Training of fishergogs

Olgog the Olgog

10 recruits, not particularly strong or skilled. They are the first gogs he gets to train.

They get to learn what its like to train like OtO.

The adjustment phase is not going to be pleasant.

0500 wakeup -> personal time (shower, s**t , shave)
0530 Endurance training -> running 1/2 time clockwise around island 1/2 counter clockwise training
0700 Breakfast
0730 basic hand to hand combat theory
0830 hand to hand combat practical training
1100 Indian runs around the island ( sprinting training) 1/2 time clockwise around island 1/2 counter clockwise
1200 lunch
1230 break/personal time
1300 weight lifting with makeshift weights assembled by OtO.
1430 arocbic conditioning
1600 skill training theory (varies from stealth, survival, basic group tactics, ie Profession soldier type training)
1700 skill training practice
1830 dinner
1900 break/personal time
2000 fight training/wilderness combat training (use part of the island for this)
2200 review of class (ripping out of those who did very stupid things, (ie drop guard completely)
2230 personal time
2300 lights out.

After about 3 weeks, the training would include fighting in 6 inch stilts with 6 inch makeshift gloves on each hands (size based on additional size power armour adds)

The 4th week adds one on one training inside the prototype power armour ( no weapons)

OOC: let me know if you want more information on training/ when I should add more
OOC Edit: OTO would always be participating in each activity (at least as much as he can)

OOC: OtO would be gathering personality, loyalties and other information as much as he could on these gogs.

The first week of training is complete.
The 10 fishergogs seem to be learning quickly.
Physical activities seem well within the range of what these gogs can do.

Though OtO still wondered how they would do with actual tech.

Olgog the Olgog

Noting the progress of the gogs, OtO makes the decision that certain exercises needed to be made harder.

Endurance running is now done with 100lbs of weight and OtO increases the pace by 20%.

Indian runs are done with 50lbs of weight, and pace is increased 25%

aerobic conditioning is now done 2 time faster.

skill training practice is now split, 30 mins of direct skill practice, and an hour of combined skill training. combined skill training is things like mapping out locations while being stealthy (note these are done as if they are immutables, so light on under the tarp while looking for location on map).

fight training/combat training is now setup as a capture the flag like game. Two teams are chosen, and given two different goals (capture an opposing team member, take a location, kidnap/extract a person, ect) and are given different weather conditions, courtesy of the bruski tribal members utilizing shadow and water (rain, snow, fog) to accomplish the tasks in. Teams are not necessarily of equal size, if some of the normal tribals wish to partake, they would be allowed in as irregulars for the trainees to manage.

OtO’s goal is to find the breaking point physically of each gog and keep him just before it. He is also looking for those in a good leadership and supporting roles in each of these gogs.

If progress has been maintained or improved, the 7th/last day of the week the trainees would be rewarded with being called in directly after dinner, go over the bad things people did, be told they are doing well and that they have the rest of the night off. (released at 1900)

Olgog the Olgog

UrLur and the 4 ur maks left on the island pulled a stupid. They neglected their training and then mocked the gogs OtO was currently training.

There is an easy solution for that, they get to join the training, except the are pushed farther than the fishergogs.

Over the next few days, it became apparent that the fishergogs were in better shape physically and that the Ur maks where better at combat and situation awareness. There combat skills far outstripped the fishergogs and it would have been a route, except for the fact the fishergogs could take a beating.

Olgog the Olgog

He was gone for the second week, and much of the third. This put some of the training behind. UrLur managed to get them to continue the second week training for the third week. The Ur Maks were starting to adapt well to the training, almost as well as the fishergogs initially did. Perhaps it has to do with the fact they came from Brez.

Coming back, he had just the parts that alter phyiscal attributes. The helmets that alter vision , the gloves that alter reach and the boots that alter height and stride. Each had small power source so it would react if it was hooked to the main suit of power armour.

Each gog was outfitted with it and told to go wander for a two hours, as being cut of from the leyas by the zela coated plates could be disconcerting .

Coming back there was a fishergog, a cocky sob, that started joking on how easy training was, and that if that was all the great OtO could do then why should anyone think he is so strong. Stupid rookie mistake.

The rest of the day was as normal to let the gogs acclimate to the new ranges and usages of the power armour.

The next day was hell day.

OtO burst into the barracks (thats what he referred to the communal room the trainees were sharing) at 0230, bellowing at the gogs to shape up, gear up and ship out (meet up at the beach where they start daily training).

On the beach, the normal weighted sacs were replace with bolders attached to a harness, one for each gog (each bolder about 750 lbs).

OtO showed up calmly as the gogs lined up 5 row x 3 columns.

very quietly he started speaking, body impassive and calm " yesterday you though this training was my level of training, today you will learn it isn’t. You get a 10 minuet head start running and when I catch up to you, which I will, you will be required to attempt to defend yourself from one of my punches. Each lap I pass you, it will be another punch you have to defend yourself with. You will be carrying this boulder on your back as I do. I will also be carrying another boulder to make understand how easy you have it."

increasing his voice across the sentence to a yell, “you have 10 minuets, yoUR TIME STARTS NOW!!!

the fishergogs and 2 of the ur maks ran, and started panicing as they scrambled to strap on the boulder and start sprinting.

UrLur walks up, followed by two Ur Maks and with deliberate slowness put on the makeshift equipment.

As he starts to run, he looks at OtO “Ser, Don’t you think this is a bit harsh?”

OtO stares back at him as clouds cover the moon, darkening OtOs face. “No, I think this is extremely harsh. I also think this is needed”

“Very good,ser. I will take my leave now” Urlur says as he starts running.

Urlur’s team was one of the first set of gogs out, even thought they took the time to setup and speak to OtO.

Quickly they were overtaken by gogs sprinting in fear of getting hit by OtO. OTO watched as the panic was taken by 12 of the gogs, and they went at a full out sprint to gain distance. He watched as each gog ran into the distance, and after about 15 minuets started running after them.

Running like this continued until lunch time, near 1100 . every gog was battered and bruised due to the times OtO ran passed them.

Lunch was short and cold, a piece of dried meat and a small piece of bread.

1120 - 1600
After lunch, OtO started fight training hand to hand combat. The first stage was him on 5 gogs. This enabled some to get a rest while others trained. With 5 opponets even OtO was hit once or twice, but for the most part he schooled the gogs.

1600 - 2100

This is skill training, basically 3 player capture the flag but full hits with OtO in as a wildcard. Again many failures, as OtO was working on actively forcing the gogs to work outside the confort zone and push them more towards his limits. Different tactics, setting others up, and a full application of the skills he is teaching to undermined the gogs tactics.

2100 - 2120

cold dinner, same a lunch

2120 - 0000

Again with run training, except this time includes up and down the wilderness training areas that OtO was utilizing.

Last thing OtO said for the day was “This was an easy day for me. I can do much better. You need to realize that just because you can adapt to this training doesn’t mean that this is what I would normally do. There is always someone stronger, someone better. You stop training, you are as good as dead. Your enemies will find a weakness and exploit it. The bruises and pain you feel today and tonight is a reminder of that lesson. It is a hard lesson to learn, make sure you learn it well”

Next day goes back to standard training ( training with the equipment).