The Kul'Gul Rapi coven

The Kul’Gul Rapi cave was broken up into three large rooms a Sleeping room full of hammocks and bedrolls spread haphazardly around it. The main room with its natural sea cave. The families freighter the Mary Celeste groans slightly every so often as the gentle waves entering the cave push it against the ram shamble dock. The air is heavy with the smells of the sea and olgog sweat. The illumination comes from a bio-luminescent fungi and a few sputtering torches.

Numerous smaller chambers and tunnels connect creating a labyrinth around the main chambers.

Mama Rapi’gog stood on a natural ledge, torches on either side of her. The tribe had formed a large semicircle around her. In the middle of the semicircle 10 ologog children all scared. Some of the spoils from the recent raid in Brez.

“You children, you feel da fear and that is good. it good for da family.” she paused. “Soon though the fear it pass. Then you children make a choice. The other tribes, they through you out. You dere trash. Da family, we take you in. We give you da mam and da papa. You learn to fear Der’sa (The sun), you learn to teef or scare to live. You become gog in da family, it good for da family.”

“If’n you don’t, If’n you throw dat away, if you no want da family, you rhug and you be sold to tribe that want you but not the tribe that want you. Or you Mak’ and you fill our bellies. Either way it good for da family.”

The children whimpered, a few started crying, the fear was delicious. Mama Rapi’gog knew some children wouldn’t make the cut, but they would find life only got worse.

((OOC: These events occur after the conclusion of In the desert between the tribes ))

The Mary Celeste II eased into the dock. The crew happily got off the boat and swaggered into the main room. Waiting there was Eric proudly holding his new sword. The family started cheering as they saw it.

Mama Rapigog came up to him, “Where you find dis huh?” she asked appreciatively.

“Jamesville!” Eric said proudly.

“Really now, how you get dis hmm, you ask da hairless to give it to ya?” Babi Ya’al asked adjusting his hat.

“No, I got em with these!” Eric said reaching into a pouch at his side and pulling out the remaining bolts and screws.

Suddenly the cavern became silent, the only noise was the ship gently creaking against the dock. “Those be mine child.” Mama Rapigog said a dark anger in her voice. “You don’t steal from the family.”

Eric’s mind barely had time to register how much trouble he was in before a pair of strong arms grabbed him and forced his arms out in front of him. He let out a yelp of fear as Mama Rapigog closed in on him hand on the worn hilt of her cutlass, her face a black mask of shadows that suddenly seemed larger and darker than before. She grabbed the sword and said, “I just take this from you. How you like that?” She asked angrily.

Eric was trying not cry, “I am sorry Mama Rapigog, I am sorry!” He yelled.

Mama rapigog slowly drew the blade, she held it so he could see the entire length. “The penalty for stealing from da family is your hands.” She shouted so loudly it echoed through the tunnel.

She raised the blade, its notched edge gleaming in the torch light. She swung down swiftly. Eric tensed up clenching his eyes shut and trying to steel himself to the pain he would feel. As the blade sliced through the air a woman yelled, “Stop!” the blade paused fingers width above the youths wrists.

“Mama Rapigog, its my fault. I am his mother, I didn’t teach him well. I deserve to lose my hand not da boy!” The female Olgog said as the crowded parted around her and she moved so she stood between Eric and Mama Rapigog.

Several murmurs broke out in the cavern, as well as nods of approval. It was a mothers job to defend her child, even if the child had broken the rules, if parents didn’t sacrifice for their children then it wouldn’t be a family at all. If Mama Rapigog hadn’t obscured her face in shadow everyone would have seen her smile.

She had knew the mother was lying but the principle was what mattered. Eric would learn the families true strength. The unquestionable trust that rarely exists in normal tribes, much less one of the cursed.

“You teach him now then.” Mama Rapigog said as Eric’s mother extended her arms forward. The slash happened so quickly that the blade was nothing but a sliver of light. Eric’s mother, Ti’Lok’Ni let out a hideous shriek of pure pain. This was no time for strength and stoicism. She crumpled to the ground curling around the around the stumps of her arms.
Eric’s father ran to her side and immediately pulled her to a small side cavern. Eric watched as he used the leyas to convert his health to heal her. Eric began apologizing, the apologies all running together. At some point he shed a tear.

She waved it away and wrapped her healed arms around him. “It be ok my son, you learned, as long s you never tink to steal from the family again it be ok.”

Eric nodded and realized that a shadow was behind him. He turned to see Mama Rapigog standing there. He cowered back for a second. “You did a good ting today. You mama and papa don’t need to go get you a sword now, they just teach you how to use it now.” She tossed the sword down in front of him. “It be good for the family. You want to do more adventures, go off and get more treasure, then that be good for the family too. You need tings, you ask your mama and papa for them, they get them from da family and you do these tings. It be our way.”

With that she turned and walked back to the rest of the tribe that was gathering for another ritual.

