Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 20: An Article of Faith

Dar’ab stared at the Unnamed Gog like Pit itself had come alive and asked if the tribe wanted to save 15% on their car insurance by switching to Geico. For about 4 minutes before responding. “When…what…who? Unnamed Gog, Dar’ab no able tell. Unnamed Gog drop on head lots as new born?”

[REMINDER:Vellum is not a Pit Mongrel and has never mentioned Ka Gor. Unless you are metagaming, you only know Vellum as a leader of the Army of the True Flame. Pyromancers in an army who hire on all species without regard to racial construct or species.)]

Vellum says, "I fear when we start bandying about words like zealotry.
These impersonal phrases place restrictions on individual self understanding.
Uhryu, if you kill the Tor’Lallur for your beliefs you are also a zealot.
I am of the learned opinion that if anyone kills anyone over religious beliefs then they will be expressing zealot behavioral stimuli, leading to further unwanted violence. Join with me in finding a third path. "

“Oh and the UtR didnt make mistakes. If the Ka Rhug didnt rely on its Lur Union and UtR allies for defense and manufacturing they would still be doing the forced conscription and immolation routine,” said Vellum, “Brava on the war crimes. One day I hope I can achieve even a modicum of the unjustifiable brutality you employed against ferals against my own enemies. But i just may be too compassionate to achieve that level of butchery. Im sure your god Kamak was very pleased and asks for more?”

Ka’zac’s smile faltered just a bit, as though he was thinking something unpleasant.

“We may not see eye to eye on this, but this discussion is best saved for a different time. We have not come to discuss how you feel about our past interactions with Ferals that live on our lands, for which we cannot seem to do enough to make up for. Also, our deity Kalok does not ask for sacrifice, nor does he demand tribute, by giving our dead to him we honor him for his continued protection.”

(My bad for the mistake, I didn’t note the difference, no offense was intended.)

Lallur says “Sorry, my name is Lallur. I didn’t mean to disrespect. I just got to involved and forgot I didn’t mention my name. Usually everyone knows me… that might be because I don’t travel much…”

Looks at Vellum

We at Gultor’uf are not preparing for a genocide. While we are preparing for battle, we are here. We are drawing a hard line, because if not us then who?

And the UTR has made mistakes, even if they don’t see them that way. Every tribe has, even Gultor’uf.

Looking back at the Torlallur representative.

Just as you don't want the Church of One killing you, the other gogs you infest don't want you killing and converting them.  You are trying to force your way on others, and in this last case used deceitful .. .  you lied about it.  you lied by not saying you were the cause of the disease.  

I don’t think you moving is a good idea, as it is a cop out on our end. It would be an evil to inflict you somewhere else where you would force gogs to join you (lying/tricking is a use of force). If you remember back to my first statements when you asked what you could do, one of them was tell the gogs you are trying to convert everything about the ceremony, the good, the bad, the indifferent. This wouldn’t be forcing them, if you told them, and then they entered the pit of their own will.

TO KOLGOL AND LALDER

Vellum smiled a bigger toothy grin. His gold capped canine teeth shined.

“I think you and I see eye to eye. May Kalok bless this meeting with a diplomatic and peaceful end. I know that is what the True Flame would want. Leaving the subject of ethnic cleansing aside.
I wonder why your attentions are turned on a religious matter in Karov so soon after your own…oversight?
Probably because the mighty UtR has not heard about a big ole Gog by the name of Blood’Og.
He runs a tribe, Mak’lal’tor? You UtR folk must have never heard of it. Because those guys are bad folks. Bad folks indeed.
Oppresses hundreds of thousands of Olgogs every day?
But obviously a bunch of dirty gogs who are not much different than the ferals with odd local beliefs are a higher priority.”

[:heart:]

Vellum looked at the Uhryu and said ,"What do you mean by a hard line?
If you march into Tor’Lallur territory with intent to murder them if they dont give up their faith then you are exactly like the Church of One.

Now if you just want to kill them if they step on your territory, then we can start finding places of compromise."

Vellum turned to Dar’ab, “Would your people be open to sharing the good the bad and the whole yadol on the ceremony for your faith when you offer conversion? I would never presume to saying you have to, or even can based on religious practices. Lines of dialogue must be forged in the crucible of discource.”

Looking at Vellum “Tor’Lallur willing tell Gogs enter Pit not always leave Pit. If choose no enter Pit, leave. Still need spread essence of Pit. Need for faith…but can modify. Use weak strain of Pit. Make Gog uncomfortable, weak, but no kill. Not as satisfy for Pit…but done for peace.”

(OOC this is just to Vellum, trying to keep out of the main conversation.)

Lallur says just to Vellum "I’m here because we tracked the disease that plagued the lands back here to Tor’Lallur tribe. That concerns the tribe. I’m here instead of an Auf so that ivot doesn’t become more than talk since I’m not in the leadership. I’m just an annoying gog sticking his nose into something. But truly GulTor’Uf needs to get things worked out. And If that happens, no battles.

