Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 23: The Trial of Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel

“I am informing my commanding Officer that this is the last mission I can do without it costing me my faith and my life. If you had listened you would have seen that this was the only result of his chose to damn others to Helheim. Then again you are not of the same faith and might not see it as a bad thing. To my gods such a death is not only looked down upon. IT IS THE HIGHEST DISHONOR TO A WARRIOR. I asked Forseti to bless this trial as any of my faith would and Gorkaog demanded to be tried under Asgard Law. All herd him say he wanted Forseti here, though it was an insult it was by his request.” Scribes fist clenched and unclenched several times before he spoke again.

“Just because you did not know what would happen when we made an agreement does not mean that you can cry foul when you do not like the outcome. Grow up and act like the leader you claim to be and not a child who had his favorite toy taken away. There is still one tribe I will speak with after this. If they wish to get the records for you then it can be done. Speak with them if you think they will help. As for the record of this one, it will be handed in with no fight.”

Bo’gan was smoldering as he looked at Scribe.
Such vicious disrespect in front of every tribe in these lands. Quill was right this bastard had just verbally slapped him and now wanted permission to have already gone awol during a mission AFTER sabotaging the entire public relations of the Elogans.
He motioned for an aid and sent him to send a message to Captain Kul’al.

KalokLur

Talk to Witch Gogkiller, who she believes are her family and those who are in Gultor’uf are two very distinct groups. I am sure that she only sees part of Gultor’uf as family, along with some of the creatures she played with. The rest of us, she could care less if we die

Adept

Scribe, you have always tried to temper justice in everything you do. If you need a place to stay, come to Gultor’uf and we will try and find something that will fit your needs. We may disagree about actions and opinions, but your integrity has always been impeachable.

Scribe turned to Bo’gan and said “I mean no disrespect but try to understand. If I stay in your employ I will have less then nothing. By disobeying my gods I would loss the use of my runes AND my soul. I would have spoken with you later if not for past experience with angry leaders. If my statements to Quill has offended you I humbly apologies. I have nothing but the highest respect for you. That is why I tried teaching several of the new recruits my skills until I was ordered to stop. I could feel that my work would not be long, but I could at least give your men the same tools before I left. They are not bound by Asgard as I am, so they could work for you even if I must leave.”

Oliver looked at Scribe with pity, saying, “In your future travels remember that words once said cannot be taken back.”

Then he mutters under his breath, “There is no integrity in dishonoring your commanding officer and your army in a diplomatic meeting. Continue sitting with the GulTor’Uf criminals who immorally made a terrorist attack on the Tor Lallur starting this whole mess.”"

Then louder he says, "This meeting is not about Scribe or his asgardians and isnt about the Elogans either.
This meeting is about Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel.

If Witch Gogkiller does not speak for the GulTor’Uf than who does, Adept? Kaloklur? They each give contrary information.

If the GulTor’Uf dont want to see the Red Furs who final deathed their Uhryus punished then why are we even having a trial?
The Pit Mongrel is still on trial here…"

Giving Scribe a murderous stare, Bo’gan addressed the actual tribal leaders, “I am tempted to end these proceedings and let Gorkaog go free.
Does anyone have any reason why I should not?”

From the back of the area came a sound like rushing wind. A crouched Earther stood there.
He wores hunting robes and carried a long spear topped in mistletoe. His face was scarred by toxic burns and his eyes spoke of madness.

He grinned manically like one long tortured set free for a day knowing the tortures continue at dawn.

“Asgardian law is applied to all when invoked by a Runecaster,” said the twisted human with a sneer, “Especially the Runecaster.
May I speak to my supplicant, councillers.”

“Who are you?” asked Bo’gan.

"I am Loki as requested by name by the Scribe,"said Loki.

“Another? Really?” Said Bo’gan furious that kulieks were disrupting the trial, “Fine speak to Scribe but make it quick.”

“Mischief mischief this little Scribe has been up to,” said Loki as he scampered over to Scribe, “All heard him say he was teaching others the way of the Runecaster? This is a great crime in his faith. None who were not selected by the Asgardians may know this power.
Now that he fears enemies on both sides Loki cannot help but be excited to add to his misery.
Scribe you are guilty of the crime of teaching how to cast runes to the unbelievers. Do you know what the punishment for that is?”

Loki danced with manic glee behind Scribes chair.

Oliver threw his hands up in frustration. All he wanted was a trial and he got a circus instead.

Urik watched the strange Earther capper about with an utterly mystified look on his face. This trial had gone off the rails so profoundly he wasn’t even sure who was on trial anymore. Taking a deep breath and ignoring the trouble Scribe had apparently bought on himself he addressed Bo’gan.

“I know I was only supposed to be a witness and observer for the UTR but I think this trail must continue.” he made a vague gesture at Scribe and the clearly mad Earther. “I don’t know what all that is about but seems it’s Scribes problem. Gorkaog was sent to kill your prisoners for a reason. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe its something deeper and I think it will benefit us all to know which.”

