Treaty approval between Mag Buskt and OtO

Mag Bustk,

I have met a gog named GoDart that wishes to make a verbal alliance with us.

We would get use of his base on the continent. He would get use of this island to build a space ship and launching pad.

Together we would rebuild the satellite dish that is on the other side of the island, so that we can communicate with the Iron Republic and get permission to launch.

We would share resources, on our end using the machines we have to build the specialized parts, and GoDart providing the raw materials to build the things we need.

We would be responsible for building a shadowdoor between here and his base, along with staffing it so that someone could drag immutables through. I believe this is within our capabilities as the tribe members are skilled in shadow.

On a personal note, GoDart wants to get off this planet. His wants and are are not in conflict, and as he is an immutable, would benefit our people with new technology and more resources coming in. We may be able to enlist his aid to contact other alien species as trading partners once he is off the planet.

I think we should approve this, what say you?

Mag Buskt was sitting at the triangular table. His hand drummed on the surface, and his eyes held a puzzled look. His champion had been busy on many occasions, but it was rare that he actually heard of any heroic deeds being done.

Maybe it was just the young olgogs didn’t have any context. Then again, he also knew he was missing the context of his champions requests. Mag Buskt had not reached his position by making decisions lightly.

"My Champion, What is a spaceship? And why do we need one?

I have my island and all the lands I will ever need.

What is up in space that I have any need of?

Here I have food and drink, and Bruskti to serve my bidding here.

And who are this Iron Republic that you say we need permission from? I have never heard of them before."

Olgog the Olgog

Mag Buskt, This is one planet there are many others. A spaceship is a ship that travels in between the areas between planets . Just as an airship travels through air, these travel through space. The thing that powers a spaceship is different though.

We don’t need one, but there are boons that go along with building and learning about the things needed to make the spaceship. It can be comparable to learning different techniques with the leyas, one may help you learn other techniques.

By helping GoDart with his technological endevour, we can learn new ways to apply technology to make life easier.

As for use of his base, that is a security concern. It is easier to maintain safety if we have an on continent location that we can come through. There is less weather hazards to worry about and in case of attack we would have a place to get away, if needed. The same goes for GoDart. Not that I am suggesting an attack or anything like that is coming.

The Iron Republic is a group of Quall n’drone and earthers that work together. They have something called satellites around refuge that are weaponized. The EEF has access to several of these satellites. There are several capabilities that they have, several allow communications with a technical means and seeing pictures of the land.

A discussion on satellites can go on for a while, if you want to continue I think that you should start learning basic technology. I have a basic lesson set up for one of the nomads, they did me a favor so I am returning it by teaching basic technology to them.

One of the things I have been undertaking is monitoring what is happening on the continent in the [Bruski word for goblinlands] . There are reports of aliens called neliff[sp?] that have created a nest. They infected any being they can and spread by killing other sentient beings. In a fight between 20 quall and 1 neliff[sp?] it is better to take on the quall.

They can be killed and the most efficient way to do so is by using chill. There is a technological analog for this called liquid nitrogen. We don’t have the ability to produce, so we are at the whims of others at the moment. While the EEF may provide us with some things from time to time, anything they provide us would be in the best interest of the EEF. With Neliff[sp?] most likely they would provide us what we needed at the time, but I wouldn’t be doing my job as champion if I didn’t try to secure the best means to protect the island.

There are several other threats that will come from space but that isn’t the only threats on the main land. A tribe belonging to the UTR turned their home volcano into a greater deamon. This would also be a time that I would have liked to have liquid nitrogen as normal attacks barely harm him. One of these days I would like to go hunt him down, but I will only be able to do this with the proper equipment. There is also information about traveling through dimensional tears that I would need to obtain before I go and do something like this.

By contacting the Iron Republic, there can be a fresh start. The actions and disagreements I have had in my time in service to the EEF shouldn’t come up and we would be able to procure the means to protect ourselves from the variety of threats out there.

There is also a creature that I haven’t seen, an alien of some sort that has been on refuge since the last time they had a circus. I have seen it but it doesn’t match anything I have seen nor read about in EEF literature. The Iron Republic might have the information that would enable me to determine if it is a threat.

