaths seem a bit excessively violent, some kind of ritual, involving stripping them? I am always a fan of rituals involving men being stripped down, though usually they remain alive…usually.”

Hikiti looked at the strange Earther and her retinue. “We get crucified and worn as pelts by Earthers. All we did is leave them behind. What you do with the bodies of your dead is of no concern to me. Don’t expect me to lift a finger for proper handling of their remains.”

Candy grinned “so, what did these particular humans do to be butchered and left in the dirt? Did they raze your village? Murder your wife…your male right? Yeah probably. Did they kill your master causing you to vow revenge? I love a good revenge story, so? What brought about their wonderfully messy fate?” Candy lays her chin in her hands with an excited look in her eye.

“They tryed to take from the Mal’ie herds of Brezen tribes.” Dar’ab said peeking from his hiddy hold before ducking back down.

Candy gave her best ‘wow’ whistle
“So they went to the nearest herd of animals and tried to feed and clothe their people huh? Bastards, I also hate it when people I dislike try to not starve and freeze. Definitally a capital offense.” Candy gives a sly grin “Did I miss the signs saying that poachers will be mutilated? We killed a small animal and ate it earlier, should I be running now? Didn’t realize that hunting was a murderable defense.”

Looking down at Dar’ab “why don’t you come back up here, I promise I won’t bite, or if I do it won’t draw too much blood” Candy winked.

Dar’ab lifted his head so that the top of his head and his eyes could be seen. He believed his brother when he said that this Earther was one to be avoided at all cost.
“In Brezen the tribes herd is its only means to live. Taking from a herd is like cutting off a warriors hand and making it so it will never grow back. We only stopped we have not destroyed the bodies so they could not be brought back, as they have done to our people.” as he spoke Dar’ab felt a shiver run through his body, like he felt whenever the Elders told the stories of the Dargor they had fought.

Candy listened nodding as the young Olgog spoke, she smiled as he got to the last bit and chuckled, “Ah, perhapps you do not know your enemy all that much. The humans of dunesphere regard all leyas use as demonic magic so very few actually use it. Those rotting bodies there, they will never be brought back, they are in a sense been granted final death, also those men were most likely the only source of income to their familes. If their families are lucky they can be enslaved by a wealthy noble and at worse they will starve and be buried and never brought back. So maybe around 20 to 25 women and children who have never picked up a weapon have now been condemned to slavery or death. Heh heh, maybe we will be lucky and they all have several children, maybe there will be 30 to 40. So if you are all keeping track of your kills, you might as well pump it up to at least 25 overall.
Heh, ah, church of one deaths, you can’t feel guilty about them. They are horrible people, if you are planning to kill more, mind if I watch?”