The Mountain Keep of the Great Houks who serve Warmonger (TSGL3 week 6+)

Onigor and Gor’Lallur had waited for hours in a dimly lit cell deep within a Warmonger Cult keep. They could hear the sound of Ontor calls they both recognized as from breeds of Ontor only found in the mountains east of the Goblin Lands.
They both watched as Neliff juveniles would spring forth from under their skin, re-impregnate them and then float up and out from the subterrainean cell.

Then suddenly a Neliff levitated down holding Auf Lalyan. Surprising to see, the Neliff while fully controlling Lalyan had not impregnated the Auf.
Lalyan was placed next to Gor’Lallur and Onigor. The Neliff released the Auf and for the first time since the moment at the Tents Lalyan could think again (has no knowledge of what occurred while Neliff had Lalyan). It was like everything went dark for the Auf during control and now that darkness lifted again.
Lalyan could see Onigor and Gor’Lallur in captivity both with wounds from Neliff birthing all over their bodies.

But their faith in Ragha had not waivered and both Onigor and Gor’Lallur were fully in control of their bodies and minds.

The Neliff adult said, “Welcome to the Keep of the Great Houks. I am Neliff the Diplomat, devouted follower of Neliff the Radical. We extend greetings to the hostforms known as Olgogs. You are resilient, healthy and strong…good breeding material.
The Neliff wish to protect the Olgog peoples from the Quall N’drone and the Earthers.”

Auf Lalyan had learned her lesson. She was not sure what went wrong, but it all started when she didn’t destroy the gog who had the egg. She was not happy about this situation, but for now she seemed non infested… which she used her healing leyas to check…

After a moment Auf Lalyan says "Greatings Neliff the Diplomat. I see the compliment in what you say and for that, I thank you. And I appreciate that you have choosen not to infest my body. I do wonder why? And what happens after our conversation as that is what I expect the reason.

I am more direct than many, so I’ll respond to your last statement to start as I do not see how you protect the Olgogs as I’ve only seen the results of the slaughter your kind has done in reproducing in Olgogs. Kindof like those here. Except they seem not to loose their will or explode from your young coming out. They did claim immunity to mind control before.

With that, the Quall N’drone does a very similar thing, but they give Olgogs a choice and a extended and healthy life until the Quall N’drone is born. We call them the red furs or pit mongrels.
With that said, that is a generality and a benefit not extended to other races. And for myself, not a choice I would make.

Are you proposing a change in your breeding methods that is less destructive to Olgogs?"

“Neliff and Neliff and Neliff are confused why these two Olgogs unlike Quall N’drone, and Falosini and Nightmare Lords and all other beings are able to ignore the thoughts of the Neliff,” said Neliff the Diplomat, “Neliff has tried and tried to turn them to our mind but it has not worked and it confuses Neliff. Why is this?”

Neliff the Diplomat paused for a moment as a few Neliff juveniles hatched off of Onigor’s forehead. They seemed to communicate telepathically for a few moments and these juveniles ended the cycle of infestation not reinfecting the Olgog.

One of the juvenile Neliff asked aloud, “Neliff is confused, why does Olgog Lalyon confuse Red Fur Pit Mongrels for Horned Dog?”

“Because Olgogs do not have a hivemind to consult for information young Neliff,” replied Neliff the diplomat, “Some Red Furs are Pit Mongrels, just mutated into blind attack monsters by the Quall. Others can act as Horned Dogs, bearers of the Quall Larvae. Once long long long ago, Neliff and Quall lived in harmony, but evil Falosini destroyed the great peace and wiped out all Neliff.”

“And why does the Olgog think we explode the body of the host?” asked another juvenile Neliff floating aimelessly through the air.

“Obviously this bright young Neliff consulted Hivemind to learn that the Quall destroy their host when they become a full formed being. Which is true. But Neliff keep the host alive. Alive for as long as they and Neliff can join in the most pure form of birth in the entire multiverse. Every Neliff is as pure as the previous, and the host gives information and food and adaptability of species,” Neliff the Diplomat said proudly.

