Batavian Bat, party ship?

That is right, the new and improved Batavian Bat is now a party ship, bored in unen, nothing going on? join the fun all night long, fully functional bar, party lights, music. come join the fun!

An eight foot tall cambion soldier walked onto the ship’s party deck. He carried no weapons, with his size and powerful musculature, the blue skinned alien didn’t really need one.
He didn’t give a name, they would not recognize his title here. That was what the ancient knight liked about places like Unen.
His eyes scanned the deck for anywhere to get a drink. More than 10 millenia hunting the Ancient Evils gave Rogarth Desdaemon a powerful thirst.

“Welcome aboard, the bar is below deck, just follow the bright glass orbs that light the way. Name is Dol Kuglock, this is my ship. So far we are enjoying a nice peaceful time in port. But that may change at a moments notice. Please enjoy the hospitality while we are here. We do not accept gaz on this ship, however, pieces of metal, wood, useful bits is fine. We just resupplied the ale”

Rogarth looked at the Olgog and smiled, though he didn’t for the life of him think he had any wood or “useful bits” to trade for booze. He reached into his pocket feeling the one ghaz coin he kept there. He liked to think it was a gift from the man who took on the burden of his sword. Maybe it was a good thing they didn’t take money here.
But what to do, he wondered.
“Hello Dol Kuglock I have some metal I’d like to trade. How many bits of metal do they have in one of those shotshell bags the pirates in this region use?”
said Rogarth as he pulled off his shirt. His massively muscled blue-skinned chest was scarred but currently bore a wound pattern resembling a shotgun spread and it looked fresh.
From each wound he pulled a metal nail, some as long as two inches, some little more than broken nubs of metal.
Once a pile of metal bits had been accumulated equal to the two bags worth of blunderbuss fire he had taken on the beach yesterday, he offered the metal to Dol Kuglock asking, “So how many drinks does this buy?”

“Come my new friend, your payment lets you drink for the night.” Looking no where hear disturbed by the extraction of the payment having seen something similar recently. “If we get info on new bounty before the night is out, the choice is your if you will you want to join the trip or exit the ship, however, you are paid for the night.”

A tall Baribur flies down onto the deck of the ship, he stands at 6’3 heavily built with a white tunic and a gleeming half plate mail armor over it. His wings go from bright white which blends into shimmering silver towards the bottom. He is laden down with weapons, an axe is strapped on his back along with a half dozen javelins, in his hands he holds a spear with an intricate metal blade covered in runes.

With fury in his eyes, he shouts “CAMBION! Declare yourself and prepare to dine upon my spear! For too long has your foul Kias blood been flowing through your veins! Soon it shall be scattered to the winds and the universe shall be cleansed of one more abomination! For I am Khered of the Tsogari and I am doom incarnate for your foul species and the disease ridden race they spawned from! Kias are the filth of the universe and we are the righteous ones who shall sweep you all away like the dirt you are!”

Khered compltely ignores Dol Kuglock, and one would suspect that he hasn’t even noticed that there is anyone else around.

Dol Kuglock makes one gesture, and her entire crew seems to glow for a second(if you have leyas sight) immediately the deck is covered with a cloud of gas that makes it difficult to breath.

“I don’t know who this Cambion is that you speak of, but perhaps you should have been invited onto my ship. Mischief causers interrupt the party.”

Readying my weapons, I create a circle around the intruder. “Maybe I got your attention now.”

Khered blinked a few times and coughed a few times. He turned around seemingly surprised at his surroundings, he closed his eyes concentrating, then his breathing normalized (if anyone has leyas sight they would see shapeshift leyas reforming his lungs to filter out the gas) He turns to Dol Kuglock and eyes her up and down as if noticing her for the first time.

“This blue creature before you, the one you are seemingly serving with drinks is a Cambion, they come from an abominable blood line, their race as a whole serves the vile demonic hordes. Thus they all most die, do you serve the demonic hordes to? If not then I have no quarrel with you, if you do then you not only face me but the fury of all the Tsogari. For we are the upholders of light and justice! We strike down tyranny and evil! We are the shining beacon of freedom that all who are oppressed yearn for! We are truth in a sea of lies! We are the summer to warm up the winter of your discontent! We are the fangs that drain the life blood of the wicked! We are like the shape-shifted lungs purifying the poison gas cloud of the dastardly!” (He goes on like this for the next several minutes)

He is so wrapped up in his speech he seems to have forgotten about the Cambion that he was threatening not 3 minutes ago

“Wow, are all of your kind this long winded?” Dol Kuglock, bored from the speech decides it is time to be diplomatic.
“Now i don’t know you, or this guy, but he bartered for drinks, which means he is a valued patron. You however, jumped on my ship and attempted to destroy the atmosphere.”
Looking the winged man up and down. “you do seem to have some very nice feathers though. i could trade ale for those, they would make good arrow flights.”
“I have no problem with them or with you, all are allowed to be on the party ship that want to drink and party.”
“So if you want to stay, you can, have a drink, relax, if not, you may leave.” The coughing cloud vanishes.

