Yann Kol's conversation with Yann Gor

As he passed from tree to tree Yann Kol wondered to himself what he could learn from this creature as he eyed the large toe grasped in his hand. As he reached what he thought would be a discreet distance from his traveling companions he slowed and contemplated what he was about to do.
It had spoken before those bumbling fools he traveled with. it may have been broken Krato but it obviously had been intelligent. As he entered a large clearing he stopped and placed his burden on the ground he steeled himself for the giants possible reactions. After a few moments he was at peace for he had decided long ago to many had died for no reason. There was too much hate. if this is the last of it’s kind it should at least be able to live out it’s life to a natural end.
He cam back toe the enormous toe and concentrated channeling his own essence into the toe to restore life.

–[week 5-6 convo]–

The Yyan Gor (enemy giant to the ancient olgogs) rose up tall. He was nearly twenty feet in height with hard calloused skin. His eyes were coal black within black like their Krato ancestors. Metal-like bones had reformed in front of Yyan Kol’s eyes. The Yyan Gor’s skin was a dusky orange.
He reached out to steady himself on the top of a nearby tree.

The massive alien being was not human in form and was not Olgog either. His jaw was wide and sloping with tusklike lower canines. His nose flared and frilled.

He leaned down to examine the puny Olgog. The Yyan Gor used the Leyas to translate.

“I am Houk Kliej Zdian of the Centerarari of Zdian. Who be you?”

“Greetings Kliej Zdian of the Centerarari of Zdian. I am Yann Kol leader of the tribe of Yann kol.” he replied with a slight bow.
Looking up at the Hulking creature he yet again wondered to himself if this was wise but what was done was done.

“Do you know how long you were trapped in that room?” he asked as he eyed the tusklike canines.

The yyan gor laughed a bit at the play on words of the Olgog chieftains name saying , "The Olgog females must love you, Kol.
It has been many moons since I was a Houk leading my yyan gor in battle against the Cloud Slavers. In my Arari of Zdian, I and my twenty kin were Houks of the Center responsible for protecting our homes. The Left Arari Houks would handle external threats and the Right Arari Houks would handle peacekeeping and keeping the olgog servants in line.
During a slave uprising I refused to allow the Right Arari to put my Olgog servants to death, their only crime being giving food to a Olgog accused of trechery against the Arari of Zdian.

As I was a Houk they could not slave me so instead they slayed me. And I awoke long after the Yyan Gor were gone and only our malformed descendants among thr Yyan P’hin, Yyan Do, and Yyan Li remain. Zdian was smashed by the Olgogs who were now free roaming.

I was captured by hairless pink creatures with shiny metal carapace who called themselves huMan.
The human leader said he was studying the god of my Arari, for we worshipped the Mag MagGor. So I came with him to his cage so we could speak of the precepts of Mag MagGor. Instead he trapped me and I have slept in that dark place since."

Kliej Zdian stopped for a second as if deeply thinking, “Kol, my kind believe if you save the life of a Houk that Houk must serve you in battle once but I have never heard of an Olgog saving the life of a Yyan Gor.
Who are your foes so I may smash them in battle, gnash their bones and suck out the marrow of their children?”

“Great Kliej Zdian my people still war with the huMans. But I have come to realize there is too much senseless killing.” Yyan Kol looked at his hands in a distracted introspective way.

“I have sworn to not cause harm to another. I only wish that you had the chance to live out your life as you saw fit. You much resemble a race my people owe much to. They are called the Krato and rescued my people for the human purge of the gogs. I offer to aid you in anyway I can in finding a home be it with the krato, my tribe or another place of your choosing.” At this he looked up from his hands and spread them wide. “You are free my friend. Free”

The massive Yyan Gor literally fell on his ass, he seemed dumbfounded ,"But Yyan Kol if you dont harm others how do you protect your holdings, or protect your food from raiders?

My whole life was living for my Arari, i never thought about what i would do if the choice was left up to me.

This life without harming folks would be an anathema to the Worshippers of Mag MagGor. Then again their worship killed off all the Yyan Gor in its way from what huMan Kasanth said.

I wish to learn this way of not harming, so that when i am reunited with my Arari in the afterlife i may say that i even conquered Mag MagGor in my heart," Kliej zdian said, “Will you show me this path?”

Yyan Kol didn’t know how to respond.

Hoping he is not making a dire mistake slowly he look Kliej right in the face and said “It is a difficult path to chose. But if your truly willing to learn I will aid you as best I can.”

And so it was that Yyan Kol began to taught the Yyan Gor Kliej of the way of a wandering sage.

Picking the comparably little Olgog up, he followed Yyan Kols directions and began walking towards the area controlled by the armies of Yyan Kol.

During the conversations of their journey Kliej let slip that to the south west lay the Der’yyan mountains where the Cloud Slavers claimed the spear of Yyan Gor Matsh Zdian who had been Kliejs male biological donor (the Yyan Gor did not individually raise their children).

The Matsh Dol or Spear of Matsh was able to pierce the walls of any fortification according to Kliej.

“The rivalry between Yyan Gor and Der’yyan once made these valleys shake” said Kliej.

It was two weeks later as Yyan Kol and the Yyan Gor trained together that the giant Kliej had a question.

He was hefting his Ufur Stick, a tree shaped down into a thwomping club of epic proportions. He was practicing bring just enough force down to knock out an opponent without splattering them. For a giant like Kliej it was a very hard proposition. The Ufur stick was used by the old Yyan Gor Houks to keep other Giants in line. The thick brace of wood would give an old giant a knockout blow without spilling out their brains. However against small folk it was the equivalent of a falling treetrunk.

