Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 23: The Trial of Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel

Witch Gogkiller

We could care less about the Mag Der’al, they haven’t harmed us. Now it looks like they are sick, and should be cured not killed.

“I believe you have a similar method. Rap e tower or some such. It is to stop wars and Feuds between tribes.”

To Gorkaog he said “If your Elder ordered you to kill then he is responsible for your crimes. For that matter you have not told us what tribe you come from. Who must we seek to end this Freud before it begins.”

Adept

Yes, it is used in decision making too. These disagreements usually have a clear reward, either a plan is acted on because one won or an item goes to one, or in extreme cases, leadership of the tribe changes. But hear, if we win, what do we get? Our family and friends can come to back, from what he has done.

Vektor really wished Shirley was here. She was usually stuck doing this kind of diplomacy. It worked out better for everyone. However, she was busy dealing with other duties, and instead he was here. At least he had his consort. And they would be alone for the first time in ages. But first, this stupid trial. This GulTor’Uf situation was a disaster. And now with an Uthvelor running around, who had no real name, and other random Karovians running around talking stupidity, he couldn’t keep his head straight. Not to mention the god who walked in and talked about payment. Who summons a god for a diplomatic murder trial??

It didn’t help that the strange undead creature was here, who last started trouble in Brez some time ago. Now he really wished Shirley was here instead. At least Urik was here to do most of the talking. Urik came forward as the primary talker, so he would let Urik take care of the silly god and the political nightmare brewing. At least he was learning about how the red furs are ruled.

He was, however, curious about something that compelled him to speak up.

“I am Vektor, and I speak for the Gang of the Uf Mag’og and the Great Northern Army on behalf of the Goblin King Urog. We are also members of the United Tribes of Der’al, but we defer to Urik to speak on our behalf. I will bring up a point,” he looks at Urik in deference, “that I wish to speak on.”

“You, Gorkaog, said you were sent out to destroy Mag Der’al. Many of the tribes here consider Mag Der’al enemies… you are right. But how do you know if an olgog is Mag Der’al? In fact, how did you know the urhyus of GulTor’Uf were Mag Der’al?”

“Weirguild can be payed to you if you wish. It is one Gold coin for each member that he killed. But then again your tribe was not the only one he attacked. His attack was also against the Honor of those who guarded your tribesmen, as they were to protect them and hold them until their trials.”

Dolur says "Adept, you should care what the Mag Der’al do. The Mag Der’al threaten a peace that was forming between Earther colonies and Olgogs. If the Earthers feel that the only way to stop the attacks is to cleanse the Olgogs themselves of Mag Der’al, they will do it. We would go from the peace talks or Limited Conflicts to full War. The Mag Der’al cannot be allowed to start that war. We won’t win it if we have to fight all earthers at once.

So you should care what they do."

Adept

We do care, it’s just the EEF has shown they would lie and kill to fit their needs. That is why we asked why we should trust them. Their representative left, with no explanation to why we should trust them in this case. So we did nothing.

And then the Mag Der’al helped others around us, providing much needed food.

We saw nothing that indicated they were sick, or causing others harm. So we left them.

Foresti rose and said, "I have heard enough.

There will be no honor or justice for any present here.

This is a murder trial? But the person who is on trial did not murder anyone. Even the accusers admit he disposed of already dead bodies. Under Asgardian law there is no punishments for disposing of corpses. It is the act of killing outside of honored battle that is the crime.

The family that is wronged actually tried to have the criminals who were killed freed before justice could be decided. If the “victims” had been freed successfully before trial then the entire family would have become criminals. They are criminals as well.

And the government who killed the criminals before the trial was criminal as well.

You are all without justice and honor. Therefore I remove my blessings from this trial."

And with that Lord Foresti went down to sit among the tribals who worshipped him.

