The Ceremony of the Steed of St. Dugari (North of Unen in Johsnport, TSGL3 Week 1)

The Steed of St. Dugari Ceremony

Nelios Daph-Tangnon Elorios stood before the assembled crowd. He could feel the sweat on his brow as he waited, an uncommon feeling for him. He did a quick self assessment. Was he injured? Was his emotional state compromised? No, he was ready for the ceremony, it was something else.
He checked his ceremonial armor and robes a third time. They looked good. He looked good. So why was he so worried.

Then he realized it. The Olgogs would probably have heard about Inquisitor Siedermann’s speech and how he characterized their species. Since his “Love Hina” time, Nelios had a newfound understanding of the creatures his people called the Goblins. Oh they were strange, and they were alien, but they were more human than he expected them to be.

The Noble Elorios family had utilized the footsteps of Johnsport Chapel for generations for the Festival of the Steed of St. Dugari. It was a celebration of the finest warhorses, finest wardogs, and finest warhawks in the employ of the Knights of Dunesphere.

Every hour Hovertrucks from Dunesphere would take upper crust citizens across the water from Dunesphere to the peninsula of man. Past the now glowing signs for the Sierra Mada in Bartsport, and then onward to Johnsport.

It was normally a few hundred humans and their pets, but with the word of the possibility of the Lucky Fate Gang, the Masked Olgog, the Glog, and the Infamous Olgog all being there. Normally even seeking to fraternize with Olgogs would lead to censure and possible execution.
The crowds were growing, and not even a single of the “heroic Goblins” had arrived, and Nelios Daph-Tangnon Elorios wondered how the crowd would react if none of the “heroic animals” who saved Dunesphere showed up here.

The rooftops were patrolled by Church of One Inquisitors serving under Lord Siedermann, and Nelios hoped that if a riot broke out due to no special guests, they would be able to handle it.

A lone rider could be seen on horse back making his way towards Johnsport. The rider was over seven feet tall and wore a set of full body bronze plate armor. The only visible weapon being the bow hanging from his shoulder. He rode to the stage where he dis mounted.

Making sure only Nelios could hear him “Just be greatful my mate made this armor, or I would have been hunting right now.”

Keeping his helm, thus his mask, in place Glog watched all around him. He did not like Oners, and not having his earring or his ring made his unease all the worse.

Nelios offered him food and drink and said, “Thank you for coming. We will wait a bit to see if the other heroic ones are coming. If they don’t come we will begin the ceremony shortly.”

Godart in yellow sunglasses, red duster trench coat and monkey ears:
"Yeah, lets wait a little while. It’s almost Friday 3:00pm and my stuff is running late. Hey, I need you guys to move a little to the left. Say, ten feet if you want to preserver your hearing. Thanks. Great spread you got here Nelios.”

“Cool mask and horse there… Masked Olgog? Godart, nice to meet you. Your horse doesn’t get piss by loud noises, right?”

Nelios brightened a bit at the mention of Godart bringing other Olgogs. The ceremony might be a success after all.
He replied, “Welcome welcome. Unfortunately the Masked Olgog has not yet come to our event. But this is the honored Glog, I believe he works for a group known as the Or Lur tribe. Glog meet Godart, Godart meet Glog.”

Nelios made the arrangements so Godart could have the space he requested.

Godart lowers his glasses in awe!

“Glog? Sweet, you’re the superhero… the olgog the Batman and Naked Snake wish they could be!”

Glog raised an eyebrow at the strange gogs references.

“I do not know what any of those things are , but I am an warrior who tries to find a way to end bloodshed peacefully. Though I will admit to failing, as is part of being mortal.”

“That’s ok. Most likely you didn’t have a weird, old earther Iron Republic entertainment SAT drop from the sky near you at some point in your life, get stuck with your friends in another universe then forget about it and/or went to college to help curb your monologuing but instead joined an AV club.”

The gog with glasses on his head looked confused.

“Huh… where did that memory of another universe come from? Anyhow I wonder who this St. Dugari was and his steed? Was his steed a Quadruped? They make me uneasy because I this urge to sing and dance around them.”, joked Godart.

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch (Eiffel 65 Instrumental) minus the first 10 seconds no words all instrumental

A serious look crosses Godart’s face, “It’s ready.”

“Cameras, Lights and Action!”

Godart slaps yellow glasses onto his face and adjusts his monkey ears. He steps up with a mic.

