Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 23: The Trial of Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel

To Witch, "Gorkaog Champion.
Kill every day to keep place in tribe.
Kill Mag Der’al with speed and skill.

Mag Der’al wear many gog faces. Many gog must die if corrupted by Mag Der’al.

Why you all like Mag Der’al so much? Why call Mag Der’al family? Gorkaog so confused."

Gorkaog is even more confused (not playing dumb at all) when the Earther starts talking about paying money for killing people.

Urik stood from his seat.
“If you don’t know I’m Urik leader of the Outcasts, speaking for the UTR. I came as a witness to the crime. But now I’m a bit curious.” He turned to Scribe and his god. “What exactly is a weirguild?”

Witch says to Gorkaoh,"
Gorkaog , if you walk out of here I will kill you. There is no place that you will be safe, no place that I will not find you.

Glances at Foresti “Gods can be killed to, Don’t interfere

Foresti looked upon Urik with grave eyes and said, “When a man murders another man in cold blood he owes the family of that man a payment. On Earth it was a gold coin to the family. If the victims family might cause a fued outside of law a larger cash payment may be negotiated to assuage the honor of the wronged.”

Important Narrator Note: GulTor Uf please stop using the quote feature in the diplomatic thread. It throws off the flow of the conversations for everyone else.

Gorkaog said ,"I have to pay Mag Der’al family after kill Mag Der’al???

Do UtR and DC do this payment? How find enough gold to pay Mag Der’al family?"

He looks at Uth girl challengingly and says, "Uthvelor always kill Pit Mongrel on sight. What different about you threat?

Urik nodded glad that Foresti, who ever he was seemed to be ignoring the uth’s threats he however was not.
“I don’t know who you’re speaking for I assume GulTor’Uf because of how you’re behaving, badly that is, but if you can’t be bothered to identify yourself and speak to others present with respect. You should really shut up.” He said to her.
Turning to Foresti he said.

“That seems pretty reasonable actually. But what do you value lives at?”

He looked to Gorkaoh. “You keep talking about Mag Der’al what do they have to do with this? You’re on trial for killing the GulTor’Uf Uhryus.”

Gorkaog looked very confused until he heard Uriks question,

"Urik you greenfur ask thought full question. Now Gorkaog understand confusion and why greenfur stop Gorkaog.

You no know GulTor’Uf infected with Mag Der’al? GulTor’Uf let Mag Der’al live with them, infect them, poison them to hate other tribes and start wars. Red Fur kill Mag Der’al, UtR kill Mag Der’al. Both know Mag Der’al bad and make other gogs do bad things.

I on holy quest kill Mag Der’al. GulTor’Uf not Karovian anymore now Mag Der’al.
Prepare for holy quest. Track dead Mag Der’al bodies and burn them so no spread Mag Der’al."

And that is a lie, I would be dead if they were Mag Der’al. You were ordered by an elder of your tribe to kill my family. Who is this elder, what is his name?

Note for GulTorUf: you can say its a lie. But that is what Gorkaog believes he was ordered to do.
His elder told him to prepare for a holy quest against Mag Der’al per their thread. Then after preparations Elder told him to go hunt down The GulTorUf. Since GulTorUf did give amnesty to Mag Der’al in their lands it is entirely possible that Gorkaog belives these were his first targets as part of his Holy Quest. Be very careful with Uth Curse it doesnt show you The Truth. It shows you peoples memories and beliefs. How They view what they see and hear not what actually occurred.

Foresti replies to Urik, “The price is one gold coin. Unless a larger amount is negotiated.
If ten died then 10 gold coins. If twenty then 20 gold coins. If weirguild is not accepted than Trial by combat must replace it by Asgardian law.”

Foresti glares at the Uthvelor child who dared to threaten him, “You dont really care about justice, girl child. You seek vendetta. If you threaten me again you will not like the outcome.”

Turning to Scribe, “Champion of Asgard, i hope you will not stay silent while this disrespectful child offends the great Foresti and your entire faith. She speaks of Ragnarok the death of gods as a good thing.”

The Herald sat near the back of the room, listening to the sides argue. Observing how “justice” was dealt in these lands. So far he was not impressed. It almost seemed like they were making it up as they went along. Fascinating.

“Of course no Lord.” Scribe said bowing low. “I was waiting till her anger from her loss had lessened so that she would hear what I say. These are trying times and I try not to make them worse then they are.”

Grabing Witch he says “Peace wise one. I understand you seek justice for the slaying of your kin and priest but threatening Lord Foresti’s life and bringing the end of all life will not help.”

Urik nodded respectfully to Foresti. “Thank you, maybe something like that can be worked out but I have a feeling payment won’t satisfy everyone.” he said glancing at back at the Uth. Again he turned to Gorkoang.
"So you’re saying this is your holy quest. What makes you so sure these particular GulTor’uf were infected? Are you sure you didn’t kill the wrong gogs? It’s true I didn’t know GulTor’uf was harboring Mag der’al but even so that doesn’t mean the whole tribe is infected. "

Dolur entered in his Olgog Heirloom Plate. Though he was a Tla’loc’al Olgog, the plate was given to him during the last trial he judged over. It didn’t go to well, but it seems he always get things that have to do with GulTor’uf. This time he was dealing with the killer of their leadership. If they were taken over by Mag Der’al, that would make sense.

Dolur says "Hmmmm, I have been listening and Gorkaog, what you say about them being GulTor’uf makes sense. They caused a rift between the UtR and the Lost Colonies just before the first new attacks. And then after so many murdered by the Mag Der’al attacks, they still gave protection to them. It does seem possible they were Mag Der’al.

And it is true, we have been hunting down those who use those terrorist attacks. They do no good for Olgogs, and war would kill far more.

But there is a way to help those unwillingly Mag Der’al without killing them. But I cannot argue with killing them If they were Mag Der’al. Do you have any proof of this? If you do, We might donate something of value so you can barter for the coins you need for your punishment. "

Then to Foresti “I’m Dolur of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al. Our Elders are busy, but have sent me. I have a question about your Laws. Does the payment for the crime have to be in gold coins, or can it be something of equivalent value to the coins?”

Witch Gogkiller

Terrorist attacks? like using diseases on other tribes? Oh wait, your tribe condemned my tribe to be infected by the tribe of Torlallur diseases. Then, when we work to preserve our health, you come to kill us all and take our families land. Those that you captured are burned to a crisp, executed and your solution is to give a few worthless trinkets and call it justice?

What this looks like is

converstaion as these two are wandering in

“But we should go to the fire gods, they will help us”

[LEAD] Adept “You know that is only an option for you, we don’t wish to be altered as you put it”

seeing Witch Gogkiller

“Child, Silence now, and come over here”

Witch Gogkiller

They’re going to reward them for killing our family, I must do something

Adept

I know, and they will think themselves righteous for it. But think of what Uhryu would say, what would he wish you to do?

Witch gogkiller

What he wants and what is needed are two different things. I will protect him from these animals. I will protect our family

“Oh give me a break! If Bill had listened for even one second to anyone else all of this needless death would have been avoided. More to the point who said anything about rewarding him?You say you want justice. Do you really? Or just the most convenient blood? We are trying to get to the bottom of this, who sent him and why. Maybe you could drop the martyr act for five seconds and help for once! You can start by honestly answering if your tribe was really harboring Mag Der’al.”