Gogs Need Food Badly!

(OOC this is the discussion thread for Food For Everyone!)

It was good being back in Unen. Godart cleared his desk and got busy on his projects.

An Old Earther who appears to be in his mid sixties walks in with the help of a cane. He has bright blue hair which goes down a bit past his shoulders wearing a very bright and long yellow coat. He walks in slowly and takes a seat (I assume there will be seating) He rubs his back and winces slightly. He turns his attention to Godart and says in a loud voice, "You that Godart person? I hear that you want to help people feed themselves. Well that is a fine kind of thing if I do say so myself. It so happens that back in my day when you wanted to eat you had to work, no handouts where I grew up noseree. You toiled in the fields then gave your 80% tithe to the Church and you cherished what you had left. The Witch Hunters burned down mah pappi’s farm when they done accused mah ma of bein a witch, now she could screech like a harpy but I don’t know about no witches. So I took a job on a fishin trawler for a few years gettin me sealegs, also got a good case of crabs at the end of it. Mighty tasty, shared them with what was left of me family. Brother got conscripted and became a Paladin, killed my Pah for insultin the Church. Believe you me I went to Church damn regularly during that time.

After a while ran off and got me a job milkin goats, good honest work, learned me a few new techniques that I could use outside of the job if ya know what I mean, and I think ya know what I mean…I am talkin bout stranglin people. Became a part time hit man after that. I know what you are thinkin, off job shift but the money was good. After a few years I decided to change vocations, mainly needed to get to another region where I wouldn’t be recognized if you know what I mean. Went up to Zelga and enrolled in the University there. Got me a fancy degree in brewing, they teach lots o subjects up there. Opened my very own brewery, made a killin, literally, the beer was terrible some people died. Apparently getting your hops from the lowest bidder isn’t always the best plan.

Next I headed to Kelvara and got a job as a swamp farmer, very different farming in a swamp believe you me. Quite wet, you have to be very careful about the moisture. The crops can easily pick up a spreadable disease…so I had to leave Kelvara quickly, you never know how fast you can run until you have a mob chasin you. Drier areas are nicer anyway, sweat less. Anyway got me a job wranglin Mighty Yadols, after having to get a few limbs regrown from the local healers I got the knack of things. Painful but rewarding work I tell ya. After some years I started to get on in years so I decided to do something that wouldn’t shatter so many bones so regularly. Started my own desert farm, did well for a while, some Gangers from Brez burnt it down after a few seasons. Went north to retire, settled in Baronade for a decade, nice place, a bit dark but that is what you get in an underground city. Got kidnapped by Peace Bringers, feed my legs to their pet Slammer, found it hilarious so they kept regrowin my legs to feed it each day. After a few years they decided that my meat was a bit too tough and stringy for their pet so they cut off my head and dumped my into a river. I was swept back into the colonies where some soldiers found me and revived me.

Decided to travel again, joined a band of ravers and danced for money for the last couple of years then decided to come back south again. That is when I heard about your call here. To make a long story short, I have vast experience in farming, fishing, and being eaten. I think I can help with this plan to help feed all you natives.

“Wow, that’s… something… awesome! I’m hoping to be more organized. What’s your name?”

“Right.”

“Look, I’m going to go around the land and show the gogs how to farm. My gang doesn’t have enough food for millions of people. But we don’t need to. The food is already there. Sort-of. We’re meeting up with bigger factions and see if they can’t spread the word out. Feel free to ride along.”

Olgog the Olgog

Most tribes are some sort of hunter gatherers, they will resist farming. I think the best way to go about this is to develop a portable accelerated farming system. Something like a pot that you can accelerate growth to have a mature plant with fruit in 2 -3 days.

For the most part, we have the technology for it. The issue would be producing it and distributing it to the locals. The main thing would be the plastics, we have them in the supplies for the space ship, but we may need more if we produce it for this.

You find a note on the door

At the conference outside of town if you need to talk to Godart. Will be back for late super in a hour.