Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 20: An Article of Faith

Scribe started looking at his hands then patting himself. No fur, definitely NOT green. So how did Dar’ab confuse a Bastard with an Olgog.

“I was only pointing out the pattern that religions like yours have gone through. Most of which were destroyed by other Children of Falos, or by the combined effort of all sentient races. And all that is left of them is a dark description by the Songmancers or in paintings of the battles. I am just pointing out a path that will allow my ally to live at the end of this situation.”

As he let that set in Scribe worked on one of his sketches until he had to start taking notes again.

(Dar’ab uses Gog as one would use the word person rather then a species indicator. Also remember as Tor’Lallur is a Feral tribe, they have had little to no contact with other species, for example the only humans they have interacted with was the Church of One, they have never seen the majority of the other races)

“So, Scribegog say Tor’Lallur stop be Tor’Lallur or else die? Change everything, be like other Gog or die? Abandon belief or die? If that case, then no know what do. Tor’Lallur can no abandon all. Tor’Lallur no able stop world. Dar’ab die fore give up what make Dar’ab unique. If Tor’Lallur existence reason for die, then why talk? All feel same? Nothing less then abandon all belief good nough?”

Scribe finally knew why his mentor wanted him to stay in the City of the Gods instead of coming to the Goblin Lands.

“I am trying to tell you what I have seen in my studies. Maybe your tribe will be different. Just remember that what you do causes others to do things, and these things may hurt you. That is how life and war work and all we can do is learn from those that came before us and be better then them.”

“Tor’Lallur no know others. Tor’Lallur only know Tor’Lallur. Only can be Tor’Lallur. Tor’Lallur offer spread Pit different so no kill. Tor’Lallur offer inform and choice before put in Pit. Can no bend more. No one offer do anything sides Tor’Lallur. All other Gog simply say ‘what we want or die, change or die.’”

Scribe nodded, " I would offer you my knowledge, but it is mostly the arts of times past. Instead I offer to help you build a temple leading to the Pit. This gives your faithful a place to stay and will help contain the illness even more. And I’m sure everyone here will help to make this work, so that we prevent another massacre."

“Temple? why need temple? Pit in cave. Tribe follow herds. Cave holy place. Why need temple?”

“I said a temple but it could be a few buildings where your tribe is safe from the storms and enemy’s, a place for your new faithful can rest before they take the challenge. After all the stronger they are when they enter the stronger they are when they come out, is that not what you said.”

“Strength of will, faith. Physical strength no important. No need lift heavy rock live. Cave protect from weather. No need fancy building.”

“You asked for an exchange, so if you ever need my help with that please let me know.” Scribe thought for a moment then said " The only other thing I have to offer are Flash bombs that will not hurt your people."

“Flashbomb? What? I no ask for stuff. Earlier when say no one offer not what mean. Dar’ab mean no one compromise but Tor’Lallur. Tor’Lallur offer spread Pit weaker (to put in plain language instead of violent diseases that could kill people give people the equivalent of a Cold, or a Cough) and give choice if want go in. All other Gog say no enough must change all or die.”

Babi had sat silently but the entire event had turned into a witch hunt. He didn’t really like the Tor Lallur. They were smelly and awkward, at the same time they had been open to trade and attempted to repay the gift of water by helping immensely with the cleanup and salvage of Unen.

“You all say da Tor Lallur violate da laws of your lands?” He asked somewhat incredulously. “You go to war and kill them for it hmm?”

He shook his head, “It a law against making people sick in Karov? Dat da same law in Tla’Local? Did it become a law in da UTR too?” He asked pointedly looking at the other UTR representivies present.

“I tell you a ting. My daughter Abra’Ka, she mean the world to me, but last season she got sick, da green snots, hot head, every ting. I cared for her like a papa does a sick daughter. Right when she got over dis bug you know what happen? I get sick. Oh I got so sick, my bones ached, I was always hot and cold at once. I tell my daughter, You lucky child I love you otherwise I through myself off a cliff into da ocean and be done with it.” Babi said chuckling before becoming serious again, “You want me to bring my daughter here to go on trial to for getting me sick?”