“Johnsport, Dunesphere and Church of Oners! We are the LUCKY FATE SQUAD! Love and Peace. We are here to bring a air quote Prologue The Love the Rises from Down on Low! end air quote to you brave people! Gear and cameras on loan from some nice pregnant Earther lady with a husband with a wild Dusker kick. She said he wouldn’t miss and it was just taking up space – thanks Buffy! Hit it!”

Two 20 foot loud speakers burst though the ground flaking the bottom of steps. White smoke explodes and members of the Lucky Fate Squad appear dressed in colorful outfits (weebo to otuka) wearing monkey ears and tails. They dance the Kage Kara Mamoru Banana Dance to the Caramell Dans Dance to Hamtaro Hamster Dance in turn to the music. Godart shuffles up the steps as he feels the music.

“Sweat baby sweat baby peace is a Refuge drought
Me and you do the kind of stuff that Warmonger only would only smile about
So let’s put our weapons down my on the ground and I’ll bet you’ll feel proud
Yes I’m Olgog, yes you’re Earther and we’re getting two thumbs up
We’ve had enough of wars endless touch and we want to stop it now
I want you to look around want you safe like my Lucky Fate hashbrowns
Come with us quicker than speeding rocket never reaching an apex over Refuge
If incline let us help you change the world for the better just like Daylight Savings Time”

“Do it now – raise your hands in the air Oners
You and me baby ain’t nothin’ but people
So let’s fight for peace like we mean it on Refuge
Do it again now – party like it’s 999 AR
Gettin’ Dark now”

Suddenly, the speakers catch on fire as the music plays.

“Fire, the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket
Like the lost catacombs of Mag Buskt only Lutor knows where he abandon them
UTR? Let me be specific I wanna you to be careful of those dudes in the thicket
But I got this notion they ain’t so bad as long as Lalder is not puking in a bag
So if yo capsize on your boat on the Unen coast, just remember my spaceship can still make toast
Please look me up like as I’m Mister Coffee with an automatic non-leyas drip
So show me trust I’ll show you trust and we’ll get along better for while
And then we’ll get together so we can both fight the Evil Nightmare Powers with style”

Seeing the fire, the gang use fire extinguishers on the speakers to finally put out the fire. It’s super effective.

“Do it now – all part of the show
Do it again now – sorry Buffy
Gettin’ Dark now”

The 20 foot speakers collapse into themselves. The Olgog in the red trench coat and yellow glasses drops the mic and puts the fire out on his tail.

“Now everyone join along now… Love and Peace!”, shouts the gog.

Olgog the Olgog (Shield)

It was a simple trick, to appear out of nowhere. Especially when there is a song and dance show going on. Hell, I could walk through it, avoiding the people and no one would be the wiser. A simple trick, but one that would impress pretty much anyone on this place.

Walking up calmly and silently, mostly behind the act, he would appear next to the other “honorary members”.

To the crowd, nothing could seem more impressive. The imfamous olgog appearing was one thing, but wearing heavily modified plate mail was another. The sun gleaming off the armour created an almost angelic glow to the causual observer. The form fitting armour look pristine on the 7.5 ft olgog, and the additions of the 7 ft tower shields attached to the shoulder plates framed OtO against the horizon.

When the crowd stopped clapping from the performance, he would wave to the crowd with his arm high up. The tower shields would appear to mimic wings , adding a flourish to his wave that none could compete with.

OOC:Narrarator approved sending this OtO

The crowd was simply stunned by the performance. In Dunesphere, much of the Colonial and off-world Iron Republic Holonet signals were jammed. Locals could not witness performances with speakers and pyrotechnics (even if some of the pyrotechnics were unplanned) so this was a completely new experience for them.
Maydarak Hitchen, a representative of the council of cardinals, immediately leaned over to Nelios and said to the befuddled master of ceremonies, “God himself could not have put together a more impressive array of trained monkeys…er…Goblins…er…whatever we are supposed to call them these days. You deserve a promotion Nelios. I know your family has run the Festival of the Steed of St.Dugari every year since Pope Cristos Dugari, may he be ever blessed, rode out to meet the Goblins of Tla’loc’al and was saved from demons by his blessed Steed.
But this year’s ceremony puts all the other Saints Day Ceremonies to shame.”

