The Tripple D Job.

While on the beach…

“Hey, Olgog? Are things set between us? Because I got good news, bad news and crazy news.”

Olgog the Olgog

Did someone raise another greater deamon? Did Warmonger return already?

Mag Buskt hasn’t approved the alliance at this point, but he is willing to revisit it in 3 weeks.

I am given latitude in those who I help and don’t help, I may be able to contribute even though the alliance isn’t approved.

“Right. Latitude. Uhm, I not going to ask about that whole greater deamon thing or Warmonger thing you just mention because I other stuff to juggle.”

Godart stares at the ripples of ocean hitting the beach.

“Good news: I got some metals and what not to share with you. Plus I have the means to transport it.”

“Bad news: It’s sitting on the docks of Dead Domes of Deldoroon. Which has nightmares underneath it. AND the Brotherhoods of Vesk patrol Valley of Vegalia. They don’t allow non-earther outsiders walking around.”

“Crazy news: We need to move 10,000 tons.”

Olgog the Olgog

I’ll go put a rush on the treaty, if I can. I have several gold bars that we can offer as payment for gogs willing to help, because most likely we will need help. I would suggest that we offer it so that each gog or tribe gets two bars on successful transport of all material. If we get half, they get half of what we offer, a bar.

If I have to, Ill go and impress a gog that I know can help keep the nightmares away.

I’ll be right back.

“Well good. I’m going to go back home because my ride is here.”

Godart hands Olgog the Olgog a note.

“You can find me here at the Port of Unen. Free feel to stop by after I put the word out.”

Waves good bye and leaves.

UrLur

Training was hard, especially since OtO has been pushing them. He almost was afraid to ask if this is standard training for OtO, he was bigger and badder than him. But orders were orders and he was ordered to get a reinforced bag and give it to this GoDart fellow. This was after he emptied his bag, and the other Ur maks bags inside of it in front of GoDart.

Just before GoDart took off, he arrived with the others following him.

Putting the bag on his gryocopter (IIRC) he opened his bag.

“Is the boss man rich!?” UrLur asks when he sees bars of gold inside his bag.

Quickly emptying it and having the other follows through, the bag strained under the weight.

“OtO will meet you as soon as he can”

Later…

An message by word of mouth, radio and letters spreads across the Olgog lands:

“Hello Olgogs! This Godart of the Lucky Fate Squad and I’m looking for help. A couple of years ago my gang came into a windfall of wealth. After much debate and many rounds of paper, rock and leyas – we decided to use this luck to design and build our own spaceship. Mostly from scratch and without direct help from people who already know how to build one. It would be easier to buy one, right? Where is the fun in that? Where is the wisdom in that?

Olgogs are many different types of people. We are a generous people and also builders of great things. Times here in the lands are changing. This change is allowing us to honor our roots while experimenting and discovering new things. These days will leave a lasting mark for generations to come. I would like to leave a good mark for all of us.

Therefore, I would like to research and build spaceships and share what I learn with you.

All of you.

One step at a time.

The next step is close at hand. Meaning, I got a lot stuff to move – more than I need or want - and I need your help. It’s going to be dangerous but the payoff will be worth it. Come on down to the Port of Unen and we can talk terms. If this seems far fetch or you have any concerns, please visit anyway. If this step is solid and this mission is a 100% success, I’ll be willing to share this material and top of any payment negotiated.

This Godart and meet me in the Port of Unen. Godart Out!”

Olgog the Olgog

I have permission to help, but I was asked to ensure that no one hurts anyone from Deleroon[sp?] . How do you want to go about this?

“I have no hate and no wish to hurt these eathers. I mostly respect 'em. Mostly. Even if they don’t want nothing to do with non-earthers.”

“The jest of the plan is to act and look normal. As in the operation is legal, because mostly it is.”

“Well, if things go to plan, the Brotherhood are not going to even know. Honestly, it won’t be the first time the my operators have moved though VoV. We been studying how the patrols operate. We know of and have all thepaperwork to be nice and legal like. I have a delivery company which has some reliable earthers operators that are on the payroll. DDD been getting monthly shipments of food and… other stuff… from the delivery company. Last year we had a test run with a larger number of transports to DDD that had no problems in VoV. This year and in this month we having the real run. I have top of the line smuggling compartments for backup… us. I successfully tested anti bio scanning tech to hide… us. Hell, I got lots impressive earther masks and gloves that might do in a pinch… for us.”

“The reason why I sent out that message for help is because moving 10,000 tons of high grade, hard to get material is not going to go unnoticed by other groups here in the Olgog lands. It’s better to be upfront about my intentions in these lands because they are honorable.”