"Long winded! We Baribur are quite enthusiastic in our duties! We show the proper zeal that each situation requires! Our dedication to perfection is envied far and wide! Truly our speech patters are unrivaled by any and all within this fair world and all of the other worlds that may or may not be graced with our illustrious presence!

Wait, you want my feathers? That seems to be a bit creepy don’t you think? Do you want some clippings of my hair also? (totally forgot to describe that before, it is silvery as well as well as his eyes) I don’t go around asking for your fur do I? Do you have some freaky feather collection? Have you a shine to Bariburs where you keep their feathers? Not that I would blame you as Baribur wings are quite beautiful, not like those foul Pellebor their wings are disgusting. Our wings have a singular beauty that is unrivaled through out the mutiverse and I must admit my wings are truly a glory among glories and that most others of my kind would turn green with envy at the glory of my wings.
Of course they would turn greener at the rest of me which is truly the very definition of what a Baribur should be, which is why I was chosen to chase down foul Kias and their spawn my unmatched skill has brought down many foul beings in my long lifetime!

OH THAT’S RIGHT! CAMBION!!! I challenge you! How dare you loiter among innocents trying to drag them into our destructive combat! Perhaps you wished to use them as meat shields to protect yourself from my wrath! Foul being! Unlike you I am not a beacon of wickedness! I will not involve innocents in our mighty struggle! I shall wait for you off the ship and protect these poor feather obsessed creatures from your clumsy strikes!"

Without another word Khered spreads his wings and launches himself violently from the ship and right back onto the shore. Several feathers fall off of his wings, 4 white and a single silver feather settle upon the deck.

“Well then, I guess he isn’t a drinker,” Dol Kuglock says with a sigh, “the odd ones come out when the orb is at full.”

Looks at the tall paying customer, “friend of yours i guess? Did you take his woman or something?”

“Nope his father,” replied Rogarth honestly, “I was raised by his father and I guess he is a bit jealous. It didn’t help that because I abandoned his father in battle his father was hurled into a sun by Warmonger. Or at least that was how Warmonger used to tell the story. Though the way his host shivered in fear when he said it always made me wonder if it might have just nearly been the other way around.”

Rogarth downed back another ale and said, “Frankly I appreciate the backup. People come after me all the time, usually to steal my old battleblade, but sometimes just old feuds.”

“As a pirate before creating the party ship, I too have some that try to get at me. So long as my sip keeps sailing, nothing can stop me. I enjoy the ransacking more than the killing lately though.” Dol Kuglock takes a deep breath. “by turning this ship into a party boat, we can make money without stealing, and create a new pub in Unen that doesn’t have ties to the short ones. I am not saying that I am getting out of the pirate business I simply like having other options.”

Khered watched and listened as Daemonsbane and the Olgog spoke, his shapeshifted eyes and ears enhanced by the leyas. His anger grew, vengeance for him? Khered laughed to himself bitterly, the fool got what he deserved, Khered only regretted that Warmonger took the pleasure of killing Desher himself, that kill was stolen, but this one wouldn’t be. Khered played with the idea of destroying the ship from here…no, to die suddenly and instantly was no way for this beast to die. Killing him would be the closest Khered would get to killing the one who spawned him, and he would relish it. He would look into that blue bastard’s eyes and see the light slowly fade. Smiling to himself, Khered launched himself into the air. He looked down upon the ship and waited, the right moment would come soon and this was a hunt that was worth it.

“Options make sense,” replied Rogarth, “I like doing things other than killing folk myself. Too many deaths weigh on the soul in a way you may not realize. Doesn’t mean I won’t kill, I just have seen too many creatures on too many worlds die for one lifetime to be excited to kill for loot.”

“Yes, attacking a ship, and casting it’s crew out of the ship is one thing, however, no matter who dies, they always come back pretty easily around there. No need to worry about actually destroying someone… much.” Dol Kuglock seems to look off into the distance of the rising and falling sea on that last word.

“Im up for defending the ship from boarders for now,” said Rogarth non-noncommittally, “So what brought you and your crew, together Dol? This is too nice to be a former prison ship, and your crew seems happy to be here so probably not conscripted or kidnapped crew.”

“I have no one on this ship that doesn’t want to be here, either they are reclaiming the open sea, or just craving some excitement. The party ship idea was a recent edition, our last captain didn’t like to be seen, remain hidden, smash and grab was the idea. and as such we didn’t end up having much fun along the way.” Dol looks off towards the horizon. “If life isn’t fun, then what is the point?”

(After the battle alongside Captain Kinss)

Rogarth walked up to Captain Dol with a concerned look, "Hey Cap’n, I have to go visit part of my family. I’ll be setting out on foot. My tent is linked to the tent below deck with Shadow, so I will return each night to serve as a bouncer. Just during the day I won’t be around, but hey during most days I was sleeping anyway.
I ain’t telling my traveling companions, because its on a need to know basis.

If you need me during the day, send a pirate into my tent below deck, just make sure to tell em he will be popping out inside my pack so he does not panic."

On the first night after the battle of Drewsport, Rogarth was happy to be working on the Bat. He was out in the harbor and couldn’t see the damage he had done to the town.

“So Ka’na’al, Dol, Ti’Gol. So what do you gals think of this Drewsport situation?”