The prevention of war.

“Where is the act of live and let live as you so eloquently put it, when your only conclusion has been war. Do you really think that through war will come peace, and at what cost? Your lands, our lands, the annihilation of entire tribes and the rise of the Warmonger? Do we really need it to get that bad to be joining together?” Maggul asked these questions knowing there was no real answer. In a sense all of those gathered were acting by the definition of crazy, doing the same thing that has kept failing and expecting different results. They were arguments that wound in circles, for they all had a different option of the situation. How things escalated to this point, and how all the fighting got started.

By Torlallurs representative own words, they decided they must spread the pit. This isn’t for food or religion, it is just to force people to join his tribe. Anyone that doesn’t want to be sickened by his diseases will be infected, because they want them too. That is not live and let live, it is an attack.

You rewarded his tribe, and are telling all of Deral that if any tribe doesn’t want to be infected, they need to leave. That if they take action, you will all gather and commit to killing them all.

We recognize what evils we did, can you recognize the evil you all perpetrate?

Tor’ab says "Bill, Will you get stop being so Righteous and keep trying to assign blame? hmmm, where did this all start. Oh yeah, the Ferals and your goal of making the UtR look bad. Saying you could take care of them all and then found out you couldn’t. You said you didn’t need to fight to stop the feral raids to the Earthers, and then you turn around and attack those Ferals Raiding you. Even more forcefully than my tribes response which you lectured us for at great length before you again stabbed us in the back and went to the lost colonies. Great job by the way, Right now no ferals live on the surface of karov.

Also I’m confused why you use you all as well. There are 2 tribes that this war started between. 2 at the cause. Only one of those 2 tried to make peace, offer concessions. Bill, that wasn’t your tribe. In fact your tribe declared war on another Olgog Tribe who you were trying to start an alliance with instead of talking or taking the offered concessions. Ones which other tribes did take. One was my tribe.

Now my tribe no longer has to worry about any plagues. Yes Aufs can heal disease, but they can’t be everywhere and they are limited in number. Also no one is forced to join their pit. That has been stopped by those concessions I mentioned.

Bill, Past is now past. Move forward.

Right now you and your one ally are shooting at a member tribe of the UtR. And that needs to stop. We need Karov free from the dead and those Magi Cannons. The UtR was not actively against you as a whole. Most Tribes did what they wanted. In fact the GNA was healing both sides. That will change if we don’t work something out today. We are bound to come to the defence of Yagogi. "

"Yes e said that and it was to protect themselves from tribes like yours who they feared would attack them. You can’t pick and choose words to use against them. We all heard what he said. Thanks for proving them right by the way. Clearly they we’re correct to fear you getting more power. Look what you did with it. But you know what it doesn’t even matter. Nothing is served by going over this again.

This is the bottom line. Everyone else in this room has already agreed to accommodations that answer your concerns and allow everyone to live. Torallurs get to feed and in exchange remove naturally occurring diseases from the population. That’s a fact. It has already happened. If you really want peace you will accept reality as it is and let this pointless fight you started end."

Gul’ab’Hab voice raised in anger, not quite shouting but expressively pissed “This is why people call you a liar, you lie. We never said that the spreading of the Pit wasn’t religious you dolt! The Pit has been worshiped by Tor’Lallur for countless years. Well, they could be counted if Tor’Lallur actually kept a calendar or someway of keeping track of time. They wandered the boarders between Karov and the southern lands like most ferals in constant search for food and tla. They would make frequent stops to the Pit to pray and to make offerings like their waste products and the corpses of animals. They would also leave their dead with the Pit as well. When the wars against the Church of One expanded the blessed Shaman Tor’lur received a vision from the Pit. The Pit showed him a vision of Olgog like you abusing their power to control others. He saw Tor’Lallur being stripped of everything worth living for. In response he declared that we must spread the Pit to keep us and others safe. The Holy Pit protects us all, it is a matter of faith and practicality. However you seem to be too dense to figure this out.”

Bill looks at Gul’abHab; If this wasn’t about religion, then why Dar’ab state “Faith Spread Pit”? and stated if you don’t spread the pit, you die?
If this wasn’t about religion, then why did you target the Uhryus?

If you are so concerned for the other tribes, then why was my apprentice told that the ones you call ferals weren’t real tribes?

These accommodations you agreed to are the perpetuation of attacks on other tribes. I don’t care if your tribes agree to be infected, that is up to them. The tribes that don’t agree and don’t speak shouldn’t be infected. But what you decided is everyone gets infected. That is an attack.

Concessions shouldn’t be the continuation of an attack, and the permission to keep perpetuating the attack just in a lessor form. What the apprentice suggested was a though out items that were reasonable. Stoping the attacks was one of them, informing others that they may die are another.

What was learned is that unreasonable demands are needed, so that you can give ground and seem reasonable.

Either way, I tried to stop this, but again my words have failed.

“But that is why you failed.” said a hooded figure. He lowered his hood to revel… Glog, his fur changed from when others last saw him but the brands on his chest marked him as no sane gog would accept. “You let your fear of others in power, of them abusing that power, rule what you and your tribe have done. Your fear became anger, which you directed to those who were making changes. You eventually let your fear become the hatred you hold for Lalder and Tor’Lallur. And that hate has brought pain and suffering to Karov. You became that which you feared and have brought even more fear into Der’al. What will you do to change that my friend?” The last part was said in a whisper, sadness being the only emotion that Glog shows.

