The Hidden Site of the Sylvan Warship

The Ship was only visible by the long prow that extended up above the sandy area. Around it was now a ring of stone studded by pike walls and beyond that a shallow moat that entirely encircled the vessel.

The Warmongers Dead of Unit 111 were defeated, the Unit 7756 has withdrawn with the command crystal in their grasp. Nightmares are now hiding in the nearby terrain waiting to strike.

[Present are Lalder, a representative of the Or’Lur tribe (as Glog himself is at the Airship Kalok Fraytor), Ripi-tu Lurur, The Outer Eye serving Kilma Ur’ab, Ol’orol, Unit 817, and a ship full of un-activated Sylvan Skeleton Soldiers]

Og-orol had recognized one member of Unit 817 as soon as he had stepped on the battlefield. Not many Olgogs were of shorter stature than her. After the fighting had ended, she handed her apprentices each one of the vampiric poleaxes she had gained, and sent them to aid any dead or injured allies. The enemy dead had already been claimed by Unit 817. She made her way to Torlok’ab, hand outstretched in greeting.
“Once again you aid those you do not have to. Those who would normally fear& despise you. I have always known that Honor is not exclusive to one race, it seems it is not bound to a heartbeat either. It seems that we have a common enemy at this time.” She looked up at Dead Captain Tormog’ru, standing beside Torlok’ab. “I offer a peace between my tribe and your own at this time.” She pointed out to one of the walls of wooden pikes. “Alone and separate, they are but weak sticks, easily broken. When bound together for a purpose, they stand strong.”

Lalder, as he regenerated from his wounds, pondered what he saw. Thinking to himself, We should have setup a ward against Shadow Leyas. But if we did, the Chill shield would have been useless and their magi cannons would have torn through us faster. Next time we will have to make sure there are no visible shadows bigger than the size of a hand.

Then Lalder brings his attention to his 2 dead tribesman. Lalder looks toward Auf Lalog’na, one of his 2 priests he brought, then said “Auf Lalog’na, can you please bring these 2 back.”
Looking at the Outer Eye who seves Kilma Ur’ab tribe, Lalder says, “My tribe thanks you for saving my 2 young members from a an undead fate. After we are done here, I would like to talk to you more about this.”

Then looking to the Torlok’ab, “I can offer that noone from my tribe will attack your unit unless attacked first. I might not look like it, but I’m very old and will have to get over prejudices I have gained over the years. But your actions give me reasons to try.” Lalder stops for a moment, then continues “Your unit performed every well today, and I have an idea of how our tribes maybe able to work together if we decide to do something about unit 7756.”

Then looking at Ripi-tu Lurlur, Lalder asks “What can the Unit 7756 do with that command Crystal? It can’t be good. And what do we want todo with what’s in that box?”

Bowing to the assembled Olgogs, Torlok’ab looked at each in turn. Nodding in the direction of Og-orol, he started “Greetings, it is good to se that you made it back to your tribe safely after our last meeting. On instructions from the Captain, i am allowed to accept your offer of peace. He has said he will send an envoy to discuss terms.”

Facing the assembled group, “Hello, My name is Torlok’ab. I am the chief scout for Unit 817. We are also known as the Shield of the Redeemer. We wish to live as peacefully as we can with the other Olgogs in this area.”

Turning to face Lalder, he continued “It is good to see one who can think instead of just react. We agreed that the Dead of Unit 7756 can not be allowed to remain in custody of the relic. This vessal is an ancient Sylvan Warship, and it’s cargo could be used for great evil if the wrong forces gained control of it. We are willing to listen to your ideas on how to get the relic back and safe guard the vessel from misuse. But we must warn you that we will be going after the relic with or with out you.”

Sighing, he faced the Outer Eye. " After watching your aid in the defense of this site, it is my regretably duty to have to ask for the gun you took off the Dead to be given over into our custody. It is the sworn duty of our group to make sure that the relics and weapons of the ancient wars are not used to make these trying times that much more violent. We are prepared to offer you some conpensation for the relic."

Glancing back over the group, " I am also to inform you all that members of Unit 817 will be checking the perimeter to make sure that the nightmares and Dead do not make a surprise attack."

Lalder states “My tribe will assist in recovering the relic. This will also give us the chance of recovering our dead one way or another.”

Then looking over at Torlok’ab, Lalder states that “My tribe can move quickly, and if we pair up one from your tribe and one of my pilots on our air skimmers, maybe we can catch Unit 7756 in the open before they get back to their tunnels. At least we should be able to stall them. These skimmers are pretty fast and shield-able that will offer some defense, though I would not recommend being caught stopped alone.”

