Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission 22: Preview at the Museum

Rags turned his head to look at Hikiti and took a half step back suddenly awkward. He pulled his cap off and began to crumple it nervously with his hands.
“Th thank you. I don’t know if it’ll change the world or anything. I just wanted to make people think. I think you’re right, the name you picked is better. I’ll use that from now on.”

Lalon walked into the museum. He spent his time looking around the exibits already there. He had some items in his shadow cacoon, but first he wanted to see what others were bringing. They didn’t have much of their past. For a thousand years, most tribes just held onto the items the kept them alive and the stories in their hearts.

To Lord Fleischer "I overheard your discussion. I’m glad you brought those pieces, it shows what Olgogs were put through, and how they were and sometimes still are treated. For one that has seen the death camps in action, there needs to be shock value. Though if any new bones form any art exhibit in the future, The artist may wish to sleep lightly. "

Then looking over at what Graf brought. He saw the argument between OtO and Graf. Tor’ab said Olgog the Olgog was too smart for everyone’s own good, but it was interesting seeing him put forth a good argument. Lalon’s tribe was one that Graf meant to get a reaction out of. But it did not anger him. It saddened him. Lalon knew a pup he grew up with that didn’t make it. One day that pup fell and the Aufs could not help him. He died of internal bleeding that the Aufs could not heal. The reliance on Leyas was too much.

Lalon says “Olgog the Olgog, you are wise with your words, but your trials pointed out different feelings to me. It is not anger, but sadness. While we didn’t let our those juvis die in the wilderness, many did die because we relied too much on Leyas. And we lost so much knowledge from before the genocide. We have gained healing knowledge, and though we still rely too much on Leyas, at least working together we will provide a future for immutable Olgogs of all tribes. Not just the ones born to the outcasts and other immutable tribes. The item should make us Olgogs think. And we should not forget the lessons we learned.”

Then Lalon continues to himself more than any “Dam, not I’m sounding like one of them… Now what should I leave…”

Lalon continued to walk around thinking to himself.

• OtO shakes his head, another person projecting their thoughts and feelings onto him. *

Tusk nodded to Rags. “It does more than cause thought … It’s a call to action.” She smiled at him, gently pulled the hat from out of his hands and playfully set it back on his head.

She was interrupted by a strange Earther demanding her attention. It was surreal. She looked for Hikiti, who had apparently disappeared. Where did the fool run off to?. She did not see him, so she proceeded towards the Earther with caution.

“If you wish to speak with a member of the Gang of If Mag’og, perhaps it would be best to present yourself to their leader? I can call for him if you like?”

The earther smiled charmingly, and bowed low, his sable cape elegantly accenting the gesture. He introduced himself again, this speaking in an undertone so that Tusk had to strain to hear him.

I am Lord Blake Ar’lash, and I have an offer for you, noble olgog. If you haven’t heard of me, however small a chance that may be, I am a famous archeologist and preserver of histories. I recently had the pleasure of visiting the city of Simonsburg, truly a thriving oasis of life in the wilderness. On my voyage however, I witnessed the destruction of an enclave of olgogs by EEF forces, the “Maag Duur Aahl” I believe is the term for them. Anyhow, folly chance permitted me to examine the ruins of the nest, not looting you understand, but rather a quick look to discern anything of cultural value."

He paused for a moment, as if thinking deeply, then produced a small bundle from somewhere in his cape. He turned it over in his hands, then revealed what appeared to be a rounded stone ball of some weight.

“This, this is the singular object that survived the destruction that they wrought. I believe it to be a sculpture that these olgogs created to symbolize their belief. I don’t think I need to tell you that there are very few artifacts from these mysterious peoples, and I think it would be an important addition to the museum.”

“The reason I have contacted you specifically is because you are well respected in this museum, your donation of that magnificent headdress has led to a revival of the history of your people. I will admit, I am… less known, in these parts, and I am not sure they would recognize the authenticity of my claim. I ask of you only that you would sponsor this artifact, help me to put on display an important chapter in the history of the olgog race.”

He looked left and right quickly, and spoke quietly,

“In exchange, perhaps a… monetary, donation could be arranged for the maintaining of the museum facilities here, 200 Ghaz perhaps?”

Windsor was disappointed that the Inquisitor got distracted by the Olgog present, instead of his barb. Oh well, he thought to himself.

From the corner of his eye, he saw the large olgog who was obviously here for reasons other than enjoy the art. Olgog the Olgog was after Derlur for who knows what purpose. Windsor smirked. Let’s see how this game plays out, he said to himself. Windsor spied Ollurug from the corner of his eye, but by and large ignored the olgog. He walked over to Olgog the Olgog. “I heard you’re a fan of art. I quite like it myself. There’s a museum that I love in the Earther Colonies. It has all sorts of stuffed creatures. What sort of thing are you looking for?”

Stupid games, they make take so much longer than usual. But in public, it must be done.

"The Colonies, the place with old friends, old bosses and a plethora of enemies. I plan on taking a trip back their soon; hopefully with new friends. But this is not the place to speak on this. "

Looks directly at Windsor

“I have access to a place in Simonsburg that is private, shall we gather our companions and go speak there?”

Well, that wasn’t a response Windsor was expecting. Not even close. The Earther looked at the massive olgog, taking a moment to respond. He made an indecipherable gesture, which Ollurug saw. Ollurug waited a minute or so before leaving. “So back where you are staying you’ll find a comm crystal. I know you can’t use it, so hear me out. In Simonsburg, go to the Inn called SlapDash and ask for an olgog named Gale Holt. He’ll help you use that thing to contact your new friend. You can talk about art, visiting museums, crappy bosses, whatever. If you get impatient, you can always hire a ganger to talk for you wherenever you want.”

