Camp in the Shadow of the Trail of Auf Maglal

–[This encampment has the boats of multiple players characters. Here are Pluto and Uth’al of Kolgol’s Ka’Rhug,Torkol’ab of Unit 817, Commander Krunch of Unit 7756 hiding as grey cloaks, Dol Kuglock and her crew including Ka’na’al (and Rogarth at night only during his usual hours as bouncer), Agent Candy and Tla’ab of Auf Lal’al. Here they have set up camp before making their way on the long walk to the Ruins of the Sea Kings.]–

Uth’lal stepped from his ship, Pluto not far behind. He sent 2 of his youths into the nearby area to scout and return with information about the surrounding lands. Another 2 he left on the ship to ensure nothing was disturbed while the rest of the group traveled to the ruins. The rest of his olgogs he sent to collect supplies and hunt to rebuild their food and water provisions. While they hunted, Uth’lal approached Bo’gan with a question.

“Good Bo’gan, you know the route to the ruins I presume? These lands are foreign to us, and I must confess we do not know the way. We shall follow your lead when you deem the time right to leave.”

Tla’ab was thinking about the many days traveling and with the dangers to come. He and his tribesmen pull out some drinks and food. As they get the drinks out, they will pass it around to those gogs around.

Bo’gan nodded with deep conviction as he began to speak, “Yes the way has long been spoken of by one of Eloga’s advisor, the Kalokgog Maglalka who originally came from these lands.
Maglalka said the way starts at the end of the trail of Auf Maglal
We circumvented that portion and its challenges by coming up the river.

Now we must move south into the forests of the Pit Mongrels. To make quick time across the Forest each of you will accompany one of my tribals, who will help you travel between the trees themselves.
There we will face groups of feral pit mongrels and at least one tribe of Pit Mongrels, the Pack of the Green Hides. They skin other Olgog’s hides to cover their red fur with green.

Next we will need to travel through the mountains whereAuf Ka and Auf Maglal will battle.
These mountains are volcanically active. Maglalka gave me the location of a mountain pass that will lead us to the Ruined City of the Sea Kings in two days of hard travel. We will need to pass the lava fields (and lava waterfall) of the Axefalls.

Once at the Ruins we will head straight for the airship fields of the ancient city. There is a secret passage to the Tomb-factory. We will only know what we find there when we get there."

Bo’gan thought for a moment, “All airborne approaches would result in us being cut down by the Magi Cannons of the Dead who inhabit the ruins.
So by land is our way to go”

Ka’na’al said, "If Cap’n Dol will allow it, I can try and negotiate us safe passage past the Pack of Green Hides.
Then we scare off the feral pit mongrels.

I think we would need to offer something in barter for free passage.
Any suggestions? The Green Hides are like the Ka Gor, they have obsidian and stone, and this forest has wood."

Uth’lal looked at Ka’na’al thoughtfully for a moment before asking,

“Are you certain they would help us? It would not do to reveal our presence to these…mongrels unless we have to. It would be even worse if they turned on us and attacked. I know the tree stepping technique well, and better yet, I know that it would get us through the forest quickly. Besides that, we have brought nothing in the way of trade, and the food we have is barely sufficient to feed our own. In my opinion, it is better to go quickly and quietly through these parts.”

He glanced at Pluto for his agreement, but found that he was staring at some earther woman who had arrived at the river shortly after they had. Uth’lal trusted earthmen very little, and was loathe to have one with them, but he would hold his peace if she did. He was open to being wrong about people, as the grey furred olgogs which he had previously despised had actually proven quite useful on the voyage south. For once, he wouldn’t mind being wrong.

Ka’na’al said, “I cannot promise if no deal is made but they will follow any deal they make with me.
But we would have to offer something of value to them.”

Seeing the Earther and her strange aura, confused her greatly. Ka’na’al asked “Who are you?”
Then realized it might have been rude. She didn’t mean it that way.

Looking back at Ka’na’al, Uth’lal sighed and and nodded.