Mama Rapigog stepped back out into the gathering. On a pair of blankets lay Fa’Tark and Sa’Uf, the olgogs killed in the Auf’s rescue. Their bodies were both mangled pretty badly by the schrapnel. It was a grizzly site to behold. The children watched the macabre ritual from raised stones against the walls, or from the Mary’s mast.

The family gathered around their dead and began chanting in unison. The words weren’t anything in the olgog common tongue and to the children they seemed to slip through memory like a half remembered dream.

Mama rapi gog stood between the 2 corpses. She held a large pewter cup and a stone knife. One by one the family members broke ranks from the swaying semi circle around them and stepped forward taking the knife they cut their palms dripping some of their blood into the cup. After the entire tribe had done this they ceased the trance like chanting and swaying.

Mama Rapigog put the cup on the ground in front of her. “Da nights be kind to the family. The fear of hairless and gog feeds us. It gives so much we can give back.” She grasped the blade letting some of her blood flow into the cup.

The family began chanting louder and louder this time. As they did Mama Rapigog held the cup to each of the dead vampyrs lips pouring in the blood. As she did the chanting olgogs shuddered feeling some of their life force leave them and start to mend the fallen Vampyrs. Bone and muscle set themselves, burns healed and skin sealed. The Vampyrs spasmed and bolted upright, drawing ragged loud breaths.

Cheers broke out from the family. After the revived olgogs had gotten to their feet Babi Ya’al brought them a bottle of a pungent smelling liquor. They surely needed it.

((OOC: Conversion ritual, everyone gives some HP and consumed fear to resurrect. Narrator if this is a no go please let me know))

[It is allowed]

Ka’Lur and Grimy Kobb had a long trip back to the coven. While they traveled they spoke of many things. Ka’Lur quickly realized how many other Bruskti had similar stories as Grimy Kobb’s. Abandoned as a child they walked a dark path commonly called survival. When they found the family or the family found them they were already sliding quickly toward self destruction.

Ka’Lur taught him many of the rules regarding the family. Never steal from the family. Never abuse the children of the family. Rhug is shared among the family after the taker gets his choice of things. Grimy was skeptical at first, the Bruskti don’t have a good reputation, then again neither did slavers. Grimy Kobb revealed his ability with the leyas, when asked where he learned it he admitted he was self taught.

They slipped into the Coven and immediately met by Mama Rapigog. Ka’lur introduced the newest member of the family. “Mama, this be Grimy Kobb. He and his brother captured da girl. Other tribes came to save her, so I saved him. We talked much on da trip back, he like da Bruskti, outcast, lived in da street till they became slavers.”

Mama Rapigog nodded and hugged Ka’lur, “You done good son. Since da family lost Aug’tuk to the hairless it be a hole in our hearts.” She turned to Grimy Kobb. “I be Mama Rapigog, I lead da family, you meet my son Ka’Lur. You look like you need to meet some Mak.” She stated leading them to a large cauldron brewing a spicy smelling fish stew. She handed him wooden bowls of the stuff until he felt full.

After he had his fill Mama Rapigog noted, “You dressed in rags, that be no way for a Bruskti sky pirate to dress. We make you some nightmare hide armor till we find some ting better for you.”

There was a subject she knew needed to be brooched but could be tricky, “Now, we know you took gog as slaves. We Bruskti do something similar, we take abandoned children in make them Bruskti. But never from da other tribes, only da outcasts. If those children don’t want to be Bruskti then they get traded to who ever wants dem. This is our way.”

Grimy nodded, he didn’t really want to sell fellow gog into slavery but at the same time he made his peace with it long ago.

Part of him was suspicious of their generosity but at the same time he couldn’t detect a hint of anything other than sincerity. He finished off his cup of water. Still thirsty and too lazy to go get some from the dangerously low barrel he worked the leyas filling his cup.

Mama Rapigog’s eyes went wide, she looked to her son in astonishment and grabbed him again, “You done good boy you done good!” She practically yelled. She turned to Grimy Kobb, “You know how to work the tla?” She asked.

Grimy nodded worried. “It ain’t no thang, I picked it up growing up hard.” he said warily.

Mama Rapigog nodded, “You need any ting, any ting at all you let me know. Da family is running out of water, you may have saved da family for now.” She stated triumphantly. “Can you do dat for our water barrels?” She asked almost pleadingly.

Grimy nodded again. If this was all it took to be Bruskti then life may have gotten much easier.

((OOC: Wow Slavers Leyas abilities are really nice, why are they slaving in the first place?))

Navigator Turin felt afraid. The green and black olgog pirates locked him and 9 others in the belly of the small cargo ship. The sailors heard tales of olgog vampyrs and the horrors they visit on their victims. A falling mast knocked him unconscious others parlayed to save themselves. Often crewmen of a captured ship could parlay and offer to enlist. Stories abounded of Olgog pirates, most of the time the storyteller darkly noted said the olgogs didn’t honor such parlay. Olgog Vampyrs never did.

