Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 20: An Article of Faith

“I Dar’ab, Tor’Lallur is tribe. I not entire tribe. I just Dar’ab. Sides, no you tribe sick. Only other Feral tribe get sick. (It is in the Reaping of Karov mission, only the feral tribes got infected Your tribe would not have gotten sick according to the mission) We have right spread faith, you have right spread faith.”

Dar’ab’s normally calm face twists in anger
"You say peace, Feral tribe raid, kill. Raid kill many tribe, that peace? Raid kill Tor’Lallur, that peace. raid kill many. Feral tribes no know peace. Know fight, strong live, weak die. Always been so, all generations. Fancy Gogs, in Karov live in oasis, we starve, fight for little. Fancy Gog, in Tla’loc’al live under ground, safe. We wander barely survive. Fancy Gog live in Brez, shelter, strength. What rest have? Rest us, have dirt, blood, pain. Fancy Gog for generations watch rest us suffer in nothing. What give you right judge? You wallow in oasis, rest us die. You more deserve life? You more deserve safe? You above all Feral Gog? Treat us like animal, like Mal’ie. Only good be penned up, watched cause we too stupid to be left alone. Tor’Lallur like rest have fight, defend what have.

You no right judge, go back to Oasis, you safe perfect land. Know nothing. Know nothing cause live in wealth. No know how is to suffer like feral so. Cause Unnamed Gog tribe see feral as animal.
Pit save Tor’Lallur, Pit save many more. That was mission of tribe. Tor’Lallur agree to take more care in saving other Gog. Less forcefully."

Dar’ab turned to Scribe again. “No, no listen. No say unintentionally. Before we give sick again on purpose. Feral Gogs need see suffering of sick. Then understand why need master sick. Better informed, to make choice if join Pit. You no listen.”

There are 10 score of gogs that consider themselves citizens of Gultor’uf. The wander the sands around us. They are gogs you refer to as ferals. What you are telling us, is that you are going to make them sick unless they join you. As you will to all other tribes.

We don’t care what you care what you believe, as long as you don’t force them on others.

You were at the Deral Collective, we voted no to the law All tribes have their own ways, in their lands their ways are law. We voted because this will happen. Another tribe does something willfully that affects other tribes.

We talked about phrasing of the laws, and how good intentions can create laws that harm others.

We would suggested the law be, if a crime happens between members of the same tribe, the tribe they belong to handles it.
This would assume that each area has some form of conflict resolution, as we have before we all started to become “civilized”

Because this would lead into the second part of the law

If a crime happens between two different tribes, in the same area (Karov, unen etc) then the government/conflict resolution of that area deals with it.

And the last

If a crime happens between two different tribes from different areas then the greater government will take care of it.

This is a good system because it clearly shows that intertribal affairs stay there. We would love this to happen, and we would follow it.

You will not budge, You tell us you intend to kill and convert the gogs, because you think it makes them strong. You intend to make them suffer, by infecting them with sickness. Out of fear, you are telling us you won’t infect us at Gultor’uf, just the ones you think are ferals. Until when? Until you no longer fear us, then what? Will you then call us feral and infect us?

We have asked what changed, what is different. We have heard no response to this, just that you need to do it. And not that you need to do it, that you will do it regardless of whether the tribes want to or not.

You have made your decision to discard our words, and our words have failed again. We wish you wouldn’t force others to become sick, but it seems like no matter what you will. And because of that we at Gultoruf must act.

Scribe was ready to cry. He had just gotten rid of his head ach when they decided to start fighting again.

“This sword,” he said, “Is for my student. The only reason I am carving it here is that it was the first thing I could think of to not flip out and start attacking everyone here. If it will make you feel better I can carve something else.” Next he addressed U.A. and Dar’ab. He thought of several ways to stop their constant bickering. He settled for throwing a blunt wood chip from his carving at each of them.

“Both of you please stop fighting like children over a toy. We are here to bring change together and represent our tribes or in my case because this is my job. The way you are acting is making your tribes look like a group of Kue’lo. I thought we had an agreement that you two would make a place of healing with GulTor’Uf healing and Tor’Lallur feeding and vaxinating. Both of you wish to make the olgogs around Karov strong so they survive. Work together to do so.” Finally he addressed the Ka Gor representative.

