A Journey to the Djinni - Planning at Tla'loc'al

Auf Lalder needed to build a Leyas Generator. But for this he needed to get to the Djinni. This would be a perilous trip. The easy part was the first energy bridge. But from there, aboard a ship or flying some other way they had to go through a Hurricane winds, avoid being electrocuted, and a few other problems. But then was the most perilous part, asking a Djinni for a wish. Phrase it slightly wrong and you can end up in big trouble.

(OCC ** This section with Narrator approval. Additionally in Week 15, I will set aside artificers to create these items **)
Lalder knew he needed help to get there. So he sent out requests for help on this trip. In the request, he offered artificed Item with up to 3 abilities on in to each merc or tribe who helped. The only restriction is that the abilities have to be of the elements or healing. And within his or his others Aufs abilities. Delivery would be 1 week after they returned.

Additionally, any who came along, would also get to talk to the Djinni and make their own deal.

Bill states Why are you being driven to raise an army, and create weapons powerful weapons for them? You seem to be aiding the Warmonger with all the killing you have been doing lately. I am very concerned for all of us gogs with this path you are treading.

Kolgol strode into the room, dressed in plate mail armor and carrying a large steel war axe over his shoulder. He grinned sardonically at Bill as he finished speaking and stated,

“One cannot defeat warmonger without first playing his own game. That is what makes him such a tricky opponent. We cannot win simply by being pacifists and allowing him to overrun us with no resistance. Dying without a fight is akin to fighting with no cause, and we still have much reason to fight back. Besides, in coming here, you demonstrate that you have accepted that this trip will be a productive enterprise that you would like to partake in the rewards of. I would also urge you to remember that Warmonger is strengthened by war, but is still weakened by his minions being slain, even if it is considered ‘warring’.”

Auf Lalder looks annoyed. Yet another one who only listens to gossip and not the full picture. Or forgets all that has been accomplished and all that still needs to be done.

Auf Lalder says "Where to start with this one. I doubt I have helped the warmonger as much as your son did with his attack. But that was a cheap attack.

I have caused the death of few Earthers and even less Olgogs that haven’t first directly attacked my tribe. Remember My tribe was involved in Thomasville only to rescue an ally and got caught up in the fighting. But I will always defend my allies.

But I do ask this, try not to nit pick my words, but look for the greater intent. I tell you my goal is to make the Olgogs safe. And for that, feel we need to be united, fed, and strong. And before you jump on that, united does not mean I want to conquer all of the Olgog lands. I’m mainly after the tribes working together and not fighting.

So Lets start with this. Since we formed the UtR, how many tribes have decided to join us, and to not fight each other, the way things would have happened just last year. Its greatly reduced. Would we have been able to defeat the Warmonger’s forces without our working together as the UtR and the Lur Union?

Next, How many Olgogs would have been wiped out if we did not have these weapons to defend ourselves? The Fighters, Armor, and weapons were critical in pushing back the warmongers forces and removing them.

Next, let me ask you this, if that army did not exist, what would those gogs who now belong somewhere be doing? Would they be helping the elderly? Would they be peacefully farming? I give those soldiers a place to below and to do something for the good of Olgogs, not just themselves. And I plan to allow any Olgog either join the Army or the Farms that will produce the food we need for the UtR. Tribe or Tribeless.

The army is based on my 24 former Tribeless Olgogs who are now members of my tribe. They just needed a place to be, a way to feel needed, and something to do. And for others to stop spitting or looking down on them. They have been extremely valuable members of my tribe and I’m glad to have them.

I will absorb the army back into my tribe if noone wants the UtR to have an army. I will not abandon them.

My next question for you is, how do you stop wars and battles with a foe who wants to do nothing but fight. There is only one answer to this. I’ve tried the others like hiding, praying, hoping, and being only defensive. Eventually they all fail. The only answer is a deterrent of Strength.

If a foe, other than the warmonger’s forces, feels you are an easy target. They will attack and take what they want. Just like what is happening in Brez right now with my farm. This includes earthers and Olgogs alike. We Olgogs are our own worst enemy.

