Expanding the Tribe, or How to win over the Enemy

As instructed by the Narrator, this will be for my Tribe’s dealing with new members who were captives and now freed.

Yagogi’al sat cross-legged in one of the larger mal’ie hide tents of the tribe. Some earthers may have thought of this as the Yagogi Barracks where the new members would stay and become acquainted to the ways of the tribe. He was calm and collected, listening to the uneven breathing of the six former Kolgul Militiagogs. This was something he did best, unsettle the enemy by remaining calm with his grand zela blade balanced across his lap. Though definitely an elder, he could be ready to use his blade in a split second. It left the necessary impression having the severed hands, some marked and some unmarked, of another six Kolgul members layed before him.
Behind him sat some other notable members of the tribe. Yagogi’al was trusting and some thought this would ultimately be his downfall. He was a survivor of the “Goblin Genocide”. With this mentality, it made him level headed and stronger than other Gor’ab. Behind him, sitting in the same style, but without any weapons visible, were a Tribal, a Mak’ab, and two youths. One an Ur’Mak and the other a Gor’ab. These Militiagogs knew nothing of the gogs flanking the Elder Gor’ab, not that one was the mate and another the cub, but they knew of the legends of what the Elder was capable of. Regardless, this brought an edge of anxiety, one that the Elder Gor’ab could do without. He began humming the tune of an old olgog lullaby, something one of his previous mates may have sang to their cubs had they lived long enough, or that the mothers of these Militiagogs may have sang. Either way the leyas did it’s job to sooth their worries, and had they seen through leyas sight, they would have seen the waves of troubadour leyas flowing brilliantly from the elder. With this, they could find comparison between Yagogi’al and their fatherly Olgog from when they were younger. Everyone in the tent began to breathe a little easier.
And thus began the elder; " Tell me about life before the Kolgul, who were you before you were stolen by your own kind?"

“We weren’t stolen from anywhere,” grumbled one of the former Kolgul Militia, named Yayi the Trumpeter, “We all joined up under Salty Tim Banko. He was hiring on Militiagogs in Unen. Promised us food and water and a cave to sleep in, and a chance to help liberate the Goblin Lands from the Church of Oners.
It was a kushy gig at first, fighting goblin trash and Earther knights and protecting civilian caravans.
Then during an attack by Ur King Tribals, a coup occurred and our leaders were killed off.
Don’t know what happened to Salty Tim but the rest of the leaders were given final death.
Back in the day it was Live Like Rats, Eat Like Kings
The new leaders if you can call them that, changed it to Live like Slaves, Die in droves. Not officially mind you.”

The other former militiagogs nodded in agreement.

“so what you gonna do about Yaog snatching your tribal?” Asked Yayi the trumpeter

"Yayi the trumpeter, I like you and your call for action. You remind me of one of my own tribe, he is called Mag’Gul and is good as the herald of my tribe. I am sorry for the change of your tribes leadership. Hard times against the Earthers do call for drastic measures but when the ideals of the tribe fall apart that changes the spirit of what we believe in.

I ask questions seeking honest answers. Do you and your company seek place within my tribe or is it more using my tribe to help gain revenge against those that have destroyed you KolGol from within? I would enjoy showing you what life is like in my own tribe, as well as have you join with us if it pleases you. What do you think of the honor and reaction of those that we currently keep as trophies?
What would be the normal procedure for the KolGol taking on new captives, carrying them in sacked, bound and unconscious? How would the KolGol respond to an ambush at their doors? I want to retake my tribal, as well as those of other Karovian tribes. We have had encounters with the Totem Uhryu, and help looked to aid them in the past. Now would be another time that they are in need, I fear what is going on with their leadership."

Yayi the Trumpeter replied , “We dont mind living your way while we are here thats how we is trained. But me and the boys talked and we cant make any permanent roots as long as that criminal Yaog is dumping out on the fine name of the Kolgul Militia.
You got respect for what the name of your tribe represents right Gor’ab,sir? Its like that with us we dont need em all dead but as long as the KGM is involved in kidnapping and conscripting we aint gonna rest easy.”

“The KGM would respond with lots of springshot rifles. They would try to shoot your gogs down where they stood.
They also had some extra mercs Urking tribal olgogs riding Armorfiend kratokin as cavalary.”

"They been using extra sharp bone weapons, " said one of the others.

“Yes swordfiend bone ammunition,” agreed Yayi the Trumpeter, “and they are straight up accurate with that.
And wards, with classic traps like spike pits, mines , flame traps and poison darts.”

" I am the Gor’ab, i have younger Gor’ab that follow me and we are the executioners. We will aid you in attacking the KolGol, and trying to weed out the cancer from the heart. My question for you is how far down has this cancer been rooted. Who would be a positive influence to leave in charge of your own tribe? Each tribe has their own way of life, whether it was something which I agree with or not. They have the right to prosper without the threat of kidnapping and conscripting as you put it."