Godart stares into the distance.

“Things could go wrong. We have some distractions and counter measures to make a run out of the VoV. Still, I’m going to need backup and ways to extract the crew.”

He relaxes and his leans his hand against the wall.

“There are monsters that roam all over the place. Nightmares too. Speaking about nightmares, DDD lower levels are crawling with them along with other mutants. There is a Nightmare Lord they are sitting pretty over. The Five Families are looking the other way and that’s all the help we are getting from them. Or they could double cross us. Unlikely, because they would be in worse shit.”

“When we are out of VoV, we still need to watch our backs. You don’t stay lucky and fateful by being sloppy.”

Olgog the Olgog

Running like you belong there is probably the best way to go. Act like you belong there and no one will question it.

We should have paperwork for this to work, make sure we have that. If you have that and have been running tests to get trucks in and out of the place we should be good to have this as the normal pick up.

The monsters and nightmares shouldn’t be an issue. Just up the lights on the trucks and that should help with the nightmares if you are really concerned. Outside I can have a few guys jump on the truck to help keep it safe.

I really don’t see the need for a distraction, We should be good to go without it. I also wouldn’t want to have the distraction found and the city go on alert because of it.

“I’ll take your suggestions to heart.”

The young Og Or’gog was but an apprentice, having trained as a gor’ab and now under the crazed tutelage of the Champion of Mag Buskt, and only sometimes did he have understanding of his place in things. In his past adventures, Og Or’gog had displayed a lack of tact for getting involved, such as using the Olgogolem armor when aboard ships and at times of rest. Now here he had some realization of the severity of the situation as he saw his champion and Godart deep in discussion, and his task of getting all parties involved. This task would speak for his standing as the apprentice of OtO and his growth in the tribe of his origin. Now on that note, he would have Urgog Mag’on do a pass by of where OtO and Godart were talking, and as she gets there attention (as she does oh so well) have her cross in front of him so to alert OtO to his position. With his champion taking notice, the young Og Or’gog would lead the infamous Zh Hob’rhug, best known as the secret keeper.
“Hey, it has been a while Boss. When last we spoke I brought your word to the former Gul’ Tor’Uf lands to alert them of your intent of bringing those lands into Mag Buskt control, which was not agreed upon concerning the lack of completion of the necessary trials. I had brought the aid of some of my tribe in those efforts. Now, I bring some of my tribe before you concerning the task at hand. Olgog the Olgog, allow me to present to you, Zh Hob’rhug, the one known as the secret keeper among our tribe.”

Zh Hob’rhug had followed behind the young one, he had darkened deep set eyes that spoke of a much troubled past. He offered a gracious bow and sat down next to the plotting pair. He looked very much at ease alongside the thugs, occasionally taking a puff from a cigar or sucking things from between his teeth and cracking his knuckes. “Mr. Olgog, Mr. Godart, the cub speaks certain truths. My status in the tribe was once a curse, but now I own the title and wear it as a badge of honor. I have been known as the secret keeper in the Yagogi, and I am the one that hears tings. If there was a rumbling going on around the area, if there was loot to be had, or a plot afoot, I was the one in the know. It was no coincidence that I was at the Falling Star Home Forge, so that being said I know what has been happening. I know that you’ve got big dreams, the idea of space travel is almost an impossibility, concerning who is in control and certain treaties being made. I know that you’ve got a stable working relationship going, but that all depends on what OtO’s master believes. I know that you’ve got a mighty ton of materials that needs moving, which the Yagogi would be suitable for stealthily moving without attack, and avoiding nightmare intrusions. And I know you’ve got much more of that pretty pretty zela which we would gladly take a payment. So really fellas, how might we be of service to each other?”

A blonde earther man approached the group, dressed in polished plate mail armor, holding a full helm under one arm, and a sheaf of papers under. A hand and a a half sword swung askew in a scabbard at his side as he marched stiffly into the midst of the gathering. He bowed regally to those present, dropping his papers as he flourished his hand. He cursed and picked them up quickly, his face betraying no sign of embarrassment.

“Greetings, I am Lord Blake Jorn Ar’Lash of Chooru, and I am here on account of a rumor I heard. You see, I am a gentleman archeologist at the museum of Brez, and I heard that a certain someone was planning on making a spaceship…from scratch no less! This of course is an important development in the history of the olgog race that must be documented and recorded so that all who come after will know of this endeavor.”

He coughed airily and shifted the papers into his hand in case anybody wanted to verify this information.

“Of course, if there is any way I can be of service to you, let me know. I have a vested interest in seeing this project succeed, and being of such a respectable establishment, I have certain…resources you may find useful.”

