Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 21: The Invasion of the Tomb Factory Part 2

Uriel looked quizzically at Zedzehl.
“I said no such thing. I never even mentioned the EEF. I said my advice to the olgogs of the United Tribes of Refuge, or Der’al if you prefer, would be decommissioning the factory. If they chose to attempt to make use of it that would have been their decision to make. But we of the Colonies have learned the hard way that some places should not be exploited so. Research and analysis of the factory would be an entirely different matter.”

Ralphie look at the group and shook his head. To Lalder, “you say that the ‘higher races’ as you call them wouldn’t care if you took this place, because they have left the Dead in control. Do you know the history of this place? Last they checked, it was sealed and hidden away to keep people out. The only way on to the island was by air. And the locals, that is you breathers, had no means to land any real force here. The few stranglers left from the assault of their forces on this place would be enough to keep lone travelers away. Their mistake was that they either missed a surgeon or the factory captured those fools that came here and started making more Dead. A few over years can add up and grow to large numbers.”

“If you think that once they realize about the new types of Dead that are here, that they won’t move, then you are a great fool. They may attack this place to wipe out the knowledge of how to turn the ‘higher races’ into Dead. The only thing probably stopping them is ignorance or the fear of waking Holys. When their fear of being made into Dead surpasses their fear of waking Holys, they will come. It is fear like this that lead to the corruption of the K’ias empire and the Great Wars.”

(OOC Running Gag the Church of One Launched a major attack against Simonsburg. I think in Game that was only 4 to 5 weeks ago. Out of game, much longer)

To the Red Bishop Lalder says "The Church of One has spent hundreds and hundreds of years in a quest to kill every Olgog they could. It has been just over a month since they launched a major attack against Simonsburg. And that was while the VovF was politically protecting Olgogs. Now VoVF has announced anyone who wishes to come to the Olgog lands are welcome. So yes, I’m very concerned that they are planning and prepping an attack sooner than later.

However, I do have hope that Lord Grimaldus’s land and earthers are working with us. Living in peace with Olgogs. That is what gives us hope. And I would gladly accept your help in any documents that are written here.

Lalder looked to the Dead of Unit 7756 "I never mislead anyone, everything I’ve said here, I said in the planning. Of course, you have no idea what I told my friends and Allies because you were not among those meetings. At least none of your dead were. You seem to like to pick and choose what words you want to hear and repeat. It was no secret what my intentions here were. "

(OOC Lalder is not mentioning Krodnok’s dead because if they are unknown, he wants that possible advantage. )

(OOC in the mission post (And some planning), Lalder mentioned goals of Removing Unit 111 from the factory and strengthening Allies. Part Lalder’s statement from the last week’s Mission post.)

Today we fight remove Unit’s 111 power to wage war on us. Without this factory they will be extremely limited. Also today, we can capture equipment, facilities, and vehicles to make our allies stronger. And with the loss of the VovF’s protection, the K’iou on the verge of war with all Olgogs whether the tribe harmed them or not, and all of the terrorist attacks at home, we need strong allies and weaker enemies.

The Red Bishop nods at Lalder, “Lord Grimaldus remembers the kindness your tribe has shown and continues to show. He wanted to send far more then the three of us to aid you but the attacks on our people tied our forces up. You will not be alone if and when the Church decides to attack again. Our friendship is beneficial. We shall make sure that all documents are fair to all sides.”

"My name is Og’urab my rank is Zh’Ka Gul in the Army of the True Flame.
Before that I served for the Kolgul Militia and before that I was a riflegog in the EEF Infantry.
Before that…i can’t remember…probably drank too much and brawled.

Now I am here to make sure all Dead are driven from this place.
Unit 111 must die final death and be recycled by the Universe.

When Auf Lalder called for aid against the dead we proudly answered his call.

The Dead are untrustworthy abominations.

I agree with Auf Lalder that we cannot allow the Dead to keep making weapons here.

I will sign any agreement that forces ALL Dead from this place and will then leave in peace.

All Dead includes Ralphies less than evil dead and Zehd’zeal’s Dead and any other dead you have hiding in your basement."

The Usurper eyed the Zh’Ka Gul hard saying, “Such an agreement is possible but you control five of the soldiers out there. While the majority are controlled by others. They must agree as well.”

Then the Usurpers eyes scanned the room again saying, "Even if this Og’urab signs on to be the caretaker, there are dead in this place that Unit 111 does not control. They have taken the experimental wing of the factory.

