On the Border of Karov, In the Lands of the Der'al Collective (Intermission 2 Thread)

In the distance their binocs could pick out the Vanguard coming towards them. Twenty five armored giants carrying energy cannons. At their lead was a massive giant carrying a dangerous looking lance equal to the size of a ship’s mast.
Around his neck hung a small creature. At first they thought it was an amulet until it moved to adjust itself.
The creature hanging around the Giant’s neck had a humanoid torso with two clawed arms. Its face was alien with an elongated snout and sharp teeth. It had six tentacles extending from its lower half, each ending in a stinger that resembled a quall N’drone queen’s horn.
No one there had any idea what this creature was hanging like a pet from the Giant. But they did know the Yyan Giants were a dangerous bunch.

Godart and OtO, Trail Boss Jaime, Blake Arlash, and Zh Hob’Rhug of the Yagogi wandered back from where they had been spying on the marching giants.

“Let’s see… yeah… looks like an even match accounting for any defense bonus we can muster. Running is going to get us killed and fighting is going to get us and them killed.”

The young olgog gave a little grin as a sparkle twinkled in his eyes.

“I want to know what they want before anyone decides to light a rocket.”

Olgog the Olgog

Quickly he made a radio call, and in short time it was over

I made a phone call, I have some friends on the way. They are going to bring me my power armour. They know how to fight and will have power armour themselves, well, two of them at least. I request 10 bruski warriors to join us, they should arrive with my friends.

The creature on the yyans neck should be taken, but be careful. We don’t know what its natural abilities are.

This is not hard to beat them, it just takes a little planning. We would need to find a location, a valley or crevice someplace nearby, that we can lead the yyan to that is higher than they are tall. A place with one way in and one way out. Then my friends and I can plug the hole, and the rest of you can stay on the walls and take ranged shots at the Yyan.

After this happens, we should burn all but one yyan head and that unknown creatures head, have one of the adepts use hold life on them, take them to mag buskt isle. After that we can get one of the Gorabs to do their thing and then speak to the dead thing.

“Uhm, are you sure we can’t parley with them first?”

Olgog the Olgog

The only one I know that has successfully contained giants is a gog named Yyan Kol, and even he had to kill the giant first, then rez him before this happened.

No, I don’t think we can parley with them first.

“OH COME ON! Yyan Kol is the only gog you can think of? Warmonger’s Dead?”

Godart banged his head against the Red Bishop Artillery Strider.

“Then how in hell are the Der’al Collective talking to these guys? How does Bo-gan communicate with these fellas - Eloga got a non-aggression pact with these giants. You know what Olgog? I’m going to make a call.”

He call over the unnamed Ur-king tribal.

“What’s your name?”

“Good. I need to make a call on the comm crystal. Please.”

Godart turns to the rest of the group.

“While I’m doing that guys. Come up with more ideas. Please.”

Lorne shifted from foot to foot for a moment, then said,

“I’ve encountered these giants before, and believe me, they are not the type to hear reason. If we do try to talk them down, we will lose the element of surprise and we could get caught in a bad situation.”

He rested his hand on the pommel of his sword and continued,

“I say we kill them, I’ve even got a couple tricks up my sleeve to take out the big one, but if you are really set on not killing them, I suppose we may be able to incapacitate them somehow. Even then, they will not be pleased with that either, and would probably still be pretty feisty.”

Olgog the Olgog

Zh Hob’Rhug and Or Or’gog [sp of name?], you live in these lands, you should be most familiar with this type of terrain. Fighting a two front war won’t turn out well for us. I need you two to find a ravine or a valley with one entrance into the location, where we can position gogs on top of the walls with line of sight into the area. Large enough for giants to have issues getting out. It would be even better if there is a cave or a way out for the hover trucks.

We need to turn this two front battle into a one front battle, which means we really need to choose the location and lead the giants to where we want to fight. To lead the giants, we should get their attention and get them to follow us the location I described. When that happens, we will have gogs hiding on top ready to fire and a few of my friends and I will hold them back from the open entrance .

This is probably the best way to solve this situation, once you gogs find us the location we can make more detailed plans.

“Could you turn the comm off for a a bit? Thanks.”

Using this time, Godart bit down on a stick and banged his fist into the Red Bishop Artillery Strider. Screaming, oh course.

“Ok… I’m good. The desire to slap the UTR in the face is gone. Got my game face. Comm on please. Thanks.”

Olgog the Olgog

*before the comm gets turned on *

Now Now, don’t condemn all of the UTR based on what the tribe of lalder does. At least I am assuming that is the tribe of lalder you are dealing with, based on your frustrations.

gesturing at the Yagogial

These two are part of the UTR. Their tribe tends to be more reasonable than the rest.