He felt the ship slow, the sounds of waves echoing. We must have arrived he thought. What seemed like an eternity later the hatch to the cargo area an Olgog with blackened eyes and green fur streaked threw the hatch open and back pointed to the captives from the opening. “You all come here. It be time for Mama to inspect you.”

The crew moved like zombies accepting in silent resignation their fate. The handling was not the beating the sailors expected as the olgogs led them into the large chamber of the main cave. In the torch light Turin saw a pile of their equipment and artifacts. Probably to be split up later after they have gnawed on our bones he thought.

An olgog in a worn and tilted top hat directed the 10 to stand in a circle. Turin noticed he wore a string of fetishes, dried ears, claws, patches of green fur. After they were standing facing each other the olgog said in broken earther, “Eenie mon, Minie mon…” The next man broke down crying knowing he would be chosen for a dark fate.

The tall lanky olgog with the fetishes was cut off when heard the sound of something large landing in the next chamber. More olgogs streamed in, most carrying bodies of their fallen comrades. The newcomers took no notice of the earthers and quickly laid out the bodies. Then all heard a loud female voice echo, “Quickly now, we repair the Fraytur later. Get in da Chamber!”

The olgogs gathered round the circle whispering to each other. “What this be?” Mama Rapigog asked staring at the gathered earthers as she walked in dressed in dragonscale mail.

Ka’Lur the olgog with eyes like coals replied, “Mama most of dem offered parlay. I didn’t know what to do. If they be from da tribes I see if they join da family. But…” He trailed off.

Mama Rapigog nodded. It was unheard of of course. Olgogs especially Bruskti accepting earthers into their groups. She looked to the 7 corpses spread lined up. They had precious little time before they rose as blood drinking vampires, uncontrollable in their blood lust. If that happened the family would have to put them down or restrain them and feed them till they learned to control their ways. Neither idea sat well with her.

The ritual to revive them though was taxing. To revive this many the family would become weak and feeble, unable to do much for the next week at least.

Her mind repeated it was unheard of to allow hairless into any tribe. Then she tossed the thought out, it was unheard of for the kidnapped daughter of an Auf to become Bruskti and willingly lead them. Plenty of unheard of things were being heard these days.

“You all hairless, you parlay, you choose to join the Bruskti and stay alive instead of die at sea. I honor da parlay, but only if you help da family. Prove this is no trick.” She walked to the bodies and took out a pewter cup and a stone knife waving it in front of the earthers who turned to face her.

“This blade it be older than memory. It knows tings that the night only whispers. It say family is blood not birth. It calls for dat blood, it tells da blood to stay true.” She cut her hand in one swift motion letting some blood pour into the cup. “You do dis and you can never turn against da family. Your blood will boil at da thought. At the same time you become family and no one in da family can do anyting to betray you.”

She held out the knife hilt first to Turin. His palms began to sweat. The 9 men and women standing by him looked to him to make a choice. Death or this pact. He barely knew the family as Mama Rapigog called it, but any life was better than no life. He took the knife warily and cut his hand biting his lip to keep from crying out in pain. He watched the blood dribble into the cup Mama Rapigog held below it. He passed the knife and looked at his hand, the cut had already sealed. The other pirates followed suit some stoically, some fearfully, one even said a prayer before joining them. Whatever their fate the captives, it was tied to the family now.

The other olgogs started chanting ina language that defied being heard. Something old and half remembered. Turin heard his voice join in, even though he didn’t will it to, as the knife went from Olgog to olgog each spilling blood into the cup.

After the blade and cup completed their rounds Mama Rapigog went to each corpse pouring some of the liquid into each ones mouth. Each time she did Turin felt a wave of weakness pass through him. The olgogs responded the same way. Still he couldn’t stop the chant he didn’t know.

In unison the dead Vampyrs bolted straight up drawing a desperate breath. The chanting stopped and cheers went up. Turin felt a strange sense of elation through the weakness. Maybe being Bruskti wasn’t so bad after all.

The 7 quickly rejoined the ranks of the other Olgogs. Some holding loved ones and children others hugging brothers. Mama rapigog cleared her throat. “These hairless be family now. Anyone insults or injures dem they insult or injure da family. Now we get to know them and we feast on the kag. Babi take some tings we teefed and get rum.” She ordered.

The olgogs closed in asking a thousand cheerful questions of each of the new family while helping them sort out their gear. Nothing was taken, all was returned Turin saw with shock. The complete lack of animosity toward them shocked him. Even captured crew that the captain allowed to join his ship faced a watchful eye against treachery. Then again he didn’t feel like betraying them, they kept him alive when they could have left hm for the nightmares, and that was worth something.

A surprising amount of the tribe remained behind. Boredom threatened to set in as the vampyrs and human compatriots went through the motions fishing repairing the Beezos and airship. Patching and fitting armor. Teaching the youth how to use a blade, how to win a bar fight, how to tan a nightmares hide Fishing and smoking the fish. The coven functioned like a town unto itself.

