The Quick Defense against the Behemoth Nightmare (Week 10)

–{this thread is for characters wishing to plan against the Nightmare that has attacked Unen in the name of Mag Buskt}–

As the Beezios pulled into the dock one of the youth left behind came running down the scree pile that served as stairs to the lookout point. “Mama Mama, a huge kugor just came out of the water. Its attacking the docks!”

The bruskti were tired, their bodies covered with scars from reviving so many. she looked to them. "We must go help them, this is da work of Mag Bruskt. This is a bruskti problem. They nodded reluctantly.

She turned to Sa’Tor, “Seek out da other tribes that helped stop mag bruskt. We need their help. find out what their plan be.”

he nodded and left quickly.
Her plan was to use as much force as she could spare the vampyrs could feed on the smaller nightmares. The large one would take a combined force to stop. Her first thought was to summon the tentacle beast they used in the past but that nightmare would see no reason to attack the other. Instead the two beasts would likely join forces.

A short time later the Outcasts vehicles rumbled up to the docks and they deployed quickly setting up a security perimeter at the end of the dock. Urik hurried down the dock toward Mama Rapi’gog. He pulled a stub of a cigar from his jaws as he approached and gave a respectful nod.
“Your runner found us. This is going to be a mess. I think I have an idea that will help. But we are going to help. We need healing and light leyas users for it to work. Got any handy?” He asked hopefully.

Onigor of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab came bearing news.
“We of the Yagogi wish to help, by whatever means necessary. We have little control of light leyas, but some understanding of healing. The Olgog people face the threats of two great forces on different fronts at the same time. As i have been told, Mag Buckt said that his forces were meant to stop the Warmonger. If this is true, is there a way to use the power the Kuggoryyan of Mag Buskt to the battle against Warmonger and Unit 111? We need to protect this port by all means, is there a way to shadow walk, or pass tree or even teleport the Monster of Mag Buskt directly to Camp Sand Dragon, or the road to Jamesville? Can any of the tribes or the EEF forces help to do this, to take this enemy and use them to our peoples advantage and for what their apparent purpose is?”

“It a scary ting but da family know light leyas. What is yo plan?” Mama Rapigog asked anxiously regarding the monster coming out of the depths.

“Dat be a smart thing make our enemies fight each other, it a great distance though. How we accomplish this?” She noted nodding to Onigor

Lurtor says "I know the Elders of Herd of Auf Lal’ al can teleport, but I’m not sure that will work. There are problems of getting to it, and then the problem if Mag Bruskt is actually there. I doubt he, behing a Shadow Leyas master, would allow that to happen. Maybe getting Mag Bruskt to take his beast there might be a better way, if we can convince him he is aiding the warmonger. We will try that.

For the beast, I recommend we just fire everything we have at it for a minute or 2. Especially Light Leyas. It will take alot of damage, but like everything, if you throw enough at it, it will go down. We have a good number of tribesmen in the area from the different tribes. The biggest problem with that thing is trying to keep it from killing the city in one attack. But I have no solutions for that.

We also have to make sure Mag Bruskt does not recover those Ur Tor. Lalder plans on sending more gogs to reenforce the group transporting the prisoners.

Now we do have some light leyas users too. But not many due to trying to protect Jamesville at the same time.

Onigor noted the problems that were coming up, he definitely did not have all the smarts and guidance that Maggul had at his disposal. In this situation, he would have to make due and try to figure things out.

“The voice of Mag Buskt could be heard, so with any luck he can hear anything that is being directed to the beast. i have seen some our my tribes summoners cast through and use their summoned creatures as eyes and ears on the situation. Mama Rapigog, as the head of your family you most certainly know more about Mag Buskt than I do. Is it possible to be using the beast similar to that of a summoned kuliek?
We need one of two things. Mag Buskt has stated that his purpose is to stop the Warmonger. If this is true, we either need to be able to communicate with the beast and get it working on our side against the Warmonger’s Dead at the other battleground, or we need to get it away from the port of Unen. Any attack here and now will have consequences to the port. I’m not great with these type of things, but I was the messenger sent by my tribe. I am pretty sure it has to be along the lines of those two courses of action.”

Lurtor says "He’s after this Ur Tors that we have taken prisoner. They are prisoners mainly just to stop the fighting since Mag Bruskt did attack Tla’loc’al first. The worry is that they will attack again. But we could use them as bait. As they leave town, maybe he will. I’m sure Kolgol is trying to get them out of Unen as fast as possible now. We have some gogs with him, and some searching for him now.

I do think at least trying to yell out the question to him. Though anyone who does so, will have to move quickly each time they talk. The beast can kill most pretty easily if this speaking person stays in one place close enough to yell something.

We also have to take out all of the nightmares that hitched a ride. We need to kill them no matter what.

(OCC I have some FKM members with that group, and I’m planning on seconding a second set to help them out. With a Light Leyas user to protect them. Of course, I can’t direct that group at all, they are in Kolgols control of where they are.)

“Onigor, da beast is kuggor not a kuliek. It a ting sailors fear at night. A whole ship of fear it can create a powerful kuggor. Da family has used one dat big in da past.” She thought about his words. If it were true and Mag Bruskt could be reasoned with to attack warmongers dead like he said he wanted to it could be something huge, Mag Bruskt leading the bruskti in the UTR would be a godsend, it would stop the cataclysm she knew would come with peace. “If da Mag Bruskt can hear us and we can explain da threat of warmonger in Thomasville. It da best plan.” She refused to give herself a glimmer of hope the greatest vampyr could actually have parallel goals.