At that moment the clapping had stopped, and an Olgog wearing some armor was inches away from Nelios and Madarak. Nelios could see the laser markers that now dotted the armored Olgog. All from high powered rifles, laser weapons, and railguns pointed at what could be an unexpected threat.

Madarak muttered, “Some sort of ruse by the Goblins to get a mockery of one of our knights on stage? What is this Nelios? I’m tempted to give the order myself to shoot that offense.”

But then the Olgog in the armor raised his arms, reflecting light down upon the crowd and across johnsport. When the light stuck some of the Salt water fountains in Johnsport, it sent flickering rainbows across the crowd. There were oos and ahhs, as the light and the rainbows danced across the assembled like a further light show.

Nelios put a hand on Madarak’s shoulder and said, “No mockery sir, just the animals attempt to emulate their master race. I will speak to them about it later, so they know the Church does not tolerate anyone mocking their knights. Though I suspect this attempt was more in the line of performance.”

Maydarak whispered, “See that you do, Nelios…no more knight’s armor with Goblins scampering around in them. But despite that, I am going to suggest to you be awarded the title of Grand Master of Ceremonies for all Saints days. What do you say, old bean?”

Nelios was now stuck, he had little desire to be in the spotlight in Dunesphere. More attention meant more Inquisitors sticking their noses in his business. Then again he had the personal writ of protection from their new tinpot dictator Lord Siedermann to keep the Witchfinders and Paladins off his back.
He looked at Maydarak, and knew he couldn’t say no if he wanted.

“Thank you for your kind gesture, sir.” Nelios replied, “I live to serve…and speaking of which after a performance like that, I believe it time to begin the awards ceremony.”

He bowed to the Cardinal, and Nelios walked up to the podium.

Nelios Daph-Tangnon Elorios picked up the mic and said, "Thank you for that wonderful performance. As I am sure many in the crowd can see, these fine local animals are the epitome of what the Steed of St. Dugari festival represents. When a non-human animal gives its all to help, protect, and even entertain the humans around him, then that animal deserves special recognition.

We have all had to deal with unruly dogs, or have the break an especially willful horse, so we know how challenging it can be to achieve such effective results. But these specific animals are so good to us, so obviously blessed by God’s wish for them to serve humans, that they are deserving of something truly special."

There boxes containing some kind of very high quality chain and banded armor were brought forth by squires. Behind them the squires carried what looked like curtains and rods and bars to hang the curtains.

Each box was set equidistant apart on the stage and behind each was set up a small curtain made of white linens. Each curtain was clearly labelled the dressing area by a small sign in Earther.

Nelios continued,

"People of Johnsport and visitors from Dunesphere. We begin this ceremony of the Steed of St. Dugari as we do each year with a recounting of the Blessed Steed.

So it was at the height of our most holy crusade against the Goblins in the formative years of our holy Church of One, that the brave Pope Cristos Dugari led an army south to handle the most evil Goblins. The Goblins were hiding in caves. Caves so foul they were known as the Caves of those who steal flesh and water. They had made deals with dark monsters like the Krato and used evil sorcery at every turn.

The Goblins were so evil back then, that when one of their pups was blessed enough by God to be protected from sorcery, they would let it die of exposure."

A hush fell over the crowd as it often did during these moments of the story.

"Pope Cristos was a truly holy man. He was blessed by god to survive every battle he faced. He was blessed by human technology to live for hundreds of years as only the most rightous servants of God can be trusted to do. And so the Pope Cristos led our brave forefathers against the Goblins. They redeemed the Port of Unen and turned it from coves of canoes and demon-worshipping Goblins into the true docks that even survive to this day.

They built a beautiful city in the rocky deserts of Brez that could not be destroyed despite the foul Goblins efforts. And if you take a caravan to Chooru today, you could hop on a Hovertrain that could take you to Brez and you would see that Humans build things to last."

Nelios cleared his throat and took a sip of his beverage. He continued, "And Pope Cristos had the brave human engineers repurpose the oasis of Karov and its nature springs to water a city of countless humans.

All was sweetness in this world, but the Sorcerers and Demon Hosts of the Caves who steal Flesh and Water would not let the humans be at peace in their cities.

Those Goblins went insurgent and set bombs, burned homes, and unleashed dark sorceries on the innocent humans of Dunesphere, Unen, Brez and Karov. And Cristos knew his people needed God’s protection."

"The Goblins of Tla’loc’al met the Pope and his knights formidably. While Pope Dugari had but one hundred thousand knights and their squires, the Goblins had hungry Giants and flesh eating dwarfs among them.

