Seeking Training in Melee Weapons? Join me on the beach of Unen!

–Advert Carried by traveling Merchants–
Learn from one of the most infamous assassins from across the distant shores, locally on the beautiful beaches of North Unen. Only those who show up and pay will be allowed to stay and meet the trainer.

Will train Olgogs in combat against the Church of One, give tactics to handle their different types of forces, and against Warmonger’s Dead.

Payment to be given upfront.

Payments accepted: Armorfiend Hide, Krato Bone Weapons, Wooden Artifacts, Vegetables and Fruits, Mak Hoblok (not hides or meat, just a riding beast).

Cursed Beings and Servants of the Ancient Evils not welcome.

The sun painted the sky in red and orange at sunup. It was one of Rogarth’s favorite times of day, though he was only up this early when he was working. The beams of light were killing Nightmares all around them, which brought some deep deep joy to Daemonsbane’s dark alter ego, always hiding behind his eyes.

Daemonsbane had always hated Nightmares, and his alter ego Rogarth shared this intense dislike.

He had a pile of wooden swords, wooden spears and wooden morningstars, and was preparing for the people who may or may not show.

He remembered back to when he used to run training sessions for the Druid’s Council’s Balancers on the prison dimension of Les’tas’tral. All those eager young soldiers. The Daemonsbane lost this home just as Rogarth did when it was destroyed at the end of the GodsWar by Warmonger’s Battle-barge Warship.

Now it was a new start under a bright sun, a blue sky, and white fluffy clouds. The waves lapped gently on the shore as he swung the twelve foot long wooden two handed sword in precise strikes. His strikes brought enough force to cause lines to form in the sand in the direction he swung.

Days of training along ended in a night of strange fortune.
Some Ka Gor tribal olgogs had come to learn how to fight against their own masters the Quall Hives.

Rogarth wondered if it was a trick, but prepared anyway. He set out ten pikes with soft practice heads made of leafy material.

“Come here, form two lines, tall in back and short in front. And place your payment in the sand under the Binber tree.”

The Ka Gor tribals brought with them the spears and placed them down for the powerful Cambion assassin.
Each pit mongrel took up a position as directed by the huge blue skinned master at arms.

The juveniles lifted their practice spears with a flourish. The older tribals simply lifted the spears and waited.

“Ranged weapons like bows and arrows, hurled spears, and even firearms are useless against the Quall N’drone. Their fiery leyas shields will melt most projectiles as well,” said Rogarth slowly, “A good reinforced metal spear will do you better.
Brace yourself to take their charge. Each soldier focuses their spear tip at the Qualls central mass. Soldiers aim into groups of four per Quall. The fifth spearman will take their hits in case the Quall decide to attack from afar with Leyas.
Protective Auras should be raised through constant weaving of Fire Leyas into defensive shields. Anything flamable should not be worn.”

"Why does a thrown spear melt but a stabbing spear work? " asked one of the juveniles.

“I suspect it is because a Quall’s fiery shield covers both them and their gear. This means when you are touching them you are like a piece of gear. You won’t benefit from their shield but you will be inside it. Or at least your pike tip will be inside his shield,” said Rogarth guessing, “Or maybe its because their Leyas shields are triggered by their fear response. When they charge they feel no fear so…
Then again I really don’t know, just years of field tests.
If you can catch a single Quall on four reinforced pikemen on a counter charge you have a dead Quall.”.

"How do we counter their mastery of Fire Leyas? Even if we put up a Protective Aura by weaving the Leyas around us they can smash through it no matter how powerful of will we may be.

What should we do tactically to address the aerial support of the Flayers? How do we stop them from picking up our tribals and dropping from high up?

How should we address the matter of the threat of the Fire Walls and other attacks that will possibly disrupt our formation?" The tribals asked in rapid succession.

(during earlier weeks)

“Here is where things get a bit more complicated,” said Rogarth, not sure if he should be sharing this information but knowing the Quall could have told them before if they wanted, “Certain extremely powerful artifacts can shatter their shields, but that wont stop their other abilities. The only sure way of guaranteeing your defense and their death is having something that can nullify their attacks. Shooting them with an injection dart filled with annihilator blood will stop them from being able to call upon the Leyas but it is rare and expensive. Less rare but still expensive is Zela metal. A buckler or shield of zela metal will stop all Leyas from striking you.
If you need to call on the Leyas you will have to mount the zela metal on nightmare or kuliek hide to seperate you from the zela. The reason nightmare and kuliek hide works is that the skin, hide and bone of these beings are made from the Leyas. But then you have to actually aim the shield to catch the Leyas attack and let me tell you how hard that is when its a solar flare coming down on your head the size of a Mak Hoblok’s rear.”

