Contacting the EEF

Glog paced in his private quarters in the Or’Lur tribe’s cave. After the last time he let Bill use his Com. Crystal many things had come to light. He stopped and looked at the crystal that lay on his table, shook his head and went back to pacing. Finaly he stopped and picked it up and activated it.

The crystal crackled with sound for a moment then Glog heard the voice of a pleasant Earther,
“EEF switchboard how may I direct your call?”

Comm crystals were not like telephones. Networks of comm crystals had to touch to transfer sound on one to one connections. While a few comm stones might be artificed with a single crystal reciever stone back at the switchboard, allowing them to act as squad communicators, it was still a labor intensive process to route a call to a specific leader back at base.

“I need to talk with Shiro.” Glog said as he started pacing again.

“One moment please”

And a muzak version of The Girl from Ipanema began to play.
Earthers and their classical music.

Then a voice came on that was surely not Shiro, saying “Commander Shiro is currently under investigation for possible sedition against the Colonies. As Field Marshall Jeremiah Strykker, is in charge of the investigation your call will be forwarded to him and EEF High Command. Please hold.”

As Glog waited with deep concern the muzak played on.

As Glog continued to pace he missed the turn and went end over end over the handle of his war axe. As he got up he heard a voice come through the crystal.

(OOC: If you need to hear the song yourself got to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHkjee64ezM)

The muzak was suddenly interrupted by a loud popping sound followed by silence. In turn the silence was broken by the sound of chair moving across a concrete floor. A few quite garbled voices could be heard one voice was suddlnly louder but still muffled.
“I hate that damn song,” Jeremiah Strykker grumbled mostly to himself.
“This is Field Marshall Strykker, you asked for Shiro and that got my attention. Now identify yourself and tell me your business with him.”

“I am Glog of the Or’Lur tribe of Tla’Loc’al. I was trying to inform Shiro of something but this is better for you need to know more then he.” Glog looked out his window, making sure that the rest of his tribe did not hear what he had to say. “While enforcing the laws of the tribes, in Olgog lands, myself and three others came upon Church of One deception meant to cause war between Earthers and Olgog, again. They are making Earthers that look like gog, yet are Earthers. With this knowledge we have pieced together an idea of how they used the EEF to assassinate Chieftain Tladol and tryed to kill several other tribe leaders as well.”

“While I can believe that the church would like to see war between the tribes and the colonies you understand that I have to ask you for proof of this plot.”

“That will be difficalt due to the fact that most of the evedince is in the hands of Unit 817, or melted. I can talk with the Ceiftan about getting copies of the information they are holding if that is alright.” Glogs pacing became more eradic as he talked with this Field Marshall Strykker. Something about him cased Glog to be nervuse

“Normally if Shiro vouched for you that would be enough for me. Right now unfortunately I will need more to go on.” His voice sounded increasingly angry as he spoke. He paused and gathered himself for a moment. “If you can provide the evidence I can pass it to the Colony General and the colonial governments. They’ll debate it and have investigations and the church will deny it all as slander. The important part thought is it will allow me to keep the EEF out of anything afterward.
I want you to understand something though if the church is determined to go to war against the tribes I can’t stop them. They best I can do is make sure they do it alone.”

“So I bring you the evidence the EEF will stay out of our affairs and let us handle any Olgog that is a threat from now on? No more assassin teams? And can anything be done about the Church of One and their attacks on Olgog tribes? We would be better if we can avoide war. But if not it will be difficult to prevent the other tribes from going to war.”
Glog hoped that they could at least get the EEF to reign in these killer Earthers and their hate.

The EEF would like nothing more than remain uninvolved in tribal affairs. That said you should keep in mind that the person you’re referring to was raising an army expressly for the purpose of joining with the Krato attacking the colonies and splitting the survivors up as slaves. So no I can’t promise you that we won’t remove such a person in the future. What I can promise is that we are willing to work with you to see that a situation like that doesn’t happen again and in the future we can come to you with information like this and you’ll have the chance to sort it out yourselves.
As for church there is sadly little I can do about them. With your evidence I should be able to keep the other colonies from acting and I can certainly keep the EEF out of it. But if The Church of One is determined to attack you there is nothing official I can do to stop them.

" Very well." Glog placed the crystal in a small basket and ordered one of his tribes men to find Unit 817 and see if they were willing to send a representative who could speak for them.

(OOC: This is an invitation to Unit 817 to enter the thread)

In walked a exceptionallly short figure in a gray cloak. Tossing back his hood, he reveals himself to be Torlok’ab. Nodding to Glog, “We have recieved your invitation to a meeting. What is it you want?”

Glog bowed to the emisary. “Thank you for coming with such short notice.” He offered him a seat. “Not long ago we went to the Earther dwelling of Barts port to bring back the cheiften the EEF had killed. Do you remember the information we found on the false gogs?”

“Yes, that knowledge was in the earther machines. We have looked over some of it but many of the terms make little sense to us,” state the Dead. “Why do you need such knowledge?”

Sitting down, he continued "We have put the bodies to better use than they were intended for

“After much pacing i contacted the EEF. I spoke with the one called Field Marshal Strykker. He said that if we can get him proof of the Church of One starting war they can make it so the Church is alone in the fight.” Glog stopped a second to let the Dead think on what he had said.

“What I am asking is that you send me a copy of the information in the cloning vats so that the Earthers will issolate the Church of One”

–[Week 9 event]–

Twenty four hours after the first orbital laser attack, another one struck Tla’loc’alan holdings. Anyone not hidden in deep caves were incinerated from above. The deathtoll in Tla’loc’al is currently believed to be in the thousands.

Field Marshall Strykker recieved the reports. A signal from a nearby Iron Republic satellite had been tracked down by the Artificial Intelligence named Anise, who served the VLAD Agency. Apparently VLAD Agent Olgog the Olgog had gone out of communication 48 hrs earlier. His last transmission had been a visual of entering the hidden tomb of the Mag Buskt, hunting down a group of Kasanthians who were farming the Mag Buskts blood to make monsters.

Twenty four hours after that OtO was acting as champion of the Mag Buskt and hacked a series of satellites which unleashed a barrage of orbital laser fire down at Tla’loc’al.

The EEF has no third-party verifiable proof of this attack being caused by external forces. As usual Strykker found himself in a diplomatic pickle.

Blogs comments crystal started beeping almost as soon as the lasers stopped hitting. "Strykker to Glog, I know you have little reason to believe this but we are not attacking you. We temporarily lost control of a small part of the orbital defense net due to a computer based attack. For reasons unknown it was used to attack you. We have taken steps to prevent further attacks. Is there any aide you would accept in helping to recover? "