Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission 22: Preview at the Museum

(OOC I will let the Narrator decide what happens when Lalon sees the stone. He will use Leyas sight to confirm. Note that if he recognizes it, he will claim it as stolen property of the tribe. )

OOC: I can’t react to “Let narrator decide”; but if crystal comes up as “Stolden property” OtO will take it and assert he is the one to return it (something something offical mission in intermission) and if people argue, merely say that he is an immutable, as long as it is touching him, it shouldn’t work.

A bead of sweat trickled down Lorne’s brow. Where did all these people come from? He asked himself silently.

The stone he had handed over fortunately, was not the encased crystal, however the true crystal was still on his person wrapped in his pack. As a precaution, he had taken a smooth medium sized stone from a river, similar in size, although more oblong in shape. He had carved bizarre and quite prejudiced tribal drawings on it with a knife, in what he hoped was traditional olgog manner, stick figures with spears. He’d done the same with the real one, hoping to make the swap when no one was looking.

However, he hadn’t been expecting this much scrutiny, only perhaps a quick pursuing at best. He waited patiently, trying to appear cordial in the midst of the suspicious look he was getting from that olgog that had walked up. Isn’t that the olgog I blew away with a deathbolt? he wondered to himself. Nah, couldn’t be.

A group of Yagogi had entered the museum, perusing the various works of art presented by different tribes. They had an edge of being worse for wear, their current predicament being forced from the surface. All that saw felt sorrow and remembered the once great Yagogi. Zhor’ab was well versed in the fine things in life, he was able to read without the use of leyas and one day hoped to venture off into the colonies to study more. He led his tribesgogs, the mak’ab seamstress Makgog’Lallur, the tribal ally of mighty yadol Or’tor, ur mak artisan Torgog Yi’yamak and king Flint around to particular pieces. The Church of Oner’s array were intriguing conversational pieces but for the Yagogi they all did not really care for the item in this state. If it were up to Flint, he’s have swiped each of the pieces to try and resurrect the original olgog from the work, but it was not his place to decide things like that. Of course, there was the grand headdress which Bazman had helped to get it here in one piece. And for this, all had a moment of awe for it’s greatness. They saw the mission statement provided by Urik’s Outcasts, talking amongst themselves over the controversy that the piece invoked. They heard talk of the hypocrisy that it called upon, and the triumph for the artist amongst the Outcasts. The piece spoke for the pains of all of the members of Urik’s tribe, but being different did not have to be a downfall. Each of the assembled group waited to present their particular gift of the tribe. Flint opened his SHADOW COCOON cast cloak and placed out the artwork.

-Zhor’ab, a juvenile of the time honored faith of the gor’ab brought the reward of the enforcer; one of the BADGES OF THE DAY.

-Makgog’Lallur, the wizened mak’ab brought the HISTORY OF THE TOTEM SPIRITS; a sewn robe addressing the communing of the tribe with the different totem spirits. It shows the interactions within the circle of life and totem abilities through embroidery.

-Or’tor, the Mighty Yadol shaman, wearing her own yadol robe provided by Makgog’Lallur presents the spirit of the Gor’ab; a diminutive Olgog CANTRIP made by the means from vial of familiar. The olgog gor’ab figure is the father of Yagogi’al the Og’ab, whose legend still lives though the tales of the tribe. The cantrip carries a size appropriate faux zela scimitar and practices sparing.

-Torgog Yi’yamak, the ur mak artisan presents assembled driftwood pieces using SHAPE WOOD to form an olgog figure, using the basic tools of the gul and rapi in various tasks: survival, eating, healing, and defense.

At the entrance of the gallery exhibit, a large mud creature stepped into the chamber. From deep inside the creature echoed the voice of a young olgog, “Oh yeah, sorry about that.” And then the creature shrank down to reveal Og Or’gog, the juvenile gor’ab apprentice of Olgog the Olgog. From the entry he waved to people he knew, then walked by his fellow tribesgogs giving the smooth head nod. He passed by Lord Blake, giving the head nod. He wasn’t quite sure he had actually met him, but thought he had seen him before, somewhere but couldn’t quite place it. Then he made it over to Olgog, “What’s happening, Boss?”

