Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 23: The Trial of Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel

The red fur had excecuted Olgogs slated for Trial by the UtR and Der’al Collective. Now he was being held by the KGM at a secret site. All tribals in the UtR, DC, and GUTS (and all allied and enemy tribes) had been invited to take part in the trial, both the cross examination and questioning of the Pit Mongrel.

The first true intergovernmental trial, all leaders are welcome (or representatives of tribes).

The question of final death, punishment, or imprisonment is still on the table.

Oliver of the KGM is acting as the moderator, and no outside influences are allowed (no VofV, no Earthers, and No

[No one knows that the Pit Mongrel is in anyway linked with the Army of the True Flame. No metagaming please]

This mission can also be used to set up inter-tribal laws/customs for how to address criminals that affect multiple different groups.

The pit mongrel on trial is Gorkaog Bonegnawer, who is a known Champion of the Ka Gor Pit Mongrels.

Mission Rules

All players may make unlimited postings.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

[b] NO COMBAT MAY OCCUR IN THIS POST. NO ATTACKS. NO USING LEYAS ON ANY CHARACTER YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY CONTROL. NO LEAVING THE DIPLOMATIC ZONE IN THIS MISSION]

Open to all tribes, and all mercs (who are not Earthers).

This mission ends on Friday 30th May at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Quill of the Army of the True flame arrives in simple black robes purchased in Drewsport.

He saw the pit mongrel in the cage but kept his smile to himself.

“This Pit Mongrel clearly is a vicious creature that must be put down like a rabid kolgul.
He comes from feral south and must be made an example of so other unaligned creatures understand they cannot subvert the rule of law.”

Gorkaog didnt recognize his former master in disguise but grunted loudly saying, “I no citizen of you or anybody. Your law no apply to me. I FREE AND CAN DO WHAT I WANT. You greenfur all disloyal monsters.”

Quill sighed saying, “So you admit to your crimes?”

Gorkaog shat in his hand and hurled it at Quill barely missing (though very much trying to hit what he percieved as an enemy greenfur)

“NO ADMIT NOTHING,” said Gorkaog, “Gorkaog never do bad. Only do good.”

Quill looked at the gathered Olgogs as if confiding in them, “what a scum and unrepentent criminal…”

A Brezan enters the room, dressed in the manner of the Great Northern Army. He appears weaponless and wears a dusty travellers’ cloak. “My name is Derlur, leader of the Clan of the Heavy Falling Rock of the Great Northern Army.” He looked at Gorkaog, "You may not be tribal, but you still olgog. Red fur no matter. You did crime against other gog, must accept judgment for it. Trial just another way to talk about bad thing you did to another. Question be: will you regret what you did and try to redeem self? Or will you merely stay angry and allow all gathered to justify your death??’

Derlur shrugged as he looked upon all gathered.

Scribe entered, dressed in his Quarter Master uniform, the only weapon he carried was his rune staff.
“I am Scribe, Quarter Master of the Armies of Eloga.” Looking to Gorkaog he says " May Foresti be gentle with you and find the truth of your words, and strike you for your lies."
He then found a seat and started writing down a record, in code.

Gorkaog spat at the ground, “Who Foresti? What Forsesti have to do with Laws?”

“What crime I do?” asked Gorkaog as he stuck his tongue out at Derlur.

Scribe glared at the pit mongrel.

“To my faith Foresti is the God of Justice. He is called upon when wrong has been done and to settle disputes. What you just did is about the same as me being invited into your tent and punching you in the stones.”

"You ignorant and spread lies. No Foresti. Lie. Foresti real?, bring here. Then I punch him in stones.
He great god he no feel pain from punch. Ka Gor’na real. You punch them in stones they no feel. They real and power.

You say I crawl into tent and punch gogs in stones? Funny no remember do this sneaking into tent?" Gorkaog said with no sarcasim. He genuinely began to look around for any gods.

Gorkaog said, “Asking again, what crime you say I do?”

Witch Gogkiller entered the room, and ignored everyone except the gog in the cage. She walks strait up to the enclosure, and looks closely at the gog. Gently caressing her pet lizard, she enters the Uth trance.

UTH TRANCE STUFF, NEW TO ME SO DON’T KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE

The shriek of her pet is heard throughout the chamber as her fingers enter the underbelly of the creature. The screams endure, as she pulls the ribcage apart.