–[Yyan Kol may now deploy Kliej into battle with his Ufur stick. Using his Ufur stick he will not kill those he fights in battle. Instead he will do 20 Pain dmg with each hit. No A.R. on Wargiants, characters in power armor and most other armors. Has no effect on Void plate, or Annihilator Forged Armor.
Kliej is a Yyan Gor “Houk” and is an FS 10 creature with 2 attacks each combat round. He has strength 12, and can lift most vehicles without having to make a strength test (not hovertrains or captial class starships, but starfrieghters tanks etc can be lifted and hurled by the Yyan Gor. All attacks he makes is no A.R. to Wargiants.)

He has 50 HP and currently wears no armor. He is skilled in all weapons and most artifacts. He can use giant sized weapons to inflict damage that lowers V.A.R. and S.A.R. by points in dmg. Kliej is only loyal to Yyan Kol and hates Nightmares and Undead.]–

So for two weeks straight the Yyan Gor had learned to hold back. And finally he was successful.

His question for Yyan Kol was, “What great chieftain led you to give up bloodshed in the name of peaceful defense?”

Yyan Kol look whistfully into the sky for a few moments then replied. “They kill us for fun. if we fight back they bring bigger more destructive weapons to bear. Even if we try to avoid conflict the Oners seem to hunt us for sport. So much needless killing on both sides. I’m an old gog now and I’ve seen my share of battles. Won or lost the toll in people on both sides is always too high.”

He looked down at his hands and continued. “I myself lost two sons to the senseless conflict. After knowing the feeling of loss and remorse that comes with that I vowed to do everything in my power to keep anyone else from having to feel it. Sometimes words should be what are fought with or honorable combat not to the death for that solves nothing. Someone dies so you can say you point was “right”. Bah the whole worlds gone crazy and i’m just trying to slow down how fast it spirals out of control.”

“How about you? We all have felt great loss but I cannot imagine the loss you must feel. I’ve lived more than I prolly deserve to have and I’ve never seen another like you. Is there anything that myself or my tribe can do for you??” looking up from his hands to his newest friend.

“I need for nothing except food and water and a place to live,” said the Yyan Gor uncomfortably.

A few more weeks of training pass and Kliej turns to Yyan Kol and says, “I feel the call of the MagMag Gor calling in my head. His voice is so strong. It calls me to a place called Thomasville. I do not know this name . But it tells me the Greater Fiends of the Warmonger will be gathering there. Your training allows me to resist him but i fear of a gathering of the fiends like this. It can only mean the MagMag Gor is close to being freed.”

Kliej looks at Yyan Kol eye to eye and says, "MagMag Gor cannot be beaten with war or battle or weapons. In your teaching is a path to defeat him. I have seen it in the weeks we have trained together Yyan Kol.

We must gather a force that can open the way past the lesser evils that defend them. If the call has become so strong we have but a week at most before the time has come for MagMag Gor’s return. The voice speaks so loudly."

At this Yyan Kol realized why the Devil Bishop has kept the Yyan Gor prisoner. Somehow Kliej could telepathically speak with the spirit of Warmonger. Now Yyan Kol had a perfect tool to stop the evil Warmonger who had enslaved his Krato protectors in the old wars.

It was weeks later as finally the pain in Kliej’s head disappeared that they set out once again.

Yyan Kol and “Houk” Kliej strode through the desert towards the roaming giants. Kliej at his full size carrying as much extra foods as they could scrounge up in the short time. Kliej had made a quick Teleportation back to the keep to pick up as much as possible. As the duo approached the area where the giants were rumored to be, Yyan Kol wove the leyas into his skin, making it harder than steel, just in case. When within sight of the giants, Kliej called out to gain their attention.

They had never seen a true Yyan Gor before. The remaining four giants had heard legends of the Yyan Gor and the physical differences between them were pronounced. But the call, it was a call every tribal wild giant was taught. And they dropped to their knees before the Yyan Gor.

The Balgog and the Kul Gul Rapi bodyguards that followed behind Yyan Kol relaxed.

Kliej said in their guttural language, “I am Houk of all I see, and I claim you in the name of Kol’Zdian and in the name of the Peaceful Yyan Kol. Bow your heads and hear his words!”

(this thread is now open to Yyan Kol + Kolgol + Good members of Kul Gul Rapi ONLY. Week 12)

“Mighty Yyan Li we come not to fight but to speak of other things. first we bring food to sate your hunger. Come sit and eat with us.” Yyan Kol opens his arms in an inviting manner. Nodding to Kliej to place the food down and step back.
Yyan Kol uses earth leyas to create pillars of the appropriate height to be seats for all of them and one in the middle as a table. He takes a seat and motions for Kliej to sit as well.

The Yyan Li gathered around, testing the food for fear of what occurred to their children. Then they began to eat, and calmed as they did so. They were nervous as they ate.

Kleij sits and watched the yyan li eat without the usual libations of the Mag Mag Gor. Then again after all he learned about the Mag Mag Gor, Kliej was happy the wild giants had lost this aspect of their ancestral culture.

As the Yyan Li calmed Yyan Kol took a good look at them to see what condition they were in. Obvisously the were hungry and scared. He looked around and said “I know you are hungry and alone in this area. I offer you a choice Kliej and I could help you return to your homes or you could join us for all are welcome in my tribe. The only thing is my tribe uses violence as little as possible. There are others here who also offer you a place in their tribes. When you are done eating and are rested we shall discuss how you would like to proceed. Kliej and I shall stand guard so you may rest.”