The prevention of war.

Bill is trying to make peace, and inviting everyone who wishes to speak to come.

Vellum attends representing the True Flame.

“Peace is a noble goal. But how will we prevent vigilantism that could spark another war?”

How about not deciding for others what will happen to them?

And before you say anything, we recognize the evil in the act of purifying Torlallur’s pit, we just recognize the evil of sickening others.

It has been a tendency we have seen, that as tribes gather in agreement to forget the land is shared among many tribes, that rules are hastily made and then abused for the benefit of one.

For example, it has been reported to me by one of my apprentices that a member of Torlallur stated that the other tribes where feral, so it was okay for him to plague and infect them. Before we started this, it was recognized that this was wrong, and that there would be repercussions, in form of an attack.

Gul’ab’Hab walked in and listened to Bill and snorted in contempt "So you see us using non lethal, non permanent diseases and you think the appropriate response is war, death and permanent maiming? And you wonder why the only ones to help you were undead monsters.

We were merticulous in making sure not one gog died, so I really doubt anyone died. And declaring war? Infecting others with diseases is not an attack? Telling the tribe of Karov, we must be sickened by your tribe is perfectly just? That for your religious benefaction, you can do this to everyone else?

Maggul entered just in time to hear GulTor’Uf speak, that he responded in outrage" So you really doubt anyone died? REALLY, you start a war showing your own hypocrisies stunning the ferals into submission in OUR lands and having the dead do your dirty work, but you doubt anyone really died? Talk to the Gangs of Uf’Magog and Urik’s Outcasts and then think again. I am glad your tribe lost your ancestral lands but then again that is your prize for working with the dead apparently. War is always the appropriate answer for you, being that you cannot figure out to work together and find a solution for everyone."

“The permanent maiming of the women and children of Tor’Lallur is alright then? The mental scars that will never heal? A child who is now blind, deaf, and cannot walk, is that fine with you? She cannot be healed, thanks to the power of your artifact. Is that truly better then death? What kind of life will that child live now?”

Tor’ab had listened to the start of this. All of their work to force the warmonger’s dead out of Karov, and a tribe invites them back. Tor’ab entered with his temper barely in control. He says to Bill "Did you not do enough damage by betraying my tribe that caused the Crystal to be created? By the way, that crystal has been stolen and we have been unable to find it. Could break at anytime or never.

Bill, get off your high stance and let others do as they wish in their tribes. Trying to Imposing your will and values on others has created enough harm and left you without any allies."

Then to everyone, Tor’ab says "Now, this can’t be a meeting of peace. That choice was removed already. This has to be a meeting of War. The question is, who do we agree to fight with and fight against.

Also I think arguing who is right or wrong will not help. Both wrong. Both attacked each other and those in the others care. Are the attacks equal? Don’t care and Doesn’t matter now. The warmonger’s dead killing all in Karov. Magi Cannon shooting at everyone. Thats what matters. Thats what needs to be resolved."

(Taking out references to Unit 7756 being a warmonger follower. But leaving that the dead are attacking all.)

(OOC this was a terrible post, sorry guys, I had to change it.)

Ka’zac raised an eyebrow at Tor’ab’s statement about the purpose of the meeting. He was secretly pleased that the tribe of Auf Lal’al was on the same page as Kolgol’s plans. After all, the power that Ka’Rhug had gained was almost entirely derived from war, and what better way to continue these enterprises than find a new enemy to fight? He lent his voice in support,

“I agree, the dead must be forced from the Yagogi’s lands. This incursion is unacceptable and is a direct threat to all tribes, Karovian or otherwise. They have not made it this far north since we destroyed camp Hharmoon, and we cannot allow them to regain a foothold here, least of all in our ally’s lands. We should move to counterattack them, perhaps Gul’tor’uf could lend some sort of assistance as a gesture of good faith?”

“Actually.” Castiel said as he joined the gathering, “I wouldn’t be so quick to claim to understand my intentions. I have come to talk about the specifics of my unit’s voluntary withdrawal from all Yagogi territory.”

“Honestly if anything I averted a long simmering conflict.” Castiel noted, “Which narrative is being repeated through Karov, that Yagogi called on the UTR to crush Gul Tor Uf in what normally be an affair settled between two tribes? Or that a Karovian tribe fell victim to a dastardly and cowardly ambush by warmonger’s dead?”