He thought back to catching the attacks of the Quall N’drone using the blade of the Daemonsbane sword. It had taken him years of research to learn that the weapon was his stillbourne twin. The blade was a sentient and powerful living weapon able to cut through all materials with ease except for metal. It deeply disliked the taste of metal.

Unlike Rogarth, his brother-blade fully reveled in the service of the Warmonger. The Daemonsbane sword fell and fell hard, and when it first died in the womb of the Da’uhnb Queen its spirit was ensnared by the Warmonger. The beast wrapped his scales in pieces of the innocent soul, and these paradox copies of the Daemonsbane sword became his weapon of choice.

But Rogarth knew the truth, that the true blade, the body that had survived was now bourn by a new bearer, a hero in the north known as Exorcist Captain Raven.

But one day these pit mongrels might face one of those Paradox copies in the hands of an Avatar of Warmonger, and he feared how it would turn out.

“There are a few other materials including the flesh of K’ias and their children that can be forged into weapons that can serve many of these purposes but I warn you,” said Rogarth, “Facing a single K’ias could devastate your entire tribe. A gang would end you. Keep away from K’ias.”

Rogarth was known for being a warrior of many skills, so it when he suddenly paused during his discussion of k’ias, it was undoubtedly for a specific reason. He used all of his honed skills to understand the situation at hand. At this moments, something was afoot and he sensed a familiar presence. There war a certain change in the air and an odd musky smell, the type of thing that drove domesticated animals crazy with fear. Out in his peripheral vision, he noticed a strange large beast like creature passing between shadows. For anyone else, they would be preparing for an attack, but Rogarth knew better. He approached the crest of the nearest dune, and just before peering over the top Rogarth said “Hello Scout.”

Scout had no intention of sneaking up on the party on the beach, it had just become the easiest way of travel. He was not looking to startle anyone, so another moment passed and then approached Scout in all his glory. He wore a fine three piece suit: jacket with tails, short trousers and vest , fingerless thieves gloves, pouch at one side, ornate short sword at the other side, black cloak with yellow interior while straightening his tie. He looked a tad sheepish being “caught” by Rogarth, but nevertheless Scout was his charming self as he said “Hey Rogarth. Hey all, sorry to interupt. So what was that about k’ias?”

“Hello Scout good to see you,” said Rogarth, "Scout these are some pupils who have come to train with me from the Ka Gor tribe.
Let me ask them if they mind you sitting in. They did pay for the training session.

Ka Gor tribals do you mind if this little bastard joins us?"

The Ka Gor tribals had already learned more than what was taught by the Ka Gor’na. They said “Bastard okay.”

“Hey thanks guys,” Scout said as he looked over at the members of the Ka Gor Tribe, then wondered if he was in their line of sight. Even more, Scout wondered how they actually saw. Scout was often easily distracted by oddities such as this. He knew saying something would be rude, but he would remember to as his friends about it when he saw them next. Surely, Lurlock or the Ranger would have some answers to his questions. Trying not to stare, and get himself into trouble be did the next best thing by turning his attention to Rogartt, “Well I wouldn’t just want to interrupt and then not pay for something. I maybe a Bastard, but I have learned some manners along the way, especially after traveling with Forge. Now that guy is a slob, but don’t tell him that. He usually has has leftovers from the last few meals caught in his beard, and it’s never a meal until he spills something on himself. Anyways, I am pretty sure I have something on me that I could use to pay as well.” He pulled the draw string to the pouch at his side and the mouth of the pouch opened wide. From there, he reached into the pouch and pulled out a large sheet of the doomwyrm dragon scales. “Would this be alright for payment?”

Ser Resugent arrived with a group of six Paladins. He would walk up to the Blue Giant and say. " I hear that you are willing to train individuals to fight the Church of One and Warmonger’s Dead. My men and I would like to receive your training. I have some carrots and cabbage grown from our farm, We don’t have a lot to give due to the scarcity of food around these parts but we will offer it. Also we offer lodgings in one of our new settlements perhaps the town of Hebron? It is small but you would be welcome and be given free lodgings."

Resugent and his soldiers would stand respectfully waiting for Rogarths answer.

Rogarth would have automatically replied, "It is my pleasure to do so.

First you must defend against the dreaded charge by horse."

He repeated the lesson he taught the Ka Gor about offsetting a charge but altered their tactics and movement to account for the horse’s rider.

Then he said, “Do not let exhaustion steal you breath yet. Now you will have to learn to avoid the dreaded Church of One Artillery. You must move as skirmishers in small groups, but spread out.”

He began to train them in the concepts of fields of fire, and small unit tactics.