Lalder Continued, “And with your tribes ranged weapons, you can add what the skimmers are missing. Firepower. You unit of the Dead types hit pretty hard. Especially at range.
We can set aside 2 other skimmers for Aufs, Tor’og, or Leader that can support this mission as well. Then rest can follow on more normal means as fast as they can go.”

Lalder paused, thinking for a minute…, then asked “I have 8 total skimmers in the area that seat 2 Gog each. What does everyone think?”

Lalder quickly added, “We do have to deal with the nightmares first, and decide what to do with that box over there.” pointing at the sarcophagus.

Deryalur, member of Or’Lur sent to help Lalder, spoke “We should call in an Auf to help deal with them.”
He leaned on a Krato bone spear next to Lalder.

Lalder thought about Deryalur comment, then stated "We can send word for him to meetup with us soon as he can, but we should act before unit 7756 can get back to their caves. Attacking any tribe in their own caves could cost many lives. "

Lalder then continued " Also, we just need to get the crystal for now. We do not need to wipe them out right now. If we can recover the crystal, then we just need to secure this area. We learned much about how they fight and won’t be caught off guard again."

Lalder then looked at Deryalur saying “Can you get word to any of your elders quickly?”

Deryalur nodded “After Earthers had him guid them Glog had Elders make hob that lets us talk over great distances. He said it was so that we can help eachother faster.”
He then used a stone that was sewn into his shirt to call the Hobgog of Or’Lur.
“He will be here in alittle while.”

Torlok’ab looked at Lalder and nodded. “The Captain has decied to send 5 of our Dead with you and also to accompany you himself. I would come with you but i am being sent on a seperate mission. He will be here in a moment. But now i must take my leave.” Turning he walked out.

Afew moments later, the Captain walked in. He is an immense figure with the left half of his head replaced with bone plating covering everything above his mouth across the top of his skull and running around the back of his head. Bowing just his head, he greets the assembled forces. “We must prevent the forces of the Warmonger from retaining the crystal that controls this majestic vessel. On board sleeps a member of the Sylvan Empire’s royalty. If she was to fall into the hands of those faithful Dead, they could use her to make an army that we would be hard pressed to slow down, let alone stop. As such, if we cannot gain the crystal, we must try our best to destroy it as a last resort to prevent the Warmonger’ers from ever gaining her strength.”

Lalder states “We must also control access to the ship itself. When our trips I’m leaving one Auf to set wards against shadow Leyas and will stand guard with any other tribesman staying to guard the ship.”

As Lalder gathered some Aufs, he was happy that he was in charge of security of the sylvan ship. And that he had set a tree to use to travel between an outlying cave and the ship without being seen.

Lalder brings Auf Laylan and Auf Lalog’na to the Sylvan warship… He says “We need to use any advantage we have before its too late. We have the Church of One trying their hardest to restart the Slaughter of the gogs, Warmongers dead everywheres, and now the Miltia out getting read to inflame everything.

After reading as much as I could in this ship, I have found out that the dead are the warriors of the Sylvans. They are undead, but they seem to be intelligent undead and have some honor amongst their people.

I believe we should talk to their commander, but I’m not that trusting. I wish to find a way to contain the undead to a location. And when we talk to the Warleoch I want at least 2 of you countering any Leyas abilities this thing might have. I will also use negate leyas if necessary, but I will need someone to heal any injuries caused by that.”

Each Auf will have an activated Chill shield and Protective Aura. They will be in full battle dress (Nightmare hide armor and spears).

Auf Lalur’ab will have a finger tip of the other Aufs to revive them if things go really wrong.

Auf Lalder has been working on his undead ward, but outside of the ship was lacking any test subjects. After a while, Lalder, Auf Lalyan, and Auf Lalog’na will setup a room on the ship that is separate from the skeletons.

This room will be prepped for containment. A ward will be etched into the floor. The first ward that will be tried by Auf Lalyan (LR 5) will be a merge of the Nightmare ward (healing lvl 4) and Holy (Healing lvl2). Instead of Blocking an area, They will first work to make the ward act from the circle outward, leaving the inside area free for an undead to occupy, but not leave the circle.

The second Ward will be a Nightmare ward reenforced with Light leyas to have it affect undead as well.

They will work together to perfect this technique before pulling a skeleton out of storage area and placed into the preped area before the ward is reactivated. Not leaving the dirt inside the circle. It was filled with Leyas engery, he didn’t need to leave that for the undead to use to break out.

Once the ward is activated, Lalder, using Candy’s Amulet of Channel, will then use conversion to wake up the undead skelton. He will then step back outside the circle that contained the undead.

