Guilt by Association

Kolgol smiled as he saw the volcano of Ka’Rhug come into view on the horizon. He turned, gesturing for the prisoners to get moving. After another good hour of marching, and they had arrived at the base of the mountain itself. Two skimmers flew by, landing next to Kolgol to check in with him. He ordered his men to force the prisoners into a rough semi-circle around the skimmers. He cleared his throat and addressed the prisoners.

“Former soldiers of Olgog the Olgog, as a member of the Union and a victor over your forces, I declare you all guilty of conspiring with the enemy, and aiding in the attempted sacrifice of Bill. For this crime I charge you to serve the Lur union until the end of your days, or until you are found to have served enough. You will work as a labor force to improve our glorious stronghold, and if you serve well, you will earn the right to join us as full citizens.”

He set them to work, at the very top of the volcano, where the air was thick with poisonous vapors, and the heat from inside scorched all who entered unprotected. He was not merciless however, and he set a comfortable aura as well as pure air around them as they worked. They carved into the basaltic sides of the volcano, arches, pillars, and spires. This was to be the Black Cathedral, the center point of the Children of Kalok. Soon, gogs from all around the world would come here to pay tribute to Kalok and his priests.

Kolgol sat nearby on a half finished bench of rock. The final and perhaps most impressive part was yet to be begun, and would take many more days of work to finish. It was of course the altar of Kalok, which would feature his three faced head, carved into the rock over the cone of the volcano. It was also where the dead would be consigned to the fires of Mt Rhug. He hoped with all of his new labor working, the cathedral would be finished timely, but for now, he waited.

The Ur Rhug grumbled as they worked. For many it was the first time they did hard labor and it did not seem to agree with them. Though the crackling sound from the top of the volcano kept them focused on their work.

Lalder was not aware of the work that the prisoners were being put to. He trusted that Kolgol was working to integrate the Ur Rhug into his tribe. He did not like slavery and he hoped thats not what happened. But either way, it doesn’t matter, those prisoners needed to be returned to Mag Buskt.

Lalder decided to go see for himself and visit Kolgol. First Lalder would teleport to the area where the prisoners were while staying out of site. After a few minutes he would go and find Kolgol. It was hard work, and he wished that Kolgol’s tribesmen were working alongside them. This is too close to slavery for him.

(OCC Insert location to talk, as I’m not sure where Kolgol is at the moment)

Auf Lalder says "Kolgol, it has been a few weeks since we’ve talked. I’ve been pulled in a few directions at once. I’ll have to tell you about my new Airship project that i have going. And I’ve been considering making a tradable version of the Lur Union fighter to trade with. But later for that.

I am just coming back from meeting with Mag Buskt and we have an understanding, but there are a few things we need to do. One you can take care of without too much issue.

We need to return the gogs of Mag Buskt to him. Thank you for watching them while things got settled. And hopefully they have learned something from the hard work. But I can transport them there in some fighters. With this done, and making sure Olgog the Olgog makes progress through this punishment, we will gain an ally of Mag Buskt and his island nation.

What do you say?

"
(OCC special note: Lalder does not make any comment on slavery or treatment of the prisoners for now.)

A pair of burly olgogs holding krato bone spears noticed another olgog not from Ka’Rhug looking about for something. Recognizing the olgog as Lalder, they stepped forward and offered to help him. A few minutes later, after walking through a series of winding passages, they arrived at a large octagonal room. Kolgol sat at the far end, at a desk made out of a large single piece of chiseled obsidian. He looked up, noticing Lalder, and waved the guards away. He motioned Lalder to come in and have a seat, and offered a drink of maklal juice to him from a tankard on the desk. He then listened patiently to what Lalder had to say.

He nodded when he heard about plans for an airship project, but his eyes narrowed at the mention of Mag Buskt. He had a certain predilection against Mag Buskt, as he had been responsible for the death of Ka’mag, or at least so he had been told. After Lalder had finished, he sat back for a moment in thought, then responded,

"I’m not certain I trust Mag Buskt. I had no part in the attempts to reconcile him, nor do I see him as an ally. I suppose we could return the…labor, for now. They have learned much I think. It did them good to see how it is for the ones who must work for a living. In any case, I’ll send some gogs. to round the lads up, and you can send your skimmers to the top of the mountain, there will be a place for the skimmers to land. Anyways, you spoke of an airship project?

((There are several flattened areas near the top built into the sides of the volcano to act as hangars to skimmers and such.))

Auf Lalder used a com cystral to order some Lur Union Fighters to come pickup the Ur Rhug.

He then says "I don’t trust Mag Buskt fully either. He is an ally as long as we don’t cause him not to be. And these Ur Rhug are not worth pushing that already. Thank you.