CRACK echoes through the chamber

CRACK as the poor animals cries become muffled.

CRACK, the poor thing’s eyes go dim.

Intestines and other body innereds fall to the floor right before his body is dropped, his ribcage looking like upturned wing ready to sent him into flight.

“Who is your elder that told you to kill my family?”

The lizard steps up, cleans off its body parts runs up witch’s leg to a pouch. He appears a moment later with a berry in its mouth.

"No kill Uthvelor,"said Gorkaog, “Would remember killing because i always be skinning evil Uthvelor. They monsters who kill Red Fur for cloaks made from our skins. Uthvelor deserve what they get,” said Gorkaog.

Gorkaog sits down completely confused by Uthvelor girl.

“I said invited. As in you asked me to go into the tent. And since you asked for it…” he said with a smile that caused several gogs to look away.

Scribe wrote a quick plane note to Foresti, God of Judgment. Of course he made sure to meet all the required honors and praises (even though he was not the God Scribe had chosen to fallow he still knew he had to be respectful of a GOD) while asking him to come and help in the judging of a follower of the Ka Gor’na or “Qual” as he knew them.

His note written he placed a rune on it that channeled Air leyas that carried the note to the tribe that Foresti lead.

“You assume family means blood”

“You are wrong”

“I assume?” Said Gorkaog, "No know who you are Uthvelor or why trial involve Uthvelor and Bastards?,
You have name Uthvelor?

I Gorkaog Bonegnawer I on holy quest to destroy Mag Der’al. All Mag Der’al must be destroyed.
You stop quest? Why stop quest?"

“I am involved because you killed several of our prisoners before we could give them a trial. All have the right to a trial of some sort but you took that away from them and killed them. You killed them before they could be questioned and caused many to panic. As a member of the Der’al Collective I would have only come and listened. But my superiors in AoE want to see your flesh eaten by acid for the trouble you have caused.” Scribe said the creepy smile still plastered on his face.

Yes I have a name, it’s Witch Gogkiller.

Now tell me who is your elder that told you to kill my family?

Gorkaog wondered if this was his punishment, an eternity of being asked questions that make no sense to him by an Uthvelor he has never met.

"Witch Gogkiller you name? You have tribe? You have title?
I no ever met you before. Confused why you think I kill you family.

WHO IS YOU FAMILY?"

[Ooc you walked in here and never said incharacter Witch is part of GulTor Uf. I will not metagame that information until you tell me ingame. Sorry mate]

To Scribe, "I kill Mag Der’al as commanded by the Great and Mighty Ka Gor’na.

Mag Der’al hurt many in many lands. I hunt them and kill them with friend Kamis Firewyrm of Mag Daron.
Why try and punish me for killing Mag Der’al?

Elogan kill Mag Der’al all the time? UtR kill Mag Der’al too. Why they no on trial?"

A small tribe of Olgogs approach led by a human dressed in Mak Hoblok skins carrying a long iron tipped spear.
The Earthers face is covered by a norse helmet.

Anyone who is not a Champion of Asgard will see his aura shows he is a Kuliek. Any member of the Champions of Asgard who looks upon him will view his aura as that of an ascended being.

He stands next to scribe and says, “I am Foresti, Son of Baldyr, Grandson of Woden.
I have been called here to make sure justice is done.
And all Giants are punished.”

Looking around uncomfortably at the fact that no giants were to be punished he continued, “As my enemies the Giants are not present it will be sufficient for me to see that justice is done with this trial for this Olgog instead.”

He gives a look towards Scribe and says, “This trial is now under the Rule of Asgard. No law but the laws of Woden may be expressed under my perfect gaze. And all punishment must be fair and equitable in line with the laws of the Asgardians.
As this is a murder trial This Olgog must pay a weirguild to the family whose members he killed and may then be set free.”

EVERY OLGOG LISTENING WHO IS NOT A CHAMPION OF ASGARD MAY FEEL FREE TO BE OFFENDED THAT THIS “GOD” SAID THE CRIMINAL CAN GO FREE BY PAYING A FINE TO THE FAMILY.

Witch says to Gorkaog,

“Are you ordered by your elder to kill so many, that you don’t remember who you murder?”

OOC: I wasn’t sure if you were playing dumb, or if the character was stupid. Shouldn’t take long for your character to realize who she is talking about.