Auf Lalyan will be the one activating the ward. Auf Lalog’na will then heal Lalder of the damage from the conversion.

If this works, they will the area around the Sylvan Warleoch.

His name had been Bel’en Neth when he had walked under the golden dawns of the land of the Sylvan. Then he had died on the spears of the Krato and was raised as a Sylvan skeleton to serve the majestic Warleochs of Orundi.
He looked down seeing how the Aufs had woven the Leyas around him. It was quite intriguing and Bel’en Neth was impressed by the Olgogs use of the Leyas.

He bowed respectfully and asked, “I can sense it has been a long long time. My standing orders are to return my captain to the Sylvan Capitol at Orundi on the dimension of Dokrice. The Olgogs have ne’er been enemies of the Sylvan Empire…”

Lalder steps forward and says "I will tell you we mean you know harm, and the protections are just protection as we did not know what to expect. It must have been a long time, as we do not know much of your kind.

We found your ship crashed and under the guard of the Warmongers dead. We defeated them, and then moved your ship into our lands were we could make sure they did not regain control of the ship. But we were not sure what to do as our only dealing with the undead during these times has not been good.

They even attacked after we moved the ship. I’m afraid the ships power crystal was stolen and then broken by the warmongers dead before we could recover it.
"

Bel’en Neth ground his teeth loud enough they echoed off the walls, "Warmonger’s Dead are perversions of nature. While we choose to delay our rest in the great beyond to protect the living, Warmonger’s Dead are monsters created to foment pointless perpetual war between the speaking races. They seek to create the horrific conditions where the living would happily sell their eternal spirits into slavery just to escape the pain of their existance. They are a perversion on the techniques used to keep us animated. "

Lalder nods "We do not have much of a difference in our opinion of the warmongers dead. Can you tell me about your Captain and what to expect? Our Plan if this was successful was to revive him. In much the same way so we could start a conversation and figure out what to do next, this ship included.

Events in the world are moving fast these days, and I fear multiple wars are in the starting phases. Warmongers are part of it, but there are other forces at work too."

“Iessa of Orundi, captain of this vessel and noble blood, was powerful but fair, honorable and enlightened”, replied Bel’en Neth, “She brooks no offense but gives respect to all.”

“If you wake Iessa she will seek to contact the Sylvan empire to send Master Adepts to repair the vessel ans then we will be on our way.”

Lalder had heard tales from Kiorn and Baribur travelers that the Sylvan Empire had been wiped out near the end of the Kias Wars. Its citizens reduced to little more than beasts. Now for thousands of years the remaining Sylvan were more animalistic predators no longer the enlightened scientists and biologists who traveled the distant shores and the distant stars. They were now pack animals less tool using than the most feral of Olgogs.

Lalder’s face saddened for a second and then he said "I fear that help will not be there. It has been a long time the Kias wars did not leave your people in very good shape and I heard there is no Sylvan Empire anymore. Though I have no direct knowledge of this, just what travelers tell us.

But we can see if the communication will work first. Let us go wake your captain."

Lalder will nod to the others and while still ready to counter an attack, will let the ward drop.

“The Empire gone, it explains why no rescue was ever done,” said Bel’en Neth dropping in sorrow to his bony knees, “So many questions, Did the Empress Iuhari survive , what happened to the Kingdom of I’tash, my living relatives did they…?”

Bel’en Neth let out a long tearless sob, "I am sorry Aufgog your respected kind would not have the answers I seek. I need to seek out the Children of the Falosini for that information.
Thank you kind one for rescueing us from Warmonger and his servants. Do you wish me to call home using our comm crystals or do you wish for me to awaken Captain Iessa first? "

Lalder sighed “IS that comm crystal the one that was in the Crypt with your captain? If it was, That crystal was stolen by a unit of the Dead. We gave chase but they destroyed the crystal and then ran. They broke the crystal as my Tor’og was about to recover it. So I guess that leaves talking to Captain Iessa.”

Bel’en Neth seemed confused by the reference to a comm crystal being stored with the Captain, “No respected Aufgog, the command crystal and our comm crystals are dynamically different objects. The command crystal is held by the captain it controls piloting, weapons and defenses of the ship. It is a seperate object from the Sylvan Power Converter that powers this vessl, and seperate from the multiple comm. crystals used by the communications crew to contact our many settlements.”

Bel’en Neth approached a nearby wall panel, and slid it aside. Inside were multiple wooden boxes each with a different sized crystals but all were the size of pebbles. Each was marked with a symbol of a different settlement.
"These are the comm crystals,"said Bel’en Neth, “each acts as a two way communicator to a specific location.”