Nightmares come true: Recruiting for Lucky Fate Squad

It was an actual pretty good day for Naeil. No longer acting as Boss for the gang was a big weight off her shoulders. Things just seemed to fall into place for her. The Lucky Fate Squad was stronger, there was a plan to stop the invaders from another dimension and her friends were back! Good to be alive.

Today was a quiet day. “Good time as any to make sure Mag Buskt compound is in tip top shape,”as she skipped down the underground hall.

A flickering light burned out slowly overhead. “It’s the little things you need to watch out for. I better get some gog on that.”

Turning the corner, Naeil ran into a gog. It was Giamatti. “Hey! I need you to replace this bulb and do a check on the wiring.”

“Sure thing, anything else?”

Naeil felt a little confused. Giamatti didn’t have any eyes in his sockets.

“You okay?”

“I’m fine,” he chuckled. “See you at lunch.”

“Sure,” she stared as he walked around the corner. “Weird.”

The mess hall was packed with noisy gogs chowing down as Naeil entered. Luckily or by fate there was an round table that was empty. Sitting down she open her lunch bag.

“Ugh… my sandwich.” It was rotten.

“What’s wrong? Forgot how to use a refrigerator?”

Looking up she say Godart sit down.

“No. This was picked fresh from the pink house. I’m not…”

“Don’t worry about and look around! Things are great! Have a a cold beer on me!”

He tossed her a bottle. It was luke warm.

“Thanks,”she sighed. Looking around she noticed the lights were not as bright as they should be.

“You look confused?”

“Yeah. Have seen Giamatti’s eyes?”

“I don’t swing that way. Heh.”

“What? No! I mean he doesn’t have any.”

Naeil, are you ok? You’re not making any sense,” he said softy.

“I’m fine! What’s not making any sense is we have some gog walking around without any eyes!”

“It makes sense to me. I think you are just tired and seeing things.”

“Oh,” Naeil breathed.

“You just forgot that Giamatti’s dead. Really dead!”, he laughed.

“What the…”

A spot light appeared at the other end of the mess hall. Under it was Hekeriki in a pink idol outfit and some four legged robot thing that transformed into duel stereo speakers.

“Ladies and germs! Are you gogs ready to rock?”, Hekeriki shouted.

The exploding into noise as the light overhead cut off. They shouted “YEAH!”

Naeil was more than confused. She was getting sick.

“Alright… because it’s Raining Gogs!”

Song sung to Geri Halliwell - It’s raining men https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzibUJkAFdo

Godart laughed as he morphed into a shadow, “Humidity is rising.” It was getting very wet – with salty red liquid.

“…no…”

Red eyes glowed from the darkness. The hall filled frightfully and quickly. Gogs around her melted.

“Barometer’s getting low, According to my sources, The grave the place to go,” sang Hekeriki.

“…stop…”

“Cause tonight for the first time, Just about half past four, For the first time in history,” sang Godart.

“…please…”

“It’s raining gogs! Praise Warmonger! It’s raining gogs! Eat shit Naeil!” She banged on the doors as the voices came all around her while the room flooded with no way out.

Naeil pulled her pistol as her head started to hit the roof. She fire into the shadow. Click. She fired into the idol singer. Click. Liquid started to fill her lungs as she took one last shot and fired into the stereo speakers. Bang.

She fell onto the floor with a thud and all was dark.

Naeil pulled herself the floor and opened her eyes. She was in her office with a pistol in her hand. The lights were bright and the chair was on the floor. A few empty beer bottles rolled off her desk. A clock radio had a bullet in.

“Ouch.”

There was a knock on the door. “Enter.” A gog walked in.

“Boss?” He looked at her confused.

“Gather the gang. It’s time to get to work.”

later

“Alright. I know the last couple of days have been rough but we have work to do. We need to find like minded gogs or people. Extinction is coming and we’re going to do our part to fight it. You have your orders. Stay safe.”

Naeil going to have the last nine members of the Lucky Fate Squad go out and recruit new members while she asks Mag Buskt if he can point her in the right direction. She’ll give him an update what she knows about current events in case he wants to be ready for the future. They’ll spend a month searching and name drop Godart (use whatever fame/infamy) to see who wants in.

Preferences includes gogs, Immutables, young adults, anyone rough, tough, strong and smart. Volunteers will be given a medical exam, checked to make sure they are who they say they are, told that this is not a free ride and put though some tests to make sure they can cut it (need to pass three out of six TN 6 stat tests, must show some useful skills or willingness to learn).

Looking for any combat, tech users, leyas users and laborers from any gog tribe, gang or hoard.

“Joining the Lucky Fate Squad means you have a lust for exploration, a backbone to counter injustice and the will to fight extinction.”

Naeil will make final choice on who or what wants to join.

Port Unen: 21 days later - 3 minutes after the invasion in the sky

Aniston Gregor, Ani G for short, and his friends was looking for passage to Mag Buskt Island to join the Lucky Fate Squad. Having no luck today they stumbled on abandon bunker in Unen. Except it was so abandoned. A huge four legged spider mec thing 10 feet tall was paroling outside. Ani G and friends was not concerned.

“Heh. Are you the recruiter? You know. For the Lucky Fate Squad?”, he asked in a neutral yet relaxed voice.