Maggul made his entrance, taking lead as he was followed by Yagogi’al’s own cub, Tun’Dra. He had warned the cub that this might be somewhat awkward; between recent happenings, dealing with Karovian neighbors, the attitudes of UtR allies and the animosity of rivals. It should be a hell of time to break the cub in for his first diplomatic proceedings, and don’t be afraid to ask questions; this is supposed to be a trial but will most likely evolve into another circus( and we all knew how well that one turned out).

They took their seats, and tried to get caught up with what was already said.

“Lord Foresti has made his ruling. Any who take action against this Pit mongrel will be declaring war on Asgard and those who obey its laws.” Scribe said, saddened at Lord Foresti’s ruling.

Wicth Gogkiller

Isn’t it amazing how anything that is done to my tribe is never a crime.

Oliver looked at Foresti and Scribe and finally stood up angrily.

"This is a trial of Olgog ways not Earther ways. And I am sick and tired of all you’all playing the victim.

Witch your tribe attacked the column of my troops taking these criminals to trial. Your people whined about those lost when your tribe attacked and killed MY soldiers. The minute your tribe did that they lost all rights to moral superiority.

Gorkoag you are a champion yes? Well then you are responsible for your actions not your elder or anyone else.

Scribe please send your “god” away. Asgardian laws don’t mean shit to me or the KGM who died.

This meeting is for Olgog leaders to discuss these matters and all I have seen so far is Uthvelor trying to manipulate us and Asgardian laws that haven’t been followed by Earthers in thousands of years and were never part of UtR nor DC laws.

Under DC law we have not yet codified if granting final death to suspected criminals is even a crime. I blame GulTor Uf for this. Instead of helping us develop good laws they ran away at the first talk of compromise and the first sign they weren’t getting only their way. When we tried to find a compromise between GulTor’Uf and Tor Lallur, the GulTor’Uf would accept zero compromise and then attacked Tor Lallur.
And had they successfully rescued the Uhryus at the cost of so many of my soldiers I would have declared them an outlaw tribe and personally killed them all. So take some Damn responsibility for your actions and the actions of your people Adept of GulTor Uf. Stop shifting blame and let us all accept how we all contributed to this mess.

This trial is not over because a figment , no offense Scribe, of an Earther imagination says so. It continues until we find an answer to how we stop these types of growing wars in the future.

UtR representatives how do your internal laws address this situation?"

“Its amazing how your tribe never works with anyone else and brings disaster on everyone.” Urik said more than a little fed up with the GulTor’Uf pity party.

“As I’ve said for what feels like the hundredth time we are all here trying to figure out what happened and why. All you have done is disrupt these proceedings and whine about bad situations, most of which you caused. I even have to question your version of events regarding the EEF visit. When they came to me they had plenty of proof of Mag Der’al attacks and all they asked for was help to find them. Didn’t say one thing about mass killings, they wanted to find the people who attacked them.
No what I think happened was you rejected their evidence out if hand because you’d rather believe they lied based on the words of a mass murder who admitted his crime and couldn’t be bothered to defend himself at this own trial. And rather than beat their head against a wall they politely left when in reality they could roll over you and all the rest of us whenever they want. But that’s not why we’re here. So how about you stop whining and let us get on with it.” Urik got up and walked over to the cage he looked Gaokong in the eye. “You still didn’t answer my question. What made you so sure these particular GulTor’Uf were infected? If an elder told you that we need to know how he knew. Think of it if he was wrong or even worse, lied, he’s endangering your holy quest. What would the Ka for say about that?”

Dolur said "To answer your question Oliver. We do not allow final death if possible. But we do not give a sentence of final death as punishment. First we try to reform.

I would say the Murderer Olgog the Olgog would be the closet. He caused an attack that killed thousands. Some final. We gave him tasks meant to help him and pay penance for his crimes. He helped the tribes understand immutables more and also worked to deal with his issues. Though this did not fully work out as eventually Gultor’uf just let him wander. He did reform some. But as a nation it was one of our first attempts to deal with a case like that. Ourselves have to work on this part of the law more too.