“If you think that these pit mongrels can be reasoned with, then I suppose it could be worth the effort. But what will I have to offer them? There are nine of my tribe going on this trip, and another two on my ship. What do I have to offer these mongrels for safe passage? Perhaps if I had known of this possibility I’d have brought something, but I expected a small excursion with military concerns, not tribal barter. I have just sent scouts out, maybe they could find something of use…”

His voice trailed off as he saw Pluto wander into the nearby forest, presumably to scavenge for anything of use.

Dol thinks for a while, “I have learned that working together, as difficult as it may be at times seems to be the best solution for us as gogs.” Dol looks off towards the water, “if i have anything aboard ship that might aid us in completing a treaty with them i freely give, so long as it is not my ship or its defenses. Perhaps we have something they may want in the hold.”

Looking back at Ka’na’al the Earther replied “Candy” Then took out a nail buffer and began to buff her nails, pulling out a sandwich from her pocket and began to eat it.

Looking suspiciously at the sandwich the earth woman had just procured, Uth’lal turned to Dol and nodded.

“That would be most gracious of you, kind Dol. I had an idea that perhaps all parties involved might lump all our offerings together so that we can pass as one group. If we all give what we can, Ka’na’al’s idea could work, although I must confess, I am really not quite sure what these mongrels will do. It seems equally likely that they will take our offering and then attack us.”

Tla’ab looking at the group, “I have not dealt with Pit Mongrels myself, but we can assist after that. Myself and my tribesmen will be able to cool small parts of lava to create bridge across the lava (extinguish flame). When it comes to the guards, if needed we can create a distraction by creating some light in another direction. Hopefully drawing the guards attention. (Throw Light). We will leave the skimmers with the ship if that is ok.”

Ka’na’al asked, "What is your business here Candy the Earther? And why should we not kill you for being an Earther spy sent by the Church of One to kill us all?

I don’t mean to be rude. I do mean to be direct. We just arrived at a supposedly secret meeting zone in the Feral south. Then an Earther arrives.

You can I hope understand our confusion at your arrival."

Torlok’ab joined the rest of the party. “sorry for the delay, my men and i were working on securing the ship we captured. I would say that we can try the Mongrel’s idea, except for the fact the Dead have seen group of the Monrels use a similar ploy to lure parties to thier doom in the past. We don’t try to stop them normally, due to the fact that they are unknowning helping to keep trespassers out of the ruins. As for the lava fields, normally the Dead enter from the northern passages, but ourselves and the other dead here maybe able to get close enough to the forces at the door to attack and distract them so you can move up.”

Candy finishes her sandwich, pulls a napkin out of her pocket (the same one the sandwich came from) wiped off her hands and tosses the napkin on the ground. She then turns to Ka’na’al “Pardon me? Threats? That is rather rude, also considering that you kidnap people and send them to be implanted with alien babies you are hardly the one to judge me.” Then Candy smiles sweetly “Also if I wanted to kill you all I would have just sunk your ships, if you want to try to kill this wee little girl you can feel free to try.”

Candy giggles “Anyway, I am here to watch, i promise not to get in your way. Also I am surprised you are threatening me and not him (pointing to Torlok’ab) Thought you guys hated each other, you all are so friendly to those with fur. Generations of hatreds between Olgogs, and Pit Fiends, and servants of Warmonger erased with such ease. Truly a heart warming thing, brings a tear to my eye” Candy reaches back into her pocket (yet again the same one) and pulls out a handkerchief and dabs her eyes with it then puts it back in.

“Whatcha all doing down here anyway? Most of you are quite a long way from your own territory, gonna go looting? Dangerous here, quite suspicious of you all if you ask me. Perhaps I should stick around to make sure you all don’t cause any disasters.” Candy winks and gives a playful smile.

Ka’na’al said, “I am here as part of the crew of the Batavian Bat. And other than suggesting that we should somehow attack the Captain Torkol’ab even though he was one of the three original planners of this expedition you have given us zero reason to trust you, zero reason to understand why you are here lying in wait for us. I also have never kidnapped anyone in my life, I am a singer not a kidnapper. Then again in typical Earther fashion you are quick to judge without giving any reason for what an Earther has in being part of this expedition.
This expedition is run by Kolgol of Ka Rhug and Captain Torkol’ab you need to convince them of your validity not me.”

