Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 21: The Invasion of the Tomb Factory Part 2

(OOC I’m assuming comm crystals were not taken from them. Setting a way to bring Krodnok into the convo.)

Lalder had ordered his tribesmen to work to restore the fleet as soon as possible. Working on the Carrier first, and moving Lur Union Fighters inside where they can be worked on. But more important, the fighters didn’t have to be finished to leave or fight. With the Carrier being Space worthy, that also meant that it could survive underwater. Lalder would have as many of his allies aboard in case the ship needed to leave.

He had left Krodnoks crystal with Lurtor, so that he could communicate cleanly with the dead while overhearing Lalder’s conversation. And if Lalder needed to know something, Lurtor could relay it.

Lurtor responds to Krodnok "Not well. This is Lurtor. They managed to activate the factory fully and disabled all the ships. They are letting us repair them it seems with the intent to let us leave, I’m sure to cause more havoc throughout the world. They win on that either way.

The talks are going in circle with this Caretaker as he calls himself. He’s a greater demon of the warmonger or something. I’m listening in through a commcrystal Lalder is holding.

Right now there is talks going on to resolve this. It bounces between good and bad. There is talk of everyone leaving, including Unit 111, Unit 7756. But that would also require you to leave as well. But I doubt that is a real offer.

Do you have any ability to help here, provide cover? Or do you think you should send a representative? The Caretaker knows of you, where your forces are, and is trying to twist your help or benefit from this against us."

Lurtor to Lalder “on the comm now.”

(OOC Sorry, too many things to respond too, and I can only post at night :-p )

Lalder listened to the quick message from Lurtor, but he may have missed something in the on going talks. They weren’t talks, they were how least to get screwed.

To the caretaker, he responds "Dark god? I do not believe Krodnok is a dark god. He wants to be a god, but is a warmonger’s dead and as far as I know, does not follow the Warmonger, and is not possessed by a demon like you. Of course, as we have seen that I cannot sense those things, so anything is possible. He has defended Simonsburg in battle. He has battled against Unit 111. What he has shown us is he is an Ally of the UtR. And that is what I have to judge him by.

Olgogs in general due to having the earthers almost wipe us out have had to turn to different groups to survive. We have Olgogs who work with the Krato, ones who are freed from the Warmonger as his dead, the Ferals in the South who feed off disease, and ones to the west who feed off fear. Olgogs through the years of slaughter have had to find different ways to survive. Now we need to come together. It is one thing I like of the Army of the true flame, we cannot be racist, we have to judge by actions, not by breed.

This may mean in the future, current allies will have to resolve the differences, but that will have to be dealt in time, and not while guns are pointed at us."

Lalder knew it was obvious he said the last part for the others, not for the caretaker, but oh well. It needed to be said. Olgogs had to work together.

Lalder then says to Uriel "You have a good point. How do we deal with this? I’m open to suggestions. We do have one here who could detect the demonic presence, if he is willing to tell us. I like myself as me, and my tribesmen as they are before we came here. I do want no extra passengers. "

Lalder finally says to Ralphie "Again, I did not know of that taint of the earthers. Would you be willing to teach this ability to sense the demonic and possessed once we get out of here? "

Red Bishop Declaire looks at Ralphie with a hurt expression “Now, I know you might not like Church of Oners, even former ones, but calling us demons is a bit mean don’t you think?”

Dominic’s face flushed deep red with anger at the mention of the paladin he once squired to, and even that there was a suggestion of him helping a dark god rise to power. However, now that it was said, he did feel uncertain about this Krodnok character. Kolgol hadn’t given the full details of who this person was to him, only that the factory should be handed over to him. Regardless, he could easily see that there was more to that character than met the eye.

He answered the caretaker,

“My honor is untarnished. Mercy was given to me by a superior foe, and in response to this kindness I offered my service. I have had nothing but cooperation and friendship from Ka’Rhug and it’s people, so you will not spite me by bringing up the knight I served. Now I live for no man but myself, I have a ship and crew, and I owe allegiance only to Kolgol.”

“And by the way, what was this ‘promised payment’ exactly?”

At the mention of the Red Bishop and the Inquisitors, he did started noticing odd things about them. They hadn’t even once addressed him, even as he stood in church of one plate mail that once belonged to the paladin he served. He knew as much of the inquisitors as any squire did at his age, and he knew that they often looked at squires and even some paladins as lesser servants, talking down to them and using them as servants and errand boys. These men hadn’t even acknowledged him, nor asked his support. He supposed that under Grimaldus’s new guidelines, they had become less zealous and more emotional than those he recalled as a boy.

