Upon the delivery of the Armor Production Bay to Mag Buskt

General Giffords watched as the AAV lowered it’s heavy cargo. Not for the first time he reconsidered the entire thing. Mag Buskt seemed pretty reasonable for an ancient vampyr with maybe slight delusionsmod grandeur even if he showed markedly questionable choice in champions. Still the payment was being collected and the bay had been delivered. It was to late to back out now that would ruin the thin diplomatic relationship they’d managed to start here. Course this next topic might just do that anyway.

“Mag Buskt, now that this arrangement has been concluded I think we’d better discuss the other matter that bought me here. What exactly are your intentions regarding the provisional colonies?”

Mag Buskt watched the technological marvels with awe. He had seen artificings of all types, but this Earther technology was still a wonder to him.

He didn’t fully understand why his Champion needed it, other than to make Armor for their army.

This question of the provisional Colonies brought him back to the moment.

"General Giffords, I do not know what a Provisional Colony is, let alone have intentions towards them.

If you are talking about the new nation states rising on the mainland like Drewsport, the United Tribes of Refuge and the Der’al Collective, my Bruskti loyalists have told me much of their rise. These are Olgog nations, with Olgog citizens as equals to Earthers.

As long as this equality continues I see no harm in letting the mainland rule itself.

I have spent too long imprisoned to squander the life I enjoy now on conquest.

Mark my words, if the Yyan Empire conquers the mainland, I will move with all my force against the Yyan. No nation that protects them will be safe, and no Colony, provisional or otherwise will stop me from hunting the followers of the Mag Mag Gor.

If you and your Colonies protect the Yyan Empire, then we will be enemies.

If you and your Colonies, allow me and mine to continue our fight against the Mag Mag Gor…then this diplomatic state will continue as far as I am concerned.

When the Dead Units moved into Karov, I grew fearful that I would have to conquer the mainland to defeat them. But it was the great wisdom of the Ascendant beings that led the Olgogs to band together to drive out the Dead.

What causes these concerns among your people, General?"

“Well you have no need to worry about the colonies working the with the Yyan Empire. We are definitely not friends of The Warmonger or its followers. And certainly have no problem with you fighting against them.” General Giffords replied before pausing a moment to consider his next words.

“As for what a provisional colony is it is a political definition. When a group wants to be considered a colony and so benefit from trade and EEF protection they apply for provisional colony status. If the request is accepted an agreed upon time is allowed to pass during which the provisional colony has to show that it can be a contributing member of the Colonies. If after that period they are accepted and become full colony. They must agree to non aggression and mural defense pacts with the other colonies and aid in supporting the EEF for mural defense. And they get voting rights in the Colonial government. In exchange they get free trade and travel to all willing colonies and the protection of the EEF and of course run their own lands as they see fit. Really the only rules are that they not attack other colonies and contribute to the EEF.”

“The former Dunesphere settlements of Hebron and Abaslom have been granted this status and recently the UTR and Der’al Collective have been offered the same status. We’re waiting to hear back from them. I’m concerned because when your champion made contact with us he made certain statements that implied you, or perhaps only had designs on trying to gain control of the now provisional colonies. Plainly put he asked the Field Marshal to delay the process while he consolidated control of the area. The Field Marshal, who really doesn’t have the ability to interfere anyway refused. Don’t misunderstand if any group wishes to join with you it’s none of our concern but we simply can’t turn a blind eye to attempts to conquer people who have placed themselves under our protection.”

"Why does my Champion plot against our neighbors?

I don’t think we have any wars declared currently.
I like to think I would know about that," said Mag Buskt slowly.

“To be frank I was just about to ask you the same question.” General Giffords replied shaking his head.
“Honestly we had assumed it was at your orders. Perhaps your champion has his own plans in mind.”

The Mag Buskts expression turned dark indeed.

“General Gifford’s if these orders to delay the Provisional Colonies and conquer them didn’t come from me, who did they come from?
I will be very angered if it is an Earther pulling his strings and your government knew about it and did not tell me.
It would be hard not to look at that as a betrayal.
I know my Champion was once in one of your units for deniable assets. Could one of his former command officers be sending him these orders?
I like to think he would not come up with such a plan and put it into action on his own without telling me.”

General Giffords considered for a moment before replying.

“When he contacted us initially he did mention Old Vlad. He used to be the leader of our special intelligence units. However he was removed from the position for a number of reason. Not the least of which was plotting rebellion against the Colony General. We have no confirmation of this but it is possible this is all some scheme of his. It’s well known that he has strong feelings that Earthers should rule all of Refuge. It’s very possible he’d like to see the tribes and the colonies not getting along. If that’s the case you must tread very carefully. While he is very intelligent and cunning he has no compunction about using others especial non earthers. He’ll happily use your champion and then leave him, and by extension you, to take all the blame.”

Mag Buskt seemed saddened by this, "I had hoped to awake in a world better than the one of the Genocide.
Days like today make me doubt that.

I will keep my own council on the matter of this Old VLAD."

Mag Buskt left Giffords for a while obstensibly to discuss some matters with his champion.
They met again later and the ancient shadowmancer looked grave indeed.

“General Giffords, I have learned my champion is allying with an Unenese Gang working with an Olgog named Godart. They are moving a large shipment of resources but I do not know from where. Use your satellites as I wish to know what nation my champion secretly schemes against.”

“We should be able to arrange that if we task one to track his movements from your island. I can even have a live feed arranged for you, that means you could watch as it happened. That way it can’t be said that we altered the information. But I want to be clear that if it turns out they’re planning something against the colonies we will deal with it.”

Mag Buskt lived in an age before livefeeds and videos, so the idea of a live feed was very interesting to him.

“I will set aside one room in my keep to be a viewing room, so that your devices may be set up so I may watch him. By the Thunder Gods, I hope my Champion proves his faith, his valor, and his honor, so we can all put this nasty business behind us.”

“The EEF would like nothing more than to do just that.” General Giffords said with a nod. “I’ll have some techs set up the equipment for you. Believe it or not I’d be happy to see your champion turn a new leaf and prove himself. But his past with us makes me doubtful.”