On the Deck of the Kalok Fraytur

On the Deck of the Kalok Fraytur, the airship of the Vampyrs of the Kul’Gul Rapi Clan. They live a Bruskti lifestyle (what Olgogs in Unen call living a life as a vampyr in the style of Mag Buskt).

On the deck of the freighter is the Auf Ur’sa Ur’tla’rapi, a very unwilling hostage who is holding back her vampyr captors with light leyas.

[Currently here are the Auf of Ol’Lur, Glog of Or’Lur, Kul’Gul Rapi tribe. All others must have their permission to be here for this conversation.
Once the matter of Auf Ur’sa is resolved, only the Kul’Gul Rapi tribe and those they invite may set foot on the Kalok Fraytur airship. If battle is intiated it will cause the creation of a mission, but players are encouraged to find a diplomatic solution first for an added reward]

Mama rappigog walked out onto the deck of the Kalok Fraytur. The mission had cost her family and now this was the repayment. The other tribes had made their way to the deck as well. “Auf, we no mean you da harm. I know the Bruskti put da fear in most, but da Bruskti are the only ones that come as a tribe to save you.”

She looked at the Auf of Ol’Lur, Glog of Or’Lur through shielded eyes, “Why didn’t your tribes come hmmm? Why is it the Bruskti are the only ones who put og’gog (The tribes full strength) to this?”

“I tell you why honored Auf, because they don’t need you. They have big tla in Tla’Loc’al, In Karov the gog have da oasis. The rest of us Pssha! We left to die. Auf join us we need the Tla, many other do to.”

The Auf of Ol’Lur nodded to Glog who looked at him and watched the Vampyr cautiously.
Glog of the Or’Lur Tribe said " We felt that our og’gog would be waisted when we could work on getting ready for the cold season. If you need tla we are willing to make trade agreements but we can not just give without getting in return."

Glog’s face stayed blank the whole time he talked, his arms crossed over his chest, hands away from his weapons.

“We do not seek a fight with other Gog, we only want to end the Gor of all gogs. Auf Ur’sa should be free to do as she wishes, not be enslaved and torrtured. Free her and we will give you a seasons worth of water.”
(OoC: Lalder is invited, and Ol’Lur had permission to use Glog for one mission due to my lack of an account at the time)

“That be da problem!” Mama Rapigog noted pointing at Glog. “Before I was family I be Auf daughter, mama tells me about back before the hairless come, back when da gog be one nation of tribes. They used to call friends Tla’gog. It be law, it be da law! That you meet someone traveling der’al, they no have tla or mak, you have to share, dis be da way of the gog.”

“No more though, now if you have tla or mak you have power.” Mama Rapigog paused, “Auf you want to help gog, teach them to help themselves we help you do that, we protect you, we have kalok Fraytur, we take you to all the tribes. We make sure every tribe has Tla, that Tla isn’t da money of the gog.”

“No trade for Tla or Mak, that be barabaric, that be Dargor deal. If the other tribes want to help all gog then you do without da deals and the bargains.” Mama Rapigog stared them down. “We go back to Unen now, we get kag and bring it to the Ka Tor tribe. They need da Mak and the Tla, we want Auf to come with us. Teach da family how to make Tla, teach the Ka’Tor to make Tla. Then we go teach other tribes to make Tla.”

“If da honorable Auf doesn’t want gog to have Tla then she go with other tribes that hoard it, use it to put down other gog. If she wants all tribes to have Tla, all families be equal then we go wherever she say we go.”

Glog nodded seeing the reason in such words. “If she wishes to travel then perhaps each tribe should give a warrior to help protect her. One who has given up 'al to help Auf Ur’sa spread the water so none are without.”
Glog looks Mama Rapigog in the eye, nothing but honesty in his own.
“This would of course help but it will not get rid of all the differences caused by the outsiders. It is these differences that we are trying to get everyone to over look. maybe one day but for now the issue is, what does Auf Ur’sa want?”
As Glog finishes he looks to Auf Ur’sa for an answer.

Mama Rapi’gog nodded and looked to Auf ur’sa, “It be a fine ting if we all help guard you honorable Auf. What you say?”