In a different line of thought:

So everyday since the arrival of those saved during the children’s crusade, Lady Hob’Lalol and yalar Took has placed trusted Mak Uf’ab as caretaker for the young earther. After regular hunting expeditions, Mak Uf’ab gathered the first portion of food and suitably prepared it so that the children could easily eat. She would set the food out on several large platters right into the entrance of the tent. As time went by, she would start making her way around the tent straightening up messes and try talking to the children. She would use TRANSLATE, and then begin mixing in native Olgog terminology. When they are around ,Lady Hob’Lalol and Yalar Took as well as juvenile gor’ab Orgog’ol are taken throughout the tent by Mak Uf’ab to show that the children are being cared for and point out anything that need medical attention. This time with the children has obviously been strained, but things seem to be progressing for the better.

In another one of the Yagogi tents stayed others that had found one way or another of staying with the tribe. Everyone here had different attitudes about staying along, and how much of a part they played in the tribes way of life. Yayi the trumpeter and the 5 other former Kolgul Militiagogs definitely took the tribes ways, with Yayi being the most vocal and proactive. The 5 others remained quiet, and had their interactions go through Yayi.

There was one other however that stayed in the tent, that was not adapting to the ways so well. He was different, all on his own and somewhat of a loner. As one that was referred to as a Goblin Raider, he was of low Olgog class and did not really have much of a reputation. None of the tribe or other outsiders staying there even knew his name. One day, when around the area Maggul entered the tent to check on how the Former Kolguls were holding up, in the process he began talking to this mysterious raider. The raider looked at him, never said anything at all that much but nodded for important answers- Are you alright with the food being brought in? -Are you doing alright staying here, is the tent suitable? Certain words confused him, so Maggul did his best to teach him what these words meant, and he did it without disrespect. Everytime Maggul was around, he made sure to stop by the tent and check on his new friend. Others spoke to him around the tribe, but Maggul made an effort to come by to visit and check on on the Raider. It had become many visits, and Maggul was wondering if the Raider was able to talk. Maggul had told him many words, some of what he learned of the totem spirits following Zhgog’ol Maklur and he seemed to acknowledge. Just as Maggul was on his way out, the Raider blurted out "Maggul, mee name is…

It all started when Onigor said he had big news to share with everyone, and then Yayi followed up with that he would take care of getting the stuff. Now it had become an early morning for the guys, as the four friends Maggul, Onigor the Fierce, Bazman and Yayi the Trumpeter had wandered away from the rest of the tribe for a late guys night celebration with several skins of binber wine. On this night, Onigor was telling his buddies that he was going to ask Gor’ Lallur to be his one and only mate. He went on to tell that things had just come together for them, that it had been his duty to train her in the use of the totem abilities with the hopes of saving her twin Kalok’ Lallur. Then they had gone through so much with her being infected by the Neliff; being held prisoner and making it out alive together with all their memories intact thanks to the spirit of Ragha. It was a nightmare they never would want to revisit, but through the ordeal they had really found each other as someone supportive and come out of it all the better, together. And this went on and on, and on…soon there would be new young ones to care for. His friends were all quite happy for him and they celebrated with the binber wine, Bazman the life of the party broke out some k’iou vagna and uryu he had obtained from his last visit to Brez. It would be a great night for the guys.

Much later after Onigor had already passed out, and Yayi was on his way shortly, just as the sun was rising sat Maggul and Bazman finishing off whatever was left. Maggul had done his best to keep up to Bazman, but Bazman was a pro and much larger in size so here sat Maggul the councilgog of the Yagogi in a drunken stupor, lamenting about life and girls, “Thin’s are jussupposed to be diffffferent, I shuld have all the girlzz tryin to get a piece of mee. Ima like the coolest and youngest of the edder anywayz. Like i totally could have gotten with Or’tor but shea liked the merry yadols just a little too much, and that got creepy yo… Yo there was that one girl from Brez, what was her face again…YO her name was Tla’al…yeah…”

Bazman sat around letting his littler friend rant on until he finally just passed out. He thought to himself, yep good timez.

Four days earlier, Yagogi’al the Og’ab sat in one of the tents surrounded by assembled elders to discuss the purification of Karov. The time was at hand to fix the problems they had caused so the lands were healthy for all to traverse. At his side was Lady Hob’Lalol, then Zhgog’ol Maklur and Mawen Rapider slowly chewing at something (finally acting on TASTE THE TRUTH with the hand of Ja’kal) On his other side sat yalar Took, then Zhya Gog’mis and Gibbs the Goblin King.

Yagogi’al the Og’ab wanted to form a new tribal dance, filled with rhythm and movement that would take calling upon other UtR members to join in. They wanted to call upon their allies to accomplish this, and make a celebration for they joint efforts over they last years time. Yagogi’al would have to call upon his young gor’ab in coordinating the right movement and song. They would look to summon multiple elemental spirirts, possibly even totem spirits that could sift through the wastes and purify the remnants. Having Water spirits put together the toxic particles through the soil and through the air, with the help of Air and Earth spirits…
.to be continued