Mama Rapigog sat with Grimy a one of the tables. Between them and facing Grimy was a book one of the ur’rhug youth clutched desperately when the family liberated them. “Good, now let da leyas read it to you.” She told him. They had been working all week at training Grimy Kodd at using the leyas. General training the kind needed to get into the academy at Chooru, the same sort of training that didn’t keep you warm at night, couldn’t give you water when the sun scorched the land, and couldn’t help you find food. Training that was useless to Grimy despite his skill in the all the other leyas.

Now though he found it useful if he could make artifacts like Mama Rapigog was it would open up a world of possibilities.

His concentration broke, “Damn it!” He shouted, “I nearly had it that time!” he walked over to the covens water barrels. They were empty, which normally would have spelled certain painful death for the family. Now though it was an inconvenience at most. The human crew all could create water, and Grimy was an even better aquamancer than them. He quickly filled the barrel, the water seeming to coalece from the moist air in the seas cave. He dipped a wooden cup into it. “I don’t know if I can do this.” He said, “Its not like the other leyas which came so damn easily.”

Mama Rapigog nodded, “Until I make my first chill monster bolt I tink da same ting. Now thogh it come easy like bendin’ a shadow.”

Mag’oz and the kids who joined him for the lessons of Auf Ur’sa walked into the main room. “We listen to da Auf.” Mag’oz said, in truth he learned much from the Auf. They still had disparate views of the world but Mag’oz suspected they at least were looking at the same picture.

“And?” Mama Rapigog asked.

Magoz put down a burlap sac he created a shadow cocoon in. Out of sac within a sac poured the artifacts the tribes made. “I tink we learned a ting or two.” Mag’oz looked appreciatively at the loot. It enough for everyone to have a unique artifact.

Mama Rapi’gog nodded appreciatively, “Dis is good for da family.”

“Oh you not know da half of it!” Mag’oz said as he quickly explained the learning tree. Ka’Joe nodded smiling, he had impressed even the Auf with that one.

Mama Rapigog was speechless she walked over to Ka’Joe and gave him a huge hug, “You be a visionary, never lose dat. Da Bruskti just taught the tribes to read. That be a ting no one soon forget.”

As they spoke the Mary Celeste II eased into the cave. It carefully pulled into its slip next to the Beezos. Sa’Tor and the rest of the crew quickly came down the gang plank, “Da family struck hear in their hearts!” he proudly proclaimed. All 10 of them sauntered over to Mama Rapi’gog. “Its good da pirates join da family. They sink da ship by themselves!” He proclaimed with a laugh. Tossing the 5 sets of goggles they plundered onto the artifact pile.

Mama Rapi’gog considered herself the owner of a keen sense of judgment. The Kolgul Militia had seemed like an easy mark. A fringe organization who decides to attack everyone will not win popularity contests. Then she heard the other Brukti families had sent conscripts wanting to be left alone. Many of the gangs of brez did as well. Goblin gunner groups that resisted conscription were being hired on as mercenaries. Troubling news from Karov, many of the wandering tribes had been unable to resist.

The easy mark was now one of the strongest forces south of the colonies. Despair filled her as she realized she had sent her own son into the maw of the beast. Plans initiated to stage a daring rescue mission.

Then the fire-team showed up. They delivered a letter of thanks from the militia. The letter stated the miltia gave her operational control of them so long as she stayed loyal to the militia. The fire-team would be self sufficient and would stay mainly segregated from the rest of the family, for “safety concerns.” She knew they would be effective in combat from their swagger and ever watching eyes. The fire team deployed to watch the family as well. The rescue plans died quietly, Mama Rapigog prayed to the thunder gods of her you for her son’s safety.

When they dined on fresh kag that night she invited the fire team leader to join her, Babi Yaal, and Navigator Turin as her table. The fire-team leader was a cocky gog from Brez. He swaggered up to the table, “Names Lance Sergeant Lok’Sa, Fire team leader of alpha team Blood Platoon of the 380th Mighty Rifles.” He spouted off the unit distinction as if it would strike them in awe.

“Welcome.” Navigator Turin said offhandedly. He motioned with his fork to the open chair at the table. “Join us.”

Lok’Sa sneered at the human. Soon enough, he consoled himself, soon enough the human empire would fall and the worm across from his would bow to him. Lok’Sa took the seat and sniffed the plate of fish in front of him. It was pungently spiced with some sort of citrus. He hated it before the first bite.

“There be a ting.” Mama Rapigog said as she speared a piece of fish, “A ceremony we do for everyone who fight shoulder to shoulder with da family. It be a ting to show brotherhood. We want you to join us.”

“No.” Lok’Sa said curtly, “Hell no, we ain’t doing some hocus pocus with your rag tag group.” he said derisively.

Babi shook his head, “It ain’t no hocus pocus, and last I checked yo militia came to us begging for people. If yo fire team was so great why I never heard of dem before now?”

