Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission WEEK 18: Revoked Reservation Status

Ka’zac’s eyes widened with anger as his prospective chances of escaping unpunished dwindled away. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing, his own race more worried about the opinions of earthers than their own kind. Kolgol would probably have him sacrificed for his failure, nonetheless, he had to make his report.

“I’ll let you gogs get to it then. The day we give our hard earned resources to layabout ferals is the day K’yrpos freezes over. I sincerely hope you don’t decide to do anything too drastic.” He said, his voice leaden with disgust. He then stormed from the room, his rage giving his strides fervor. His imp detached from the wall where it had been skulking, and cast it’s fiery gaze around the room ominously before gliding out after Ka’zac.

“So can continue, or does anyone else want to have a tantrum?” Urik asked the room speaking loud enough that Ka’zac was sure to hear him. "I think setting up an actual protected area is a fine idea. And we can all share the work of policing it and providing some resources. "

Yagogi’al wonder if Kolgol would be a member by the end of the council, having Ka’zac’s actions representing his tribe definitely did not show well when dealing with other elders.

Yagogi’al knew for one thing, “Punishment should be just, but it will not be carried out by my gor’ab. When we first started the council, it was stated that the gor’abs would be called in for the most heinous creatures to be dealt with. With that being said, punishment would fall on the partnership of the Kul’Gul Rapi, so what say you Babi Yaal? Would stake in policing and providing some resources for all tribes, make a just punishment to response for our actions? I still believe in working multiple paths, setting up this protected area that the goals are to educate and get them moving to being on their own as part of the overall olgog society would be an honorable solution.”

Babi bit his lip. Yagogi’al deferring to him on punishment was enough rope to hang himself with. “In this case since da UTR has no law regarding it da Bruskti would enforce whatever the council demanded as punishment. We won’t set da punishment and enforce it, dat cause da corruption Mama Rapigog feared when she made sure da Bruskti MAtriarchs do not get to vote on judgements.” He said diplomatically, “Da Bruskti can help set up da reservation. There is a ting we ask though, the Auf Ur’Sa and the learning tree need to be included in dat discussion. Da feral tribes can learn from her da ways of the land and also learn to develop there own culture.”

Babi shook his head knowing his next request would fall on deaf ears. “Da Auf gave da tribes which chose to learn from her get da gift of da Makal Seed. We combine da seeds power in feral lands it give those tribes more than enough food. They get that food they stop raiding. Da Kul Gul Rapi pledge their seed to dis.”

Na’z’ez was content listening to the arguments. Most sounded like they wanted to help the ferals. And she understood that. It took a cold heart to watch your own kind suffer. And, while her heart didn’t actually beat anymore, she still had it, and it was kinder than most would expect from a Dead.

However, in this, she had a few points that she disagreed with. “Look,” she started. "Wanting to help these ferals is admirable. It is. But how do you help someone who doesn’t want to be helped? Your talking about moving all of them into an area and leaving them alone. ‘The same thing the Earthers did for us.’ Well, not to get too far off topic, but we WERE on this planet first. Yet THEY get to say where WE live? In my opinion, that isn’t rght. And now, you want us to do the same thing to others of our own kind? How does that make us better than those who did it to us?

“Also,” she continued. “Aren’t you already facing a food shortage?” She pondered for a moment. "Well, now, I guess I have to say, ‘aren’t WE’…You’re asking that we put time and effort into allowing some Olgogs to continue in the old ways, where they use up our valuable resources, but contribute nothing. I’m not 100% okay with this idea. If we’re looking to get them to be contributing members to society, that’s a whole different disscusion. Either way, though, i think there would be problems, putting many different feral tribes in the same area.

She looked at the door through which Ka’zac had just left. "Unlike some, I would like to help these ferals, as I’m sure Lord Krodnok does as well. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have saved the ones that he did. However, I don’t beleive the best way to do that is to just force them into a cage, give them what they need, and leave them be, or try to force our ways on them. I don’t think that really solves our problem. Not for good.

Na’z’ez sighed. "Although, we aren’t actually part of your UtR, so i’m not even sure how much my opinion is even taken into account.

“Naz’z’ez as mutch as we have tried to show them ways to help or even to fend for themselves but the are stubborn. My tribe even now spends our resources to try and show them survival means changing. If not for the fact that gogs are going hungry i would be proud to know such gogs.”

Za’z’ez looked at Tlahob. “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to offend, or provoke, but I have to ask… What resources are you spending? Exactly what are you doing for them?”

“There is no offense. My tribe is currently providing food and tents for the ferals near us while showing them the benifits of a tribe. So far none wish to change how things are.”

Na’z’ez blinked. "Again, no offense intended… So, to teach them that ‘survival means changing’, you’re giving them what they need to survive, and, at the same time, telling them that they need to change if they want to continue to live.

“The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions,” she said, allowing her tone to become more judgemental than she intended. She reeled her ego in a bit. “Right now, they’re learning that 'doing what we’re doing now has other ‘gogs giving us food and shelter’. Tell me, how do you achieve a mutual benefit from that?”

