The Good the Bad and the Ugly in the Ravines

–[Kolgol and Unit 7756 and Ka Gor Tribe, While trying to meet up with Lalder’s assault team, Kolgol instead has met up with Dead Captain Castiel and his retinue of four Warmonger’s Dead and one Dead Surgeon. Outgunned, Kolgol knows he will have to talk his way out of this situation. Despite that, a Pit Mongrel has come to his defense, Mag Kalok Ka Gor who claims to have four scouts in the hills able to summon Fire spirits to their side. Before this comes to blows, since no side has the capability to call in reinforcements, and neither side will come out of this as a winner if violence occurs. When the point where a battle would happen, please post stating a battle has occurred and We will create a mission for the duel. However a special reward is available if this situation can be defused without violence. Only those three are present here in this mission]–

Stepping to the top of the rise, Kolgol found himself face to face the dead captain himself. Cursing, Kolgol turned right and left, but there was no cover to be found. He looked at the magi cannons they held and remembered, back at the diplomatic summit, when that strange olgog had carved a hole through both a dark bishop and the hovertank he stood inside with such a weapon. There was no doubting at this range it would be lethal. He had always pictured his own end as somewhat more grandiose, and usually ended with him falling into the darkness locked in combat with a priest. Nonetheless, Kolgol fell back on a lesson he had learned in his younger years, to use his fine wit where his axe failed him. He stepped slowly towards the captain saying,

“Good day to you sir! Fine weather is it not? Lets not spoil the mood with all these guns, lets talk like civilized folk. Now I think you and I both know that there would be 4 holes in me before I so much as raised my battle axe, but surely there is a more…civil means to end this. I am fairly certain that someone would either hear or see you firing off magi cannons, and the battle has gone sorely for you, and I’m afraid most of your men are dead…er… deader. Now, I propose this, you go your way, unopposed, and I go back down the canyon and forget I ever saw you. I have no quarrel with you, nor your men. If you do decide to fight, you will kill me, but surely it is not worth dying for. You are and I are reasonable fellows, am I right? Lets just forget this ever happened.”

He slowly takes a step backwards, raising his hands to show no foul play.

Dead Captain Castiel nodded to the Olgog before him. If he wishes to speak then they shall speak. Its been a fine day for Warmonger, much blood was spilled, some even in his name. He motions for his dead to start scanning the hills for pit mongrels and obviously ignore kol gol.

“Civil, yes I always do enjoy civility.” The dead captain said with a smirk, " Can I ask, why did you attack me? To my knowledge my unit has done no harm to your tribe."

Kolgol smiled amiably, and clasped his hands behind his back.

“My men had implicit orders to avoid combat and not to attack without meeting our allies. It is true, we have had no problems in the past, and I must say, I hope we do not in the future, assuming you don’t vaporize me right now. My men and I came here not to kill yours, but more to support our allies who we currently need to further our goals. The Lur Union as we are called, strives to unite the land, and apparently someone believes that we need a crystal of some sort to help. To be honest, I couldn’t care less about whether we find it, but I had an obligation to be here. Don’t think of our presence here as an attack, think of it as a…formality.”

Mag Kalok Ka Gor stepped out from the sandy wastes, his poleaxe sheathed.
Two Fire spirits flanked him (summoned by his hidden scouts).
Another two Fire Spirits appeared between KolGol and the Dead.

Mag K says, “The Ka Gor Tribe extends its protection over the Tlalocalan Kolgol.
Torkol Captain if you harm even a single fur on his green head, you will not leave here without injury.
If you want to parlay we will parlay. But no trecherousness will be allowed”

The Dead Captain waved his hand. His dead soldiers lowered their weapons to a non-aggressive ready position. “Ah their you are. I was wondering if you would join us in conversation. I was hoping you would explain your fire gods intent in these lands. Specifically their intent for the other tribes. Be truthful please, I believe it will be enlightening for the representative of the Lur Union.”

Kolgol wiped a bead of sweat from his brow. He had been certain he would be reduced to a pile of ash by the guards when the fire spirits had appeared. Fortunately they seemed to have relaxed some now, and had at least lowered their weapons. Maybe he would walk away from this in one piece after all.

Mag Kalok Ka Gor stood up tall and proudly and resaid verbatim what his Elder had told him about their masters, “Our intention is clear, the Ka Gor’na made us better so we could destroy your kind Torkol.
Our masters protect the souls of the rightous so they may not be stolen by the MagMag Gor which the Torkol serve. Our Masters are misunderstood because MagMag Gor has turned all the distant shores against the Eternal Ka Gor’na.”

Kolgol listened quietly as Mag Kalok spoke, then turned to him. “You believe you are superior to these…Torkol, so you fight them. I see no shame in that, as we of Ka’Rhug hold similar values. And I take it then, good captain, that you fight back in self defense? Also honorable, if it is left at that. What I see however, is a conflict that should not, perhaps cannot be resolved by open warfare. Although I’d be the first to volunteer to go split some skulls on the battlefield, this issue appears to be more…escalated. Perhaps a subtler approach could be taken. Why not start here? Lets just walk away from this and speak no more of it. There are far worse beings that deserve our blades before our own kind. Let us end the hostility and fight side by side, as we were meant to.”

"A heroic sentiment,"replied Mag Kalok Ka Gor, “But how do we know the Torkol will not shoot us in the back, steal our bodies and sell our souls to MagMag Gor?”

Kolgol smiled grimly and shifted himself off to the left of the dead soldiers.

“Indeed how do we know? I do not know these gentlegogs very well, but I do know that it is impossible to know what someone will or will not do unless you give them a chance. And it is also true that I know even less about this MagMag Gor, but I am sure he could be reasonable given a chance”

Kolgol loosened the clothing around his neck, and wiped the sweat from his brow. He felt as third wheel to this party, and his answers did less and little to reason with the two groups. It was evident however, that each was not fond of the opposing group, but then again, Castiel had yet to blast him off the rock, and Kalok had professed himself that he was here to protect him. He turned to Castiel and said,

“Honorable Captain, would it be possible to save this fight for a later date? I believe we all have matters that need…attending to, and I am eager to return to my people. This has been quite fun, but I really must be off.”

((Sorry but is there a conclusion to this thread? I hate to leave things unfinished…))