A shadow joins the Hob Kol Ur

(OOC: I know that I control both torog_urrgh! and Paxil, and for this thread it would be mostly just the two of them conversing… with a little Ol’yi mixed in. But to make things a whole hell of alot easier for me as my laptop is screwy both sides of the conversation will be done though this posting. In actual mission posts and other forum threads I will try to get my browser to get me to switch between the two characters easier than it has had in the past. But for now enjoy the story.)

Paxil heard much of the Tor’og who called himself Urrgh. He heard much and nothing at all, an outspoken Gog who fought for the well being of the tribes in the goblin lands, but at the same time was absent for most of the fight. Whether this was from cowardice or his own demons could not be surmised. He would see what this warrior of the tribes would say. Walking through the caves of Tla’loc’al un-hindered due to his former status as a diplomat he walked down to meet the tribe of the Hob Kol Ur and see if this was indeed a Gog worth fighting for.

Paxil was glad in a mixture of VLAD and his own gear. A long nightmare leather duster and hat that swam with shadow leyas while underneath was thick hydraulic night armor outpouring with water leyas. His face covered in a segmented oni-style mask fashioned from Qual N’drone leather that spouted mist as he breathed, clearly artificed with air leyas. Under his coat a young dragon slept and any time she stirred the armored Gog would sooth it with a metal clad hand with almost unheard of gentility. “Shhhh Zozo, you sleep. Daddy will do all the talking.”

Barring his way were two young Ur Tor. With spears extended they asked no questions but made no other threatening gesture. “I wish to speak with Tor’og Urrgh, I wish to see if he would like my services.”
The inexperienced guards looked at each other and were confused.

From within the archway a voice spoke “And why would our chieftain speak with you? You seem tainted!”
“Because even tainted meat has it’s uses in hunting, and tainted fruit may still bare pure seeds… useful when one’s harvest has been lack-luster.”
Urrgh stepped from a shadow behind Paxil “And what of the cursed? What of a monster whose hunger causes him to strike at his own kind?”
Paxil stood still, he was being tested. “Many forget that there are many paths that can lead to a curse on one’s Ol. Some take it willingly, some stumble down it, while others have no other choice and are pulled their by those stronger than themselves. I hide nothing of what I am, but if you fear for your tribe – as rightly you should around one such as me – know ahead that I am a selective and discreet eater.”

Urrgh motioned to the guards who lowered their spears. “We can speak, but that is the only right you have earned so far.” He walked around the Vampyr back into their caves. This was the best invitation that Paxil was given.

Once inside the central chamber Torog Urrgh had had all others leave, all others save for Ol’yi who eyed this newcomer with suspicion. They sat upon malie hides and could smell herbs being hung to dry. "Before we discuss the future I wish to know of your past stranger. I wish to know if you are truly one who i may call a brother in battle.

Paxil sat and placed his mask and hat upon the stone ground. There was a burst of energy from his coat as Zoloft the poisonbringer dragon lept from underneath the leather folds and cradled itself in the large brimmed hat. Smiling contentedly as only a dragon can it looked at the others who simply looked at the additional pair of eyes in a mild confusion. “What do you wish to know?”

Regaining his composure Urrgh cleared his throat. “First let us start with your origins, What is your name and where did you come from?”

Paxil took a moment "I was born of the Kug’dol’lur -

Ol’yi scoffed “Impossible, that tribe has been gone for countless seasons. Even my fathers father was not yet born when the Church of One killed the children of the river.”

Not liking to be interrupted Paxil waited until the old Auf was done making his claims before continuing. “My name was Tla’kug’ab before the earthers came with their guns and swords, before the dead were so numerous that they had to pile our bodies while they waited for more of their iron crosses. Needless to say it is a long time for a youth to remain gut-shot but alive under the bodies of his loved ones and betrothed.”

Ol’yi was still unsure of this strangers honesty but allowed him to continue uninterrupted.

“The dead were piled so high it took them days to see to their work, wanting this to be a symbolic victory they stayed and placed the bodies of women and children hanging from their hands and feet along the banks of the river which fed us. I do not remember counting the days, all I knew was I was alive, scared, and very sick. It was here where the youth I was died and the curse of the unnamed plague was born.” Paxil stopped only long enough to pull a strip of dried fruit from his coat and hand it to Zozo. "From there I wandered north to the new-found colonies of the Earthers. My mind was a mess then, still is, but I’ve healed a lot from what I have been told by men smarter than me with many years of schooling. It was at a place with such men who tried to heal my mind that there were more Earthers who were bound to see not only the destruction of our kind but any who they believed were Evil in the eyes of their god. They did not like me, and I did not care for them. In those days I had much less control over what I could do, and the building that was once a place of healing was quarantined and had to be cleansed of the sick. It was in this building I read the name of an old earther medicine, one that had it’s problems and caused many who took it to also take their own lives. This name became my name Paxil.

Urrgh had tried to keep his mind open as he heard this strangers story. He could see a familiar spirit in him, and indeed see a familiar path that he himself could have taken once or twice. Having seen his brothers and sisters die at the hands of the Church of One and not himself falling into shadow was indeed difficult, and for one who was so young at the time. It made him almost redeemed this creature in front of him. Almost.

“Now tell me, Paxil, why do you wish to fight with us?”

Another test, this was becoming taxing. He almost missed the bluntness of the northern Olgogs, then again there was something to be said about a dance and shadow play amidst Gogs who were above ‘I’m bigger so I’m in charge’. “I know that I am what I am, there is no changing that. That and there are few in these lands who would accept what I am and the path that I have chosen. You are not an Auf and not completely bound by tradition.”

“Not for a lot of prodding on my part.” Ol’yi added in his two cents once again.

“Of course, my point is someone who is learned of the old ways but open to the new has an appeal, an appeal that I would wish to join, if only to open my own way in our world once again.”

“Your way and no one else?” Urrgh said with a slight grin to his face?

A likewise smile grew onto the face of Paxil “I do not typically work well with others for long, such is the nature of those who are cursed. And personally my opinion of those who are cursed tends to fall on a person by person basis so lumping cultures of the cursed together is not something I ask for. I have worked for others in the northern colonies from time to time but I am under no will but my own. And to be perfectly honest I have a large score to settle with the Church of One.”

Urrgh smiled “We can work for a while, however when our needs part so too shall we.”

Paxil smiled back and extended a hand “I can live with that.”

Urrgh nodded and took the hand “And you will, unless you endanger the good of the tribes.”