“Speaking of da children. Didn’t a children of one of da Uh’ryu who’s tribe be leading da charge for war kill hundreds if not thousands using an EEF weapon system? He had to atone with 9 trials, but when it da Tor’Lallur they kill a few they deserve da other tribes go to war? I see da standards are double for them and Olgog da Olgog?”

Kaz’ac nodded in silent agreement.

“I agree with Babi, there is no formal law against causing sickness on other gogs. Killing other gogs is certainly a crime, but the Tor’Lallur have not physically caused bodily harm to the casualties, only sickening them as a byproduct of their pit.”

“Certainly there should be some regulations on how Tor’Lallur interacts with other tribes in this manner, but war is certainly not the right way to handle this. ‘Death for death’ is not a method that works well in the long run, we should seek a more diplomatic resolution.”

He winked at Dar’ab.

"Besides, if this is what they are capable of when they are neutral to us, I don’t want to know what they would do if we were enemies.

Maggul, councilgog to the Yagogi in the UtR had made his entrance not fully sure of him being here basically at an assembled Der’al Collective meeting. Looking around, he could see the tense expressions on all faces involved. Although just seeing Lallur of the Herd of Auf Lal’al, Kaz’ac of Kolgol and Babi of the Kul’Gul Rapi Family put him at greater ease but yet another situation come about because of the neglectful actions of a tribe. There was once a time that the Family were hated people, a vile enemy, but that was before knowing of how they worked and now they were a trusted ally. It was the same that had happened with Mag Buskt, and maybe there was a purpose for the Tor’Lallur too. Which also reminded Maggul, he would need to have a private word with Babi at some point.

“I do not know of the whole circumstance surrounding the spread of disease around the lands of Karov. Regardless of whether I agree with the beliefs of not, gogs have a right to practice their faith as long as it is not harming and infringing upon others. The Cult of Warmonger wants nothing but the rise of Warmonger and the ultimate destruction of others. This is not something that we can get behind, but maybe there is a way of looking towards Tor’Lallur and having them serve a useful purpose such as one that the Kul"gul Rapi Family have taken. Tor’Lallur have their pit of worship in Karov, but these lands are inhabited by others and this is where the problem exists. They can have their pit exist, and grow their faith to those that are informed and have made the decision for themselves to join. With that being said, the Tor’Lallur would also need to keep the faith of the pit localized to the pit itself and then prevent outbreak, keeping the rest of Karov safe from sickness, and another outbreak like the one that just happened. This keep Tor’Lallur practicing their faith, then GulTor’Uf and the Yagogi can share the land safe from sickness. With everyone going on, the UtR and the Der’al Collective, how about just trying to make Karov work together and like minded united front?”

Over on the side, Maggul approached Babi to say, “We need to speak at some point, our hunting ground in Karov maybe under invasion.”

The biggest issue here is that Torlallur does not understand why we find his infecting others reprehensible. He recognizes it when others do it to him, but not when he does it to others. We have been trying to get him to understand this, because until he does any agreement is going to be based on his fear that we will go to war with him. Once that fear is gone, if there is no real understanding, then we will have conflicts later on.

Babi, the laws have been woefully done. If you want to talk about the laws, It is not against the law to heal anyone. We could go around healing every vampyre and that would be legal. Im sure you find that idea horrendous because you know as well as we do that that would mean the end of you. I we did this, it would be just as tyrannical ans making other people sick. Note I am just using this as an example and we harbor no ill will toward your tribe.

Your child getting you sick, you knew that was a possibility, and your child didn’t intend to infect you. This would be like your child getting you sick, and when you find out, he tells you that he is still going to get you sick, just not as bad. What do you do in a situation like that.

Maggul , Karov is home to many tribes, and we should not assume that it is just us that need to share the land.

Kaz’ac, because you fear something, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do what is right.

Vellum said reasonably, “Sickness is a necessary part of life.
If Dar’ab can guarantee the cold he spreads is not deadly then it will make our gogs stronger to be infected with it and fight it off internally.”

Vellum knew he couldnt go into detail about Microbes and antigens. The Dimension Walker once again struggled at the roles he was forced to play when dealing with his less advanced kin in the Goblin Lands.

