Tribe of Auf Lal'al - Farming activies

(OOC I’m combinding a few different areas where i posted farming expansions.)
http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?121-Herd-of-Auf-Lal-al-The-Artificing-caves&p=8815&viewfull=1#post8815

Lalder, Elder Auf of the Tribe of Auf Lal’al had been working on farming techniques since before the Goblin genocide. Back in those days he was just a farmer, not an Auf. From there, he found his calling as an Auf. One to protect.

Since those days he has managed to first feed his tribe, feed other tribes, taught Earthers to farm, made flying farms, and now is feeding countless numbers of gogs. But there was more work todo.

With all of the new gogs, there were so many more feed. Lalder was actively recruiting those newer gogs, especially those who wish to help others. He and his tribesmen would teach these gogs the leyas needed to do his farming. And He would expand the creation of the flying caves. Connecting groups with Artificed trees. Not all would be connect to each other as if one group were to fall to an enemy, the others would not.

There was a side effect that he also needed more Lur Union Fighters and barges to transport the food from the farms to the cities to get dispersed.

Lalder also hoped that the flying farms would also limit the ability for enemies to poison the food supplies.

(OOC it might be important to see how i’m doing outside of my farm and city. Especially with the population boast.)
http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1473-Gobin-Lands-2-Finale-Part-1-The-Olgog-Civil-War-of-2219&p=8639&viewfull=1#post8639

(OOC have some mission rewards around the farms:)
http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1445-Goblin-Lands-2-Rescue-Event-23-The-Flamewinds-Come&p=8178&viewfull=1#post8178

(OOC I’ll add more links later to this. But here were some of my thoughs

While Lalder does want to feed everyone, he does need gogs to work in return for the food to support the system. He needs the farmers, guards, teachers, the trashgogs. Lalder is trying to build up a salary type barter system, where services are paid for. But he will also take care of the cubs, elderly, and sick who can’t work.

If enough gogs work to support the food producing system (production, protection, and delivery), then he should be able to produce the food, artifacts, and shelters needed to protect, feed, and shelter that are in care or responsibility.

This is not communism. Lalder will not force people into jobs they don’t want. If a job isn’t being filled, he will incentivise it. Proud and happy works better than forced and beaten.

Lalder has already started with his tribe doing this. He has also been trying to expand the food production with the increased UtR population.

Lalder’s excellent farming had raised the UtR standard of living to higher than that even found in most of the Earther Colonies. All UtR citizens were eating well and malnutrition was now a thing of the past.

News had traveled as far as the Northern Kingdoms of a new nation rising in the southlands where food was plentiful and all those who sought work were employed fairly.

The expansion of homes in UtR lands increased the view that the Olgogs of the south had civilized themselves despite their traditional dress and rituals.

The Merchant House of Borvis had even sent representatives down to the Auf Lal’al so they might learn their techniques to offset the famine that was raging through the Northern Kingdoms.

Lalder says "No one should starve on refuge. It is something that has happened for too long. We can arrange teaching of Leyas farming. Here is my thought.

We can teach a starting bunch of yours at an existing farm. I will also send an Elder with some farmers to examine the land and see what modifications are needed. For example, the temperature is different. We should start these both right away as you can’t shorten that time. We have farmer kits that will help shorten the Leyas learning part. But while anyone starve, time is so costly.

In exchange, I need help in learning how to make trade with Earthers. As our world opens, Earthers will eventually try to take advantage of myself and mine. Teach some of mine in trade. Advise us for a time. Help us identify what would be tradable where. We do not know much of the colonies outside of the Oners who attacked us for so long. And how to deal with… currency. We Olgogs barter and are not used to this. I fear this will either need to be buffered, or controlled.

This should save both our people and maybe build a long term relation between our countries."

(OOC Lalder would also put in some farming kits to help boost the start of it. One Auf and 10 standard tribals, 5 Ur Tor would go north to start checking out how to start. (Underground most likely due to temps too low. Would add fire leyas heaters maybe to control temps. Lurtor would also be asked about what he knows about the Northing Kindoms to prepare the team.)