Through the Shadow to Krodnok's Lab

(OCC Tla’ab and Lolon have light leyas 2 and have studied lvl 3 for 1 week with one week to go. Feel like I’m saying, just one more week and i can.)

Tla’ab says "Lolon and I are working on that level of Light Leyas, but it is just out of our grasp. We should be able to do it soon, but I fear maybe not soon enough.

What we can do now is Lolon creates an illusion of a wall. Then have your shadow wall behind that. Then I can put illusion of a light wall. This will only impair vision and not have any negative effect on the dead. But this should allow us to get the jump on them. As they might just expect another wall, or not know what to think. I do recommend being behind cover, because my response would be to fire a few times through the walls.
"

Krodnok let a few minutes of silence pass as he finished working the armors of Tla’ab’s group. He then considered for a moment, then began working on Uth’lal’s armor.

“A second illusion? I don’t know if that would be as effective as you hope. I mean, it might work, but my concern is it won’t buy as much time as we’d like it to. What we could do is just pick off whatever comes through the shadow wall even before it gets a chance to react. We’ll be protected against their cannons, but they’re still fairly vulnerable to mine. They’re open to attack by my Hell-Guns, too. And those would be faster to manuver, as well.”

He paused again, to move on to the next set of armor. “Also, if you’re men are able to, the first four of the dead to drop, drag their bodies to me. I’ve become something of a Nightmare-efficionado. I should be able to instill the corpses fairly quickly, and increase our numbers a little. It’ll mean I won’t be shooting anything, but I’ll only be out for a few seconds or so at a time.”

Uth’lal smiled as Krodnok spoke.

“My thoughts exactly friend. Hit them before they get their bearings and it doesn’t matter what kind of weapons or training they have, they will die just like any other. Also, I can post some experienced fighters to keep those that do get through off you while you work. Unfortunately we only have enough spears for one good volley, but it will take a fair amount of enemies down at once.”

Tla’ab says "I will have 2 of my tribesmen grab the bodies of the fallen. Lolon and I will use light leyas on the dead as they pass through the wall of shadows too. We will be carefull not to hit the shadow wall. Though the level of leyas we are using shouldn’t disrupt a shadow leyas that strong.

We will leave any pit mongrels that survive to the others.
"

“This sounds like a fairly sound plan so far,” Krodnok stated. He finished with a set of armor, and moved on to the last man who had volunteered for the armor working.

“Now then, on an entirely unrelated note,” he said, loudly enough so that all could hear. “If I’m helping you all out of a mess you got yourselves into, I require payment. As such, all I ask is that, when we’re done here, I claim all corpses lost to the battle, so long as they are the mongrels, or the dead of Unit 111. After all this is finished, I’m asking that you all take your leave.”

He points to Bo’gan. “All except you. We still have the seperate matter of your leader that we still need to discuss payment for.”

Uriel had been busy securing his notes on the factory and taking a quick look around the room until he realized that anything interesting was certainly around the corner. He was curious about what might be back there but decided it could it wait. He had been half listening to the conversation to this point and mentally reviewed it before saying.
“If I may make a suggestion: instead of an illusionary light wall behind the shadow wall,why not place an energy bridge? They will not be able to pass it to reach us nor will they be able to fire their weapons past it while anyone on this side could easily fire at them. I am able to open bridges to the plane of awareness and the plan of fire.” He glanced aside at Candy "“My colleague is able to open several types of energy bridges as well.”

Tla’ab says “Energy bridge? That is above my knowledge level on how that well that would work.” Then Tla’ab reconsiders the non gogs in front of him.

Uriel reached into a bag an held out a thin book to Tal’ab. “This is a basic treatise on energy bridges if you are interested in learning more. Simply put an energy bridge is a hole ripped between dimensions. The open side of the gate will allow people or things to go from this dimension to one of the elemental planes also known as the distant shores. In this case I see two possible uses. We could either open one on the floor behind or under the shadow wall anyone walking through would simply fall and be stuck in the other plane. Otherwise we could place one across the hallway. They would not be able to cross the gate as doing so would stick them in the other dimension and with them trapped on that side we could attack from this side changing the size of the gate and attacking pasted it we would still have the gate as cover.”