“I admit to being wrong in my conclusion on Tor’Lallur’s illness. As such I will speak with Dar’ab, or another member of the tribe to settle my debt to them. But I will not do so here as that is a matter for us to settle. If they wish for you to be there with them then so be it.”

Vellum wondered if he was trapped in an echo chamber.
He adjusted his codpiece and says, "Scribe you felt the urge to attack and kill?
That is normal and natural.
The reason that it is normal and natural is that no one is actually listening to each other.

I am tired of referring to GultorUf ambassador as we have.
Since I know Uhyru Bill of the Green Pants has a name and he is an Uhryu then I find it absurdist for you Ambassador to be only called Uhryu.

But the purpose of this meeting is not to judge the nomenclature any member of this tribe chooses to use in self addressal.

We have been talking about peace for some time and GulTorUf does not seem interested. He wants to attack the Tor Lallur.

Let us hypothesize he does. Do you really truly think it ends there? A simple attack and extermination of the Tor Lallur?
Let us even say you wipe them out in a single attack.

You renounced your Membership in the DC. That means you are an outsider attacking the whole of the Der’al Collective.

Scribe who defends your points so earnestly would be forced by alliance to turn on you.

And despite Bills stylish bright green lower half, I would have to make the fashion the lesser deciding factor.

Our Honor as an alliance would be called into question. Others would think the Collective weak otherwise."

We aren’t really talking about peace. We are speaking about enshrining the ability to biologically attack others into law, If you are Torlallur. How can there be peace, when you are being made sick intentionally by others?

Scribe looked at U.A. “So you think I should kill every doctor that uses vaccines to make sure people are healthy and do not get any dangerous illnesses?”
As Scribe asked this he called on another wood spike and started carving. This time he was making small wooden replicas of each member of this gathering, leaving the sword to be finished later.

(Comp screwed up.)

Scribe, Doctors get consent before they give vaccinations.

"GulTorUf if you were worried about “laws” you wouldnt have left the DC and declared war.
You would have tried a legislative attempt first within the DC.

You didnt. Now it is not a question of how the Collective handles internal disagreements.

It is the question of if you are attacking the Der’al Collective. And the subsequent consequences of escalating warfare."

Maggul was greatly surprised that the Der’al Collective would just openly show this side of how thing were being run, and how cohesive a collective they actually were. It was actually getting a tad awkward to witness this and see how poorly things were going for them…but of course, there was alot going on within the UtR currently too. Maggul decided now was the right time for a something is in the back of my throat cough “Ackkhhh, ackkhh, Sorry just a little dry in here, and …somewhat tense. You all might not want to be discussing things like this while outsiders are present, or if you’re so confident that everything is going to work out alright, go ahead. It is your call really, but internal warfare, that kind stuff seems fairly private.”

“I just thought of something.” Scribe said as he was putting details into the face of the Dar’ab replica he was carving. “How did Tor’Lallur re infect the ferals in Karov? Once a body starts fighting a sickness it keeps a record of sorts… I think.”

“Unless its healed before body has a chance to create antibodies,” said Vellum

Then realizing he had shared information a tribal Olgog shouldnt know the Dimension Walker grew quiet.

Scribe raised an eye brow then said" So what your saying is that before the warriors could get to know their enemy, said enemy fell off a cliff. When re inforcments arived the warriors were not ready for them?"

Vellun agreed, “A good metaphor.”

Then once again addressed GulTorUf and the Yagogi representative,
"Be aware I was not threatening. I was extrapolating based on known knowns and known unknowns.

I personally am struggling with the concept that the GulTorUf ambassador understands the gravity of what a war in Karov really means."