The Auf was very pleased with the way this was going. Working things out was always his preferred method. Glog’s words and non-aggressive behavior greatly impressed The Auf, who thought that he would have to hold the Tor’og back. The idea of multiple tribes sending a personal guard for Auf Ur’sa sounded like a great idea. The Kalokgog produced a number of obsidian rings from a pocket and, concentrating, turned them into artifacts that were linked; alerting wearers of any danger another wearer might be in.

The Auf offered the rings to the group, to give to their chosen protectors, planning to make more rings when he had the chance for other tribes. The whole situation pleased him, as it apeared to be helping along the unification of the Olgog tribes.

Auf Ur’Sa Ur’tla’Rapi was of a long line of adepts who had focused on the powers of Water and Light. She never had the power of fire that her aunt Ur’sa’na Ol’ragha had mastered. A long time ago, Ur’sa’na had dissappeared, and even the greatest Hobgogs could not find her. It was they who told Auf Ur’sa that it could only mean that Ur’sa’na had left Der’al or been taken to another Der’al.

Auf Ur’sa had wandered for a long time trying to find any sign of her aunt, who the Earthers of Dunesphere mocked as the Bear Woman. And in her wandering she had seen the kindness of many and learned that giving was the true nature of Ol.

She considered the evil being before her, Mama Rapi Gog, a Vampyr whose aura spoke of dark dark feedings.
And yet to deny even their kind water would be a crime against the moral code her aunt had instilled in her as a cub. She used to say “Ragha is kind and cares for all, even their enemy. BUT Ragha has nothing but claws for those who harm cubs.”

Auf Ur’sa finally spoke, “I will accept one brave Olgog from each tribe that wishes to travel with me. We will visit each tribe that needs water and assess how they treat their animals, their children and their prisoners.
Only then will I make my final decision.
Those who travel with me must not harm others except in self defense, that includes feeding.
But those that travel with me will learn the blessing of Tla’or, the blessing of water in the desert.”

“Since we ride the Kalok Fraytor I ask that we travel to Unen first where salt is as plentiful as water.”
“Or’Lur, Kul Rapi, and Ol’Lur must each introduce me to their candidate. Then when we reach Unen word must be sent to the other tribes. Mama Rapi Gog will you allow the candidates of other tribes aboard this ship?”

Mama Rapigog shook her head, “This ting you ask Auf, it is like asking any other gog not to drink Tla on the journey. The Bruskti are cursed to seek others fear, or take others things. It is like tla for us.” She paused, “What have you? hmm the warrior I send slowly starve until he goes mad with the thirst for fear?”

“It that be the case, every tribe and da family will also send a youth. They get scared in the night, they create the Dargor, my warrior feed off that.”

“No. I can over look your people feeding on fear on the battle feild, but when you use children to feed your hunger you cross the line. No children shall be sent to your family.”

Glogs hand slowly reached for his ax. He hoped not to need it but they were getting too close to performing the most evil thing a being could do.

“You mean tell mama, say mama you can feed off da fear when people dying, but tell da childrens a ghost story and then feed on that fear, this is evil?” Mama Rapigog was honestly confused. “Do children in you tribe not scare each other with stories of da monsters and da spirits?”

The Auf looked around nervously. Things seemed to start becoming more tense. Not the right aire for peaceful negotiations.
On the one hand, he disliked the idea of vampyrs feeding off the fear of children, and putting the youths in any sort of danger in the first place.
On the other hand, their fear would most likely be created under controlled circumstances and at moderated intervals. And as long as no actual harm came to the youths, The Auf reasoned that he could deal with it.

The Auf placed a hand on Glog’s arm and looking to Mama Rapigog said, “Forgive.” Still gesturing at Glog, “Assumed feeding cruely; torturing youth.” He released Glog’s arm, giving him a warning glance, then continued, “One protector. One youth. No harm.” (OOC: To clarify, one youth per vampyr (or whatever would be neccessary to sustain them) and no harm coming to them while feeding. Also, preferably only creating their fear through methods similar to the ghost stories mentioned above, and above all; keeping them safe.)