Tla’ab takes the book, and sticks it in his bag saying “Thanks, I’ll read this later. I wouldn’t mind if enemy went into another realm. If we put it across the hallway, behind the shadow wall, would that allow us to escape this place. I think I’m done with this place for a long time. Especially if we get what we were after.”

Then Tla’ab ponders if Uriel relized that most Olgogs don’t read. His tribe is different as most have access to leyas that allows this. But he will read this, as that sounds amazing.

Candy listened to the planning silently. She would wait for the actual attack to happen, no sense in joining in the discussion. She would observe.

“We could not leave so long as the gate was open but it need not be a permanent gate. We could simply close it when we no longer needed it. We could escape using an energy bridge but I would recommend against it except in dire need. Traveling the distant shores, even for short trips can be very hazardous.”

"If you can open an Energy Bridge to the land of the Krato i could call them forth, "said Bo’gan to Uriel.

Krodnok glanced over at Bo’gan. “I’d actually like to avoid using the Krato. I don’t want to depend on any more people than I have to. No offense.”

Speaking to no one in particular, he continued. “I’d also like the bodies of those we kill.” He scratched his chin. “Can’t ever have too many spare parts…”

Tla’ab looked between the two and says "Myself and my tribe have no issue with you taking the enemy dead.

As for the energy bridge, If we can’t leave it up and run, and if we can’t escape on it, I’m not sure what that buys us. I worry our plan is becoming too complicated without benefit."

“I cannot open an energy bridge to the lands of the Krato in any case. Thought I believe that Candy is able to.” Uriel answered to Bo’gan glancing at Candy. He turned then to Tla’ab. “Perhaps I was unclear. We can leave an energy bridge open however opening one here would cut us off from what seems to be the only exit from this chamber. If there is another exit I am unaware of we could easily open a bridge here and leave by that door. Regardless opening a bridge here would offer us cover from enemy fire. Something we will be lacking here should violence ensue.”

Krodnok began to tap his foot impatiently, and he crossed his arms. “We won’t need cover if we just cut them down before they get their bearings. They come through the shadow, we kill them. Then, as they keep coming, if we get behind…, Wait. We won’t. Because not only will they have to adjust to the surroundings, they’ll likely have to regain their footing, after tripping over those who have fallen before them…”

He uncrossed his arms in a sweeping gesture, indicating the room they were in, and more that the others didn’t know about. “I only just aquired this location. I have no intention to give it up already. You want to run, fine. I’ll be here, desroying YOUR enemies, cleaning up YOUR mess…”

Uth’lal smiled and nodded at Krodnok.

“A gog after my own heart I see. I agree, we hit them hard and fast after they enter the portal and they wont know what hit them. It doesn’t matter how good their weapons are if they don’t get a chance to use them. Besides, It might get boring just watching them get sucked into a rift.”

“At last, some sense is made,” Krodnok exclaimed. “It’s about time, too. All this discussing walls and energy bridges…”

He folded his arms again, and looked up in thought. “Granted, I started the wall-talk, but if I had known that it was gonna spawn the whole tangent about energy bridges, I wouldn’t have done it.”

Krodnok shook his head. “But now i’m distracted. And we’ve already wasted enough time. Our enemies should be here any moment…”

Uriel shrugged. “Very well I was simply trying to help. Just as I now feel I should point out that they need not follow us as they could easily fire through the shadow into this room. Which is what they will likely do once you spring your trap. Granted we can do the same. But they have an unknown number of active dead and Warmachines on that side. I would suggest we take some precautions against that. Or at least check the room for other doors.”

Tla’ab says “Now that I understand the bridge is for cover, any defensive tactics are good. So cover is good.”