Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 20: An Article of Faith

Shirley interjected, “We can’t be changin’ the ferals. Their ways are their ways. Jus’ like we can’t be changin’ tha ways of the Pitgog. Tha ferals know the consequences of der’na and messin’ with the tribals. Tha pitgog also now know how upset we’d be gettin’ if they make us too sick…”

That just gets us into trouble, she thought to herself.

She looked at the GulTor’uf gog and the Scribe, “so think on that when ya answer his question.” She nods over to Vellum.

We don’t intend on forcing the other gogs to do anything, we never have. But there are not enough caves to hold all the gogs that need to take shelter in darning the season of the flamewinds. But if we build a place that will hold off the flamewinds, where any who wish can stay.

We at Gultor’uf believe that enough will come that there will be caves for the ones who remain. We see this place as going to be near vacant during the other 3 seasons of the cycle, when the tribes wander.

It would be the individuals tribe choice, whether they stay in the city or not. Gultor’uf plans to stay in the city, so that the caves we normally stay in can be used by others. When the flamewind city ends, we will wander again.

Looks at Vellum, What would suffice as evidence then? Our word and experience don’t seem to matter, so what can we do, say or show that will count as evidence to you?

Scribe was once more wishing he had not entered the Goblin lands. after drawing another rune the city changed into several large caves ( tops missing so that they can look inside)

Then said “As mutch as it pains me to say this, you need to listen. My evidence is witness statments, an admitens of guilt, and hundreds of dead olgogs. Now we have moved past the blame game and are trying to deal with some real issues, please try and keep up.”

Dar’ab so confused, gogs say odd things. "Dar’ab never say Tor’lallur special sick. just say from Pit. Tor’lallur sick normal sick. Just from Tor’lallur. If Gog sick by self no help. Sick come from Tor’lallur only sick work.

One thing more…What Vampyr mean?"

Torlallur, we refer to you as cursed or vampyres because you take life from others and can’t receive healing without dying. Of these, there are different ways they take life, you take life from sickness, and we call you plague vampyres. Others torture or scare gogs to take life, and we have other names for them. But who take life and cant receive healing are collectively called vampyres.

We refer to your sickness and diseases as special because of how they act. Under normal circumstances, if we heal someone who is sick, they don’t get the same sickness again. When you performed this ritual, you kept infecting gogs with the same sickness. This is why we consider it special.

Scribe turned to Dar’ab “Vampyr are those that feed of of other through fear, pain, or sickness. Even though it is considered bad by some there are those out there who use this ability to help others. And even if you can’t control other illnesses there are other things your tribe can do to help those that are sick with illnesses not from the Pit.”

"Thank you Dar’ab,

My fellow Ambassadors. Multiple times during our conversation people have spoke of Tor Lallurs disease being more powerful than a normal disease.

This again for the Third time is what i take issue with.

No proof has been given of this. Respected Scribe and Uhryu have made this claim. Scribe twice, Uhryu once just now.

No evidence has been presented that Tor Lallur illness is powerful than a standard one.

I will repeat again for clarity. No evidence has been provided that Tor Lallur diseases are inherently Mystical as Scribe accused earlier.

Im not denying that Tor Lallur spread what they believed was holyness. They thought at the time this was a positive act.

Scribe said Tor Lallurs common cold could not be trusted because it was supernatural.

Provide me proof to that point or apologize for slandering the already confused members of Tor Lallur."

Scribe was on his last nerve with this brain dead olgog. Slaming his staff onto the ground he called up a wooden spike wich he started to carve into a sword.

“Once again you ignor the evidence in hopes to start conflict. Why is that?”

Torlallur, You said you lived here at least a generation, and during this time you worshiped your pit. We haven’t had an outbreak or mysterious infection for many years, this is the first year we have had it. What changed? What happened? What is different that you infected others this time, when (if we take your word) before it didn’t happen?

“Scribe you havent shown any evidence.”

OOC there really is no proof. You are jumping to conclusions.
you assume because the plague came back its somehow mystical.
thats just not true.

OOC: ask in character and see a response.

OOC I did three times in character. Please read the preceeding thread. I have been ignored.

OOC: Gultor’uf said you don’t trust our word and asked what would count as evidence for you. We really can’t go further until you give us that

Dar’ab listen, Shaman say listen, learn. Earlier Dar’ab talk much, no learn. Now learn. Now spread learn. “Dar’ab know answer! Tor’Lur tell Dar’ab why Gog cured come sick again. Cause we give sick again! Pit reward Tor’Lallur for giving sick to Gogs. Show Gogs what leave behind. Must know sick, see what bring Gog down. Only after know can one grow! Heal get in way. So give Gog sick again. Only when Gog feel effect of be sick does Pit show Gog the way. Type sick matter less. When Gog sick, desire no be sick. Can choose temporary better, or be enlightened and master sick! Also nother reason. When Gog better, and near sick…become sick again. Natural. Pit give Tor’Lallur strength over sick, teach other to master sick, strong.” Dar’ab pounds his chest in emphasis of the word strong.

“We promise no give sick again after Gog better, only weak strain of Pit (Common Cold) in future. Also, offer new thing. If you Gogs find sick that Tor’Lallur no do, bring to Tor’Lallur and we take away. All future sick, watch carefully, no out of hand. Make sure no spread further then plan. No Gog die from sick from Tor’Lallur. When offer Pit, Gogs know may no come back. Either master sick, be one with Pit, or choose leave. Master sick, or One with Pit, most honorable. Can choose leave though. No sure why, but give option.”

Vellum was apoplectic realizing again he was being threatened by Scribe’s act of sharpening his sword.

“GulTorUf Ambassador. Proof would account for some factual evidence that the sickness is different than normal sickness.
If your tribals were not able to permanently cure it that means little to me. I would want an independent assessment of the biological elements. Otherwise it is hearsay. Your healers are not experienced with all forms of disease and cannot be considered experts.”

:heart:

Torlallur, what you are saying is that we have to deal with you making us sick. That your rights to religion are above every other gogs in karov’s right to live peacefully. in effect your will is above all others, and all the others must suffer unless we join you as the cursed.

You called me dumb for suggesting that the Church of one has the right to put their religous beliefs on your tribe (amoung others). what gives you the right to sicken others? Because it is your beliefs? What happens when other beliefs are counter to yours? Do we ignore theirs and say yours are the priority?

I asked again, what changed if you have been living in Karov? If you have been performing this ceremony, why aren’t there other plagues and sickness that it would have caused?

Vellum, Torlallur just stated that they reinfected the others. . . What more do you want from us?

Vellum says, "That fixes that mystery.

Nothing mystical about the disease.

The Tor Lallur misunderstood your act of healing. They reinfected communities trying to make them better. No mystical diseases here."

At Scribe, "You owe Dar’ab an apology. As members of the Der’al Collective we should be supportive of our fellow leaders. Instead you slandered the Tor Lallur based on conjecture and jumping to conclusions.

Should I assume your sharpening of your sword is some sort of threat?

If you like Mr Scribe I can brandish my weapon too. Though it might cause Shirley to faint."

Vellum gestured at the ornate codpiece of enourmous proportions that made up part of his uniform.

Scribe put the practice sword he was making down and said" No what Dar’ab just said was that they were unintentionaly re infecting the healed. They just promised to vaxinat the tribes around them to maintains their faith and make others stronger. A very smart plan of action if I must say."