The mec stopped and and spoke in a feminine voice: “You didn’t come to right place girl.”

“I am a dude.”

“Oh. Anyhow, you have to take passage to Mag Buskt Island.”

“No boat today.”

“Well I’m sure the rest of your guy friends-”

“They are chicks.”

“- could find… who are people?”

“I am Ani G. This is Toriel, Fundisha and Heart Attack.”

“You’re pretty dude.”

“Thank you.”

Aniston took flask and drank from it.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Thunder. I’m here to make sure that those 3 Crystal Lur Union Fighters don’t bomb this bunker.” She pop out a anti-air guns from her back and shot up into the sky hitting the fireballs and grenades before they landed.

“You pissed off the UTR?”

“Ohh no. These cafts are from another dimension control by mirror clones from this one. Or some such. It’s a long and complicated story…”

“Hold my flask.” The Thunder poped out an arm from her frame while Aniston and friends opened up with .50 cal machine gun fire.

“You’re not going to hit…”

Ani G and Toriel hit one luckly in one of the crystals.

“…uhm, do much damage…”

It unlucky knock into another craft damaging.

“…never mind. You want to join the Lucky Fate Squad?”, she spoke as the two damaged craft limped away in the sky and the third decided to follow.

“Those rounds should have done more damage,” stated Fundisha.

“Ani G says yeah.”

“Great!” The mec did a little spider dance. It spilled most of the flask’s contents out.

“Ahh, gog”, Ani G sighed.

“Suck it up buttercup,” sneered Heart Attack.

“Look Ani G, I’ve got to go. Timey wimey stuff and such. Could you get your friends, allies together and fight off this Crystal UTR while I go? Defend this place so other recruits can follow.”

“Sure.”

“Great! Take this contact list of people, codes for the bunker and good luck. I’ll be on Mag Buskt Island getting my “thing” ready.”

“Wait. Can I go?”

“Nope! Bye!” She ran off into the distance towards the docks.

Ani G made a couple of calls…

Dreg ambled up to Ani G. "You’re with the Lucky Fate Squad? Urik sent me when he heard you wanted to organize a defense for Unen. We’re with you on that.

Ani G: “Yeah. I’m Ani G. We are the only ones here. We need gog power.”

He and the three others walked to the bunker and punch a 13 code letter in the keypad.

The speaker spoke: “John Woo!”

“Who?”

“Access granted.”

Inside the bunker garage door was a couple of APCs with shiny weird guns, three polished motars with odd looking ammo and four normal, boring anti-air guns. A note was posted to one of the APCS:

Go nuts with the heavy toys but don’t be suicidal. Don’t overlook the medical nanite case in the corner. Anyhow, point the big guns against the Crystal Badguys. - Love Thunder. Good luck recruits. P.S. Don’t tell I read Hekeriki her diary.

“Sweet. I call dibs on one APC.”

Dreg nodded. “Ok you guys got some nice hardware we got a coup,e armored trucks with fifty calls and armed trikes besides plenty of portable guns. We can put up a lot of fire. But I think we’re gonna need more than ‘point the guns at the bad guys’ Do we know what to expect from these guys? Are they going to come down and fight or try to bomb us all to death?”

Ani G: “I… uhm… bomb us to death then come down?”

Fundisha: “They’re the evil version of the UTR,” she chuckled.

“The UTR has rep for a fetish for air superiority and are seen as the bogie gog. Let’s figure these UTR are the monsters come to life. We need to ram this fire up their tail pipes before they can shit on us from the skies. Pardon my language,” Fundisha said looking at Ani G.

Ani G: “You good. Yeah, not only do we shoot 'em until dead, we need to be mobile and sneaky. We can’t bunch up but we can’t spread out too far.”

Fundisha: To Dreg: “You gogs got enough radios or what to coordinate things?”

Dreg nodded. “Yeah our trucks and bikes all have radios and we have a couple walkie talkies. Ok so we’ll divide the city up? We each take a part stay mobile in that area and throw up as much lead as we can. Maybe we can arrange a couple crossfires to. That’s your idea?”

Ani G: “Yeah. Bait. We need to get bait. We’re going to get burned bad if not. Let’s get the rest of the town and region in on this.”

Ani G. makes another call…

“Right,” Dreg nodded. “I’ll see if we can get any people for volunteers to help us. We’re gonna need more bodies. We probably want to settle on a fall back spot of it goes really bad here.”

… the call ended.

Ani G: “Got some bait. Couple of UTR tanks should be droping in soon.”

Fundisha: “How about the fall back are those wooded hills way over there? Think some cave are hidden there.”

Ani G: “Cool. Where did the other two go?”

Fundisha: “Ran with this gog’s idea. They went to get volunteers.”

Ani G: “Okay Urik’s dude, we’ll use the tanks to draw out the fighters to ambush 'em. Then we move to another place. The big ship we just hit the tail pipes on one side and let them fall.”

“Alright we’ll arm people and set up anti air nests. You use the tanks to draw them into our fire. If it goes bad we fall back to the wooded area and the caves. We can dig in there if we have to until the UTR or EEF or somebody shows up to help.” Dreg nodded and started to walk off “Good luck,”

Ani G: “You too.”