Lok’Sa sneered at the lanky olgog in the top hat. “You will respect my unit god damn it. You all should be thankful my team is here to teach you some discipline.”

Mama Rapi’gog was on her feet in a heart beat. Turin and Babi a half second behind her. Her claws bit deeply into the table. “The militia send you here. They say you take your orders from me. I say you take part in the ritual.”

Lok’Sa popped to his feet and leaned in close meeting Mama Rapi’gog’s gaze. “You don’t scare me cursed.” His hand resting on his blade

Turin’s blade slid from its sheath, “You may want to rethink your tone.” He said curtly. Nodding towards the rest of the room.

Lok’Sa glanced around. His team was off in a corner and had been caught unaware. By the time they reacted it was too late for them. They had their spring shots up but didn’t have any armor on and were out numbered 6 to one. If it escalated the fire team wouldn’t walk out. All they could hope to do is make it costly.

“You be guests of da family. It be best if you remember that hospitality be the only ting keeping you alive.” Mama Rapigog said. “You don’t want to be family, fine, you won’t be. Just remember Alpha fire team leada’, blood platoon, of da tree ate ought you die in battle they send us Bravo fire team and no one cry for your deaths.”

Lok’Sa blinked, “Fine, come on boys, I want some air. Lets eat in the sun room.” The team was allowed to leave though they wreaked of fear as the Vampyr’s stared them down.

Without a word Babi waved his hands dismissing the purple fiery blades that formed around them and followed them motioning for one of the vampyrs to follow them. The fire team would be watched from now on.

Turin sheathed his sword, “Sorry if I spoke out of turn there.” he said to Mama Rapi’gog.

Mama Rapi’gog shook her head, “You defended your families honor, never apologize for that.”

She sat down and seemed to deflate as she wondered if she sent her only son to his death. A small hairless hand rested on her massive forearm. “We will get him back.” Turin said.

The Kalok Fraytur anchored quickly in the sun room. The second the ship settled the gang plank was dropped. The 4 liberated vampyrs descended to the cheers of all. They quickly entered the main chamber and received hugs and pats on the back.
Mama Rapigog watched the 4 that came in. Her son wasn’t in their number. The nightmare of Kagtla approached her. “Your son didn’t want to come. The others say he change after he go through a building. Whatever he saw Mama it make him want to stay.”
Mama Rapigog nodded, he had to have a good reason to want to stay, “He must tink he can do more good for da family being dat close among the enemy. What he see I wonder?” She mused out loud. She felt pangs of grief and regret, if she had known it were this dangerous she would have traded places with him in a heartbeat. “Leave me. I need time to tink about our next move.” She said as she turned to head to a small cave she reserved for deep thoughts. Its walls were covered with pictures from every family leader before her. Together they told a tale of the family’s history.
Navigator Turin entered behind her, “You are still worried about your son.” He noted.
Mama Rapigog nodded, “I don’t know what he see but it must be bad bad if he choose to stay and watch da militia instead of flee.”
“The militia will know it was us who liberated them.” Navigator Turin said.
Mama Rapigog nodded again, “When da squad that watch us return we tell them they touch my son, they face the might of the Bruskti. We be an ally the militia need. We in da Lur Union and we be uniting the groups of Unen.” She paused and said hopefully, “They listen to reason.”
Navigator Turin nodded, “The other tribes, they failed to attack?” He figured tribal politics would demand all tribes fight to remain strong, whenever he thought he had the tribes figured out they did something out of left field.
Mama Rapigog turned to him, “They did, we could have crushed da militia, show them they can only pick on da goblin trash. The tribes that didn’t resist, that didn’t try to rescue. Those tribes, they be worse than the militia. They be our prey now.”

Lance Corporal Dar’Za marched back into the coven with his squad mate. He had burns on his bandaged arm, his squad mate a deep shrapnel tear in his leg that slowed them down. They let the wounds heal naturally. Scars were like medals in their old tribe, a tradition he kept in his heart.
Mama Rapigog was checking her pack. She turned and looked at the two as they entered, “I hoped none of you survived.” She noted with the slightest hint of disgust.
The Lance Corporal smirked, “Given the way Sarge treated you I understand that.” He said. “I filed my report, 5 militia men dead. I made sure to note you had no involvement in the mission .” He paused, “Look I know we started off on the wrong foot. I want to change that. We are here to help you, spy on you but help you.”
Mama Rapigog’s face tightened then relaxed, at least the new gog was honest. The Lance Corporal waited for to digest that and then continued speaking, “The militia knows about your attempt to free your people, we also know your son stayed behind. Due to his actions he has been promoted. If you make another play at the militia then he will lose his life.” The Corporal said the last statement matter of factly with no malice.
Mama Rapigog nodded anger bubbling in her, “Then da militia can do a ting for me. I want da names of da tribes you raided who didn’t fight back.”
The lance Corporal was taken aback by the request, “I am sorry but I can’t do that. Your son is just like you. He is going on a crusade against those tribes, claiming they are weak and don’t deserve to exist. It would be best if you and he didn’t meet.”
Mama Rapigog sneered at the Lance Corporal but said nothing. At least he is honest she thought.

