Yaog's Barracks Feast

–[In this Feast tent are Yayi the Trumpeter, Og, and an Ur Mak of Yagogi’al, Uhryu Bill of Gultur’Uf, Kotine the Krato,
Kul’al of Kul Gul Rapi (another Kul Gul Rapi watching from shadows as well).
Yaog is to join you shortly (will arrive after enough conversation has occurred between the characters already present)]–

Kotine the Krato smiled a razor blade smile and said, "Look at all this wonderful food. We should thank Boggog when we next see him. Three full roasted vinvir in nanye pear stuffing. Flagons of mead, wine and other tender vittles.

Bill you asked to be able to speak about peace and joining the Olgog tribes into a nation. Please take the floor, unless one of the rest of you has something to share on this most important of topics."

The saw an dark brooding Olgog clearly annoyed with wearing the armors of the enemy and being stuck in this position. Next to him sat the former KolGol member Yayi the trumpeter that made suggestions of “Relax, this does not need to resort to battle. Sit back, have something to eat to settle yourself. We will be alright, Yoag is coming here.” None the less, the dark brooder did not eat or drink anything. He suddenly stood as if something inside him forced him up. With all eyes directed toward him, he began to speak:

" I am called Kalok’ Lallur, an Ur’ Mak of the Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab. I follow the Gog with grasses as home. I do not speak for my Gor’ab but i can speak of what i know of. I believe that my Gor’ab believes in the unity of tribes. This does not mean one unified tribe that has one belief of the combination of all tribes. This means multiple tribes that come together working for the betterment of our societies. I have heard tales that their are tribes granting others limitless free Tla and this goes with that mentality. Olgogs working together to support other olgogs.

So my real question is, why are the Krato here if this is an Olgog 'dra (matter)? I do no wish to offend, this is 'dra i know nothing of."
And with this, Kalok’Lallur sat as abruptly as he had first stood.

Bill glances at Kotine quickly and said "I can answer that. After I found out about the kidnapping of my tribe members and the others, I needed a way to get in through the door. I heard about the Armourfiends and Swordfiends, which are often employed by Krato. Not knowing the much about this particular tribe, I surmised that they might be members of the Ur King’s tribe and that calling on the Krato will get me to inside the fortress without bloodshed.

Your Gor’ab is right to not support a single tribe above all, we gogs are to diverse with many different concerns to have one leader. We can not allow us to operate completely independently either, as the the larger forces to the north will hunt us down.

We can not allow tribes to come to hunting each other with these new incursion.
We can not allow some tribes to fight to eat while others have food.
We can not allow any gog to be at the mercy of the weather while others are comfortable.

As individual gogs, we have many ways to deal our problems. An airing of grievances, and if that fails Rappitor to take care of individual problems. And this works, afterwards the gogs are civil to one another. But the tribes don’t have anything like this, if a tribe is feeling ignored or has a feud with another, they will fight each other until they destroy the tribe.

We can no longer allow us to fight among ourselves.

There are tribe that work with the Krato, there are tribes loyal to the quall n’drone, and there are a few other powerful races that some tribes would like us to follow. This we can not allow, however we unite we have to allow tribes that interact with these other people the autonomy to do so, without them interfering with the tribes that don’t.

There are many problems we have to deal with, and we need to lay down the foundation of this in steps.

Ideally, I see a council of tribe members , elders chosen from each tribe making major decisions for all of us. Going to war and making treaties with other nations, for example. I see each area, Unen, Karov, Brez, Tla’loc’aland, and the feral lands each dealing with the small problems and the local tribe disputes. I see a larger group that deals with tribes from different areas dispute made up of gogs from each area.

I see the tribes sharing the resources they need, instead of stealing them from each other. I see us communicating our concerns, and getting them taken care of by gogs that can help, because it is the right thing to do.

I see a land where gogs are united, and our strength is respected by the rest of Refuge.

We are far from this, but we can build it.

The first things that I think need to be done, is a way to deal with tribal disputes and a way to communicate. Does anyone have any ideas?

Kotine agrees, "Uhryu Bill of GulTor’Uf speaks the truth. I was asked to help negotiate a peaceful return of the missing Olgogs.
While i may be a Krato my trade is that of a diplomat. My own people are as fractious as the Olgogs are.

On one side are the Krato Ur Kings, who range the gamut in how they run their own caves, citizens and slaves.