Mag Buskt found all of this information a bit overwhelming. He also wondered where his Champion had learned so much about space.

From the little conversations he had with the EEF leadership, Space travel was not open to most soldiers…

And most Earthers on the ground knew little to nothing about space travel.

He also saw a small flaw in OtOs plan.

"Champion, this technology cannot be used by most of my Bruskti. It reacts badly to the Leyas. Then it becomes dangerous to the user, dangerous to my people.

Right now, all our defenses, all our conveniences can be used by all my people without danger. Well except you Champion due to your strange nature.

What you suggest seems like flipping it so only you can use these conveniences and nothing is gained for my people.

I will allow you to begin a preliminary agreement with this Godart, but I will not allow his previously unknown tribe access to my Island unrestrained.

I also expect you to advise me of any of these Technological Marvels BEFORE they are exposed to my people.

When this ship is ready for voyage, we will have a feast to celebrate."
No Shadow Walk will be bonded between the two locations. That would allow Godart to sneak any sort of this TECHNOLOGY into my lands without my knowledge. Last time I allowed that, I had the Earthers pumping nerve gas throughout my kingdom.

Instead I will assign a Bruskti crew loyal to me to ferry Godart here when he needs to come and go."

Mag Buskt continued, "I have read much about the Neliff in the ancient scrolls of the Nightmare Lords. They were suppressed by the Peace of Falos and the Quall N’drone an eternity before the Olgogs rose up against the Yyan.

All the Nightmare Lord texts I read do not show any need for this Liquid Nitrogen you speak of. The Neliff are weakest against the beautiful Songs of the Winged Ones.

The Baribur of the Dawn Spear still maintain the Songmancer tradition. Getting their alliance would be worth far more than a missile that could accidentally blow up and kill my people.

Champion, beware of being the Stone mason who thinks all problems should be solved with a chisel,

Beware of being the Wood Cutter who thinks all problems should be solved with an axe…"

Mag Buskt finished, "I really have no clue what you mean when you talk about a creature from the last time Der’al had a circus.
Festivals are common enough, and the Earthers have traveling circuses from what my Bruskti tell me who cross the mainland all the time.

There are many species on Refuge that could be threats, the Darmags (Dragons), the Mighty Yadol, the Raiti, and others."

“What about this specific creature made you think it was a threat to my Island specifically?”

Olgog the Olgog

There is a saying I have heard, Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. I can’t ascertain whether this is a threat that needs to be hunted down, a threat that needs to be dealt with if it attacks, or just some random creature that is out there that is under control of someone else. That is where knowledge of the creature comes in, knowledge we don’t have.

The Neliff[sp?] are creatures that fall under the first catagory, creatures to hunt down under any and all circumstances. The Yadol, the Raiti, and the others fall under the second catagory, creatures to deal with if they attack.

I am very familiar with the EEF’s knowledge base, I was able to read many books and reports on them. This creature wasn’t in any of them.

Without knowing where to classify it there is no way I can be prepared to fight it effectively.

OtO raises his forearm and parts some fur, showing scars from his battle with the avatar of Kolgol

I fought the Avatar of the deamon, kolgol. I was unable to harm him due to his fiery nature and the fact I wasn’t prepared enough for that battle. I could have done better, if I had the supplies to be able to freeze his body, which would involve liquid nitrogen and compressed CO2.

These scars are the price of not being prepared. I do not wish that to happen again, nor do I wish to be blindsided if such a creature were to attack.

“Champion do you really assume because you cannot classify something you think it is a threat?” Said Mag Buskt as OtO spoke of the unknown enemies.

When the discussion turned towards the demon Kalok.

“You have sent out many Ur Rhug across to mainland. Why wish for liquid nitrogen when you had Leyas Users who could have chilled this monster?” Asked Mag Buskt

Olgog the Olgog

I never said that, I said that because I don’t know if it is a threat, I can’t be prepared to fight it, if it is.

There is a saying I heard once, “Those who lead from the rear, take it in the rear”. It is a simple saying about leadership and essentially it means that the leader must be able to do the things he asks his gogs to do, and actually do them.

This and the fact he appeared where I was at, and the other Ur Rhug where not nearby for me to call upon factor into my reasoning for this.

