A rather unfortunate turn of events

Eru’Khaz stepped lithely over the sand dune, his shield clattering as he slid down the other side. There were no other gogs here, he had sent them all home separately, as he liked to meander as he went, checking up on various things. He had seen something strange while traveling however, and wanted to get a closer look. He had been experimenting with riding on a Balgog, the only one that he had kept with him, and it had allowed him to see a great distance. Apart from mild discomfort at the heat, he had put a comfortable aura on himself to deal with the fire, as well as the fact that the Balgog dimmed it’s inner flame so as not to incinerate Eru’Khaz.

Reaching the oddity, he found a strange sight. A horse was nuzzling what appeared to be the deceased body of an olgog. The olgog lay face down in the sand, a large bloody hole in his chest. Stepping forward, he moved the horse away, who appeared reluctant to leave the olgog. He placed his boot on the olgog’s shoulder and flipped him over. A slight gasp of surprise came from him as he saw the identity of the corpse. It was Kharos, his sister’s son, his nephew. He was very obviously dead, the strange armor on him seeming to have done nothing to stop the bullet that ended his life. A shadow covered the body as the Balgog stepped over the dune, obscuring the sun. It stared impassively down at the body, seeing nothing of importance.

Eru’Khaz sighed deeply, unsure of what to do. Kolgol had instituted a strict policy of no resurrection for whatever reason, he believed in strange things or something. Eru’Khaz furrowed his brow, having reached a conclusion. He reached out with his mind, summoning the leyas that would restore Kharos to life…

The body of Kharos glows with golden healing leyas and is restored.

Kharos looks up at Eru’khaz and said, “Was i dead?”

Eru’Khaz glanced around to be sure they were alone. It was fortunate he had found Kharos on his own, as Kolgol would declare Kharos a monstrosity if he discovered that he was a resurrected olgog. It was oddly humorous to find him like this, (Kharos’s usage of Uth’lal’s horse was the modern equivalent of a teenager taking his father’s Camaro for a drive while he was gone. Not that he would know this) However the horse seemed fond enough of him, so he wasn’t too bothered by it. He helped Kharos to his feet and said

“Come quickly son of my sister, there is much ground to cover. You were merely wounded and unconscious, that is all. I have healed your wounds for you but we must make it back to the Volcano before we are found by something that is not so friendly as I. Take your horse and travel swiftly to Mount Rhug.”

He helped Kharos onto the steed and saw him off. He sighed wearily as the young gog sped over the dunes into the noonday sun. He turned back to the Balgog who still stood still as the mountain he was carved from, and gestured to him.

“Come Umbra, we have much ground to cover.”

He levitated up to the Balgog’s shoulder, and soon was carried through the dunes by Umbra’s long strides.