“If its the first one then it will breed resentment toward the UTR for using numbers strong arm non-UTR tribes. If its the second…” Castiel shrugged, “then its any day the sun rises.”

Vellum said, "Tell us a story Captain Castiel.

The story that explains why you would withdraw peacefully when you already hold the Yagogi Lands?"

OOC: This will happen after Castiel speaks, I just might not have as much time to continue this thread because reasons

Our leader is currently contemplating how to get our Uhryus and apprentices back. If I am unable to get them back, he will most likely use force to retrieve them.

(OOC I ammended my post above. Gave too much player info.)

http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1392-The-prevention-of-war&p=7239&viewfull=1#post7239

“Actually, I believe the version most agree on is that Unit 7756 took advantage of Bill’s pride and arrogance to cause more violence.” Urik said glaring at the Dead Captain. "You stopped a shimmering conflict? You escalated a fight that was over before it started. " His glare switched to the GulTor’uf representative. “Has your leader, in his ineffable wisdom, considered asking politely for their return and offering reparations for the needless harm and death he caused? Or that just maybe he can accept that some Torlallur are vampyrs so their feeding has never been the religious matter he likes to pretend it is to justify himself and instead accept the surprisingly reasonable accommodation they came to with the Der’al Collective.”

Castel looked to Vellum, “We would withdraw because it is the right thing to do, and because holding the ground does little to further our goals.”

Castel shrugged at Urik’s accusation, “If that’s what the Karovians believe happened then Gul Tor Uf will have a much harder road in front of them. And while certainly the combined might of the UTR could easily crush Gul Tor Uf some of the other Karovians would start asking, “Will I be next?””.

“The offer stands, full withdrawal of my forces so long as they are not harassed or attacked.”

Vektor, of the Gang of Uf Mag’og took a puff of urya and said to Castiel, “I would be more inclined to believe your story if you hadn’t destroyed three airships of mine that are ships of peace, carry no weapons of war and were actively ensuring that the conflict occurring between both sides was fruitless.”

Let me ask this, just as my apprentice did. This time, instead of gogs calling people a lier, and saying we don’t understand, lets have an answer. If The tribe of Torlallur has been around for generations, where are the other necessary plagues that they supposively need to feed?

I know the answer, it’s that there were none. If there were gog tribes would have avoided the area or the Uhryus would have found the plague and driven the tribe out, or both.

Why now then, must we be forced to suffer? Why must we be told that they are going to make us sick? What happen to live and let live?

Ka’zac spoke up,

“Perhaps their tribe has grown larger and more hungry. It is just the same in our tribe, as we grow in numbers, so too do our needs. It may be that they were simply trying to feed their tribe, albeit in a poor manner, that this whole situation has occurred. If there was a darker and more subtle goal to their actions, I have seen no implicit evidence of it.”

Gul’ab’Hab rolled his eyes at Bill, "You once again prove yourself a fool. Dar’ab answered your question when your minion asked it weeks ago. While the Pit was around for generations it was not being spread before. It was only due to the formation of the Olgog alliances was it decided that the Pit must be spread. The conquest of the Church lands and the Olgog tribes uniting and increasing their power caused the tribe of Tor’Lallur to begin spreading the Pit. Of course your ignorance is universal to pretty much all of you “civilized gogs” You hid in your oasis in Karov, enjoying your plenty while the feral tribes suffered and fought amongst themselves barely surviving. I was once the same fool as you, I grew up in Brez, fought for my gang and lived off strength. I can now see how good I had it compared to the ones you refer to as Ferals. Tor’Lallur saw your corruption and warmongering. You didn’t fight to survive, you fought for power. Tor’Lallur knew that one day tribes like yours would seek to put the unaligned tribes under their thumb. You have already taken control over many “ferals” in Karov.

Tor’Lallur fights to protect itself and those willing to join them from the oppression of you. So if you want someone to blame, look at your reflection in the Tla. Your reflection won’t speak however, thus proving that it is vastly more intelligent then you are."

“Well there you go Bill. You have your answer, just like your apprentice did. Course if I was cynical I might point out that it seems odd to deny they have vampyrs but then attack with an artifact custom made hurt or kill vampyrs.” Urik said with thinly veiled contempt.
“So really the only question left is:If you want peace what are you actually going to do to get it?”