As for the Airship. I’m in the middle of building a Ship large enough to Launch Fighters from, store enough supplies for a town, and contains a medical bay to treat a good number of gogs. I have an idea I’m testing with it too, of actually giving it the ability to rain on the area below. I’m kind of hoping to solve part of our farming problem. So its a mixed bag of uses. Of course the Rumors, that I’ve heard coming out of it solely only report its possible military use.

At some point, I’ll have to point out the other uses I intended. Like something to transport a large amount of food from where its grown to where it’s needed. Of course, if this tests out, I might make a ship that is only for specific purposes. Rather than one ship to do it all. But right now, my resources only let me do one ship that size for now. So all it is.

My other interest is to see if we can trade a version of the Lur Union fighter and the skimmers. Maybe at the Dawn Spear Aerie, I don’t see the Colonies wanting anything like that and the Dawn Spear seem to like anything that flies. But I don’t have a starting point there. I plan on having Lurtor expand on that soon, but he’s still looking for a start.
"

Kolgol nodded at the idea. Having such a versatile craft would prove exceptionally useful in most any scenario.

“Yes, I believe it is a good plan to have such a craft in our fleet. Let me know if I may assist further in the construction. Fortunately, I may also have a way in for you at the Aerie. I sent an envoy consisting of one of my trusted messengers as well as my squire, Dominic. The reason for this being that it is well known that the Baribur crafters of the Aerie will not sell airship technologies to any tribal olgogs. This being said, I believe Dominic will have more success being that he can act as a representative of a different party. I have not heard word yet of a deal, so I assume they are still treating on the idea of acquiring a Baribur vessel. If you wish to send a representative, I would encourage that you pick a non-olgog, for the aforesaid reasons. Also, I would recommend leaving the Union and the UTR out of the purchase details for now. The less they know about who they are selling to, the better.”

He stood and retrieved a comm crystal from a chiseled shelf in the wall. Turning to Lalder, he asked,

“Whom shall I tell Dominic to expect?”

Auf Lalder says "Thank you. But I only have olgogs in my tribe. I will send Lurtor. He has worked for the EEF. He wears their armor and uses their weapons. He speaks Earther better than most earthers do. He is a close as I have. But we might not have the same issues. They won’t sell Olgogs airships, but is that because we are olgogs, or is it that we didn’t already have airships or because we didn’t know how to make airships. But that has recently changed. At least this is my hope.

But I will leave the UtR and Lur Union out of it for now. I will have him bring a few extra ships with him, I think 3 total. Just so they don’t think its a freak chance that we have airships.

As for help needed. Anything you can do to prop up the army would be helpful. I want to get them up and running so the defence of the UtR doesn’t rely so much on my tribe. My trip has put more miles in traveling from one event to the next in the last few months, than we did in the 10 years prior combined. It would also look less like the army is my ambition alone.

What I may need in the near future is help on a trip to the Land of the Djinni. I don’t know when we are going to do it, but it will be soon. We need something from there to create an Air Leyas generator. I will most likely request help for this trip. I might even ask the mercs to help. I have plenty of artificers to pay them with.
"

(OCC once filled, the Lur Union Fighters will bring back the Ur Rhug back to Mag Buskt Island. Not sure if that should be in a different thread)

Kolgol’s eyebrows raised at the idea of going to said land. He had been thinking about ways to create an energy bridge to there or another distant shore for some time now.

“Aye, I suppose I can commit a few more gogs to the military effort. If you can find Eru’Khaz around, he will probably jump at the chance to go on campaign. He handles the more…mundane military efforts. I’m sure that we will be able to create a truly mighty army with our efforts combined.”

He paused a moment, taking a drink of Mak’lal, and then continued.

“As for the trip you mentioned, I would like to ask that I tag along. I will do my best to aid in the trip, and I think you could benefit from my help. I am fascinated by these places, and I would thoroughly enjoy a voyage to this exotic land.”

Auf Lalder nods, smiles and says “I was hoping you would join. We are trying to find out more details right now and then form a planning session. I’ll let you know where that will be. If you see the others, let them know. one of my Aufs should be talking to the Auf right now.”

Kolgol nodded and stood up once more.

“Excellent, simply give me the time and place and I will be there. I will send a message to Rhug’na’ru, they have been itching to get out and do something. I would be interested to see how they handle themselves in such a place. I must go now though, I am in the midst of creating something as well. A few new variants of golem that may prove useful in the future. I will keep you informed of our progress if you wish. It may be a good tactic to supplement our standing army with such soldiers.”

He smiled, as if thinking fondly about something, and then turned back to lalder.

“Anything else before I go?”

Auf Lalder says “Thats all I got for now, and I need to check on a few more things before any trips. Later.”

Auf Lalder then puffs away.

(OCC: Lalder teleports to the next meeting)