Every night Ka Joe went to the tree. The carvings seemed to multiply every day. He looked at all the new words practiced them in the dirt and committed them to memory. Vi’Tla often joined him mouthing the words as she learned them, the others from the orphanage did too on nights they weren’t busy learning how to sail. Vampyrs came and went. Most of the family was basically literate in the fledgling olgog language.
The language was a strange mixture. Pictograms for words made up the most of it. Other words were borrowed from Krato or Earther.
Navigator Turin had given him a small blank journal and a quill. Ka’Joe carried it everywhere. He worried he annoyed Mama Rapigog with his constant questions about Bruskti and olgog history, the laws governing the burskti, and practical matters like how to catch a fish. She always smiled and sighed and told him a story or answered his question. All the while he furiously wrote, often times having to invent words. One of the things he would do every night is look for his new words and add them to the tree.
The Auf Ur’sa often napped in a hammock under the tree. Some nights she would half open an eye and watch the Vampyrs study. She never stopped them, she had heard rumor of them giving out water to any and all, making her vision come true.

Kulal watched his squad practice a flanking ambush. His squad, he took great pride in earning a squad to command. That pride manifested in training, lots of training. They awoke at lunch and afterward in the midday heat when most of the militia napped or gambled in the shade his squad was in the training circle practicing with him (He had become adept at quickly wrapping himself in his cloak to prevent the suns harsh ray from scorching his cursed flesh). They worked well past dinner still training. Then when night was darkest they would rest.
He intended to take the other tribes down one by one, raid them until they were too weak and begged to join the militia. As the imaginary foe fell he nodded, “Good, now we will practice medical carries under fire. Privates lie down. Enemy is north, a church of one machine gun nest. The 3 troops all fell in a hail of shots and are bleeding out. Its our job to suppress the nest and pull them out.” He said pointing to a man sized target indicating it was the gunner. The higher soldiers split into two groups, 2 moving with kulal. The first team began firing spring shot bolts one a second at the target. Kulal and the others dashed through the heavy sand grabbing the vandals and hoisting them onto their shoulders. One vandal began firing at the target with his springshot. They made it back to cover before the volley of spring shot shots ended. Then he called the team over and began discussing how to stop bleeding with conversion, just enough to save them without grievously hurting the medic. One of the raiders taught them of various herbs in brez that can help prevent the rot or ease pain.
Kulal was impressed with the gog’s knowledge. He knew his squad would see more action than most of the militia, he hoped this knowledge and training now would save them blood later.

The Bruskti sought to survive the season of Auf Kol the way they always had with a few additions. The net from the Auf Ur’Sa blocked off one of the smalled caves and any fire artifacts proving warmth were used by those closest to the cold. The earthers slept in the center, surrounded by the youth and finally the adult vampyrs under a n old stale fish blanket with numerous poorly patched holes.

Navigator Turin woke in the morning his joints throbbing. "He turned to Sa’Tor “Is it like this every year?” He asked wondering how they could survive.

Sa’Tor nodded, “We don’t have da herds tyo get da hides we need.” He lamented. he survived most of his life dreading this season.

Navigator Turin stretched trying to work out the pain, “And we can’t trade for the hides we need?” He asked concerned.

Sa’Tor shrugged, “We never had anyone to trade with before this year.” He said matter of factly.

Navigator Turin nodded, “We do now, let the Lur Union and the GUTS know our need. I am sure some one will be willing to trade for them.”

Mama Rapigog returned to the coven. The bruskti were gathered sharpening blades and fixing armor. The minute she returned to the plane she felt something dark pulling at her. A dreadful drumbeat far in the distance. She carefully cradled her bag and the gifts of the sylvan. The crystals instead seemed to hum in unison, the badges of the night she placed into her trunk.

Before she could begin greeting the family the KGM sniper team and the three blades entered waving around the blindfolded inquisitors they captured. The 3 blades were chanting, “Dolly, dolly, dolly!” As the inquisitors dripped deliciously in fear.

Before the earther pirates could say anything Mama Rapigog said, “Put them down gently. Why you bring them here?”

The leader of the blades responded, “Can you taste the delicious fear, we will enjoy having them here.”

Mama Rapigog shot a glance at Turin who had stopped sharpening his sword a look of contempt on his face. “Leave them be.” Mama Rapigog said. She would figure out what to do with them later.

Turin rose and approached her but was cut off by the Kolgul Fireteam, “A warmongers dead unit, insignia three red ones, is laying siege to what remains of Thomasville.” He said before sitting on a knee high stone and popping open his spring shot for cleaning.

Turin looked around for a moment waiting to see if anyone else demeanded her attention before walking over and giving Mama Rapigog a hug. “how did it go?” he asked.