Tusk didn’t like the crowd. She re-wrapped the item in Thrush’s hands and bid him away.

Just then, a muddied Hikiti came back into the hall. He carried with him a hardended mud/clay tablet about his height and twice as long. It was a scene of the various tribals from across Vima. Unenese, Karovians, Brezans, and Tla’loc’alans were at a festival. There were feasts, dances, and fun. There were no heirarchies, no differences between immutables and others, and the ferals looked on, sitting in peace with food. The tablet had no molding marks, chisel marks, or any marks indicating it was made by hand.

Hikiti said, “I call it ‘Hope’”. Tusk smirked affectionately at him. The pup was something…

Tusk looked at Lorne, “We thank you for your gift. In will introduce you to our Elders, who will wish to meet you for your generous gift.”

Hearing things in Karov were not looking so great, Sir Mag’Nrs and the Karovian followers prepped the Sanctuary tent then went off to attend the museum showing. He attended with an entourage of two of the unofficial Karovians (unnamed). They stood by the entryway and surveyed the proceedings as Sir Mag’Nrs predented his gift from the Morgothian order to the people of the museum.

“I am here to present a gift to the museum portraying the word according to Lord Morgoth himself. During the Goblin Genocide, He traveled to Oner camps and single handedly brought captured olgogs out of these lands to their freedom. This act is shown on the handmade tapestry; this is one of many beautiful tapestries that hang in the Church of Morgoth. I am fortunate for Lord Morgoth each and everyday, being able to grow up free and not know the oppression of the Goblin Lands. Please accept this gift as a token of good faith from the Morgothians, and a trade off for me learning more about my own people.”

Lorne smiled, patting Tusk on the shoulder.

“I’ll join you presently friend, there’s just a quick suggestion about the stone’s care that I must convey to your assistant.”

He moved after Thrush at a quick power walk, trying to be respectful of the museum but also trying to catch up. He would lightly grab Thrush’s shoulder, and say,

“Hey pal, I’ve just got a quick hint for the proper care of this little artifact, I’ve found if this is not done, it can crack pretty badly. It happened twice while I was traveling here, just let me see it for a moment.”

He would kneel down and flip out his pack, pretending to search for something, and would then take out a greased cloth from the shadow cocoon artificed into it. Placing the cloth over both bag and stone, and then with a subtle sleight of hand and a quick misdirection of the olgog, he would swap the stones while pretending to polish the faux stone with the cloth. With a flourish, he would sweep the newly “polished” genuine stone out, and present it to the olgog with a bow.

“Just use an oiled rag to polish it at least once a month, and it will always be in mint condition. Good on you for preserving your history with such gusto.”

He would then mix his way back into the crowd, and leave the museum, flipping a ghaz into the fountain as he left.

Thrush, the bastard, chuckles. He knows the Earther is doing something, but he lets the Earther do his thing. He nods, as if being told some important discussion and/or being shown something important. When all is said and done he says, “I see. Thank you for that.” He then darts away, making sure he’s not followed.

Ollurug nods at Olgog the Olgog. Apparently, Olgog thinks he’s getting two accomplices. He turns away, as if to momentarily leave. He then turns a corner and disappears from few ((OOC using mimic to change forms)). In the meantime, Smith says to Olgog, “So it’s just you and I from here on out. Let’s take a look around and make our way out before anybody notices. Oh, and by the way, don’t you want to donate anything to the cause?”

OOC: “Ollurung has value; smith has unknown value; OtO would try and ensure that Ollurung does not leave until he meets derlur”

Tusk, after much discussion with Hikiti, finally arranges for the donation of a variety of Brezan artifacts of life. There is a hob’tor axe, stone clubs, replicas of scavanged armor, standard ur rhug and goblin king weaponry. Hikiti makes a replica out of clay of a stalker and a censor-craft using hoblal’or. Finally, Tusk takes the time to make a spear, in the karovian fashion. Instead of a standard bone and obsidian tip, she uses hob’tor as the tip and embeds in the weapon the Fang of Unit 817. She then donates it to the be shown with the headdress fashioned by the 3 tribes. The design is classic olgog, but with a bit of Brezan flair as Urog has made. “To accompany the headdress.”