The Usurper cycled through the host body’s memories like a booklet and finally said, “It was a simple thing. A vessel which could take my children and wife far far away from the Church of One which kept us as serfs and slaves. I was a servant of the Mortis Leonin, last time he came here.
They were freed, and they lived a long and healthy life on a beautiful island. It is the memory that will make all my suffering in the hereafter worthwhile.”

And for Mayjeed this was true. And Mayjeed had earned his right to be caretaker, and made a warm and cozy flesh puppet. The Usurper felt a tinge of jealousy that Majyeed really still believed it. The Usurper didn’t. All was ash. It was just a question of if the ash had figured it out already.

The Zh’Ka Gul saw how others shrinked away. Cowards, he thought, cowards all.

"Caretaker I still offer to sign myself over if the others agree to withdraw their forces and so does Unit 111 and all other Dead.
I feel that this place should be abandoned and sealed away.

Only evil will come from this place remaining active."

Looking around again, the True Flame soldier offered a sound reminder, "Irregardless of our alliances or lack of alliances I believe all except the Dead came here for the same reasons.

To get rid of Unit 111s production capabilities.

If not you should speak up."

The Usurper said, "Just to confirm, so far The True Flame and the Rhug’na’ru will agree to withdraw peacefully and never return if the Dead leave this place.

But the rest…the rest wish to continue the fight?

Am i wrong in that assessment?"

At that moment a door opened and in walked Under Captain Khemra saying, “Unit 111 will never withdraw as long as the Dead of Krodnok hold a portion of this factory. But if the Krodnok withdraws we might consider leaving it in the hands of Ralphie and the 817. Of course then they would be responsible for defending this place and keeping Holys sleeping.”

The Usurper said, “I sincerely doubt the Auf Lal’al and allies would turn on the Krodnok even if it meant Unit 111 leaving peacably.”

Krodnok listened as Lurtor spoke. when Lurtor finished, Krodnok responded. “Alright. Do what you can to keep me informed, will you?”

Lurtor says to Krodnok over the crystal "I think you should grab what you can and prepare to leave.

It looks like the best way to let all our allies leave and the only way to deprive Unit 111 and Unit 7756 the factory, is to deprive ourselves of it. I know this affects you more than us. But nothing says while this is going on you can’t grab what you want from the section you have. Would you be willing to do this?"
###################

Back at the meeting, Lalder was pondering what to do. He could not speak for Krodnok, and he hoped Lurtor was relaying things.

Lalder says "If the agreement for all to leave, with no strings or demonic possessions, Just leave and not come back. Unit 111 leaves, Unit 7756 leaves. That is the main goal. That is something I would prefer to more fighting. I do think Krodnok could be convinced to leave as well. I do not think we could have to turn on anyone. "

Lalder sounded confident, but He was concerned some that Krodnok would not want to.

Lurtor couldn’t see it, but Krodnok frowned. “The equipment i need from here, it can’t be moved. That poses an issue for me. I can take some parts, but not the actual machines i came for.”

He paused. “How exactly does my leaving take this place from 111 and 7756?”

Lurtor responds "Unit 111 said they would go if you those in the attacking force left, and you by name left. Then they suggested leaving Unit 817 as the guard to protect what sleeps here.

Right now, the mission to take the factory is a loss. The fleet was defeated and unless you can take out the control room that has the defences, the gogs above have little choices but negotiate. If nothing else, to buy time.

Removing 111 and 7756 from the factory was one of the main goals. And still getting that could salvage something from this. We might be able makeup for some of what is lost from not taking the factory. We can explore that if we all get out of here.

Also, one of those dead is using your absence to create rifts among those who came with Lalder. Lalder is defending you, but with Lalder not knowing all, like the Earthers are demonically touched, he is running out of options to keep the group together. "

(OOC I’m not sure if Krodnok could take out the control room or at least the crystal happen in this thread, or next weeks mission.)

Yigog remained silent while the tribes of Vima tried to negotiate with the Caretaker. He was taking mental notes, happily being withdrawn and playing the part of silent lackey. At one point, he was tempted to chime in about contract signings, but the Tyriani thankfully raised his voice. It allowed Yigog to focus on the Caretaker. Who was its master?

Finally, Yigog heard a deal he was willing to accept. The Shield of the Redeemer was trustworthy. Only thing to figure out would be: at what true cost?

“The Great Northern Army agrees to withdraw if Unit 817 becomes steward of this factory. We came in friendship, as requested by a tribal council member. We came because Unit 111 is gor, and we do not trust power of our gor. Unit 817 is not gor. Better than 111 and other Dead.”