These days it is said the battle was an impossible one, that there was no way the Pope’s siege would have taken the miles of caves the Goblins held. But an honorable battle was not meant to be. Instead as the dwarfs and giants withdrew from the Goblins’ side, and the Knights felt victory might just be available to them, there was a true monster who stepped from the caves of Tla’loc’al. He will always be known as the Terror of Dunesphere. Born from the corrupt womb of an evil elf queen and her disgraced bodyguard, the Terror had blasphemed and dared to drink from the Blood Cup, so sacred a vessel.

And God cursed this elf so that the sun would burn his flesh, and that food and water alone would not sustain him. Instead of laying down to die and accept god’s curse, this monster once prowled the streets of Dunesphere. It is said, he would attack Knights in their sleep, and savage their wives while they were forced to watch. Truly a dispicable creature, who had tried to break the will of Pope Cristos by doing a similar act years before.

All at that time knew the legend of Howling Mountain and how the Terror had been sealed away there by the Bishops and the Knights of Old on orders from the Pope himself. But somehow, maybe by the hand o Lucifer himself, the Terror had been brought back by the Goblins for just this battle. And he was older, stronger, armored and had the great horns of a devil."

"And at the Terror’s side was one of the despicable alien warlords from the Northern Kingdoms. A monsterous and sorcerous Gnome who would decide the fate of the battle.

For the Terror of Dunesphere challenged the wise and holy Pope Cristos to combat. And to protect his knights from the giants and the hungry dwarfs, Cristos met the Terror with his sword on foot.

Sword clashed against the monster’s claws, but the devil had given the Terror great power so that he was able to wrestle the blessed sword from the Pope’s right hand. But God was merciful, and the Terror landed Blow after Blow but did not kill Pope Cristos. And God was kind and made the holy sword of Cristos burn the hands of the Gnome, and he had to throw it away instead of using it to kill the Pope. And God was just, because at that moment the Steed of the Pope rushed to its master’s side, and pulled him onto its saddle, and began to glow with God’s holy light so none could see the Pope on its back as it rushed him to safety.
Had the Pope fallen in that battle, only the devil knows what would have happened to this planet and our beloved Church.
But instead his faithful steed sensed the hand of Satan in the battle, and pulled its master to safety, defying the claws and fear of the Terror of Dunesphere."

Nelios leaned down quickly and whispered to Godart, Glog and OtO, “You should get dressed into the ceremonial armor now.”

[Post one line saying if yes the character does put on the armor, or no does not.
Your character will have to take off any current armor to put this one one.
There are no traps in the armor, nor tracking devices]

Glog looked Nelios in the eye, letting his irritation and anger to show, and made no move to put on any armor other then what he wore.

The Lucky Fate Squad puts their gang “WORLD TRIAD OVER A FOUR LEAF CLOVER” standard over the “gift armor” as they wear the monkey ears and tail.

Olgog the Olgog (Shield)

OtO would wear the armour, no tricks, no additions, as expected by the church of one at this time (after all, this was more of a recon mission than anything else for him)

As OtO stepped out he was covered head to toe in the finest of Plate and Chainmail Barding. It clasped comfortably over his body but it was obviously modified from Horse Armor to fit his massive frame.

Nelios gave a deathly look at Glog, but said nothing. He smirked at the Monkeys as they carried off their armor. Having the crowd of the Lucky Fate in their monkey ears and tails was enough to placate the crowd.

Moving OtO to the front in his resplendent armor Nelios led the procession through the town. Children beat drums made ironically from horse-skin.

The Procession ended at the city limits where the Olgog heroes road off into the desert on fine horses provided by the ceremony promoters.

[Olgog the Olgog gains Visual Recognition. When wearing his Steed of St. Dugari Armor he may pass unmolested through all common areas and public areas in Dunesphere and its satellite townships like Johnsport.

Glog, OtO , and Godart gain one set of the Steed of St. Dugari Horse Armor. This armor has the following stats.

Melee 9
Missile 4
Energy 3
Chill 2
WT-5
Charisma counts as a Max 2 for social situations due to Horse face of horse armor.
Optional Cloak is artificed with Hold Life and Life Shield at 5 successes. Optional saddle artificed with Nightmare Ward at 5 Successes.

The Lucky Fate Squad gains successful negotiations with Nelios. ]