" If Neliff joined with all Olgogs across Refuge, they would always birth Neliff, and Neliff would always protect Olgogs. No Olgogs die. Neliff and Olgogs together live, and breed and harmonize," said Neliff the Diplomat, “And Neliff make sure Olgogs only experience good things. Never see or feel bad painful things again. Only happyness.”

Auf Lalyan tried to reach into the memories from the black period and she could definitely feel lingering emotions of happyness but nothing specific to hang onto memorywise.

Lalyan thinks for a minute and says "Manipulating the mind of all Olgogs so they do not experience life isn’t any better and for most would be worse than what we experience today. It is true that life for Olgogs has been harsh in the last thousand years. But we Olgogs have been fixing this. Olgogs already no longer starve. Olgogs already are starting to have the safety to build their herds. Olgogs have the chance to be happy now.

And to make everything only happiness, you take away the drive to live and survive and individuality. We need our free will, we can’t be slaves. We Olgogs are very proud race, those feelings are part of us. We have survived even with so many trying to eliminate us and Olgogs will fight to keep what they have gained.

I’m not sure if you understand this concept I’m trying to tell you about with individuality by the way you talk and name yourself.

But I do not remember the time between just a few minutes ago and when you took me. I remember the feeling of happiness, but not much more. But I don’t have memories that I built for it. I though I was happy, I was a prisoner and that makes the happiness feel hollow.

Do you not already have giants to reproduce with? Can you let the Olgogs enjoy their freedom of both mind and body they have fought and died for?

Neliff looked confused and taken aback as if this idea was just a sheer revelation to the being. It took a moment, communing with its hivemind, especially with Neliff the Radical to seek guidance.

The Neliff finally said, “Neliff have decided that you are right. We cannot control without taking away life. Neliff the Prophet says this is acceptable and good, for only Neliff know the true voice of the universe.
But Neliff the Radical says that the voice of Warmonger is not the voice of the universe. Says many voices can be heard that may hold truths too. Neliff decides Neliff will watch the Olgogs and others. Neliff will be the eyes and ears of the universe. Neliff will not breed with your kind in your lands, or in Earthers lands. Those places Neliff will only hide, and watch and learn. So says Neliff the Radical, and this Neliff agrees.”

“But Neliff the Prophet has great fears that Olgogs who resist us will hunt us, and Neliff the Radical agrees. What stops Olgogs like these who cannot be controlled be stopped from hunting Neliff now that they know they are immune to Neliff powers? What of Children of the Falosini who learn Neliff are here, and hunt Neliff for sport?
Neliff the Radical says Neliff will take those we judge worrysome and dangerous and those that hunt us.
But Neliff the Radical also says this is a new world for Neliff, and past Neliff must be shed.
Neliff the Radical will eliminate threat of the Mirror Crystal Fleet if this convinces all Olgogs Neliff do not wish Olgogs harm.”

Before they could reply in a yes or no, Lalyan found herself under their control again. A week passed and finally the Yagogi and Lalyan were returned to the heart of Karov, to a small tent community south of the Shadow Dome. The Neliff were no where to be found, but they learned quickly about a battle that happened at Rhugtor.

And stranger still they learned that many thought they had seen the Neliff in the corners of their eyes, capturing and taking away the Mirror Crystal Fleet soldiers who tried to flee the battle.

All of then noticed little things that seemed different back home, and they were told it was a result of the Mirror Crystal itself shattering, and the rift between timelines being healed by the God Krodnok.
Auf Lalyan and her Yagogi friends were worried to hear such events had happened while they were gone.

While waiting for pickup by Lur Union Air Skimmers, the trio talked about their experience in the Mountain Keep. How much would they share? How much would they reveal about what happened to them now that they were safely back in civilization.