A Pit Mongrel Scout Seeks the Karovian Tribes

He was thin, little more than a juvenile Olgog and was not armed except with a bag of throwing rocks. His name was Uf’na. He was no warrior, and was chosen purposely.

The Karovians were known for having the best trail meat in all of the Goblin Lands. Their dried Mak Hoblok was tasty and stayed for many weeks.

Uf’na carried with him trade goods and leaned on a walking staff made of wood.

He sniffed the air, seeking out a tribe with which to trade for food.

Upon finding the scent of a tribe, the scout hopes that he has found the Karovian tribe of Totem Uhryu.
The scout places his head to the sound and begins chanting,
“Totem Uhryu, I have come looking for you so that my people may trade with you and work together against the furless ones who smell of incense and blood.”

Uf’na was crippled, wandering the Karovian hills leaning heavily on a wooden stick.
In his hide bag was a stone of great power, a hob Tor’or .
But he knows he is dying slowly from the wound where his arm should be.
"Oh Uf’na why you so stupid,"he thinks, “you are scout sent to create trade with Karovians, why you hunt the Torkol (bone dead)? You big and strong but no match for even single Torkol gog.”

Little more than an oversized child, Uf’na finally slumps to the ground, “Totem Uhryu no answer, and other Karovians frightened of Uf’na. No one come to save Uf’na now…”

Uf’na will cry and wait in hopes somebody anybody will help him.

As Uf’na lay on the ground crying, life slowly ebbing away a color in the darkness appeared before him. Struggling to lift his head he could see what looked to be a serpentine flame in front of him. He heard a hissing voice emanate from it.

“Child, why do you cry?”

" Because I have failed the Ka Gor’na, and the Ka Gor Tribe,
My pride was too great and I have failed my diplomatic mission.
Whomever you are I die because I was not strong enough."

The Hissing voice was heard once again.

“Ah, poor child, it is strength you lack then? Tell me little one, if you could be given more strength? What would you give for it? What would you give to be strong enough to avenge your past failures?”

After spending far too long in the world, Bill was trying to return to his tribe. The impetuous leader of the tribe tended to stay mobile, so hunting them down took a while. Upon hearing a voice, bill follows the sound to a Pit Mongrel, wounded and speaking to apparently nothing. Believing that he is suffering from blood loss and dehydration, Bill approaches.

Holding out his water skin Bill states “Drink this my child, and let us tend to your wounds. Perhaps you can tell me what you are doing out here as I look at your injuries”

The voice whispers to Uf’na ears

"One approaches, he offers you aid, how pathetic a mighty Ka Gor tribesman to be pitied by an Olgog stranger. You must choose, do you wish the aid of the Ka Gor’na to be strong? Or do you wish wallow in your weakness and the pity of strangers who will never accept you or the Ka Gor’na?

Now is the time for you to choose, power or pity?"

Not sure what to do the juvenile fell back on what his orders had been,
“I sought the tribe of Totem Uhryu who are said to live near here. I was to offer trade. If you are of the tribes of Karov I am to set up trade.”
There was a feverish quality to the way he repeated his mission.

Bill looks at the pit mongrel, focusing the healing leyas to heal the juvenile. Come them, I am not of the tribe you are seeking, but I am of the tribes of Karov. I will introduce you to our leader, and you may discuss this with him.

Uf’na flexed the healed arm and thanked the Karovian for his kindness and help. He said,“One day I repay this to you”

And he followed the Olgog back to discuss these matters and others.

Bill states, “My child, if you wish to repay me, the next time you find an olgog in need, help him to the best of your ability. This is the best way to repay me.”

Bill gave Uf’na some advice on dealing with his tribes leader as they caught sight of the tribe.

“Our leader of our tribe has spent some time in Brez, and took a liking to some of there more size based aspects of their culture. Do not let this deter you, as he will see this as a weakness and seek to use this against you. Stand tall as a proud gog, and do not balk at his gaze. Clearly state what you want, and what you are willing to exchange in return. Be fair, and do not negotiate, as he will also see this as a sign of weakness. Do these things and you will be fine.”