“Comm off”

comm crystal off

“Great. I don’t have a problem with the UTR as a people - just as an idea. No offense Zh Hob’Rhug and the rest of you Yagogial guys. Also, Lalder is big Mal’ie dingle-head. I didn’t think that at first. I thought: ‘He’s just another warlord wanna-be.’ I. Was. Wrong. He’s worse. The more I find out, the more I don’t like what’s he doing. He’s never gonna change. He married fate and divorced luck.”

Godart turns to Olgog the Olgog with a thousand yard stare.

“You’re not a saint, but you haven’t married or divorced fate or luck. You can choose both because you haven’t made THE CHOICE yet.”

Godart blinks.

“Pardon, I get a little light headed some times.”

A deep sigh comes from his lungs.

“What do you guys know of Auf Lalyan?”

“Nothing? Alright , I’ll just be myself.”

One half hour later

“That was fun. We got a go for the airships. How are the giants doing?”

[b]Olgog the Olgog[/B

We are still playing cat and mouse with the Giants, that’s how it goes.

I got an idea on how we can keep moving and move the material at the same time. Only thing is, I would need to dismantle the hover jets of one of the hover trucks and attach them to my power armour that is coming.

Basically, we do the transfer on the move. I’m sure people here can teleport and shadow walk short distances. This is key to my plan, What we need is to have a ship fly behind a truck, open up the hatch for line of sight and then transfer the material as we are driving. We don’t have experienced drivers so my position is to relay the logistics information to the airship team, when to speak up , maintain and slow down.

By doing this, we can maintain speed of movement and off load the materials.

Still think we should take out the giant though, trapping them will be best I think.

“… uhm how are we suppose to shadow walk when we are immutables?”

Godart turns to the gang with a grin.

“Any one here except maybe that one Earther over there can shadow walk?”

“Didn’t think so. But we got some extras for you to use. Like flying tires or something…”

“But we do have experience drivers that can fly these bricks. Problem is what about the rest of the stuff we are dragging? We are going to load stuff up into the airships then reload the hover trucks then do that while we are moving? While leading the giants into a trap? Sounds crazy. You know what? Some of that plan sound alright.”

Olgog the Olgog

I have some guys that are coming that can shadow walk coming along with the airships. Don’t fret if no one here can do it. As long as someone creates it we can move things to it and have a guy pass it through.

The biggest issue is maintaining line of sight, which I don’t know of anyone with experience to call instructions to the pilot to maintain the shadowhole other than me. That is why I need the hover jets, so I can move up to the ship as I need to.

The explorer lord was deep in thought for a moment, and then said,

“I do have some skill in shadowmancy, however, I think my talents would best be put to use on the battlefield. Allow me to take care of that largish giant, and I will buy us some much needed time.”

Olgog the Olgog

As long as we keep running, we can maintain a distance between the giants and us. We should secure the removal of the material before we anger the giants. When that is done, you can act as bait for one of the groups. Irritate them and then lead them to a trap where we can destroy them in one fell swoop.

“Alright guys. Sounds like a plan. I don’t think I need to micro manage this because…”

A frown spreads across his face.

“I’m going to do something foolish. I need to borrow one of your airship when it gets here and I’m going to Yyan Empire to get a hold of Ambassador Vahnan. I think more is going on than what is being shown and I’m not liking it. I’m going to see what’s what and get the giants to back off.”

Godart throws some keys at Jaime.

“Take care of my Red Bishop Artillery Strider while I’m gone. Keep the drivers safe enough.”

He then turns to the Lord Blake Jorn Ar’Lash of Chooru.

“Blake, do what you do best.”

blink

" Zh Hob’Rhug do the voodoo that you do so well."

sigh

“Olgog? Watch out for unknown forces. Someone over the comm said Neliff might be in the area. I not sure what these things are other than they are worse the the Q’uall. I need you to be flexible in your tactic and goals.”

(OOC: just wanted to get a message in before going back into work, will will in the characterful answer later, and will definitely be posting tomorrow, er today my days are really really screwed up right now. I have someone involved in the mission that can teleport and will use them to remove the scrap materials from the equation. I mean sure I could just teleport everyone out, but that just isn’t really fun and totally not our style. Then I would use Olgog the Olgog’s plan of using the terrain to trap the giants and heck fight our way our while looking to find some information on these Neliff.)

Jamie catches the keys, “No problem there boss.” Jamie climbs into the Strider and begins to mess around inside “I will warm it up in case we need it soon.” Turning to Olgog the Olgog “Any particular target you want me to prioritize?”