She looked at the assembled leaders. “How would any of us achieve benefit by this system, because to me, rounding them all into an area, providing food for them, and trying to teach them that ‘the ways of a tribe are best’ is much the same as what Tlahob is doing. And I don’t believe that works the way that you all would like it to.”

Tlahob squinted at the undead that had judged him.
“While I understand that it is not the best method to deal with the ferals it is the only one my tribe could think of that did not involve killing them. If you have a problem with that,” he pulled out his axe and set it on the table," I can go home now and we to will be just as guilty as the other tribes."

“I don’t seek to provoke you, Tlahob,” Na’z’ez said. “Nor do I say what I say with intent to offend. I’m just stating my own personal opinion.”

Tlahob griped his axe tighter.
“I know you intend no hurt but as you said, good intentions can have bad outcomes. So instead of judging us why not contribut a few ideas to solve the problem.”

“Because, in all honesty,” Na’z’ez began, "I’m not 100% percent behind how we’re dealing with the ferals either.

“As I said before, we only had the one group of them in our lands,” She explained. "And there were only about 40 of them. Of that, 30 followed when Lord Krodnok made the offer to join him. The rest stayed behind, stubborn as they are.

"They try to attack us, because they beleive that we stole their tribesmen. We don’t kill them though. We fend them off. A few bursts of Magi-Cannon fire scares them off. Create two or three small Nightmares and the ferals go scurrying.

“By my understanding, the hope is that those who stayed behind will see how much better off the ones who followed are now, and decide to join us at a later time.” Na’z’ez paused, and ran a hand through the red fur atop her head. “My concern is that, if they stayed behind before, pride may keep them from joining later. They will die of hunger. And we won’t stop it, as the choice to join us is still theirs.”

“That is why you should. The Lur Union which has grown into the UTR started as a group set to work togeather while respecting different tribes ways. This meeting is so we determin how to react to the ferals and the reaction of the earthers.”

Na’z’ez laughed. “Really? did you honestly just ask me, in some round about way, if we’ll join your UtR?” She laughed again. “I’ll tell you what. I won’t say yes or no, as this is technically my first day on the job. But, here’s what I’ll do. l’ll pass your invite along to Lord Krodnok, and he can make that decision.”

“It was not round about, just my way of saying that gog should take care of gog. If your tribe wishes to join that’s good for you. Now stop dancing around my question and give us your ideas to deal with this situation other wise all of us have wasted our time here making a law in response to fear and anger.”

Lalder listened for a while… he couldn’t help thinking the solution that they are wanting to try is what he tried to do and failed with.

Lalder said "I do as will second the invite to the non member tribes who wish to join and work with us. Krodnok would be a great ally from what my tribesmen tell me of him.

For punishment. This is not a black or white issues and I’m not sure what that should be. I think tribes spending resources and work fixing the problem is a good start. Death for Death will do us no good. We need resources to fix things.

Next, You all understand that the idea of moving the Ferals to a reservation and try to teach them how to take care of themselves is very close to what I had tried and failed. I didn’t even try to move them. My Aufs went to each of the Feral tribes in my lands, and gave them food and Tla, showed them how to grow food and gave them artifacts to create water. Some worked with us and helped. And in time they will take care of themselves.

But, as Sira and the Vovf noted, Others did not and kept attacking, some attacks were even worst than before I tried to help them. I don’t think this would work by just relocating them and doing what I already tried to do and failed.

I think we have to look at what Urog said. All of these things happening at one time. These are the problems we need to figure out. We need to figure out what drove the Ferals to fighting us, how was the food supply in areas where food is plentiful go away. I’m starting to agree the more that I think of it that we have been played and fell into the trap jumping head first.

We have to fix the food supply, especially with the Earthers closing the Olgog death camps and we are trying to prevent them from all starving and dying. Some of us have started this in Unen, cleaning up the messes from the Earther Attacks there. But we need to do more. We need all tribes to work together to increase food production. My lands are tapped out, I can’t produce more food out of it than I already do.

We need to stop our enemies from poisoning all of the food in Brez.

I hope through our actions, we can redeem ourselves, our nation, to show we work for all Olgogs. While there are alot of olgogs to feed, that also means there are alot of olgogs to solve the problem. And while we are at it, hopefully stop who ever is behind this whole mess.

Na’z’ez looked at Lalder. “So, you think the ferals began raiding harder because someone manipulated them to do so?”

Lalder said "Urog has a point. All of the Feral tribes attack at one short period of time. I’ve not had to deal with that in years prior. But I didn’t think anything of it, just thinking food must be scarce due to the season. Now I think alot of events went wrong at once and across so many tribes.

Maybe the feral attacks can really be blame on the food shortage, but I do agree with Urog that this needs looking into.

Unfortunately, I think they are now raiding harder because of our reactions and their hunger. But initially, what was it just a shortage of food?"

“Well do we know where these tribes came from? I mean have they always been here and something made them more active? Or did something push them here?” Urik asked. “Even if this isn’t part of some conspiracy plenty of things could have forced them in to this area.”