Ka’na’al seems very emotionally hurt at being accuses of being a kidnapper, walks away from the main group back towards the Bat, but would keep an ear our for Captain Dol if she needs anything.

Uth’lal glanced at the departing Olgog and then looked curiously at the Earth woman. It interested him that she had managed to get here, let alone find them, and then openly profess that she would have sunk their ships. He would never understand their kind, but he had suffered worse insults, so he would tolerate her if Captain Torlok’ab did. Clearing his throat, he turned to her and said,

“Greetings, I am Uth’lal, and I represent Kolgol and the tribe of Ka’Rhug. As Ka’na’al said, I lead in part this expedition, along with the good captain and Bog’an. As to your comment on my tolerance of the grey furs, they have proven themselves loyal allies and fierce fighters on the voyage south. My trust is hard to gain, but when it has been gained I hold to it. They have demonstrated their loyalty, you however, have not. I will not threaten you, nor will I attack you, but I do wish to know how you found us, and why you have come. This is going to be a pleasant journey, and there is a good chance we will all meet our doom searching for what we seek. Also, I will not suffer any more of your rudeness, so please keep your comments to yourself.”

Candy shrugged, "The armies of Warmonger may help you now, but no matter what you or they think they all serve their master in the end.
As to how I found you, i followed your ships in my own. As to why I am here, you are heading toward the ruins of the Sea Kings are you not? You are leading a force of Warmonger’s Dead into that ruin and that worries me. You may trust the armies of the greatest evil in existence but I do not, so I will watch while you search for what you seek.
As for my rudeness, well considering you are friends with servants of Warmonger and the Qual N Drone, honestly the idea of you looting those ruins is quite horrifying. It will be sad if you all try to twist the Olgog tribes into an instrument of evil.

Also, you won’t threaten or attack me, yet you will not suffer my rudeness? If you won’t attack or threaten me what will you do if I am rude? Will you pout and walk away?"

Uth’lal glared at the impertinent human. He had a feeling this would not turn out well.

"Unlike you, I can see beyond someone’s past and see them for more than what they seem to be. For instance, these “Servants of Warmonger” have fought besides me and helped us reach this accursed place. They offered us guidance, methods of reaching the ruins, which I suppose is the destination of this thrice damned voyage. You have come here with no respect for our people or our ways, and simply assume we will allow you to travel with us because you feel that you are above us “kidnappers and implanters of the young”. And as of now, I have yet to attack or threaten you, despite you slandering our people. We have not come here to discuss the morality of what others of my kind have done, or have been forced to do, nor have I come here to chat idly with a prejudiced little earther girl. You claim to know our mission and our motives without even so much as asking, and you continue to assume we are collaborating with the enemies of our kind. However, you have made a grave miscalculation little girl, for I would sooner stand in the company of my own kind, alive or dead, friend or enemy, than an earth-man. If you had come to us and simply asked politely to come with us, we might have given you a chance, just as we did for our dead friends. I will stand by my promise, and will not force you to do anything, but know this, I do not want you here, and until such time as you demonstrate a speck of tolerance, I have no use for you. Excuse me while I associate with my friendly “servants of Warmonger” ".

He stalks off towards his ship, presumably to ensure that it is still intact.

It was sad, these Olgogs seemed to be quite determined to damn their species. Candy sighed. They knowingly admit to furthering the goals of Warmonger and his demonic horde. Candy slid down into her own shadow and popped out 20 feet back next to a small outcropping of rocks. She pulls out her com crystal and reports that the asssembled Olgogs and their tribes are knowingly leading Warmonger’s Dead to the Ruins of the Sea Kings. She cannot confirm that they intend to hand over whatever they find to Warmonger but considering their extreme loyalty to the Warmonger’s Dead it is likely.