Gul’abHab looked like he was ready to kill Bill “Are you brain damaged! I never said it wasn’t about religion, in fact I said the opposite completely! I said it was about religion and faith! I also said that it also served a practical purpose.” Gul’abHab took a few breaths and punched the ground calming down. “I cannot speak to why both you and your apprentices are morons who don’t listen when others speak to you. However considering the utter idiocy that is spewing from your mouth I am not surprised that your apprentice is also a moron.”

The spreading of the pit wasn’t religious, yet it is about religion and faith? These are things you just said. What practical purpose does this spreading do, that is so important it trumps the right of others to live in peace?

And I ask again, If you are so concerned for the other tribes then why was my apprentice told that the ones you call ferals weren’t real tribes?

Maggul bit into his snout watching all the back and forth fighting with the he said this, he didn’t say this; but when it broke down to name calling it got bad enough that he actually bit hard enough to draw blood. And with that, there was a roar of “ENOUGHHHH ALREADY! You speak of peace and yet you continue to squabble, edging closer to more fighting. Actions speak louder than words, and yet there is currently a diseased creature plaguing over part of Karov. Here’s a common enemy, lets turn our attention to taking this thing on instead of continuing on the path of war. Any suggestions on how we might be able to handle this? Let’s take care of our lands and then we can figure out where we each stand.” As Maggul finished, he was heated about the face, and then took a few deep breaths to regain composure.

Urik rubbed his temple a moment it had started to throb when Glog revealed himself. Great he’s back, wonder what trouble he’s dragged behind him this time Urik thought to himself.then he made a realization.

“I get it now. This isn’t about making peace at all it never was. This is a child who did wrong but won’t admit his wrong because he can’t stand to be blamed. Like father like son I guess.” Urik said with a chuckle at Bill. “Maggul is right this is never going to go any where because the Wise Uhryu Bill can’t admit he made a mistake so he’s just going to keep repeating the same argument over and over again. But I will try one more time.” Urik spoke slowly to Bill, as if to a child.

“Bill the Tor’lallor tribe has already agreed to not force conversions to pit worship and they’ve agreed to only use non lethal illnesses to feed. They can feed nobody dies. So to sum up you are fighting a war to avoid getting a cold and are the biggest hypocrite to ever walk the planet because all your talk of live and let live is obviously a sham when faced with any way of life you don’t like. And now I’m done talking to you. Maybe you should stand in the corner so the adults can have a real conversation.” With that he turned to the group.

“What do we know about this Dragon other than that its gross and terrifying?” His eyes fell on Captain Castiel. “Oh right almost forgot about you. I have good reason to want a piece of you. But this entire situation has become pointless. So I say you get a three day cease fire to move your people out. After that anyone you leave is fair game. We all agreed to that?”

Tor’ab says "I agree, number one priority is to stop the attacks going on here now. Since Bill’s Tribe is no longer in that part of Karov, there is no more need for Captain Castiel’s Forces to kill anything that moves on the surface.

In exchange for the removal of the Captains forces from Karov, None of us here will follow Bill’s tribe or continue attacks against them unless Bill attacks them again. This will eliminate the excuse the Captain gave for his forces to hold Yagogi land or other parts of Karov with the use of those snipers.

What do you say Captain? For peace, we only need your commitment."

And what of the Uhryus that were kidnapped? Are you going keep them?

Maggul shifted his eyes in Bill’s direction, “The Uhryu’s await their trial, just as your cub did.”

Gul’ab’Hab opened his mouth to speak then closed it, then opened it again, he was so shocked by the sheer idiocy of what he was hearing it was hard to even speak. “Now you are just making up random things. I am done with you. You refuse to listen and just make up anything that comes to your mind. I am done with you.”

Castiel nodded to Tor’ab and Urik. “3 days will be more than long enough.” Assuming the representative from Yagogi agrees to the cease fire regarding my forces, I will be leaving to give the orders to retreat."

Castiel found it humorous Tor’ab wanted to tie his forces withdrawal to a peace deal with Gul Tor Uf. Castiel had never mentioned any conditions for withdrawal except that his forces would not be harassed.

Trial, yes just like the last one, where most of you all condemned him to death. Where a few of you were given responsibility towards him, which you abandoned.

As you no longer wish to speak to me, so I will leave.

Bill teleports away

The True Flame representatives does a double take,"I asked about how we stop vigilantism if there is to be peace and GulTor’Uf runs off to do more vigilantism.
I would almost suggest an irony.

This meeting was to discuss Peace and it is important."

"And didn’t the GulTor’Uf representative do exactly what he accuses us all of doing when the Tor Lallur tribunal was underway? Advocating a violent end no matter what compromises were offered.

I have a GulTor’Uf inspired compromise.

If the Uhryu do not willingly stand trial I will have my Army of the True Flame execute them, resurrect them then grant them final death.

But if they stand trial I suggest we remove the death penalty from the table. Let us agree that If the trial goes forward the Uhryus would have to do community service among the Tor Lallur so they can gain compassion and see them as fellow Olgogs and not monsters?"

Ka’zac shrugged.

“It seems he is obstinate in his methods, there isn’t anything we can do about that. I recommend that the Uhryus are tried as soon as possible. Hopefully final death will not be necessary, but I think your community service idea merits trial. Perhaps if they see life as the Tor’lallur do they will be more willing to cooperate with them in the future.”

He turned to the dead captain.

“You, we are glad to hear you are withdrawing your forces, but know that Ka’Rhug will not soon forget this unprovoked attack on our camp, and you will not catch us off guard again.”

He bowed to those present, and swept out of the room.