She quickly recounted the journey and meeting noting the families new role as enforcers and marshals.

Turin nodded, “We have been busy since you have been gone.” He recounted Thomasville, the divided though secure Drewsport. “We also did some redecorating.” He noted motioning to the food vault. Mama Rapigog inspected it and used an empty corner to plant the crystals and explain their operation.

Gabi one of the 3 elders in training who learned from the Ka’Tor approached, “Mama, can you hear da drums calling us?”

Mama Rapigog nodded, “The Mag Bruskt is awake. Thunda’ gods help us. Da other families come for us.”

“Unless we put him back in da hole.” Gabi finished.

When they got back up there a panting and parched Eric was leaning on his knees. “Jamesville…the water…its going away. The church blames the tribes, they are going to divert the flow from the Great Uf.” He stammered.

“No water, they will be dying of thirst in days!” Turin noted. “How do wells just dry up?”

Mama Rapigog shrugged, “Da evil dead, or even misguided gogs could be behind a ting like dat.”

“Its barbaric!” Turin noted exasperated.

Mama Rapigog nodded turning to Gabi, “You take da others, go after mag Bruskt. He needs me to complete da ritual. Do what needs to be done.”

She looked to Turin, “Get da other earther pirates and tell Mag’oz I need his barrels. “You 5” she said with a motion of her hand. “Bring da barrels to da great Uf, mae sure that the Tla doesn’t run dry.” She turned to the earthers, “We go outside jamesville bury da barrels, make it loo like a spring appeared. Da churchers tink what they want.”

Mama Rapigog walked over to the inquisitors and said in a low tone in earther, “You listen here, you going with Gabi and the others. They going to fight a cursed lord. Da strongest Goblin Vampyr in all the land.” she spat the racial epitaph. “You get a chance to prove yourself and your faith. You go and kill as many of da cursed as you can and you free to go. Show them who’s god is more powerful.” She paused, “Or you die, da choice is yours.”

Mama Rapi’gog met the 5 olgog mercenaries. They were all mixed breeds she noticed, a brezan nose on an Unese body, a Tlalocal brow combined with the wiry frame of a Karovian. They had been searching for her for weeks. The villages in Unen kept pointing them in the right direction, her Bruskti had followed them seeing how they treated the poor fishing villages. The mercenaries had acted honorably, that was the only reason she waited for them on the road.
They were on foot, covered in the grime and sweat of the road. “I be Mama Rapigog, I hear you want to speak with me.” She stated.
The 5 fanned out in front of her, letting her get a good look at all of them. The largest approached, “I am Cha’vat, we 5 wish to join your tribe.”
Mama Rapi’gog looked them up and down. “You want to be Bruskti?” She asked half incredulously. None of them were vampyrs, very few who weren’t willingly joined the Bruskti.
Cha’vat nodded, “We traveled village to village, hunting whatever gor needed hunting. Something happened about a year ago. The villages began giving us better things, we ate better, always had a full glass of cool tla to drink. We asked about what happened, the villages all said the Bruskti sky pirates came and gave them barrels that never emptied of tla. They used it to grow crops, water their herds.” She took a step forward and extended her hand. “It wasn’t just in Unen either, in Brez, and even in the feral lands. That’s the sort of tribe we want to be a part of.”
Mama Rapigog took the Olgog’s hand in a tight shake, “You know the Bruskti rituals, they could change you.” The five of them nodded in unison. Mama Rapigog nodded to herself. Their dedication would become apparent soon. With a sweeping motion of her hand she turned and led them to the coven.
Inside the tribe had gathered. Mama Rapigog entered from a side cavern, carrying a black obsidian knife and a pewter cup. 3 silent olgogs in dark cloaks smiled at the sight of it, next to them stood the 5 mercs, all of whom looked afraid at what was happening. The tribe had pressed into the chamber, kids in front of their parents to watch the ritual. On a ledge high above the proceedings the two KGM militiamen assigned to the tribe watched with mild interest. Their faces weren’t pierced like the Bruskti, instead the piercings had been driven through their armor, same effect without the creepy tribal look.
Mama Rapigog held up the two items “This blade it be older than memory. It knows tings that the night only whispers. It say family is blood not birth. It calls for dat blood, it tells da blood to stay true.” She cut her hand in one swift motion letting some blood pour into the cup. “You do dis and you can never turn against da family. Your blood will boil at da thought. At the same time you become family and no one in da family can do anyting to betray you.”
A low chanting began among the Bruskti. It was something that could only be half heard, something primordial that defied comprehension. Mama Rapigog quickly slid the blade through her palm and trickled a little blood into it. Then she handed the blade hilt first to first of the three blades, the skinner vampyrs rescued from a church of one prison. He gripped the blade letting out a hiss and then passed it to the next of the vampyrs. After they added their blood to the cup they began chanting as well.
Eventually it got to Cha’vat. Mama Rapi’gog whispered to him, “This be it, you either do dis or you can leave.” Cha’vat nodded looked to the others who all gave small nods. He swallowed hard and ran the impossibly fine blade along his hand letting out an involuntary gasp of pain. He felt the blood trickle from his clenched fist into the cup for a second he felt fiery heat move through him then he began chanting as he passed the blade to the next mercenary.
Soon they were all chanting in sync. With no dead needing healing Mama Rapigog walked to the water gently lapping at the stony pebbly floor of the coven. She poured the blood into the water. It quickly turned black and disappeared. “We give this blood to the sea, let the waves whisper the bond of the Bruskti.” She declared loudly. Followed by everyone including the families newest members cheering.