OtO glances over his shoulder at Ollurug. “You can speak to your friend here, but note we leave for simonsburg when this party is done. Just don’t do it as openly as you are now.”

looks back and windsor “The same goes for you, a little more discretion would be appreciated.”

OOC: I would roll a perception check, but can’t do that here.

Rags watched as Tusk walked away. Graf could see he was totally flustered. His mouth was working like he wanted to say something but he clearly had no idea what. Rags could build just about anything but he had the social skills of a rock. Finally Graf smacked his shoulder lightly.
"Come on buddy, let’s mingle. Hey your art has offended more people! Let’s go bask in the outrage. It’ll be fun! "

Lalon then walks over to the guy in charge of the musuem.

He says to Olnalna Dolmis "My name is Lalon of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al. I have a few items with me, though they are not that far back. Some were borrowed from our museum in the Tla’loc’al trading post museum. "

Lalon takes out a few items. And continues "These are examples non bounded Elemental talismans of the different Aufs. Each is an element, Stone, Bone,
Obsidian and Wood, that Aufs can be bound. Each Auf chooses an element to be bound with for life. "

Then Lalon takes out some old looking tools, and says “Next, our tribe produces food. We use Artificing and Leyas to Farm the lands. These tools and artifacts help us do this. These techniques have been passed down from generation to generation since before the genocide. I can give descriptions of the techniques to go with the tools. Everyone in our tribe starts as a farmer.”

Lalon pauses and then says “Our museum is about all the different tribes to show the Earthers our side of history and that we are not the demons the Church of One claims we are. Would you be interested in any art sharing and touring displays. It could bring your exhibits to others who may not travel here. And we would like the same. We want more to learn about Olgogs.”

Makka’na arrived at the Museum. Her plate armor was shined and adorned with flowers collected in the Oasises between Simonsburg and Brez. Her red fur was braided with small shells that Yirhug had sent her from Drewsport. She was a youth by age but had lived in Simonsburg during its many battles. She was a pit mongrel not an Army of the True Flame.

She approached the curator when her time came. She politely said, "I am from the Ka Gor tribe. Makka’na, knight of Simonsburg. The one sided headdress given by the Green Furs ignores half of our storied history as the Olgog people. I have come to rectify this prejudice.

The headdress I bring is made from greenfur, bones and the Horns of the Ka Gor’Na. It was once worn by the first chieftain of the Ka Gor Tribe.

It is to remind us all that the Ka Gor’na just want to help us all and save us from the evil, the lonelyness and sadness that is the savage Olgog condition."

Tusk weighed her options, but at the end if the day, didn’t have enough information.

“I have no idea what that artifact is or what it does. I also have no idea how your currency works, so 200 ghaz means nothing to me. But let’s put it this way: if it used to be an item of worship for the Mag Der’al, then no Olgog should touch it. I’ll need to call a friend to handle it and then have Olnalna look at it.”

Tusk then pulls out a comm crystal, “Hey, I’m at the museum. I need a member of the Clan of the Heavy Falling Rock to come to the museum. The Bastard or the K’iou… No, the K’iou is a bad idea. I guess another Earther won’t be a problem. Any of those. Yes, thanks.”

The bastard Thrush makes his way to the museum. His ‘clan’ owed a debt to Urog for the K’iou debacle, so he was playing nice in helping them with this thing.

He approached Tusk and said, “What can I help you with?”

She says to Thrush, “I need to figure out what the stone that the Earther,” she points to Lorne, “has. It belonged to, is supposed to belong to the Mag Der’al. I need it looked it. Don’t let any olgog touch it. Once it is verified as safe, it goes in the museum and we consider a trade for the Earther. He wants 200 ghaz. No idea what that means…”

She looked at Thrush, expectantly.

Lorne extended his hand to the newcomer in a traditional earther greeting. His smile betrayed nothing, but there was a steely quality to his eyes which was comparable to a hawk eying a rival predator in it’s territory.

“Well met, I am Lord Blake Ar’lash, gentleman knight and scholar of Chooru. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

He turned to the olgog, and smiled kindly,

“I require no payment noble olgog, I offered some earther currency that can be used to maintain this facility, you know, as you are sponsoring me as a patron of the arts. Perhaps it could arrange for some more professional touches to this place.”

Lalon noticed the Earther, Bastard, and Olgog talking together. He heard Mag’Deral and got curious. They were a plague on the area right now. And Lalon couldn’t resist his curiosity. He looked over and reconized Tusk. He had just gotten back from a mission helping him.

Lalon Strolled over to Tusk standing back a little to give them room to finish their conversation, but close enough to hear and see. He wondered what here could deal with Mag Der’al.

As he approached he said “Hey” giving a nod to Tusk.

Thrush nodded. “Oh, OK then. I’ll take a look at it and get back to everyone.”

Thrush uses Leyas sight to look at the stone, make proper investigations, and confirm it’s properties. He’d then discuss what he sees with the curator, discussing it’s possible history, referring to Tusk when needed.

Ollurug walks over to Olgog the Olgog with an Earther in tow. The Earther is tall, handsome, wearing what appears to be scavanged church of one platemail on his chest underneath a similar travelers cloak that Ollurug is wearing.

“Olgog meet Smith, Smith meet Olgog. Olgog, Smith will accompany you from here. He’s a better companion for what you seek. I’m going to enjoy the museum for a bit.”

Smith smiles at Olgog. Smith makes no further conversation, but makes no movement away from Olgog the Olgog.

"Feel free to, just note you are coming to simonsburg with me when this party is done. "

With a nod “Smith”