A hissing voice was heard in the young Pit Mongrels ears " they will judge you, they hate your faith. However you must observe, you must listen for weakness, smell their fear and hatred. Use it to be stronger. The Ka gor na watch over you."

Uf’na stepped up proudly with his head raised and his blind eyes staring directly at the young Karovian Chieftain.

“My friend, your tribal, has brought me here to speak of how the Ka Gor Pack has extra obsidian. Good quality obsidian, the spirit of this kalok does not lie, and will cut the flesh of Olgog and Earther with equal ease. If your arm is strong, as I know it is to lead such fine tribals, one of our obsidian pieces lovingly carved into a Gul kalok will seperate the head from the shoulders of a Torkol serving the MagMagGor. We know few trust the Ka Gor Tribe, but our Elder wishes for us to form good and fair trade with others so that we might gain the Animal pelts we will need to survive the winter. Our ancestors would have raided you. But we want to fairly give you obsidian and take home pelts which will warm our pits when we sleep.”

Uf’na did not think of how he had originally come here to trade with one tribe and found another instead. He proudly showed his samples of Obsidian, keeping the Hobtor stone hidden away.

When he reached the obsidian skinning tool, he picked up a kolgul he had caught and quickly butchered it for the Chief. Then he called fire Leyas to cook it. Then he cut thing in half and offered half to the Chief. He would begin eating his half to show it was safe and good. If the chief wanted to switch halves he would do that too.

He just wanted to make the sale.

“If the Chief wishes this could be a great step towards a new friendship. If not, we will be content simply bartering for the pelts we need.”

http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?8-The-Ka-Gor-Tribe

No matter how the battering ends Uf’na would thank cheiftain for hearing him out.

Uf’na would say to his friend the healer from Gultor’Uf, “Now that I have delivered my message, I must move on. I have heard rumors of the tribe of Og Orol and tribe of Totem Uhryu.
I will walk to them next. I invite you to join me, so we may meet new tribes together.
Would you give me great honor by joining me in travel?”

Uf’na set out on foot (up to GultorUf is he joins Uf’na) following the trails to where he might find the Tribe of Og Orol. That tribe had won great fame in battle against the Dead. Since Uf’na hated the Dead he thought they might make good allies.

Uf’na says as he gets there, “Tribe of Og Orol, I am Uf’na of Ka Gor. I come in peace in the name of trade. Will you meet with me in peace?”

(the hissing in his ear returns) “You hear the silence? Smell their indifference? How long have you been standing there? How long will you make a fool of yourself for?”

Knowing the wise Ka Gor’na were testing his patience, and mocking him in hopes he would give up, Uf’na waited in the morning and in the evening. He waited in rain and in sun, and he would quietly collect the rain in his canteen and drink. Once seven days passed he would begin to look for more signs of tribal travel in this region.

If by fourteen days no one had come, he would set up a stand at a tree with obsidian spears. Using a bit of obsidian he would carve a sign in the tree Kalok and Barter.

He would also set up a challenge. In exchange for a bit of food or a drink of water, he would challenge any comers to see if they could sink three bullseyes. If he won he got the food or water, if they won they got a sample of the obsidian. He would take a tree branch and made a throwing dart for them using the obsidian.

The Ka Gor Tribe had done nothing against the Tribe of Totem Uhryu and the Tribe of Og Orol.
Now it was Uf’na who saw the blatant disrespect the Karovian tribes showed Red Furs.

Only the tribe of GultorUf had shown him fellowship and he would not forget it.

Uf’na gathered his obsidian samples and left the lands of Karov learning a lesson about how his fur color denied him access to peaceful interactions with most tribes. If Og orol and Totem Uhryu would not even meet with him then he would show them the error of their.

Now he understood the lesson the voice of the Ka Gor’na were trying to teach him.
When he retured to Karov next time it would not be for trade.