On the other side are the Old Generals who still openly worship the Warmonger as their lord and infernal savior.

Since the end of the Kias wars the Ur Kings were manipulated and brutalized by General Tharr and his Warmonger Cultists.

When Tharr died in the border wars we who serve the Ur King rejoiced thinking a new age would be open for the Krato.

During all those years the Ur King Krato had only one ally who stood with them…the Olgogs. Ur King tribal Olgogs have been my friends and my family.

Now that Olgogs seek freedom from Earther brutality I wish to help. My family were slaves to the Kias, my chidren and my brothers and sisters children were taken and mutated into Armorfiends and Swordfiends by the evil Kias Emperor.

As a result we have saved those Olgogs we could from the earthers and their goblin genocide."

Kalok’ Lallur, said Kotine, “you are an Ur Mak? your position in your tribe is based on your thoughts of food. Food for the tribe, food for your family, food for the children. Most Krato live a similar existance.
We need food but the peoples i come from specifically do not consider Olgogs food.”

“Earthers are a viable food source for our people and they are your enemies.”

Kalok’Lallur did not need to raise to speak anymore, he did not need any additional attention. He took a deep breathe and took in what Kotine, the extra planar being was telling him. He could point out most monsters, but extra planars, he was not quite sure of. The elders of the tribe may not know what to make of this creature.

" Kotine, you are correct in my seat within the tribe. The Ur Mak is meant to gather food and aid the Mak’ ab or food hunters to bring down the largest prey. I can say as an Ur Mak that there is great value in your plan to gather foods, by siding with the Olgogs you hope to gather Earther flesh in whatever battles may take place. It is classic, the enemy of your enemy is your friend and can spare you and your people loss. There is a noble goal in looking to aid my kind, but there is also a selfishness."

Kalok’Lallur took another very deep breathe as he started again, this time in a different direction.
“You join our fight for your own survival, and to regain the loss of your tortured kin. It is not that I have done your children wrong, or your kind in general any wrong, but I feel sorrow for what has happened to your kin from the hands of K’ias. There are common beliefs and frustrations that share with my tribe, as i follow the path of the Gor’ab. I do not speak for my Gor’ab, what he knows and does. I can only speak of the examples he has provided. I am glad that you do not consider my kind food, but how long will that last for? Truthfully how different is olgogs flesh as supplementary food source to the Earthers.”

Kotine said, “We of the Ur King have not considered Olgogs as food for two thosand years. If two thousands years are not prescedent enough of our good intentions then i know not how to prove it.”

Kalok’ Lallur thought on this, seemed to be confused then finally responded.
"Two thousand years, that would be too many cycles for me to figure myself. You mentioned the K’ias and the Warmonger Cult earlier, that is a term I understand as part of the Gor’ab tribe. I have seen your power, I do not know all that much of your kind but know that I am to be wary of your power. This General Tharr, is this reason to be wary of your kind more so than the witness of your power?

And really, as a food source is there much difference between Olgog and Earther?" You speak well, and I would like to believe your words. I understand that with more training your kind can be called upon. Would there be a way to specifically summon you using the leyas?"

Kotine seemed a bit offended but like a good diplomat he swallowed his pride, “There is much offense in your words you do not realize.
So what stops you from eating Earther?”

" you ask me what difference is there between an olgog and an earther?
I have raised Olgogs from cubs to adults. From pups to princedome. I have loved their life and mourned their loss over and over again.
This is difference enough for my heart and the Ur King Jarl i serve."

“As for communicating with us this crystal will do so but we will decide if we come. We have felt the bite of a gor’ab blade and we have little desire to feel it again.”

For this, Kalok’Lallur rose to his full height of little more than 6 feet only to take a knee with hands up and paws facing outward.
"You know mine kind well, so looking at me you can tell that I am still considered a cub within the eyes of the tribe. I am but an Ur Mak, mainly used as a gatherer of the tribe. Once in a while, my pride in strength is allowed to aid in hunting larger prey but I have never been granted a test in words such as this. I did not mean offense by asking such a question, it was merely my curiosity getting the best of me. It was general interest.

In my tribe, I know we have taken trophies from others we have done battle against, but never have we actually feasted upon our own kind. Nor that of the earthers, which we may not commune well with but have a general understanding of them as another intelligent creature in society.