If Unit 111 were to withdraw, it would fall on these fine Olgogs to drive out the monsters who hold the labs. I wonder how they would feel having to do so?

You may find them less than excited to risk their life to drive out…" he thought back to how Miala Nial described the meeting between Krodnokand his UtR allies, “Those dead who have not yet been violent to them…yet…”

Yigog shrugged. “Hi. Yigog, clan of the heavy falling rock of the Great Northern Army. We’re with him.”. Yigog pointed to Auf Lalder. “He asked for help, and the Great Northern Army provided it. Close is our friendship. The Great Northern Army has no specific designs on this place.”

Looking at Og’urab, Ralphie laughed. “Spoken like a true thrall of the hive. Tell me do all members of your unit has alien slugs in their heads or only you?”

Glancing over at Lalder, “you chose interesting companions, those possessed by the Quall hives and those tainted by demons. Where do you feel you get the right to decide who controls this place? By right of being shot down and captured?”

Without missing a beat Og’urab says, "In full disclosure there are members of the Army of the True Flame who have quall larva. There are also members who are Earthers and other species. The True Flame doctrine refuses no members.

All are welcome.

The Army of the True Flame does not condone any racism.

My squad was sent in to this mission instead of those who are not larvally enhanced by our leader Vellum WHO does NOT have a quall larva.

It was hoped my squads larva would prevent us from being knocked unconscious by certain models of Magi Cannon used by the Kias and the Dead to capture the living. My orders were to make sure the Unit 111 did not succeed."

Every statement I just made is verifiable by Uth instant recall, Og’urab thought to himself. True would protect him.

Lalder says "Ralphie, it is nice that you have the ability to tell this. I do not. Would you be willing to teach me this so I could know in advance as well?

Right now, there mission and my mission lines up. The Army of the True Flame has been on the right sides of battles so I have not questioned them. I have heard good things of Vellum from one of mine. And unless given another reason, we will continue as we have been. I will talk to Vellum later on this, but not here.

I am building an embassy in their lands. And hopefully this will lead to peace between the Feral lands and the UtR. I would think Ralphie, peace is something your tribe is always pushing for.

For the peace here, I will agree to leave the factory in peace, and not come back. Especially if Unit 111 and Unit 7756 must leave as well. I do not control the dead in the other part of the factory, but will ask them to leave as well. "

Reshed had thought about the offer, the very generous offer that the caretaker had offered his tribe. The offer was very one sided, they would give his tribe weaponry and other such machiines to the Rhug’na’ru in exchange for his tribe’s cooperation in leaving the factory. HE could see no downside at all, aside from maybe a stern upper lip from Lalder and his tribe. That was unimportant to him though. He smiled, looking at the caretaker.
“I would be a fool not to accept your terms as they stand. As I understand you are giving me weapons that you no longer use, I assume firearms or explosives, in exchange we would leave the factory and not attack it any more.” He thought a moment, then shrugged. “What the others decide to do with you is of no importance to me, however odd that may be. But I would not support some of their actions, specifically where they destroy the facility. Such a place should not just be taken out for no reason other than it is not controlled by yourself.”

Uriel did not like where this was going. If the Caretaker was a demon the last thing any of them should be doing is making deals or signing contracts. He looked about the room to address the entire group.
“Perhaps, before anyone decides to agree to anything you should recall that leaving this factory operational will swell the ranks the Unit 111. Who the Caretaker admits he does not control. And therefore a deal that leaves them holding it is perhaps not one you should make? Also there has been much talk of what he will offer you but no one has asked what he wants.”

He turned to look at the Caretaker “Does it not seem odd that he offers to lavish you with weapons and riches and asks only that you leave the factory? Something he could easily do by simply saying leave or be destroyed. He says he wants to be sure you don’t come back. But why? You are clearly not a threat to this place now that it’s defenses are fully operational. He could sweep your craft from the air and have us all killed with a word and converted to Warmongers dead with in hours. Yet, now he wants to make a deal? It seems to me that one should be weary when the side holding all the advantages decides to make a deal.”