His only hesitation was the thought of sending youths along with Auf Ur’sa’s protectors. Protectors were intended to protect from danger, but that would mean putting a youth in potential danger. If something were to happen to them, The Auf would likely never forgive himself. He said finally to Mama Rapigog, “Deal?”

Mama Rapigog nodded, “You tink the fear of those threatened is the deepest fear you have. That tink common, if that be, then why do youths spawn the Dargor more than the gog?”

“Da fear of da dying, its tainted with there pain and loss.” Mama rapigog went on, “You tell da child about the monsters you seen or you heard of, that fear is pure, no pain, no loss, just fear of the noises in the night. All tribes can tell da stories. Tink of your biggest foe, I bet you describe it it scare da youth. If da victory is great the enemy must also be great and terrible.”

“Also it give the opportunity for dee honorable Auf Ur’sa to teach the youth her ways before they get og’headed in the tribes ways.” Mama Rapigog noted. Part of her willingness to have youth accompany the protectors was born from her tribes ways. During the assault on Jamesville the entire family went on the ship. When the airship lifted off to leave the children lined the port holes to see what the sky pirates of Bruskt would do. She also felt it was more an honor guard than a true protection detail. Few tribes would reject the water bringer and the hairless ones would need to know where they were heading to finding the small nomadic group.

(OOC: Yeah no harm to the kids was looking for the peaceful solution to feed one Vampyr. Reruns of “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” seemed like a great way, plus could open up some pretty epic RP opportunities should we decide to actually tell the stories)

“So long as no harm comes to the young ones this is agree able.”
Glog took his hand off the axe.
“So it is agreed that each tribe sends a warrior the protect Auf Ur’sa, who will give water based on her own judgment, a child will also be sent to help feed the vampyrs and to learn from the group not just Auf Ur’sa, who will taech at her own will. Shall the warriors and the young meet you at the bar owned by “The Auf”, Auf Ur’sa?”
Glog asked while fingering a stone that was sewn into the collar of his armor.

“The Auf” nodded in agreement. The bar in Unen, Tlana’ru, had recently gotten someone to manage it. Meeting there would be the perfect place to start the full group off. Each tribe’s protector could meet there peacefully, eliminating many territorial problems. All the Aufgog needed to do was wait for confirmation and agreement from the others present.

(OOC: Don’t know if we were waiting on me or Auf Ur’sa, but either way, this post should help finish up this mission. Everyone present is invited to the thread “An Auf walks into a bar”, just in case more negotiations are neccessary there. If not, well, you’re still invited! Drinks for all!)

–[Mission elements done, The Auf Ur’sa and the Retinue return to Unen to the bar where they begin their work with the Kul Gul Rapi Tribe. Auf Ur’sa has left along with all others except Kul Gul Rapi sailors.]–

On the Deck of the Kalok Fraytur continued.

There was a beautiful scintillating creature that has been following the airship for the past week. Everytime the crew attempted to get a good look at it, it disappeared into the cloudline. It seemed the green of a dragonfly, but it was hard to tell as it always kept the sun at its back as it approached.

Mama Rapigog heard the crews stories of the mysterious thing following them. At first she put no belief in them, when they took the Tla ship the sailors reported seeing kag’gog. People who were half fish, half olgog. this would be no different, sailors always see the fantastic where their was nothing at all.

This seemed no different. Finally she made a deal with them, they would fly to sun baked desert. They would keep tarps over the deck to protect the vampyrs and everyone would remained wrapped in cloth to keep their skin from being exposed. They would weigh anchor and wait their in the cloudless desert and see what they could see. if after a few days time they saw nothing the rumors would stay the stories you tell the young, not a thing to bring up to her at every meal.

Apparently as the dragon approached it was not just a story for the young.

The battle for the dragon has ended, now those involved may discuss the matter with Mama Rapigog.

The criminal elements from the colonies become in involved in the olgog tribes politics was certainly an unwelcome addition kincaid thought warily, wondering if drop a word into certain ears in VLAD would reduce their incursions in the future.