Nightmares come true: Recruiting for Lucky Fate Squad

Much later

Eli “Esthetic” McGraw was pissed. He was in a middle of a war zone in Unen and some jerk sent 99 thugs to kill him. He had three more to kill.

“Good. You’re finally waking up. You owe me.”

Hekeriki had the worse hangover ever. This was quite a feat considering she never did get that drink. And there was some smelly crazed Earther next her. Looking around see noticed she was in some woodlands on an incline with a half dozen dead bodies. She decided to do the wise thing and close her eyes again.

“Hell no! I didn’t carry your near dead body from a crater in the middle of Port Unen and baby sat your butt to have you go take another nap. You took my money, built a god damn robot, disappeared, shrunk a lot of inches and made me look like a fool. Wake up, take me to My robot to sell now because I’m not going to drop another plot dump on you! Instead, I’m going to put my fist in you face!”

Eli’s ears heard a sound behind him and turn around.

Eli’s luck was worse than the Lucky Fate Sqaud.

Eli’s face said hello a huge Olgog’s fist and Eli’s body flew towards a tree which Eli’s head went head first into.

“Damn… it…”, he moaned before he passed out.

“I over did it.” Ani G was impressed by the uppercut. Normally he didn’t do that kind of thing but in this case the Earther looked like he needed to chill out a bit.

Hekeriki open her eyes and took a sniff. “You smell good. Who are you, what’s that guy and how did I get here?”

“Thank you. Ani G is my name and coolest Lucky Fate dude is my game.” (He really wasn’t but let him have this moment) “Don’t know that guy. Don’t know the how.”

“Things really must have gone to hell since I was gone,” she deadpan.

“Heh. You want to join our gang? We got a cool secret hideout in the hills.”

“I’m already a member. What about the bunker in Port Unen?”

“Gone. You’re a member? Never seen you around before.”

“I was on a bogus journey. What did Godart do to screw things up?”

“What do you mean?”

“The. Leader. Of. The. Lucky. Fate. Squad.”

“You mean Naeil?”

“What?”

“Godart is dead.”

“What?”

“Blown up.”

“What?”

“You okay?”

Hekeriki wasn’t okay. Her brain stop and she thought: “This is what it’s like to be dumb. Not bad.” Then she passed out.

Ani G sighed.

Sigh

“Sigh.”

He pick up Hekeriki and Eli and carried them back home.

I’m working with idiots. Great. This must be what it feels like to be on the receiving end.