But If a foe realizes they will loose, or have unacceptable losses, they will not attack you. Hence less war.

As for the weapon I think you are talking about, do you know all of the features of the Carrier I’m building. Yes its huge, yes it can store Lur Union fighters, yes it has a few weapons, yes it has great defences, and yes it could be a mobile military base.

But what about the other features. It has a medical bay to help treat the sick, both mentally and physically, it has cargo bays large enough to bring supplies for a city. It will be able to produce rain over an area. We could bring food where gogs have none. Produce water for crops. Have a base to run relief missions in the case of a disaster, earther, gog, or naturally created. This is more than a weapon. These latter reasons are the reason its so big.

The Leyas generator. I don’t need that to fight with. The carrier is levitated by crystals, not leyas. I’m after that for the Life support and to create an exploration ship. Something we gogs do not have today. And something no other will trade or give us.

I have worked to create Leyas tech, so others realize we do have strength and so our enemies realize we are not easy targets. We can stand up to the earther weapons and defend ourselves. We do not have to run, hide, or be murdered. We can concentrate on Living and helping our race. We can also create items to help all olgogs have water and make life easier on most olgogs.

And finally, I build as many farms as I do weapons. I train farmers and warriors. How many farmers have you trained? How many farms have you created in your life?

I am old. Very old. I have spent many many hundreds of years trying to find ways to protect and grow my tribes and Olgogs. And without strength, each has ended in failure eventually. I’m tired of seeing the church think they can kill us when ever because we refuse to protect ourselves. I’m tired of watching tribes fight each other over scraps. We need 2 things. We need strength to protect ourselves, and we need the food to feed ourselves. We have everything else.

(OCC Note, I have 2 threads already for building farms besides my tribes personal farms. And waiting the UtR council to bring up the seeds and where to plant them.)

(OCC sorry for the rant, I just kept writing and writing and writing… . :-p )

Auf Lalder smiles at Kolgol "And I agree with what you said as well.

By the way, did you get the Exploration ship? if not we will have to come up with something else. Something maybe to protect the lur union fighters."

Auf Lalder rant told Bill more than his words. He must chose his next words carefully

“Any excuse will serve a tyrant.”

When Lalder start to retort, Bill cuts him off

"When the Brezen army was raised to remove the Church of Oner’s I was at that vote. At the time I believed that it was in our olgog’s best interest to remove them from what we considered our land. I spoke about the need of protection, and defending our society. Every voting leader from Tla’loc’al voted against going to war, they didn’t have a solution to the incursions, but they voted against it anyways. I believed that action in that case was better than inaction. Perhaps the leaders there were right, if what comes of war is gogs like you.

I believe that every gog should stand and deal with his mistakes, and his mistakes alone. I do not wish to hold another’s sin against someone innocent. If you wish to hold my son’s actions against me, it is your right. But I will not stand for you taking gogs and enslaving them because of someone else crime. I know you arranged to have the gogs following Mag Buskt released, but you did allow them to be enslaved in the first place even after speaking out against slavers, and not allowing Ur King gogs into the UtR, if they allowed slavery.

I have heard your speal about entering the UtR, and it is extortion, to use an earther word. One of your representatives explained you had surplus of goods, and you would share, only if we joined you. And that we were to do what you asked, when you asked or you would no longer help the tribe with what was needed. This seemed an affront to every moral traits a society has.

You say that this mobile military base offers some room for healing, and that make sense. If you were to build a military base, an infirmary is a good place to have. Telling some gog that it is okay to have a mobile military base because you can help the sick with your infirmary is like saying it is okay to torture a sentient being because you can heal his physical wounds. The original reason it is there does not outweigh some potential good it may do, if you are so gracious enough to allow it.

You are dictator. The only reason to maintain an army is conquest and your plan to absorb the army into your tribe if the army is dissolved show that you mean to maintain power by force.

