An Auf walks into a Bar

This bar is located in Unen, and owned by “The Auf” of the Ol’Lur tribe. There are rumors of trees artificed with Pass Trees that allow the Auf to travel back and forth instantly from his tribal caves in Tla’loc’al to his bar.

This bar is his diplomatic meeting site when working with the Goblin Gunners, the Pirates of Unen, and the Vampyrs of Buskt.

[The rules of the Bar are set up by Ol’Lur Tribe, and only those invited to the bar from tribes outside of Unen may be allowed inside. Unen tribes may use this bar as a meeting place, and can use this location to meet with “the Auf”.]

Tlamak leaned on the counter that he had just finished cleaning and looked over the sparse number of patrons conversing and enjoying their tla’na. He had been appointed by his tribe’s elder the task of tending Tlana’ru, or House of Fire-Water, in Unen. Tlamak wasn’t a very good fighter and the job sounded easy, so he gladly accepted.

He was intrigued by the different races that entered the bar every day. They all looked so different and he heard of the ways they behaved, but when they entered Tlana’ru, they were there for one purpose; Drinking and enjoying themselves.

It pleased him inside, seeing such different people drinking, talking, sometimes singing and dancing with each other, and all together getting along. ‘So this is what the elder always talks about’ he mused to himself.

Another one of the perks of the job was that if he wanted to go back to his tribe, all he had to do was walk through the artificed tree in the building’s basement. A few Lalgogs maintained the trees at regular intervals. “The Auf” told Tlamak to keep it safe and secret. The elder had been dead serious, but the younger olgog didn’t understand what the big deal was. ‘It’s just an artificed tree’ he thought, but would respect his elder’s wishes regardless.

Tlamak looked out the large window that had a great view of the port. Yeah, this was his kind of life.

–[Tlamak, the Pirate serving Dol Kuglock who should be named in this thread, Rogarth and Khered enter the bar after the duel. Rogarth and Khered to discuss their upcoming journey, the Pirate and Tlamak discussing further trade in Maklal Juice and Ale.]–

Tlamak, returned to the counter where had become his regular spot to stand, and replayed the amazing battle over in his head. He didn’t mind in the least that he lost the bet. In his mind, it felt like a win. And, to make things more interesting, the pirate who won the bet, had greatly enjoyed the drink Tlamak had taken for granted, being around it so often. Although he was certain he could make plenty of Ghaz on Maklal Juice alone, it would be a smart decision to try and get some variety in Tlana’ru to keep things fresh.

“I’m flattered that you liked the “house special” so much, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your winnings. It seems that we could help each other out. If you were to supply me with a few barrels of your ale, I could easily supply you with a few of Maklal Juice. I don’t know how frequently you come by your ale, but my tribe back home has quite an abundance of the fruit used to make the Juice. Perhaps we can come to an agreement of mutual benefit?” Just thinking about expanding the bar’s stock made his mouth water. It seemed as if his life just kept getting better, even when he lost a bet.

Khered looks around the bar, sniffs a few times then wrinkles his nose, and turning to Rogarth
“I immediately regret coming south. It its way to hot and the smell is wretched. It is also filthy, do you know how long it will take to get my wings clean? They were caked in mud thanks to you, honestly can’t you see how majestic my wings are? Honestly if being part kias wasn’t good enough reason to kill you then staining my wings would be. You suck, truly. So you earned your chance to speak, you should do so, I am waiting here in this hot desert wasteland, couldn’t you have picked a cooler area to hide in? Damn I should have just killed you when I had the chance, I could have been heading north by now, like I said before you suck…” (Khered will keep prattling on until Rogarth interjects)

Rogarth let Khered rant for a little bit, ordering shots of Maklal juice with a chaser of beer. What they called beer here was not as good as the ale on the Batavian Bat, but the Maklal juice was so satisfying.
Once his shot was done he would look at the untouched shot in front of Khered and interrupted him saying, “Drink that, it may help your dissatisfaction. To know where I should start explaining, I need to ask you a personal question. How much do you know about your father, Khered?”

As he said so he drew in a little air leyas to distort what they were saying so prying ears wouldn’t get involved. Well except the pirate and bartender talking shop right next to them.