“If by chance GulTor’Uf cured all Refugian diseases tomorrow then the first alien sickness the Olgog nations faced would kill us. I would argue with Tor’lallurs suggested compromise they do make us stronger as a species.”

“As you said a normal illness causes ones body to get stronger against other illnesses. The problem is that the illnesses caused by the Torlallur are powered by faith and the Leyas. So how are the tribes going to get stronger if the are slowly killed off one by one? How do we stress the severity of an illness that is worshipped that can bring an end to these lands if left unchecked.”

Babi shook his head looking at the Gul Tor Uf. “The laws permitting healing even against those whom you know it will kill would be da reason you don’t see many Bruskti in Karov. In Unen the tribes which respect da family word their law much differently.”

He shrugged, “I know the next time my daughter gets sick, and she will, it will get me sick too. She don’t need to tell me that, if getting sick and being miserable is da greatest danger in Karov then I never realized how unfortunate we were in Unen.” He said with a laugh.

He knew Maggul’s tribe trained hard to fight warmonger and all other beings which would destroy the realm, they didn’t lead an easy life. The joke was intended to poke fun at such a strong tribe as Gul Tor Uf being afraid of illness. Tor Lallur’s illnesses would be an annoyance for most tribes not a disaster especially if they agreed to cease them before they cause serious harm.

He took out a thin wood tablet and an ink well of purple ink. He dipped his finger in the ink and drew it across the tablet. THe artifact immediately activated the ink pooling into olgog words on the tablet. When passed to Maggul he would be able to completely understand it almost as if they were speaking to one another. It read:

"Honorable Maggul,
To use this tablet think the words you wish to say to me while drawing ink across the tablet. So long as no other views it we should be able to converse in secrecy. To clear the tablet wipe your palm across it.

Mag Deral and the cannibals Mag Daron attack in Unen. Is this the invasion you speak of in your lands?

-Babi"

After finishing the message he would pass the tablet to Maggul.

Vellum says to Scribe, "Tell us where did you get the information that the diseases spread by the Tor’Lallur are different than any other biological infection?

I think you are making a leap. The Pit is what is mystical. Or so it seems. The spreading of disease, a step in their worship."

“And as it is a part of their worship they make it stronger with their beliefs. So answer my question. How do we insure that it does not spread to desimate every tribe, or spread to beyond these lands.”

Maggul thought on the argument of the tribal of GulTor’Uf, he found it somewhat funny that a tribe derived from the olgog vocabulary for FINAL and DEATH couldn’t see the irony of the threat of war. He chuckled to himself and had to ask the question, "So what would you have of Tor’ Lallur? You threw a fit when different tribes tried to change the ways of the ferals, and in which case resulted in many deaths. Death is so to speak a unique part of life, and fortunately the actions did not result in all of the ferals death. Growing up as part of the Yagogi, you gain a greater understanding of death and the truth that lies in death, We could have contacted the dead ferals and found out the answers to the questions of their lives. Now, you have another obvious feral tribe that has their own way of doing things, and from the murmurings that I have heard have even been willing to compromise their existance, and you throw another fit because it goes against what you want. You taking on the ferals, was a bigger task than you could possibly handle. How can you be okay with the actions of one group of ferals and not another? The answer seems to be the ability to assert control of some sort. So I ask you again, what would you have the Tor’Lallur do?

From what I also understand, GulTor’Uf is jumping at the chance of a war with the Yagogi claiming that we have started raiding on your tribe, but in actuality it’s just more unchanged ferals doing as they wished to continue to do, they desired to keep raiding. To clarify, the ferals chose not to partake in the tribal life and understood that we no longer wished for them to be raiding from us. It would seem that they found a prime new target."

Maggul went off to the side to observe the unique tablet. He did as Babi had directed, clearing the tablet. Then he dipped his finger in the ink to draw ink across the tablet as he thought of his response. When finished he would hand the tablet off directly to Babi, so that he could view the message which read as thus:

“Honored Babi,
I thank you for offered support. The intrusion of the most honored Kolgol into the Yagogi hunting grounds, it would seem that something is brewing within their camp.
-Maggul”