And there is no need for this. Mag Buskt would have been considered my enemy in the past, but I destroyed him as my enemy when I made him my friend. No fighting, no bloodshed.

And that is without showing true olgog strength. These weapons are nothing compared to that. I was at the tragedy at Bartsport, where less that 12 gogs, including me, underestimated ourselves and covered the town in 3 inches of ice, kill every inhabitant in the town. My tribe has more than 5 times that amount, what would happened if all of them collaborated to create a nonlethal leyas defensive grid?

There is a better way than strength of arms, we as leaders of gogs should try and find them"

And someone please explain to me how your plan to defeat warmonger by out warmongering him is suppose to work?

Kolgol blinked in surprise at Bill’s speech. He was thoroughly shocked by his tone and words. He’d been with him on many missions, but he’d never heard the Bill’mis speak so vehemently against something. Collecting himself, he spoke to Bill.

“Friend, what would you have us do? We are trying our hardest to stop what is considered to be the greatest threat to our world we have ever faced. Although you do not approve of our methods, at least we are trying to do something of use. Auf Lalder has made many improvements to aid communities of gogs all across Refuge. He has not stood by waiting for death to come to him, and thinks well ahead to help others who may be harmed. I understand that you believe we are misguided, and perhaps we are, but I am not a gog to wait idly and insult others for trying to protect themselves. I too was there when we destroyed Bartsport. Was it an accident? I think not. We were made for this, to destroy, to rebuild, and to further our race.”

Auf Lalder says "Bill, if you wish for different direction be a part of things, then speak up. Don’t come calling me a tirent for actions you think I may take or for actions I’m not guilty of. And do not put your guilt of the Brez army or Bartsport on me. The Brez army should have never attacked. They were foolish and unprepared. And for Bartsport, I was not there and had nothing to do with it. So that is not my crime.

I have not attacked first on Gog or Earther.

My responses have all been defensive or to save allies. I have not forced anyone to join my side. But there are benefits to being a member of the UtR. I can’t help that, I personally have limited resources. I can only teach so many gogs at one time. I have 2 groups out teaching farming right now. How many do you have? And I have also said if others wish to learn to farm, I will teach. In fact I’m trying to get more tribeless to help farm for the UtR.

Let me ask you this, Name that Gog that I have conquered. I can tell you the answer none. There are 2 other Olgog nations/tribes that exist. When they decided not to join us, did I do anything against them when they said no? Nope. Have I done anything to the Ferals who didn’t join us? No.

And on Mag Buskt, remember you were the first to attack and that I too have made peace with Mag Buskt. In fact I was one of a few who tried to talk to him. Tried to solve the issue between himself and our tribes without striking first.

At first, I believed those gogs who followed the Olgog the Olgog, the gog who just killed Thousands in an attack on Tla’loc’al and my tribe days earlier, would attack us again. I entrusted them off to an ally until we could figure out a better way to deal with them instead of just killing them. Sometimes that takes time and it eventually happened. I suppose I could have had tea with them and asked pretty please for them not to kill my gogs like their leader did just days before.

My not abandoning the army is different. Those gogs have signed up to help the UtR. I will not tell them they have no place to be. And while part of the Army those gogs who may have starved or turn to crime, are healthy members of the UtR helping the UtR. Remember, that army is not under my personal control. 3 Members or more have to decide to use them I believe. And there is one who can veto. I think the army has enough checks and balances to keep it from being abused. If I was this tyrant you claim, would I not have kept that power for myself.

Should we try and make peace with our enemies, yes. But should we do that while giving them our throats to cut, No. I don’t support attacking others first. But I do support being strong and ready for when they attack. Because with the warmonger on the move, they will."

Auf Lalder says "One more correction. My tribe has never claimed extra resources. We need the numbers of others to produce enough for others. We can tell others how to farm. And through that, feed them. But we can not feed everyone with just a hundred gogs. This same thing goes for UtR. The reason the UtR will have enough food is that the UtR is building farms. My tribe is just teaching and organizing others into producing more food as part of this.