((I will assume that this thread can be used for planning as there is no official one for the mission, but if I’m wrong and this completely private, just pretend he’s on some deserted island talking to himself.))

To Yagogi’al the Og’ab

Godart shakes Zh Hob’rhug and Yagogi hands.

To Black Lorne

Godart shakes Lord Blake Jorn Ar’Lash of Chooru’s hand.

The 'Gog looks actually happy.

“This is great! Oh, no need for the Mr. part - just call me Godart. Wow. A secret keeper and an archeologist. Good to meet you guys. I got the zela if you guys got the skills. I’m looking help of the subtle kind… of course. No murdering. Please, they don’t deserve it. If things go south… err bad, I would like a couple of ways to get the gang out alive. I lack the use of layas because: Immutable. What can you all bring to help?”

A middle aged Earther walks up to the gathering and after listening for a short while clears his throat to get attention (which wasn’t really needed as he sticks out like a sore thumb) He is wearing military combat armor (unmarked) with a rifle slung on his back and a pistol secured in a holster at his side. "Greetings, my name is Jamie, I am a former Red Bishop who left the armies of Dunesphere when their corruption was exposed to the world, and have been walking these lands to learn about the culture of the people that I was brought up to hate. I heard that you were building a spaceship and was intrigued. As I am an Immutable I have been trained in the maintenance and construction of high technology. I figured that you could use a man of my skills and well, a man has got to eat after all, so I could use the pay.

I hear that you don’t wish to kill anyone during this mission, while I am not fully equipped for a no kill mission I do have some flash-bang grenades which can be used to incapacitate some opponents. I could also try to shoot for non vital areas if pushed into a corner. "

To Lord Grimaldus

“Red Bishop, eh? This job as I see it is a great way to to practice your speachcraft. Your whole being just screams trail boss to me. Face wise that is.”

Godart shakes Jamie’s hand.

“Well Jamie, don’t care too much about who anyone was. I care more about who someone is now.”

Olgog the Olgog

OtO mentally noted those who showed up. The “new” church of one, The grave robber, someone from Og Or’gog tribe

We really shouldn’t think of this as a mission. It is just a pickup from a transaction that GoDart made. The only difficulty being that the location doesn’t like non earthers. If it wasn’t for the nightmares and peculiarities of the valley, this would be a simple resource run.

GoDart has trucks for moving the supplies and has the paperwork and has observed normal trucking patterns. GoDart wants a backup plan, a distraction for getting away, but I don’t think its necessary. This society is technologically based so I offered to make a device that would show up large on radar if we could get the parts.

The General plan is to have earthers drive the trucks into the location for pickup, sending one into the valley along normal shipping routes and times with some variance. Any non earther would be in the back in a room that I have been assured is scan proof. We get to the pickup location, load the supplies, and then get the truck out. Outside of the valley we can have more people watch the trucks to ensure attacks don’t happen, we just need to be sure we are outside of the scanners they have.

Any questions or concerns?

Olgog the Olgog

to Og Or’gog

You are not going in the city. I don’t know many of these gogs and I can’t ensure you will be coming out if something goes wrong.

You can either stay on the outskirts and help watch the trucks when they are on the outside of the valley or you can go to the Isle of Mag Buskt and join in some physical training there. Your choice.

Jamie smiles “I can handle driving a truck, have driven many vehicles over the years, also I can talk to people as well. So no worries there. Good jobs involving technology is hard to come by these days in the south. This seems like a golden opportunity, plus I am a bit tired of walking everywhere, that is a young man’s game. Driving will make a good change of pace.”

The young Og Or’gog sat quietly, not quiet sure who he should be siding with. He remembered some of his training, took in a few deep breathes and relaxed his vision enough to SEE the flow of leyas around them. He was wary, yet excited by the contact of the archaeologist and the former Oner, but regardless took in everything going on around and stayed quiet, just like a wallflower.

Zh Hob’rhug flicked his tongue across the top of his predominant teeth and stated, “As I see it, doesn’t really make a difference if the cub partakes or not, I suppose it is your call being that he is your charge. Ya guys kept stressing the need for distraction and extraction. I was just going to say, why not have the truck act as the distraction. Make it so that yous guys are there for pick up and the goods are already out of there. If ya got the paperwork there and it’s all on the up and up, deese guys would most likely be scrambling around looking for the materials that match the paperwork or looking for more that they can get you out without causing a raucous. Heck, yous might be able to get double the material for whatever the original trade. We can smuggle it out of there and avoid their overhead cover, just let me know how big a crew i’m going to need to pull in. I do indeed love it when a good plan is coming together,” and with that Zh Hob’rhug took another great big puff on the cigar and let the others consider.