Reshed raised his brow, looking at the one who had just spoken. “Even if he is a demon, and even if the Unit 111 gets control of this place it does not change the fact that my soldiers aboard my airships are in a very real danger. If I were to take this deal it would at least give hope to a situation where there is none for them. He could wipe us out of the sky? Of course he might have been able to, but that is why we are here, is it not, to prevent further destruction of either side.” He shrugged. “Of course I do not think the undead should be here making their war machines, but that is not up to us at this point. We are at gunpoint, but we have a way out. negotiation. If you think I am not suspicious of their generous offer then you are wrong. I can only be as wary as my people need, and right now we need a way out. We cannot damage the undead, not with our weaponry. We would be slaughtered and turned into the warmachines this place creates.” He raised his hand in a gesture. “If he got his anti-aircraft weaponry operational again he could take us out, but the way he took out the others was a different way entirely, seeing as we are still in the air. But I am open to negotiate with others who are at gunpoint, if you insist.”

Uriel turned to Reshed.
“Well honestly I was cautioning the entire group. But even so you are incorrect. You misunderstand me badly. If the Caretaker is a demon it very much matters. What does your escape now matter weighed against your entire tribes future? Because that is what you risk. Think about this, if you make a deal with him and find yourself possessed of a lesser evil because you missed a Cluase in the fine print. How much damage could you do? How many things could you conceal? How many of your tribe could you convince or trick into demonic servitude? How much tragedy could you cause by turning coat at a critical moment? Because that is what they would make you do. A demon would wear your skin and control your actions. While your own soul would be slowly consumed by whatever greater evil the demon served.” Uriel again looked around the room.
“All of you consider is your escape now worth the potential destruction of all you have built because nothing less is at stake. Negotiate if you feel it best but understand what you are dealing with and the possible results of your actions.”

The squire looked in disgust at the caretaker, appalled that people were considering making deals with demons and the dead. He’d been brought up all his life to fight such evils, and was horrified that anyone here would deal with them.

He turned to the caretaker,

“I care not for your deals. I want out, and I want no part of this. Tell it to me straight, what will it take for you to let us leave? I don’t trust your contracts and I have heard of the trickery of the demons and their kind.”

“You will let us leave now, and I will promise on my honor as a squire and captain that I will not return here so long as I live. But before I do, I have one question. Who are you really? How did you come to be caretaker of such a facility as this and how do you command these dead as you have?”

The chambers were essentially bugged, as 3 raiti lupospiders skittered about the room. All the way over in the Yagogi camp, in a tent dedicated to planning sat three Mak’abs deep in thought with others gathered around. They had been silent so as to not alert anyone to their viewing of the “negotiations,” and ever so often they would break the link to convey information. Now was one of those times, Hobya’Ab broke the link of open communication and turned towards the others to say, “Isn’t that three questions?” There was a small chuckle, and then the mak’ab returned to watching and listening to what was going on.

Ralphie looked at the squire. “I can not be sure of his name, but the caretaker appears to be a greater fiend of the Warmonger. But when I said lalder was working with demons, I meant that the Oners present are demonically tainted,” he said waving a hand at Red Bishop Declaire. “He cares the taint of a demon”

Krodnok had been busy for the last few hours. His people had managed, not to take the full Factory, but had taken what looked like the Experimental wing of the facility. And, right now, he was content enough with that.

However, he had other ‘obligations’. He reached into his belt pouch and retrieved Lalders’ comm crystal. He wasn’t sure what had happened to everyone else after the fight, or even if anyone else was still alive. “So,” he whispered into the crystal. “How did we do?”

(For now, my communications in this mission are only with Lalder.)

The Usurper gave the young squire a look of pure mirth. "What does a boy who once served as a squire to a knight and broken those vows to become a squire of his enemy have in the way of honor?

You accuse me of controlling the Unit 111? If I controlled them what reason would I have for not simply having them gun you down when you were at your most vulnerable tossing and turning in the water?

I became Caretaker much as another might. I had needs. I came to this place and recieved my promised payment. And then I serve my time as Caretaker until another with equal need takes my place."

It wasnt entirely untrue considering how he had gotten this particular current form. Of course the original Majyeed had been first inhabited by a Malevolent but the Usurper had sent that screaming imp to the hell dimensions before he moved in and got comfortable.

"And dont be so quick to hate me for no longer being mortal.

Your ally really brought you here to help the Dead who serve a Dark God take this place for their own ends.

I wonder if the dark god your friends upstairs serve would be as merciful.

How does that make you feel Captain Dominic Levi Strauss? To know you are helping a Dark God rise over all the Goblin Lands?

I speak not of the master of this place. If you wish to know of whom I speak. Look Auf Lalder in the eye…and ask him…"

The Usurper would be repaying Miala Nial in full for that tasty tidbit about Dominics memories of becoming Kolgols squire.