I have been trying to work with our enemies to make them friends. I have even being doing this Oners and Earthers in an attempt to stop the fighting. At least in our lands. With the Oners in charge locally, we have a chance to stop the fighting. I fear we have little chance with the Oners in charge at Dunesphere though.

Also, I am working on putting a process in place to teach any who wish to learn Tla’or in place. This is a big task, and if you wish to contribute to it, I would gladly accept the help. I need more gogs who can teach Tla’or. I’m training most of my tribe to be able to teach that. It will take a while, but if we eliminate Tla as a resource in limited supply, us gogs will fight less.
"
By this point, Lalder is face is neutal, but his eyes have a fire to them.

(OCC I don’t know the results of the Visit Lord G’s bedroom mission, but this is a reference to this.)

(OCC Also Bill, you have hijacked my planning thread. So this can go on for a little longer, but eventually I’m going to push the thread back to planning. :-p )

Auf Lalder sends a messager to the Urik’s Outcasts saying “I know this is quick turnaround on that favor, but I could use your help in a trip to the Land of the Djinni. Your Gogs as immutables will be of great value as the Djinni can’t affect them with their Leyas powers.”

Auf Lalder says to Kolgol “Is Squire Dominic available for this mission with your new explorer ship? If possible, I would prefer to use that as my lur Union fighters will have a hard time in the storm on the way to the Land of the Djinni.”

Kolgol looked up from the comm crystal he had been listening to.

“Aye, he’ll be there. He is going to stop by Mt. Rhug and pick up some gogs to be crew on the ship before picking us up here. From what I understand it should accommodate us all comfortably.”

Auf Lalder smiles "Good. Make sure those you bring have some protection from Energy Damage. This is the land of Air basicly. Lightning would be easy to create and will most likely be one of the main attacks against us.

Well that takes care of transportation. We need to figure out how to get by the storm lords. "

Urik ducked his head as he walked into the chamber as usual a hand rolled cigar was clamped between his teeth. He deftly plucked it from his mouth and stubbed it out on his callused palm as he entered. He nodded to the gathered gogs
“Sorry I took so long your message had a little trouble reaching me. A trip to visit the Djinni is crazy. I figure you got a good reason thought and you got that favor due so we’re in. All I need to know is just what you want from us?”

Lalder says "As immutables there will be cases when your gogs are immune to the Leyas effects/attacks of the Djinni. This may lessen their ability to intimdate us. The Crazed Air spirits have huge Air attacks, and you presence would limit those effects.

Please take the Armor I offered if you do not have any. I cannot shield your gogs like I do mine, but I can surely give you armor.

What I’m after is Djinni blood. With this I could make a Leyas generator. This will allow us to explore. Go into the other dimensions that we cannot normally survive in. It would keep my carrier ship with Breathable air even if an enemy strikes it with an Air Ward. This would allow us to go to space where there are no leyas at all.

We lost thousands gogs to the laser strike that Olgog the Olgog did on Tla’loc’al. And it also showed us we have no defence against that type of attack. This can solve this.

Lastly, this gives us a chance to expose more to the United Tribes of Refuge, and gain further recognition. I hope the more races, countries, and allies that recognize us, the less likely the Church of One is able to destroy us. Whether from more allies, or just more pressure for them to leave us alone. I don’t care which as long as it keeps them from attacking. I have some hope with the Lord that controls some of ther Oners here. But we need to what we can to prevent an attack before it stops.

Feel free to make your own request of the Djinni if you wish as well. Just be careful. I am not asking for a wish, but a trade. I plan to offer a story, entertainment, for some of their blood. I’m not sure if this mission will succeed, but I think we have a good chance.
"

Urik nodded, “Alright, we’ll barrow the armor and I’ll have some of the boys come here. We can set up a couple machine gun nests on your ship. Well I assume you have a ship or you wouldn’t have bothered asking anyone here. We’ll provide some extra fire power and try to jump in front of any leyas attacks.”