But GulTor’Uf tribed is pressed worst than I think you realize. They volunteered to take care of all Ferals to the VoVf who thought of themselves as the protectors of the Ferals. The endangered Olgog. Right now he can’t even feed them. And now many of those ferals were sickened and killed. If the VovF feels they can’t trust any gog with the ferals, they may move in and take land. So This is again bad for all. Not just you or your group.

As for Blood’og, the UtR and Lalders tribe has been fighting with him over Brez for a year or more now. You are right, he is a bad gog. But so far not much can be done with him."

(OOC the last missions before the iterm break, we were involved with fighting them. And stalemated over it. I believe)

OOC: I Misspoke, When I said Mag Deral collective, I meant Deral collective.

Dar’ab, Do you understand why we are upset now?

Sometimes the language differences makes communication difficult/

Dar’ab looked coldly at Unnamed Gog "Unnamed Gog hate Tor’Lallur is. Hate Faith Tor’Lallur. Want Tor’Lallur like rest Ferals so control. Feral tribe unique culture, faith. Make hard control. Humans, give Ferals you, want control. Humans control.
Tor’Lallur small, easy pick on. (glancing at Lallur) Gor like Blood’og tough, no risk. So pick on Feral no like.

Tor’Lallur know no start war. Tor’Lallur back down. If no, tyrant Gogs kill. Tor’Lallur compromise, tyrant Gogs (gesturing to Lallur and unnamed Gog) placate nough, leave lone. Tor’Lallur see, what unnamed Gog is. See what Lallur Gog is. Do human Gor say. Dar’ab understand…Tor’Lallur understand."

It seems you don’t understand, and that is an issue. It will lead to conflicts in the future.

For Gultor’uf, this has nothing to do with your religion, is has everything to do in how you converted everyone.

Ignore those others for a moment, and just concern yourself with what I am saying.

You didn’t tell the gogs that there was a chance they might die in your pit. There decisions may have been different if you told them they might die if they went through with their ceremony. Now there families and former tribes are upset, because they can no longer see their friend and loved one.

Now, if you did tell them they might die in the pit and, in this case, your actions caused them to get sick in the first place we would not be here. IF you told them everything about the situation and they choose to join you, then we wouldn’t have an issue and would be working on other issues.

you are right that we don’t like your faith, just as we don’t like the faith of the pit mongrels with their gods. But if you come to our tribe, we have just over a dozen as members of our tribe. They try and get gogs to convert to their faith, but they haven’t forced anyone, lied to them , or lied by not telling them something.

all gog know fore Pit may no back. when sick choice. Choose recover own. Choose us. No force. No all Gog have Earthgor protect. No all Gog love earthgor. Unnamed Gog tribe want own Feral, no own Tor’Lallur. Never own Tor’Lallur. Dar’ab no care unnamed gog want, feel. Already consession. No care you.

Shirley was really hating these meetings. For weeks she’s been stuck dealing with diplomacy. She really wanted to kill something. She kept her mouth shut, but mention of Blood’og got her blood boiling. But she kept her mouth closed, hoping not to lose control and start killing Vellum or the Pit gog.

“ENUFF OF THIS BICKRIN’!!!” She turned to her fellow council gog, “we hav no right to say how dey pray wrong. We dun plenty o stuff wrong.”

She turned to Vellum, “Blood’og will get his…” Her muscles convulsed as she said it, shapeshift Leyas coursing across her body.

She turned to the Pit gog, “Force is da problem. Not faith. Death, killin’, tha’ be the problem. Now folk be yellin’ n hollerin’, but i ask, got a way to be of your faith without it?”

Dar’ab turned to loud Brezan gog “Pit must spread, that faith. Pit no spread no faith. Faith revolve round Holy Pit. Savior o Gogs.”

Scribe rubbed his temples. Even though he was a Champion of Asgard, all this talk of war and killing was giving him a migraine.

“I understand that your faith requires for your Pit to grow, what is being asked is if you can spread it with out bringing death and destruction to do so. That is the only real issue that everyone here has.”

Dar’ab looked confused, “already said would. Weak strain Pit in future. Make little sick no kill.”

(Look at post 28, that is where I said it)

Scribe was sadden, any religion that required it’s followers to die was bad or a front.

“While that is kind of you to recommend, it is not enough. The only way to solve this and have no problems in the future is to prevent the death of your faithful. Other wise there will be another incident that bring about war. So the only real choice is do you want war with those around you or do you want to try and change so that there is no reason for war. Personally I could care less, but you might want to think about if your tribe will be able to survive a war with tribes that could attack you from the sky or bless your sacred Pit, causing it to lose its power. Those are just a few of the things that these gathered tribes can do, and as a Quarter Master in the AoE I can easily tell you our standing is not to where we can stand against them and win.”

Dar’ab continued to look confused. “If Gog choose risk why war? If little sick, why war? No dead from sick. Tor’Lallur no want war. Only other want war. What Scribegog want? What demand exactly?”