Dar’ab rolled his eyes "Tor’lallur no scared of unnamed Gog tribe. Offer consession cause war bad. Excuse for tyrant Gog claim own ferals. Unnamed Gog ask why spread Pit now no before? Before no tyrant Gogs try control all round. Pit make Gog strong resist tyrant Gog. Protect Gog, from Gog like you. Gog that claim feral tribe now theirs. Pit sacred, save Gog. War cause Gog die no reason. Waste. War? ugh, what war good for? Nothin. Unnamed Gog want bring war Tor’lallur? We no stand by die. Unnamed Gog say starve, die, only options. Tor’lallur say no. Tor’lallur choose live. You no accept this, sad.

Dar’ab offer lot. Offer give all Gogs choice if go in Pit or no. Tell Gogs might come out strong, stay within Pit be part forever, or walk way. Offer to spread no leathal version of Pit (common cold) kill no Gog with sick. No good nough for Unnamed Gog. Dar’ab say okay to take away sick from Gogs no made sick from Tor’lallur in unnamed gog ‘hospital’ place. Offer much Dar’ab have. Unnamed Gog offer nothing, just make demand. Tyrant Gog make only demand. Dar’ab tired listen demand. Tor’lallur willing bend, Unnamed Gog want Tor’lallur break. Tor’lallur no break.

Unnamed Gog want war? Gog sent to harm Tor’lallur gonna learn bout Pit, very well."

We understand what you are saying

You are planning to infect all tribes in karov with sickness, then go and tell them they can join you to not be sick. They may die in the process though.

You are telling them, that you are going to make them sick.

You are telling these gogs, that you will make them suffer, whether they want to or not.

They you will give them an offer, stay sick forever or join you.

Yes you may tell that they my die, but you still are going to infect others with your disease. You aren’t giving a choice about this, you are going to make gogs suffer until they die or join you.

"No you obviously do not understand.

Dar’ab offered to switch from a deadly plague to a common cold.
You offered no compromise and demanded war.

Dar’ab offered to not reinfect those healed of this common cold.

Dar’ab offered to heal all non-pit related disease in Karov.

Dar’ab accepted spreading his faith only through means of consent.

You then twist his words. You try and make it seem like he offered no compromise. He already offered to compromise every aspect of his faith to assuage your bleeding heart.

This leaves me two thoughts that are inconcievable.

Thought one you GulTorUf ambassador are unnamed because you dont work for GulTorUf at all and are actually a disciple of the Warmonger.

Thought 2, you are merely a child, an apprentice. Not someone who is the best Uhryu in all of GulTorUf earning the right to use only the name Uhryu. And if you are simply an unnamed apprentice making such poor choices then you have never seen true war upfront and personal.

When the skins of flayed GulTorUf tribals flap likr banners and the ferals you care so much about are merely food for the ravenous Kolgul then child you will understand what war really means.

Which thought is right Unnamed Gog? Are you a Warmonger Cultist? Or an Apprentice in way over your head?"

Yes they are going to switch to common cold

Yes they said they would heal other diseases not coming from them

Yes they said they will only curse the gogs that agree to it and tell them they might die.

No, they did not say they wouldn’t just infect the tribes that are willing. They said they will infect everyone with common cold, because it is there religious right.

This is like a gog tribe cutting of the arms of other gogs. When caught and asked to stop, they offer to only cut of the gogs hands. It’s a compromise see? One tribe wants them to stop cutting of the arms, while they want to. So cutting off the hands is a great compromise!

This is what Torlallur is offering as a compromise, except they are using diseases instead of physical attacks.

This is wrong. To let them infect gogs that don’t consent, would be to perpetuate evil.

"I see you did not answer my question about your credentials Unnamed Gog.

You are making a false comparison. The common cold is not equal to cutting off limbs or fingers.

If a gog kept sneezing in his hand and shaking the hands of every other gog they met to give everyone the common cold no one would suggest War!

If a person knowingly spread a common cold most would look at them as eccentric not a threat to national security. And the trade off is NO OTHER actually dangerous illnesses, it is the ultimate societal innoculation against a real plague.

You just dislike them because you are prejudiced against the cursed. You see no value in them and then believe it your right to wipe them out.

Just because your prejudice forces you to ignore their value you have no right to take away their value to the Der’al Collective."