A Day on the beach with GoDart (And Derlur)

The morning was young, the music of the waves broken by one gog moving a boulder. This wasn’t just a small boulder nor any gog. Its OtO, setting up a task for Derlur the Nomad. Smith and Yirhig, some of the other nomad don’t have the mentality to understand what needs to be learned. But if they came, he would let them try.

The cracking of fallen branches was almost rhythmic, each partial roll of the rock scraping away the soft earth to reveal the hard stone beneath it . At each step OtO carefully stepped holding the rock, controlling it so that doesn’t crush any of the tribe members below.

Time passes, as time does, but OtO wasn’t aware the time. The light changing angle as the sun rose over the island, the sweat starting to saturate his fur.These are the things that told him the time

Shortly after morning everything was in place for Derlur, a boulder, a tree trunk in the shape of a y, a strait log with notches in it, and a shovel. Each degradable part was protected by nightmare hide. t

OOC: OtO can lift 1 ton according to the book, I am assuming he can roll a 3 ton rock.
OOC: GoDart and Derlur are invited to this thread. Note that you don’t hear anything until after your first post (GoDart might hear about the lesson and I don’t want Derlur to cheat).

Red made everything faster. But this little superstition would never apply to Godart. Not that he wished it. Still, red was his color. It went well with his boots, jacket and hair.

The ride in the two-seated gyro-copter was uneventful and uncharitably rough. His mate drop him off on the beach as Godart pondered the last two years. It was amazing what two years of studying and planing AND acquiring could get somegog.

But luck runs out after a time and you have to work diligently to grow it strong. Or something like that…

to Olgog the Olgog

You’re becoming quite the popular person in these parts.

Olgog the Olgog

More like infamous, Not that I can help it. Those gogs needed more help than I could have given.

Welcome to Mag Buskt’s Island, my home.

I haven’t heard of you before we met and I have been trying to keep tabs on the local populous. Where have you been hiding, if you don’t mind me asking?

Not under that rock. You doing some art and crafts?

Olgog the Olgog

I enlisted someones aid and in return he wanted to learn basic technology. I figured I should start with the basics, I have everything here to create a rudimentary lever. The stuff here is so that he can build a lever to move the rock to the opposite side.

The gog said he might send one of his subordinates, I really hope he doesn’t. His subordinates don’t seem to have the insight to understand things that aren’t explicitly told to them.

Anyways, When we were with the other gogs it seemed like you wanted to speak about something specific. What was it?

I’m looking to relocate someplace safe enough for my science project. An island in the middle of nowhere is good. Plus, you seem to have some control or knows someone with control over the kill satellites over the planet. Kill sats would be bad for my project.

Olgog the Olgog

Why are you trying to go to space?

I may be able to help, but I would need to know your intentions. And for me to help certain facilities on would need to be build to enable this to happen.

Simple. Because it’s there. Life is too short to bicker over one rock in the universe. I can handle the building and the testing and training on my end. What are you looking for out this?

Olgog the Olgog

Out of this? Hmm, It would be more of filling needs that I have, I lack sufficient manpower and resources. Specifically, I am working on building a production facility where I can build power armour and other small vehicles. In the end, I plan to have nanite capabilities, I don’t want to be scrounging for nanite syringes the rest of my life.

Some refined zela would be nice.

In all practicality, the satellite relay I have access to would need to be rebuilt. The dish is okay, but the computer systems to run it have been fried. In addition, I would have to speak to the Iron Republic to negotiate a treaty of some sort to allow this. This won’t be easy.

More importantly, I don’t want the island to be a target. We would need an on the continent staging area to minimize the traffic to the island.

I think a partnership would be better than just renting space, I think we would progress more if we worked together. Our goals, while not identical share many common features that enhance each others goals.

Partnership, bronze lips and zela. Someone got a long memory or eyes everywhere.

throws a stone chip into the ocean

Yeah, what are your goals? Not the how or the what - explain the why for me.

Olgog the Olgog

Mag Buskt is a wise leader, one that knows how to rule well. One to take action only when needed. Everyone else down here is not, those guys at the meeting first though was to turn to violence to get their ends. Hell, they were trying to release one of the lackies of a greater demon, and they are some of the wiser gogs down here. Really what this place needs is a single leader, one that is capable of leading well.

The only one I found able to do that is Mag Buskt. The others that would be able don’t have the discipline needed to make the choices when they are hard.

looks of skepticism

Sure.

How’s he at teaching? 'Causes in the long term, teaching is going to be what going to save our asses. All of are asses - Gog, Earther, Falosini Kin and what have you.

Olgog the Olgog

I know you are skeptical of my claims of Mag Buskt, as you should be. You haven’t seen him as I have, the decisions he made.

Teaching? he is a competent teacher, he taught me to speak the bruski dialect of olgog in 2 weeks.

Right.

You are a target. You’re island is a target. Me? Who do think am I? Who does anyone in these lands think I am? Don’t answer that.

does a little spin

What do you want in return?

Olgog the Olgog

Men, supplies and a forward base somewhere in Unen. More specifically for supplies I need iron, bronze and zela.

I think an alliance would be better, if you were willing. That way we could share resources and the machinery we build.

I have some ability to produce tech that others in these lands can’t, things you would be able to use.

You or one of your men would provide a face to places I can’t go, interact with people that won’t with me. And a forward base in Unen. I know you most likely have something, a hideout that would work. I know of gogs here that would be able to make a door to the island we could travel through and have easier access to the continent.

What say you?

I got a shop in Unen. Bunker-ed up that is. I have… some… machines. Got iron, copper and tin you could use. I got… some… zela.

"Godart grin*

I could help you out with your projects. Just need to use your island and some of your experience to house my friends and stuff. And their stuff.

Olgog the Olgog

That works, Do you want this written up as a formal contract or is a verbal okay?

I have to get this approved by Mag Buskt, but I don’t foresee a problem with it. He is reasonable with these types of situtaitons.

I bet he is. Verbal is good enough for me.