Jhonhi walked in to the meeting area. “I heard you all needed help going to the land of the Djinn. Well, it’s a terrible idea. Even worse than what you guys made shirley do. But we stick together. So if you guys want to do something really stupid. The Gang of the Uf Mag’og and the Great Northern army stands with you. Let’s just hope it we make it back home. So we’ll take your lead, Auf Lalder, and we’ll be the og behind your journey.”

I speak up, and you tell me to speak up?

I did not attack Mag Buskt, I went to speak to him and ran across my son in his armour. I did not know it was him at the time.
I, and other Uhryu were going to speak to Mag Buskt on what is plans were, but due to unresolved issues with my son I was unable to
do so.

When trying to rescue your allies, did you ever consider going to talk to the person holding them, or did you decide to attack the first?
You found Mag Buskt to be a responsible gog, did you try and speak to him first or attack him? Did you ever stop and think that if you
spoke to him first, you may have found a way to come to an agreement without blood shed.

It works, if you try and understand a gogs plight. I have done it with the KulGul militia when they kidnapped some gogs from my tribe.

If you tried to work something out, how many gogs wouldn’t have been injured at the attack on Unen? How much death would have been avoided.

This is what I mean by justifing your warmongering was, there are many options to you that wouldn’t include them but you default to it as your
first option, then say its okay because there is a little good with it. It is just like this monstrousity, this mobile military base, of your.
You justify it by saying there is a medical center in it. This are things that empower warmonger, and they are exactly what you are doing.

You told me slavery is abborhant, and that you will build a society free of any form of slavery. Yet when you found out what was happening
to the gogs that followed my son, you did nothing. How evil is that, you know gogs are enslaved and yet do nothing for them.

And let us speak on these farms of yours. Fors years, my father and my fathers father spoke of the earthers taking over land that
belong to the tribes. The would come in and claim a piece of land for there own and then “defend” the land when others would come
across it. I hear you are coming across that issue in Brez, with your farms. You have taken the land, sectioned it off, just like
the old homesteader earthers .You think you are doing good, but what of the other gogs that used that land? By taking the use from
them, you are starting conflicts within the tribes. You should be well aware that many tribes wander the same areas, during different
seasons. It has been our nature for a long time.

You haven’t though about this, you just do as you please and the react with violence when things aren’t going your way or there is the
slightest hint of conflict. That makes you a tyrant.

Please think about the path you are traveling down because right now [I can’t tell whether you are a pig or a human]{subsitute this for an appropriate animal farm like olgog refernece}

Auf Lalder says "
I see how little honor you have to treat one who risked much to save your life. I am starting to count that as a mistake. At least an annoyance.
Now Begone. I won’t even argue with you as you don’t listen. You look at ways to twist words. You even make things up. The farm lands in Brez are handled by the Brezs. Not I. There farmland is theirs, not mine. The land was their tribes, not mine. The farms I build for myself have been my lands and have been for generations.

The only reason that seems logical for you insult and rant like this is to start a fight or a war between our tribes. Maybe to try and break up the United Tribes of Refuge, maybe to start a fight between myself and Mag Buskt hoping he’ll come to your aid. I will not fall for your tricks. Unlike what you say or feel, I do avoid killing when I can.

You think what you wish, I no longer care what you think. You have proven that you only hear the words you wish to hear.

Do not come to any meeting or mission I run where I personally request friends and allies. If your tribe needs help, go through the council. I will always help the united tribes of Refuge. If you wish to bring something up to me, go through the council. Now since the United tribes of Refuge is tribe based, leave my presence, leave my lands. You and yours are not welcome until you apologize.

Now leave.”

Lalder points to a tribesmen guard and says “You and 10 others escort Bill to the edge of our Lands. Let everyone know he and his is no longer welcome in our land and caves until they can treat us with respect and apologises.”

Lalder then says to Kolgol after Bill leaves "The Lur Union does not have to follow these same restrictions. I just didn’t know what else to do. "