VofV Comission Diplomatic Tent: Kali Devorah has little Patience for Olgogs

Kali Devorah was sitting in an expensive looking tent waiting for her new “allies”. After the failures of the Brotherhood, she had little patience for the natives. These “Mag Der’al” attacks had made her citizens fearful for the first time in her own lifetime. The Valley of Vegalia was still cleaning up after the last attack, and the citizens wanted the natives punished for their terrorism.
As a member of the Comission, she had been authorized to us extreme force if needed. So far she had little respect for the native leadership, but two Olgogs had piqued her interest and she invited them to this diplomatic meeting as a result.

[This thread is only open to Tor’ab of Auf Lal’al and Urog of Uf Mag’og. They may invite others but must do so by name as Kali Devorah’s guards will execute any Olgog who approached the tent without an express named invitation]

“Welcome,” she said, “The Brotherhood will no longer be handling Diplomatic Relations between our people. The Mag Der’al situation has changed our…dynamic.”

The events in Karov came with good news and bad news. Much sadness weighed on Urog’s heart. However, there was at least one small victory - he was in the tent of Kali Devorah. He could tell immediately this would not be the same conversation that was had with Sirra. He was hoping for peace as he recalled Mag Aug Yyanyi’s words… the Earther problem … rang through his head over and over again.

Urog wore his customary armorfiend platemail armor on his chest, the axe of Nngao hanging from his side, the Strength of Protodoxa on his arm, a small satchel tied to his waist containing urya and a large satchel slung over his shoulder.

“Greetings. My name is Urog and I am the tribal leader for the Great Northern Army and the Gang of the Uf Mag’og. I bear the title of Goblin King, but since I am your guest, you may simply call me Urog. Thank you for this invitation.” He opened the large satchel and out came dried pieces of meat, fresh maklal, and a small stone artificed with some form of tla’or. “As I am a guest, I have brought food to share and Brezan herbs to smoke.” He pulled out a pipe and some urya as well.

“May this discussion be as plentiful.”

Tor’ab was not happy over what went down in Karov, he feared that the worst was yet to come. Tor’ab thought to himself "And when will those #$@@#$@ (Olgog swear) Aufs start being the diplomatic ones so I don’t have to be. now calm down. This is important. Today, he would try to be on his best behavior. Try not to anger anymore countries at them. They needed less enemies, not more. He knew that Urog was better at the diplomacy than he was. Tor’ab’s job until recently was to end dangers to the tribe, not make friends with them. "

(OOC Using the Correct Bow or greeting using his new etiquette skill)
As Tor’ab enters the tent, he says “Greetings. I’m Tor’ab, Elder of Herd of Auf Lal’ al, I have no other fancy titles though… I guess I also represent Lalder, Elder of the tribe and Councilgog of the UtR. The Mag Der’al are no friends of ours either. They have attacked us as and our allies as well.”

Kali Devorah accepted the pipe and enjoyed a deep draw of the urya.

“Heh nice pull, Urog,” said the comission administrator, “Haven’t enjoyed anything that good since University.”

"Welcome to you both. It will be a hard time in these lands. There are terrorists who have done worse than kill my citizens. They turned them into monsters. Do you know what that means? Nightmare attacks once under full control have increased 500%. Do you understand what a 500% increase is like? People are getting eaten left and right because of something they saw happen weeks ago to their loved ones.

My people want blood and I am apt to give it to them. If they think the monsters are handled they can go back to their calm safe lives keeping the economy going."

Urog smiled as the commission administrator took smoked the urya. He took a puff from the pipe and passed it to Tor’ab.

“Turned into monsters? How? I have heard no reports of such attacks on the colonies to the east. Also, I admit, I have no idea what 500% of anything is. Is percentage an Earther thing? Sorry, I digress. Blood … that is something I understand. The Earthers of the North also demanded blood. One problem. Mag Der’al isn’t a tribe. It’s not a faction or group. It’s a disease… born of olgog blood. It infects an olgog, gives them more og. When you kill Mag Der’al, the blood spills from the body and infects the nearest olgog. Starts the whole thing over again. Your hairless want blood … but blood is the problem.”

Tor’ab took a puff and passed it along.

Tor’ab says "Also, EEF has developed something that can cure the disease. And possibly prevent it. End that cycle. The Dead attack delayed us, but we have been trying to cure those we can. And hunt down the Mag Der’al before more attacks happen. Now that they are gone, we can continue.

As for the nightmare problem I did not hear of either. But the brotherhood had cut all communication. T he oners have been bombing and killing gogs from our tribes for a long time now, everyone has seen it sometime in their life. So when the attacks happen here, they were bad, but did not produce the nightmares.

Also, We have ways we’ve learned to deal with it. Each tribe has it’s own ways to deal with this. My Tribe, we artificie objects, even trees that consume the fear and calm the emotions of those who witness horrors. We leave them in the presence of these objects until they can learn to deal with their emotions. Also, we leave them with light artifacts in case a nightmare is created. These are done to buy the time needed for the strong emotion of fear to lessen. We can show some of your mancers these items to get into mass production.

I know these ideas to not compensate blood.

But by giving the people something to actively do might push the population towards healing themselves and give them a sense of control. That sense of control might stop the nightmare creation faster than anything else."

Kali pursed her lips, "These fear consuming trees would be a good option to offset the Nightmares in our lands. Having a few of the VofV Commission farmers trained in how to make them would be good.
Of course we could not have that information spread to the wrong hands or to the common man who might abuse such an power.

How is progress moving on closing in on the Mag Der’al who launched weapons at us?"

Tor’ab says "We have made great progress through my tribes lands. We have made alliances with a tribe called the Mag Daron which exists to hunt the Mag Der’al. Also As far as I’ve seen, the protection that Guluf’tor to the Mag Der’al supplied has been stop, or at least changed.

The trade groups have started receiving vacines to the Mag Der’al from the EEF. We are looking into the next steps for that.

Our only delay comes from an internal Striff matter with the Ka Rhug Tribe.

A demon claiming to be Kalok, the god they worship rose above Simmonsburg and attacked it. Also the balgogs of the Ka Rhug Tribe also attacked simonsburg. We stopped the attack and they retreated to their Volcano Mountain.

It seems the incident with them and the ferals was a warning we should have paid attention too. It angers me that our trust was so misplaced.

Once we have dealt with this false god and the production of these infernal balgogs, we can turn our full attention back to the Mag Der’al."