Khered looked at the small glass of liquid in front of him, from a fruit perhaps, he was in a bar so most likely it was fermented. “I do not drink alcohol, it dulls the mind and hides threats.
As for my father, I personally know everything about him right before he met his doom. He sent me away thrn I hear met up with you then Warmonger killed him. Everything I know about him after that is from the stories.
I know that he was a foolish pawn of warmonger, who should have questioned more then he did”

"We all should have questioned more than we did,"agreed Rogarth downing Khereds drink and ordering another round anyway. It would be a thirsty discussion.

“Back when your father was the Spymaster of the Kias Empire, all people in positions of power were direct relatives of the Kias Emperor Mar’un’ga. Your father Desher and I were half-brothers both of the bloodline of Mar’un’ga. At the time, none knew that Mar’un’ga had become host to the ancient evil called by the Earthers the Warmonger and called by the Olgogs The MagMag Gor.”

“Your father discovered it and became a double agent working for Lord Falos personally.
By then it was too late for countless planets that had been conquered. Some had been incorporated into the Kias Empire. Others…any planet with any species with an alliegance to the Nightmare Lords or the other Ancient Evils…they were wiped out. I had wiped them out.”

Quickly downing another Maklal shot in succession, Rogarth continued, "Your father Desher came to these lands. They weren’t called the Goblin Lands back then. He helped the Olgogs against the Nightmare Lord Mercs serving under the Nightmare Lord Slag. The tribe he lifted up from ignorance still remains. They live far to the east from here and have passed down your fathers teachings.
The teachings he learned from Lord Falos, uncorrupted and still pure.
It was Desher who showed me there was a better way, even if he failed to save the Kias from the corruption eating away at their society.

Now whether you like it or not Khered that makes you my nephew.
And it also makes you the heir to all of your fathers holdings.
I want you to travel with me across the desert to the mountain ranges.
It is important you see what Desher built before he sacrificed himself to try and destroy the Warmonger."

Khered’s face hardened, "Always nice to have a genocidal uncle, good for the family image. Like I said before he didn’t ask enough questions, even after seeing what Marunga turned into he still followed, so he told Falos, who cares, he talked about evil instead of doing anything about it.

So I am heir to his holdings? I do not want a tribe of Olgogs, but I will look at what you want to show me. I agreed to but I do not promise anything more."

Who said anything about owning a tribe of sentient beings thought Rogarth but he kept that to himself.

Instead Rogarth smiled a bit cruelly and said, “I have never taken part in genocide. That is beneath me, I went all the way to Xenocide.”

“We will see if you still believe Desher did nothing about evil, when we get there.”

“Before we go I do need to know that you can survive in a desert. We have a long walk on foot to get there, despite your wings. Have you ever had to find water and food in a desert before?”

A face familiar to Rogarth walks in, yes it was the captain of the Bat. Dol looks about, sees the caked mud on Khered’s wings, so sad, they were so pretty. She walks right upto Tlamak. “So I hear that one of my crew placed a bet with you, I heard what he had bet. I brought one jug of the Bats best ale, come try some on the house.”

An uthvelor abruptly walks into the bar. He is covered in dust, but does not look worse for the wear. He is armored black bone plate armor with two black scythes intercepting across his chest, marking him a member of the Akalus Legionnaires, the peacekeepers between the various Uth tribes on Refuge. The uthvelor warrior wears a grey/silver helm, with a similarly colored faceplate. Spilling from the helm is long grey-gold hair that extends past his shoulders. Strapped across his back is his Uth Sword, sheathed, fomenting the vermin and disease building on his sword. On his side, a springshot pistol, that is worn in such a manner that is not easily accessible in a gun-fight. In its stead is a sheathed grey-silver nodachi, whose shade of grey matches his helm. Upon entering the bar, the Uthvelor firmly pushed his hand against the sword hilt, ensuring it remained in place.

The masked Uthvelor looks around the bar. He remains expressionless and stoic, true to his Akalus soldier training, and walks to the bar. The soldier is here on a mission, and has little time or patience, even if the company is somewhat surprising. He walks over to the barkeep and asks in Olgog, “Greetings, native.” He places a vial with a strange blue liquid on the bar. “I offer his potion of health and vitality as trade. In return, I ask for water and information about Uthvelor actions in your lands. Do you accept this trade?”