But if there is an exception to giving final death, if there was no choice other than final death, like the Mag Der’al from the corpses were going to infect others. Then this may be a lesser crime, or an act of defence.

This is why we want to know how certain, or how he knew those gogs were Mag Der’al."

Gorkaog didnt know what to say. He had never entertained the possibility.

He let out a flatulent fart and looked a bit deflated like he had eaten bad pork.

Gorkaog finally said, "No know. No question. Elder raise me teach all know.
Always Elder look at bones tell Ka Gor’na will or Ka Gor’na Flame appear and tell directly.

But…"

Gorkaog looked severly shaken when it finally dawned on him.

"Ka Gor’na appear and tell hunt Mag Der’al and Glog Or’Lur. It them.

But Ka Gor’na not name GulTor Uf. Only Elder say GulTor Uf.

GulTor Uf friend of Mag Der’al so think true. Maybe Gorkaog wrong.

Gorkaog wrong Ka Gor’na think Gorkaog fail. Gorkaog be tortured eternity by Dergor Falosini if fail Ka Gor’na.
If mistake how know. How know how fix. Gorkaog no want torture by Dergor Falosini for eternity."

The massive pit mongrel began to sob uncontrollably.

Quill says, "There we have it.

I guess we will need to find this elder and all the other pit mongrels he has indoctrinated with his hateful ways.
We must take him into custody and stop him before more die. I suggest we remove the Pit Mongrels from the rule of this hateful Elder and try and reform them.

The Army of the True Flame has had much success in reforming Pit Mongrels once they are removed from their primitive and violent way of Life.

I will send word to Vellum. He will mobilize the army and scour the nearby Redfur Pits. This Elder must be stopped."

Urik turned from the cage he felt a little bad about evidently endangering Gorkaog’s entire world view but at least they had gotten somewhere. He looked to Oliver first. “Dolur is right we don’t have an exact law for this but granting final death is discouraged, course that she academic for me being an immutable.” Then he looked at Quill who seemed awfully eager to do what sounded like a dangerous and difficult job.
“I agree that we have to find and apprehend this particular elder. If he has proof the dead were infected Mag der’al we can consider that in punishment. If not I say turn him over to GulTor’uf. I don’t agree with how they’ve acted, well ever really. But I do think they deserve some recompense if this attack was completely baseless. Just like Gorkaog does if he was used that way.” He walked closer to Oliver and spoke in a quiet voice. "I know you lost good men over this and you’re angry but maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to be rude to anyone that comes looking to help, " he said with a quick glance at Scribe and Foresti “Even if they are a little odd.”

The Herald rose from his seat and placed a gauntleted finger in the air, “Pardon me, I do not wish to be rude. I am the Herald of Wintermute, I previously aided Oliver of the Der’al Collective, protecting him from harm. I wish to know something that I feel has been glossed over. This Gul’tor’uf Adept mentioned that there were a lot more then the Prisoners who were burned to ash. He mentioned 30 of these “Ur Maks” Their tribal leader, one apprentice, and a pair of their adepts (I guess called Adept Jrs?) who were also slain and burned to ash. Is there going to be an investigation into who granted them final death? That should be just as great of a crime as what this Pit Mongrel did.”

Oliver sighed and let out a long breath.

"Scribe I apologize for my words.

I also apologize to your Lord Foresti for my disrespect. Please Lord Foresti be welcome as an observer. I just cannot guarantee that our law and Asgardian law will be the same. Apologies again."

Oliver looked at the Herald and said, "Those GulTor Uf attacked my men in a warzone. They were granted final death for killing my men. There will be no trial or investigation. It was my order to have them wiped out.

What was i to do? Have them taken captive so they could repeat the same escape attempt later and kill more gogs?

A warzone is different from granting final death to criminals already held captive.

At least that is my humble opinion."