Mag Buskt said, “there is another saying. A leader who looks at all he meets as Enemies will quickly find himself surrounded by enemies.”

“I do not see how using this liquid nitrogen let’s you do what those you command do? Instead it seems you wish to expand your personal arsenal while ignoring the actual soldiers who serve under you. Will these liquid nitrogens be able to be used by the common fishergog who walks the shores of my island…or only you?”

Olgog the Olgog

The simple answer is yes, any gog would be able to use it. It is technology based, so depending o n how advanced the weapon is there is the possibility of backlash where the weapon misfires from some interaction with the leyas. This is a possibility with immutables too, if the weapon isn’t maintained.

Granted, this is assuming some level of training. It’s like any other tool, you need to know how to use it.

Olgog the Olgog

It’s like my power armour, anygog can learn how to use it. If you use the leyas, it has a higher chance of failure. I believe this can be mitigated by using zela to cut off the leyas but to my understanding that is uncomfortable to many gogs.

I have never tested this theory though.

"Oh oh that good. I though your armor was only able to be used you.
Since that is the case instead of this liquid nitrogen you should devote time to training our citizens how to use your armor.
I will have ten fisherfolk sent to you so they can be taught to pilot the armor.

Since anyone can use it , this should be a great opportunity.

Once you have trained these ten and built them armor with the machines we purchased from the EEF I want to see a demonstration of them in action

Once that is done we can revisit this liquid nitrogen."

Olgog the Olgog

Very well. Do you have any zela? It would be wise to have something that cuts off the leyas to prevent backlash for these gogs. Immutables don’t have to deal with backlash but I have seen adepts collapse from the pain of using some piece of technology.

Also, we don’t have enough supplies to build ten suits of power armour. By my estimates we have enough for five. I know where a supply of some metal is, but it is being put to a civilian use. Currently I approve of this more that using it for the armour. The temporary leader of the tribe would most likely consider it stealing too.

We also will need a secure location to store the equipment. If we procure the right technology, we can prevent unauthorized gogs form using the armour by utilizing biometric authorization. This technology is something that we would most likely need to trade for, as it is highly complex. Building it would be on par of building nanites for us right now.

GoDart seems to have a supplies or access to some supply of the resources needed to build more armour. This is one of the reasons I proposed this alliance.

[b]Olgog the Olgog[/B

GoDart has come back to me, he has obtained 10,000 tons of materials he wishes to help transport. The place he has obtained this from is nightmare infested and and xenophobic, only earthers are allowed. I wish to formalize this treaty and go help him remove the supplies for him.

If you still don’t want to approve this treaty, I want permission to go and help him. Alone, as myself. That way if anything happens you can claim you didn’t know what I was doing.

In the interest of full disclosure, I recently was given some gold bars. I am giving these to GoDart to secure aid to discretely extract the supplies.

Mag Buskt heard General Giffords words ringing in his ears.
He looked at OtO for a few moments before replying. They spoke in native Olgog both much more comfortable in this than Earther dialects.

"Why is this Godart taking tons of materials from a place where Olgogs are not wanted? And why is it our problem? If you wound a citizen of this place you have not named it would be upon the honor of my kingdom.
If they sought vengeance it would be upon my citizens.
It could cause war for what?

You may do as you wish in this Godart situation but I do not support any treaty at this time. As for zela I do not have any to give you. You may claim the Earther Tower and its ajoining lands for your worksite with Godart.

But I am wary of this whole endeavour. Mark my words champion you seem intent on bringing enemies from abroad."

Olgog the Olgog

Because he bought it. He showed up, spoke to someone there , and made a deal. I don’t know what he said to be able to obtain such a deal, but I have been informed that it is on the up an up.

GoDart has been asked to move the material, and he has obtained vehicles to move such an amount. He wish for help with logistics of moving such an amount supplies and some cover to obstruct view from the sky.

This should be a pickup and thats it.

You have my word that I will not harm any of the citizens of this city, and I will endeavor to make sure that others do the same.

"Your word is your bond,"agreed Mag Buskt,
“But my Bruskti talk much and I know a smuggling operation when I hear one.
I will await your report on the truth about how up and up this transaction is.”