Urik addressed the group again. “The big one is actually the least of our worries it’s the little ones it’s dropping that are really going to cause trouble. Once they hit the city and start tearing into people it will spawn even more nightmares and we’ll have a flood of them on our hands. What I’d like to do if we can find the leyas is an old EEF trick. You set up nightmare wards (healing lvl 4) to pen them up and channel them to where we want them and away from the civilians. Then we hit them with light and healing.” He looked up at the beast towering over the city. "As for that thing he said pointing his grenade launcher. "I say we use another team to draw it away from the docks and the city and lure it into an ambush just hit it with everything we can. Even of we don’t kill it that should convince it to look for an easier meal. "

Lurtor says "I do like your plan. We could get Ogor here to set wards. And Lalder is flying in on some fighters as we speak with reinforcements. He could set wards if you know where. They are both Aufs, I keep forgetting to say that part. "

Lutor pulls out his phoenix strike pistol to show it and then puts it away.

He continues "We have a few more of these pistols. The will kill most nightmares in one shot. They are phoenix strike pistols. I recommend any who can artifice LIght and Fire leyas make more. Between the nightmares and unit 111, weapons like this will be very useful.

Back to your plan. We could get Ogor here to set wards. And we have a nice Light artifact that will make short work of the Nightmares.

Lalder will want to confront Mag Buskt with the Question of his helping the Warmonger’s dead. Maybe he can even point to the direction, or cause the beast to head in the direction of our trap. Like have it look like or actually have the Prisoner Ur Rhugs head south to the ambush spot.

At the ambush spot, I’ll have setup 4 gogs with Phoenix strike pistols, 5 gogs shooting fireballs at it. Then combine that with other forces shooting at it. Should take it down in no time.

I’ll pick my location depending on how things are going.

Now that chill attack that a nightmare of that size can produce will be a problem. So make sure to protect as much as possible against chill attacks."

(OCC Note that Lurtor is dressed in Marzac Body Armor with a Paladin sword on his back and a pistol on his side. Additionally he’s wearing a cloak. (Just to keep it mysterious :slight_smile: Hes has a slight look of the Tla’loc’al gogs, but taller and more built.).

Urik nodded to Lutor.
“I’d say we fall back a bit to the first streets and set the wards around the bay. We can trap them between the wards and the water. It’ll be harder for them to escape and easier for us to hold them.”
“Me and my boys can play bait and draw the big one off. Can your fighters help us with that? And we are gonna need a place to spring the ambush. Any suggestions?”

Lurtor says "For the Ambush, this thing is huge, We give Lalder a chance to say something, and when/if that fails, we as a group unleash directed fire from opposite sides. North and South of it. No one in the center. Hopefully this will keep it from trying to level the city. But if we drop enough firepower on it, hopefully it won’t matter.

Also, keep an eye on Lalder, if he unleashes any attack, we all open fire.

Meanwhile we have the separate groups dealing with the any nightmares not trapped by the nightmare wards.

On the nightmare wards, I only have one apprentice Auf who can work on that. We will need more if you want to cover that much of the town.

Lastly, we have to remember the Ur Tor Prisoners. Any who can reinforce Kolgol would help.

Mama Rapigog listened to the plan. Hit it with everything seemed like their plan for everything. “I have two shadow wards artificed to stones, da wards weak but they might keep away da lesser nightmares but it mean we can’t use most of our abilities. I think we try to reason with Mag Bruskt first. If we want to fight warmonger then he may be willing to go to Thomasville.”

“Da Bruskti can take care of da intelligent nightmares and da fear of the da town. Da big one gonna be hard to fight no matter what. Don’t just hit it with light, you tink it week to dat just cuz other nightmares be weak to it. Hit it with all type of da leyas.”

“After taking care of da little ones da bruskti help with da big one. We hit it with da chill monster bolts, da flesh worms start eating it hopefully. and consuming it. Big Kuggor like dat give us lots life. We use conversion to heal any one injured by da nightmares.”

Lurtor says "We were planning on Light and Fire attacks to strike the big guy. I don’t like the Shadow ward as it limits our guys as well. But if we can’t fill the space, I guess it will have to do. We’ll still try to plant a few nightmare wards to create the funnel as well.

"

“I don’t think we want shadow wards. They won’t keep the nightmares back and will only keep you all from using all your. powers and I want use light because it works on nightmares it always works on nightmares. They are all made of shadow. It’s like water to fire.” Urik looked back at LurTor.
“If you think your boss can talk this guy down fine he can try while we try to draw the nightmare to the ambush. If it works he can signal us and we won’t attack.”

“Agreed, it was an option I want to bring up.” Mama Rapigog noted. “What you do about the Ur rhug taken from Mag Bruskt. They never stop being loyal to him. They be prisoners of war till the day they die.” Mama Rapigog noted omitting the fact the rituals that held the Bruskti together were nigh unbreakable.

“Well, I just get back from Drewsport for a resupply and sail into danger. What is this?!?! Who dropped the hammer on the town? I have been out of the loop for a while.” Dol looked around. “what a mess, I am here to help for now, until I am needed back at Drewsport.”

Urik shrugged to Mama Rapigog. “If they fight kill 'em. They surrender or join us fine. If they are so loyal to Mag Buskt they will join up if he does.” Turning to Dol Urik continued.

“An ancient vampyre is using a giant nightmare to attack the city so we’ll release prisoners taken after an attack on his island. How many of your crew can use light or healing?”