If at the least, please accept my shame for the uncalled disrespect I have served you as a diplomat. I will bring this crystal, and tell my Gor’ab the tales of this feast. Or better yet, I will have Yayi the trumpeter relay this information. I feel he is better suited for a job as such."
Upon finishing speaking, Kalok’ Lallur bowed his head, and awaited of Kotine to say something in return. The young warrior kneel before the this Krato, much humbled by the way he had impetuously spoke.

Kotine said , "Rise young Olgog, your contrition seems genuine.

Assembled guests i feel Yaog is making us wait and that concerns me greatly."

Yayi the Trumpeter, always quite astute finally spoke up.
“Me thinks we should quiet down and listen. What is going on with all the fighting outside?”

Kalok’ Lallur had a look of horror glance along his face, the thought of what was happening to his brothers and tribesmen completely caught him off guard. Then the look shifted to one of anger before actually thinking about what Yayi had said. He became contemplative, and did as was said, Kalok’ Lallur began to listen.

There was a sound of cheering as the Kolgul Militia returned from another raid.

In walked Kulal KulGul Rapi dressed as a Kolgul Militia Raid Captain. On his chest was a ceremonial torque that some would recognize as once being a ritual object of the Totem Uhryu.

Behind him strode Yaog.

Yaog looked around the table at the gathered peacemongers and then sat down heavily in the seat at the head of the table.
He grabbed a flagon of Hobtla booze and chugged it down before offering a seat to Kulal and a flagon of his own.

Then he turned to the assembled and said, “You hear those screams and yells before that is the sound of battle. Those who tried to take our keep were crushed. Then we went to the homes of the weaker tribes and reallocated their resources to our own.
I am Yaog the conquerer. I lead the Kolgul Militia and soon we will have enough numbers to march on the Earthers and drive them into the sea. Are you here to join the freeing of our throats from the bootheel of Humanity? Or are you here to convince us to roll over and be ground down by the racist monsters who wear furless faces?”

please refer to next post- duplicate post

Kalok’ Lallur sat there fuming, ready to pounce toward the head of the table. He could envision what he wanted to do to this ridiculous conquerer, ripping off Yoag’s arms with his bare hands and beating him to death with his own limbs. It was absolutely horrible because he was so short sighted and saw so little of the truth; if only Yoag knew what was going on right now across distant shores in Orundi. Kalok’ Lallur needed to keep calm or something terrible would happen. He was being called a peacemonger in the enemy’s camp and all he wanted to do what fight his way, tooth and claw out of here.

Kalok’ Lallur started out even and steady in voice, " I have heard about you, Yoag. You came to power under some sort of plot, you took control of the Kolgul and turned their ways upside down. Now you call yourself the conquerer, but all your really doing in conquering your own kind and ripping apart the bonds of your own people to make up for the members that you’re losing. You flaunt the stolen relics of your own people like the ceremonial torque of totem Uhryu and the battle blade of the Yagogi at your side."
As he continued, his voice grew louder in frustration, “You want to try freeing youself, trying learning to work with your people instead of being the slave master. I am proud to be part of my Gor’ab tribe, and would give my life to serve with my tribesgogs. You are a sad and pitiful even thinking yourself the conquerer, I had heard of how your own gogs viewed the Kolgul, and you’re the own chasing them away. You target the tired and weak, (those who do not actually reply to the posts) and overall will win over nothing. Do not think that you are raising a mighty army, because all you have accomplished is to be the ruler of the losing side, making us the monsters of Church of One lore. Try learning from your mistakes before it is too late, and all your own kind turn on you. Right now, tribes of olgogs meet together to figure out how to reshape their society. If you change your ways maybe there is a chance for you to win the tribes over and have them work with you instead of against you. We are a strong people. If we come together and act when the time is necessary, our voice will reign true and the message will be heard.”

Yaog left the feast in a huff at Kalok Lallur’s statements, “You will see how you feel after you spend a little time in our guest quarters.”

As Kalok Lallur slept, a mind spike snuck into his cell and pierced his skull. The uthvelor memory thief only implanted a few memories and then sent Kalok Lallur back to his people.

Weeks later an unbidden memory forced Kalok Lallur to return to the feast of Yaog.

He didn’t know why. But once again he was sitting at the feast table.

“I need a replacement to my aide Boggog,” said Yaog, “And I have an army ready to march. My orders have come in and we will go to Jamesville and take the settlement.”

[Kalok Lallur of Yagogial, Kulal of Kul Gul Rapi and Uhryu Bill of GultorUf may post to this thread.]