He turns to Lalder and Dominic, “Rhugnaru agree. Great Northern Army agree. What say each of you?”

The squire thought for a moment, glancing at the Caretaker suspiciously.

“So long as Unit 817 gain full and complete control of the facility, I have no problem with this deal. My mission was to evict Unit 111 from this place, and it may yet be done, although not in the way I anticipated. I do however, want to know what Unit 817 intends to do with this factory. Will there be more dead war machines pouring out or will the factory be shut down?”

Uriel slowly reached into a pocket of his cloak and removed a jewelers loop. He put it to his eye and looked very closely at Red Bishop Declaire after a moment he nodded then turned back to the group.
“Well I am not technically authorized to speak for the colonies in negotiations. However if the UTR agrees to terms with you Caretaker and the dead of Units 7756 and 111 I expect that the colonies would abide by it as well. After all as I said their main concern is that Holys remained contained.”

Zedzehl was overjoyed with the way the conversation was going. Unit 7756 had no stake in this place and he was sure the Castiel would quickly agree to leave it. It would weaken 111 to lose the facility, and make it so they would need Remis Raiders even more.

“It would zeem a good proposition has been given. Zee UTR and others leave zee factory, leaving behind zee redeemers to guard it with zee Ka’Gor as caretakers. If zee redeemers or zee Ka’Gor decide to keep the factory running and arm their allies so be it. They can be trusted, correct?”

Zedzehl had wanted to meet Holys. Even if he were to be one of his experiments, he was the ultimate master of molding flesh. So brilliant he tipped into madness. To witness such genius at work, it made his dead heart flutter. It made him think though, “Caretaker, if zee factory stops won’t it awaken zee Holys? Aren’t zee hum and rumble of the war machinery here zee only lullaby keeping him asleep?”

(To Lurtor, via comm crystal…)

Krodnok laughed. "Leave 817 in charge of this place? That’s funny. They can’t be trusted here.

“Holys wakes when the equipment for upgrading Dead into WarMachines is activated. Every use brings Him that much closer to consciousness. And i have personally witnessed two members of 817 upgrade themselves. If they have control of this place, there is no guarantee that they won’t continue to upgrade themselves, and in turn, wake Holys.”

Krodnok paused for a moment, then continued. "If everyone is to leave this place, fine. I’ll take what i can scavenge, and be done with it. But if we’re serious about leaving here, and taking the facility out of commision, it should either be destroyed, or buried. I don’t know what effect destroying this place will have on Holys, so, we should bury it. Fill it the rest of the way with water, and freeze it. Leave the water, add alot of dirt, and turn the dirt to stone. Something. If we are all to abanon this place, make it so that we can’t ever use it again.

#### To Krodnok via comcrystal#####
Lurtor says "Can you take the parts that do the warmachine upgrades? Something to disable that part. Then the factory would have limited use since the other parts are underwater? I don’t understand Holys. You dead seem to. But I’ve already been blamed for awaking an unknown almost god like being. I really don’t want a second one in a year.

And leaving it with Unit 817 does seem to be where they are leaning. I don’t think Lalder could change that direction. But at least you could limit the value of the factory to everyone, make the only reason for it to keep Holys asleep."

(OOC Of course talking about Mag Buskt )

(To Lurtor, via. Comm crystal.)

“Removing parts… I’m not sure what parts to remove, exactly,” Krodnok offered. “Fill with water, and freeze it, it would, hopefully, also fill the machines. The extreme cold, and the water expanding slightly… should damage the machines, make them unusable.”

“Use of the machines will wake Holys. Destroying the machines, in theory, won’t activate the machines, won’t wake Holys.” He looked around at the few of his people he had with him. He moved the comm away from his mouth, but close enough so that he sounded distant, but Lurtor could hear him. “Take what you can. And then leave.” He put the comm back to his face. “I’ll stay, help figure out a good solution.”

Krodnok deactivated the crystal. Then he turned to his people. “If I can’t have this place, any of it… no one will. I’ll fill this place myself if I have to.” One of his Dead looked at him quizzicaly.

“What?” Krodnok asked. “I can do it.” He turned away. It’ll just take awhile…"

Lurtor to Lalder

Lurtor says “Krodnok said he would leave. He’ll grab some stuff from the area he occupies though. Though he says use of the machines will wake Holys.”
(OOC Lurtor does not know Krodnoks plan to flood it more.)

Lalder with everyone

Lalder stepped away for a second, and then came back to the group. He says "I’m told Krodnok would leave as the others leave. There should not need be a battle to force him out. "

(OOC sorry telephone game going on. But the point gets across :-p )