Khered thinks for a moment, “Xenocide huh? well, I am trying to exterminate all Kias, so I suppose i would be a hypocrite if I condemned you for that. As for finding water and food in a desert, no I have not, i live in a frozen tundra, I can find food and water there.”

Khered glances at the Uth “Oh great, and I thought it smelled bad in here before, now we have cursed in here as well. Rogarth you really hang out in horrid places, can we leave this place? I want to minimize my proximity to Uth, I feel dirtier with that thing in here then when you coated me with the mud. You can teach me how to find what we need to travel in the desert.”

The uthvelor ignored the comment from the Baribur Tsogari. He was used to being goaded, and it didn’t bother him. Uthvelor that ended up bothered by such comments ended up dead or alone… he’d prefer neither at the moment. His ears did, however, perk up when he heard the name Rogarth. He knew the famed story of the owner of Daemonsbane, especially since he knew the current owner of Daemonsbane well.

“It is not common to see a Balancer and a Tsogari wandering the lands of the Olgog. What brings you both around these parts?”

“It’s not for Uth hunting,” said Rogarth only half joking, “But if you are from Akalus you had to have come south by way of the Dargor Lowlands. We are going to be traveling up that way, how do the trails look? Any Uth armies we need to watch out for?”

The phrase Uth armies perked up Khered’s ears “Well, that would make things lively, would keep the trip interesting at least.” Never get bored of killing Uth after all Khered thought

The uthvelor heard the half-hearted joke made by the cambion. He chose to ignore it, mostly because he didn’t find it funny. “That’s reassuring,” he said stoically.

It was then when the Uthvelor realized his predicament. “None that I’m aware of. The Akalus are not patrolling the region. What you’re more than likely to find are Mind Spikes, breaking the laws and will of Zaodonai Uth by engaging in slave trade. It is because of them that I find myself here. That said, what has you going that route?”

Tlamak found it amusing that the pirate captain offered him the ale on the house in his bar, but was never one to pass up anything free, and eagerly accepted the drink. Oh, is that good stuff, he thought.

He set down his mug and adressed the pirate, “I think, that we could help each other out. If you were to supply me with a few barrels of that damn good ale, I could easily supply you with a few of Maklal Juice. I don’t know how frequently you come by your ale, but my tribe back home has quiteman abundance of the fruit used to make the Juice. Perhaps we can come to an agreement of mutual benefit?” just thinking about expanding the bar’s stock made his mouth water. It seemed as if his life just kept getting better, even when he lost a bet.

His fantisies of being surrounded by an unnatural amount of alchohols were interrupted when a rather frightening looking patron entered the bar. Tlamak looked at the vial of blue liquid, then at the Uth. Containing his surprise (and a bit of fear) he said, “I can’t take this, sir. I can get you the water, but I have no information to give you, and I’m sure that’d be more valuable to you.” The young Olgog was distracted briefly as he filled a mug with water, but rolled his eyes as he realised it was a crack about the bar’s smell. He then handed over the drink and shook his head, “If there’s anything else I can get you, just let me know.”

“I do believe a barter can be had, that juice is quite tasty and has healthful additives. I would like to keep this juice on my ship in my bar.” Dol turns around to look at the new customer. Interesting addition, this bar sure gets plenty of people in it, i must learn the secret as to how, i need more on my Bat. Listening patiently to the conversation unfold between the barkeep and the stranger, and the fine feathered one and Rogarth, thoughts of a new battle to bet on popped into her head.

“Well then, we will hopefully be able to trade soon, however, you seem to be busy right now, and I am heading out of port for fun and adventure. We can discuss terms when i return.” Dol exits the bar and returns to the Bat.

Yohai looked at the barkeep. “Keep it, keep the water coming.” He thought it odd that suddenly an Olgog would just walk out, stating they were busy in response to his request for information. He quickly captured the Olgog’s face in this mind’s eye. There were memories he would be searching… just in case.

The cambion and his companion seemed to be ignoring him at the moment, thought he presumed it was not on purpose. He did not want to spend his entire evening in one place… he had a mission to fulfill. “Well, does anyone else know of any Uth movements throughout your lands?”