The Karovian Nomads

–(this thread is open to all karovian tribes and anyone that Torog Urrgh invites to this quest for Torog Urrgh)–

Is anyone still here from Karov?

OOC: I’m here when I have time
ping me on gtalk if you need me to do things. the.white.wizzard@gmail.com

[Please remember any communication not done during a live convention game, live event or online forum does not count as Roleplayed knowledge]

The Mak’abs of the Yagogi’al, and Deryi, Gulur, and Gulder’na of the Auf Lal’al stood together surrounded by Nightmare corpses. They were dotted by wounds which had been healed by the voices of the angelic kulieks created by the Yagogi summoners.

Before them stood the wooden landship Urrgh of the tribe of the Hob Kol Ur. It was a sight to behold, even if it did not have the ghoulish yadol that sometimes drew it.

On its deck stood the proud Tor’og Goldol.

“I am Goldol of Hob Kol Ur and I seek the brave and heroic Tor’og Urrgh,” said Goldol, “Will you join me on this epic quest?”

He had found the way to Tor’og Urrgh but getting there and figuring out how to wake him were different things indeed.

–[Tor’og Urrgh please take up the rest of Goldol’s dialogue]–

Goldol Surveyed those who had survived, he could have helped them with the threats above, however they had a much more pressing matter.

The rest of the crew of the land-ship busied themselves with stowing away gear and making sure everything still worked as it should.

“Our chief has been missing since the threat of the Kolgul Scum, we are as of yet unaware where he and our Auf Ol’yi have gone, that is if they have not been taken or worse.”

[Shouldn’t this be in the thread of Tla’loc’al? Urrgh is not Korovian]

–{I know that but setting it in tlalocal proper would have gotten you all lasered to death standing outside. Setting the quest for Torog urrgh in the lands between tlalocal and karov allow it to be a seperate story from the attack on Tla’loc’al storyline and all the terrain necessary to tell the story. For mission week 10 we can definitely move location back to tlalocal if desired.}–

Deryi says "Myself and my tribesmen will lend our help. Our new Elder, Lalder of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al, would like that I’m sure. He does love throwing wrenches in the militia’s plans when he can. What can we help with? We are newer to tracking, but we did find these gogs in time. We do not know too much about what you are doing though. "

(Of note, these are all Brez Gogs, And Lalder is Tla’loc’al)

Goldol thought for a moment ‘How could anyone help? What remained of the Hob Kol Ur would have no idea where to start let alone what to do when they did find Urrgh.’

“Before we engaged the Kolgol a few of my tribe returned to our caves to seek further guidance from our Aufgog Ol’yi, we found the cave empty. There were no signs of fighting and no tracks that we could see. What’s more we know that Urrgh would not have left without this.” From within the landship a large hide-wrapped object was produced, it was the krato-bone war axe of Urrgh himself, a weapon that would not be left under any circumstances.

Kul’al saw nothing but red, the dirt invaded his lungs the pain became unbearable. I’m dying he realized, he had failed his squad, failed the family, and most importantly failed the militia. Then the pain stopped, it fled his body as a cold numbness set in. Then the hunger flared. Kulal began clawing with renewed strength. He had to escape the ground had to feed. his strength never faltered, even as he continued to gag on the dirt. Then one clawed hand broke free. He felt around the surface.

No burning sensations. It must be night part of his mind realized as he pulled himself from the ground. For a few minutes he lay on the cold rubble wretching and coughing up the dirt that killed him. He rose and stumbled forward falling to all fours. He was so hungry it gnawed at his very being. Then he heard the heartbeat, faint but nearby. His hand shot out and grabbed a kolgul that was trying to pull chunks of flesh off of his sergeant’s dead finger. The creature let out a pitiful screech as it tried to claw it’s way from Kulal’s iron grip. He brought it to his mouth razor sharp fangs bit into it and he drank deeply of the small creatures blood. he emptied it in a few seconds dropping it and wiping his mouth. The blood was just enough to sate his thirst to let him think. He could hear the karovians and their wonderous heartbeats nearby. he knew he was far too weak to attack them and hope to survive.

He heard another set of heartbeats. His squads final gift to him. Their bodies attracted the kogul from all around. He remembered the militia’s motto and began feasting on the kolgul, as quietly as he could. After a dozen of them he had the strength to do what was neccasary. He made small piles of rocks, make shift tombstones for each of his dead squad mates. He would sing there songs to the thunder gods later when he was safe.

He took to the shadows seeking to whisk himself away from the karovians. He had misjudged Tor’og Urrgh, they weren’t sitting on their laurels pathetically, they were creating amazing weapons of war. He vowed not to be so careless again.

As he trekked across the desert he felt the cold of morning rains and knew he had very little time before the sun seared his flesh from his bones. He grew claws and buried himself. As he settled into his shallow grave he wondered how his heart beat so loudly. After a moment he realized it wasn’t the beating of his heart but a drum, calling all bruskti. The first was awake and sought to fulfill a terrible prophecy. he thought about the old ones blood, it must be overflowing with power he thought. his tongue gently ran over his fangs as he fantasized about the taste of that power.

Goldol wracked his brain for what was almost an hour. There was no signs of struggle or a fight, just an empty cave and Urrgh’s axe, a Tor’og would never leave his weapon behind.

He was puzzled for some time, Ol’yi had sent them out on this mission to defend against the militia, perhaps it was Ol’yi who had the answer. “I know where they are.”

Before walking up to the landship once again he spoke to the surrounding Gog’s “Any of you who shares loyalty to the Olgog tribes, not just your own send word to the wisest and the bravest. Our leader has been taken to a small oasis along the southern borders of our lands.” A place he knew that Ol’yi had great sentimental value.

Deryi says “I’ll go fetch an Aufgog of our tribe. The shadow leyas maybe pushed away with Light leyas and or healing. Also I wonder if he is possessed. Maybe a summoner could check that out.”