Cha’Vat and the others were getting the grand tour of the coven when thye came upon the sub cave housing the rapions the Auf Ur’Sa gave the tribe. “That’s a damn fine ‘Pion.” He said, patting the armored serpents flank. The serpent looked at him curiously, before letting out a hiss of annoyance. “Well trained too.” Chavat Noted.
Mama Rapigog nodded, “These were a gift from the Auf Ur’Sa. Only ting is Unenese don’t ride.”
Chavat nodded, “My boys and I all know how. Mind if we train on them? See if we can’t be the first Bruskti cavalry?” He asked with a laugh. He looked around, “Do they have saddles?”
Mama Rapigog shook her head, “Don’t need one. Da scabbard we give you, it let you stand on a ship in hurricane, dis beast should be no problem.”
((OOC: Narrator please confirm, using the pirate scabbard from week 3 reward. Text reads:
“Gives anyone who wears it the ability to stick to the hull of any ship, even if a ship is rolling or a wave has struck it. Shapeshift Artifact (Shapeshift lvl 3, 4 successes)” ))

Mama Rapigog gathered the family. The 5 other elders stood behind her dressed in black cloak and shrouded in shadow they were indistinguishable from each other, At her side navigator Turin and Babi Yaal stood. She looked around making sure everyone was there. “Unen faces hard times, all da olgog lands do. Dis da worst year anyone remember for da farmers harvest, da pollution in da sea has thinned the schools.” Everyone was nodding, it was well known the food problems that threatened to over whelm most tribes. “Dis a time when da right ting is the hard ting. We gonna need to not eat so much.”
Several groans echoed in the cave, Cha’Vat had gone many a night on an empty belly. He had hoped the UTR could have cured the food woes his group endured. Guess not he lamented.
The Nightmare of Kag Tla spoke up, The black furred olgog loved drawing attention to himself, “But Mama we have enough food to feast every night!” He noted.
“We be lucky, da UTR has more than enough food. Da Makal seed makes a vineyard even da worst storm can’t ruin.” Mama Rapigog noted, “Da villages in Unen, they not as lucky.”
Navigator Turin Spoek up, “We won’t be starving, instead we will use the Leyas to sustain our selves.” He held up a necklace of bones putting it on. “We will feast every week on this day. Until then we let the Leyas sustain us.” Mama Rapigog nodded in agreement taking out the red traveler’s fang of the Ka gor putting the necklace around her neck. Babi Yaal and the 5 elders followed suit with necklaces like Turin’s. Then they began to hand out necklaces to the rest of the tribe.
In the end 41 gogs and earthers ended up donning necklaces along with mama rapigog.
((OOC: Between the Makal Seed and the UTR underground gardens I can produce 130 gogs worth of food a month. My tribe currently has 61 members.
42 are eating once a week (Eating as if there were only 6 of them?)
20 are eating normally ATM
So I am producing 104 gog extra food a month, that will distributed to villages around Unen
Will update, please tell me if I am wrong in any way on my numbers))

Eric the Devious returned from the circus. He slowed his heart rate from the chaos. He took a few breaths and walked in trying to look as big and confident as he could. He started to retell the story to his parents. They looked on incredulously but the other youth of the family gathered and listened captivated by the wild tales of the circus. At the end Mag’oz’s daughter Vi’Tla shook her head. “No way, you are just making things up!”
“Am not!” Eric declared sticking his tongue out at her. “I’ll prove it!”
He pulled out the shard of emerald, it crackled to making all of the olgogs fur tingle. “When the cart exploded this flew at my chest, but I am really quick and caught with one hand!” He stated triumphantly.
Mama Rapigog came over. “That a powerful ting right there, what you do with it?”
Eric shrugged, “I dunno, its cool though!”
Mama Rapigog nodded, “How about dis. I trade dat to you for any of da artifacts da family have but we aren’t using?”
Eric’s eyes went wide, “YES!” He shouted. The family had numerous trinkets and baubles it rarely used.

Food had filtered out through Unen. Many starving Olgogs suddenly found themselves cared for by the kindness of the Bruskti.
Food insecurity was now a thing of the past, but the Unenese know this flow only continues as long as the Kul Gul Rapi retain their dominance among the Bruskti Pirates.

The other Bruskti have now slowed their piracy to a sustainable level. With food in hand, they only need raid when their cursed hunger is upon them.