Krodnok comes to Drewsport, looking for an audience with Captain Dol

It had been a few months since Krodnok had been in Drewsport. It was the last city he had been in before he acquired the large eye that was now implanted in his forehead, currently covered by a cloth wrap tied in back. He had decided to keep his recent augmentations hidden, unless he felt he absolutely needed to reveal them. As such, he also kept his new arms folded across his stomach, under the loose black cloak he was wearing.

He was leading a group of five other Dead Olgogs, all wearing similar cloaks. Four of them were the same height as Krodnok, and the fifth towered over them by about a foot and a half. Normally, he’d have come here on his own, but since the Devotion had been started, his daughter, Lotara, thought it best that he not go anywhere without some sort of small following. So he came with four of his warriors, all armed with their Magi-Cannons, concealed under their cloaks. The tallest member of the group was the Dead Warmachine, Micah.

The six Dead worked their way through the city, moving towards the docks in the southern half of Drewsport. He hadn’t paid any attention to the politics last time he was here, but the scout he had stationed here reported back often, and Krodnok had learned that Captain Dol was in control of the southern half of the city. He had worked with Dol in the past, and he thought maybe that gave him an ‘in’.

He found the boat they were looking for, the Batavian Bat. Even though he wasn’t himself a pirate, he knew better than to just board a ship that wasn’t his, so he stood at the base of the ramp that lead up to the ships deck.

“Hello!” Krodnok called out loudly. “I come looking to talk with the Pirate Captain Dol. Would someone please be so kind as to fetch her for me?”

As Krodnok waited patiently for anyone to come above deck, the sun began to sink, the music became louder as the party boat began to shine with strange lights. More patrons entered the boat and left stumbling. No one had yet addressed the newcomer that waited at the base of the gangplank. Under a mist from the sea, another boat seemed to appear at the docks, bigger than the Bat. The gangplank of that boat was lowered and Cap’t Dol emerged.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, they sent word that I was being asked about, however, I was looking into repairs on my newly acquired floating gems… You seem familiar, have we met?”

Krodnok smiled. “I’m Krodnok. We’ve worked together.” He extended his hand towards Dol. “I have something that I’d like to discuss with you.”

Dol takes Krodnok’s hand and looks at him almost as if it was the first time she had really seen him. At that point, a memory surfaced, “Oh, that’s right, we pissed off the Ur King together. You can enter my ship, however, your metal minion must remain on the dock, it is a weight issue with the deck. Your other minions may enter, however, the metal things tend to stomp and break things.” Dol reached the top of the gang plank and turned to see if she was being followed or if there was an issue with her request.

Krodnok looked puzzlingly at Dol. “‘Metal minion’? Wha- Oh…” He looked back at his taveling companions . “The ‘metal minion’, as you so eloquently put it, is Micah. He’s a follower. And…”

He turned back to face Dol, who was now at the top of the gang plank. “This may be rude of me, as i have no clue whatsoever as to the customs of Pirates, but i’m going to have to respectfully decline your invite. I’m sorry, but i have other matters i have to tend to, and i’m hoping to get this done and be on my way in just a matter of minutes.”

He did, however, move about halfway up the plank, as to stand in closer proximity to the Captain. He lowered the hood of his cloak and stood up straight. "That being said, i do have a request. I need a building. Here, in town. I’m currently in the process of establishing a religion for me and my followers, as it were. A counter to the Cult of the Warmonger, is a good way of putting it, i suppose.

"And, as it has a way of doing so, word will, word HAS spread. Walking through your town here, we heard, once or twice, people discussing the ‘new house of worship in Simonsburg’. As word spreads, people will join up, will convert, however you want to put it. I’d like to put a house of worship here, in your town, so any and all who do choose to join the Devotion can do so from the safety of their hometown, rather than have to travel all the way to Simonsburg.

“I’m looking for a building, preferably one that is empty and abandoned. A building that you really wouldn’t miss, that we could re-purpose. Do you have such a building? And, in follow-up, if you have such a building, would you allow us to make use of it?”

Krodnok stopped talking for a moment. Then started again, before Dol could even think about an answer to his request. “I suppose,” he started. “My first question really should have been… Are you going to take issue, should we, and/or others practice our faith in your town?”

Dol thought about the request. “The only religion that I have an issue with is the Church of One, since they feel that we have no need to breath on the rock.” Hm… a church opposing the warmonger, what will they think of next. “I have a building that is abandoned and out of use, it was a warehouse so it should fulfill your purposes. It is near the center of the town, still south Drewsport, but very near the border between the two. I have never had issue with citizens crossing the border for anything, this may be the best place for what you are asking.” Dol pointed out the large building, it was a brown earthy color, large, able to hold a seasons worth of fish if needed. However, it is in a bit of disrepair, the roof was sound and walls were free of holes. “Is that building to your liking?”

Krodnok turned and looked in the direction Dol was pointing. He found the building she was talking about easily enough, as it was fairly large.

“Why, yes. That should do nicely. Thank you, Captain.” He turned and nodded his head to Dol. He turned again and walked back down the ramp. “I hope it’ll be okay, but as it’s a warehouse, chances are we’ll have to do some construction on the building, fix it up and the like. Is that ok?”

“hm, we can work out the contract for that building, it will also maintain that you can repair and change the building as you see fit, so long as it does not disturb the adjoining land plots. The building and the land surrounding it would belong to you.” Dol said, unsure if she was making the right choice. This town seems to see its fair share of troubles which is no secret, she just hopes that Krodnok knows what he is getting himself into.

“Oh, of course,” Krodnok said sincerely. “I wouldn’t dream of disturbing anyone. I’m just looking for a place to set up, so that my followers can worship freely, wherever they should happen to live.”

“My only suggestion is to bear in mind that this is a turbulent location, we have seen our share of devastation since the change from the church to here. You may want to work some protection into the building, just in case.”