Quill says, "I agree. Getting to the bottom of this should be an urgent priority.
If you let Gorkaog go, it will embolden whomever sent him to keep making disgusting undefendable attacks.

Can we all agree that the GulTor’Uf have been punished enough for their attack on Tor Lallur?

If the Tor Lallur agree maybe we can put this behind us and focus on dealing with the RedFur assassins as a true council of different tribes."

He glanced at Loki and thought, I ain’t touching that with a quall bone pole.

"My Lord Loki those that I taught sought me out. As my master started I to started with Asgard before I taught anything else. This lead to fighting among the recruits and I was ordered to stop. They know our prayers but not our full strength. I was aware that had I taught them fully without them accepting Asgard then I would be punished with the Eagle.
As of right now I know not for I have seen no record nor heard stories of any in my situation.

You told me when I swore my oaths to you that I would teach but fail at being a teacher. "

Oliver said," You and your god can finish your conversation after Gorkaog’s trial is over."

“Does anyone else have anything to add to the trial, this Gogs life is on the line here?”

Uruf of the order of the Bladed Sun raised a hand to get attention and then said, "I think it would be helpful if we knew what punishments were being decided between.

So far final death was mentioned,

As was using him as a lure to hunt down and exterminate the rest of his tribe.

I believe the little Uth Girl justs wants to kill him.

Scribe mentioned an arena for trial by combat.

I guess imprisonment is on the table.

So is paying a weirguild mentioned by Foresti earlier.

How about we go around the room and take a stand as to what our tribe agrees with.

Me i dont have a tribe but I think Gorkoag should have to live among the GulTor’Uf and help do all the jobs the people he killed were in charge of."

“Lord Forseti has already made a ruling. Any action taken against Gorkoag will cause another war, though any action he takes to help the tribes hurt would be of his own free will.”

Dolur says "I’m lost as to what is going on. THis is My take if I followed it correctly, and yes, I’m staying away from the Beings Scribe follows.

I do not think putting him with GulTor’Uf will help the situation. We’ll just be back here dealing with the final death of Gorkaog at the hands of some angry Gultor’uf tribesmen. Also Gorkaog is a solder following orders of his elder. His elder should be held accountable. The order from what I’ve heard was direct. Final death the prisoners. Of course this has all gone around so much I’m not sure on that now.

Lets put Gorkaog into hard labor, maybe helping prepare for the flame winds. Make use of him. Or have him pay something to GulTor’uf. I don’t care as much on that. He was just a weapon wielded by the elder. The real punishment should be for the one who ordered it.
"

“I think your Lord Foresti washed his hands of the whole thing actually.” Urik said to Scribe with a shrug.
“Anyway it sounds to me like Gorkaog was pretty much set up from the start. I suppose we could just let GulTor’Uf do what they want with him. If that’s his life or some kind of services it should be up to them. Though I have to say it sounds to me like this elder is the one who really needs to face justice. He was really pulling the strings and Gorkaog was just a weapon he wielded.”

“Philosophically that leave Uhryu Bill responsible for the callous and thoughtless terrorist attack on Tor Lallur,” said Quill, “Applied to Gorkaog I agree with all ya’all, except Scribe. I think Scribe is hearing what he wants to hear not what is being said.”

“If we hunt down this Elder I do not think we can apply restraint,” said Quill, “He may call upon the Quall N’drone. They are dangerous as enemies.
I would say sniper bullet by our esteemed Urik’s Outcasts will end the threat of the Elder.”

"That can be arranged I guess. If the vote goes that way. " He said with a shrug. “Normally don’t kill people for free though or without being sure they need killing.”

A hush came over the crowd as a familiar face entered the trial.

It was Rapi’og of GulTor’Uf.

To many peoples shock he said, "I feel for this poor tortured Pit Mongrel.
All he wanted was to serve his faith and do it well.
Instead a corrupt leader his elder lead him down a path of failure and wounding of others. But much like my Uhryu Bill he does it trying to do what is right.

When my Uhryu Bill came to me and told me to order the tribe to construct a great healing artifact I assumed it was to protect our tribals from diseases of the Tor Lallur. Imagine my shock when I learned it was a weapon used against women and children.

And then when Bill brought all the tribes together to discuss peace and then ran away left so many questions doesnt it. Well the answer is he was happy to let the lesser Uhryus to get punished for his crimes . Thats why he was leading the Ferals away to safety at the time.

Just like Gorkoag’s elder you have to lay blame where it belongs.

My own death was only temporary because I suspected Bill would conveniently not find a way of bringing me back.
It is because he hated that I blunted his power…"

Rapi’og smiled a deeper smile saying, “I don’t know maybe thats why he ordered me to harm the trip to the land of the Djinni. But think on this. When Olgog the Olgog was assigned to keep the crystal safe he didnt show up during the battle.i wonder maybe Bill had ordered him to help the kidnapping of the crystal.”

Had Bill been there he could have refuted these lies and halftruths but he wasnt and many struggled to have a respectful view of Bill. Now only allies and friends could really stand against such skathing accusations.